Total Posts:13|Showing Posts:1-13
Jump to topic:

No Avatars!

I-am-a-panda
Posts: 15,380
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
11/11/2010 10:58:19 AM
Posted: 6 years ago
For too long DDO users have prided themselves on avatars like a personal flag of impersonal pride which gives us a false illusion go what we really are. No longer shall we stick to this sign of brutal oppression!

From here on in, I propose no avatars, that is, a blank page in place of a usual avatar. No longer will we live with these false faces !!

Viva la Blancolution!!
Pizza. I have enormous respect for Pizza.
Korashk
Posts: 4,597
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
11/11/2010 11:14:08 AM
Posted: 6 years ago
At 11/11/2010 10:58:19 AM, I-am-a-panda wrote:
From here on in, I propose no avatars, that is, a blank page in place of a usual avatar. No longer will we live with these false faces !!

You could just use an actual picture of yourself.
When large numbers of otherwise-law abiding people break specific laws en masse, it's usually a fault that lies with the law. - Unknown
Zetsubou
Posts: 4,933
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
11/11/2010 11:17:59 AM
Posted: 6 years ago
I did this ages ago, I just never made a thread on it.

Good luck, but I don't think it will work.

<- Mengistu Haile Mariam, awesome dictator, slightly "genocidal" but his heart was in the right place.
'sup DDO -- july 2013
Cody_Franklin
Posts: 9,483
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
11/11/2010 11:36:40 AM
Posted: 6 years ago
At 11/11/2010 11:17:59 AM, Zetsubou wrote:
I did this ages ago, I just never made a thread on it.

Good luck, but I don't think it will work.

<- Mengistu Haile Mariam, awesome dictator, slightly "genocidal" but his heart was in the right place.

You know, Zets, sometimes I whether you're an idiot or a brilliant troll.
Zetsubou
Posts: 4,933
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
11/11/2010 11:48:30 AM
Posted: 6 years ago
At 11/11/2010 11:36:40 AM, Cody_Franklin wrote:
At 11/11/2010 11:17:59 AM, Zetsubou wrote:
I did this ages ago, I just never made a thread on it.

Good luck, but I don't think it will work.

<- Mengistu Haile Mariam, awesome dictator, slightly "genocidal" but his heart was in the right place.

You know, Zets, sometimes I whether you're an idiot or a brilliant troll.
The Ethiopians consider political genocide or purges as general genocide. Mengistu was a very smart guy and helped the country greatly. He was just a bit too... 'trigger happy'.

He's the African equivalent to Stalin+Malcolm X.
'sup DDO -- july 2013
Cody_Franklin
Posts: 9,483
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
11/11/2010 11:49:25 AM
Posted: 6 years ago
At 11/11/2010 11:48:30 AM, Zetsubou wrote:
At 11/11/2010 11:36:40 AM, Cody_Franklin wrote:
At 11/11/2010 11:17:59 AM, Zetsubou wrote:
I did this ages ago, I just never made a thread on it.

Good luck, but I don't think it will work.

<- Mengistu Haile Mariam, awesome dictator, slightly "genocidal" but his heart was in the right place.

You know, Zets, sometimes I whether you're an idiot or a brilliant troll.
The Ethiopians consider political genocide or purges as general genocide. Mengistu was a very smart guy and helped the country greatly. He was just a bit too... 'trigger happy'.

He's the African equivalent to Stalin+Malcolm X.

I think you may have answered my question.
Zetsubou
Posts: 4,933
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
11/11/2010 12:12:17 PM
Posted: 6 years ago
At 11/11/2010 11:49:25 AM, Cody_Franklin wrote:

I think you may have answered my question.
lol, your attitude is different.

Libertarian/"liberal" economics are the main reason Africans are poor[Washington consensus-89']. Mengistu united his people, changed the law to benefit ALL people, women, religions, ethnic groups, and the social strata. He combat fascism, racism and aristocracy/Cronyism; made various agricultural reforms and built schools, hospitals and courts.

He just didn't take %#!@ from no one.

-
He was extreme in his methods, but got things done for the best interest of all the Ethiopian peoples. His nature made him close to the Soviet sphere and for that reason he was toppled and labelled what he is now. He wasn't perfect but there's more to the world that the blind pursuit of liberty and democracy, the condition of the people, hailemariam made this his goal and partially achieved it.

=====================================================
Forgive me for hijacking your thread, Panda.
'sup DDO -- july 2013
FREEDO
Posts: 21,057
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
11/11/2010 3:26:44 PM
Posted: 6 years ago
At 11/11/2010 11:10:56 AM, Mirza wrote:
Technically, you still have avatars.

It's true. You're just showing how boring and stale you are.
GRAND POOBAH OF DDO

fnord
annhasle
Posts: 6,657
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
11/11/2010 3:32:08 PM
Posted: 6 years ago
At 11/11/2010 3:26:44 PM, FREEDO wrote:
At 11/11/2010 11:10:56 AM, Mirza wrote:
Technically, you still have avatars.

It's true. You're just showing how boring and stale you are.

LOL You both are completely missing the point of this... But I'd rather use a white picture and be boring/stale than use Cody's bear. Your avatar week merely gives me a headache.
I'm not back. This idiot just upset me which made me stop lurking.
Koopin
Posts: 12,090
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
11/11/2010 3:37:39 PM
Posted: 6 years ago
At 11/11/2010 3:32:08 PM, annhasle wrote:
At 11/11/2010 3:26:44 PM, FREEDO wrote:
At 11/11/2010 11:10:56 AM, Mirza wrote:
Technically, you still have avatars.

It's true. You're just showing how boring and stale you are.

LOL You both are completely missing the point of this... But I'd rather use a white picture and be boring/stale than use Cody's bear. Your avatar week merely gives me a headache.


Commit!Change your avvie to cody's, and experience life!!!!!!
kfc