Total Posts:257|Showing Posts:1-30|Last Page
Jump to topic:

Lets raise some hell and end the presidency!

imabench
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
3/18/2016 7:59:11 PM
Posted: 8 months ago
I have decided to run for President in the upcoming election.

Yeah yeah, I know, hahaha, very funny. I understand its hard to take a claim like this seriously since I'm the one making it. But its the truth, I have decided to run for president and will run on a platform to dissolve the presidency.

I wasn't planning on making this announcement until much later in time, preferably 3 to 4 weeks before the election even began, like a normal f*ckin person would have done. However, because some irrational people decided to announce they were running three MONTHS in advance, I to had to declare that I was running in order to not get left behind. To wait an extra month or two before declaring that I would run would risk some other idiot deciding they would run on a platform to abolish the presidency, so I had to declare now since, unfortunately, the time to declare that you are running for president has come apparently.

My platform, as mentioned before, is designed on abolishing the presidency. For those of you who already know or refuse to accept, the presidency was once a position of importance back when Juggle was active on the site. The president stood as the representative of all the people on DDO when handling affairs with Juggle regarding updating and maintaining the site, and for a long time the presidency was a position of importance. However, now that Juggle's interest in the site has plummeted, so to has the importance of the presidency, to the point that many people feel the position is no longer necessary, as indicated by the results of the last election. The presidency today is essentially an over-glorified popularity contest that some members would prefer to keep around because it adds fresh drama to the site every 6 months, or because they mistakenly believe that the presidency is worth keeping. Many other members feel that the presidency is useless and needs to die, since it serves no valuable purpose and only results in really nasty drama on the site between candidates and devoted supporters of those candidates. I am one of those people who believes the presidency should be terminated, and so as president, if elected, my administration would be devoted entirely to ending the presidency.

Getting rid of the presidency though isn't exactly simple.... If voters simply elect a complete idiot as president who would make a fool out of himself and the presidency, or if someone is elected and they aren't ever on the site in the first place, Airmax would simply hold an emergency election to appoint a new president, as what happened when Mikal resigned and Ore_Ele was elected..... Simply having an 'anti-president' be elected president doesn't mean that the presidency is therefore abolished. However, even If someone competent is elected president, simply stating 'the presidency is dead' STILL wouldn't result in the presidency is eliminated, because some dingus will just announce that they are running for president in the next election after that, and Airmax likely won't consider the presidency to be dead just because the current president keeps trying to declare it so. In order for the presidency to be ended, the powers of the presidency must be delegated elsewhere and a new mechanism for driving change on the site must be implemented.

My 3-pronged platform is designed to do exactly that, which will delegate the three main powers of the presidency elsewhere. The three powers of the president are 1) Provide input on handling disputes between members, 2) Organize and host Official DDO Tournaments, and 3) Serve as a mechanism for driving change and reform here on DDO....... Let's go through each of these three powers and explain how I would delegate them elsewhere, which will result in the termination of the presidency.

1) Delegate resolution of member disputes entirely to Airmax

The president's role in handling conflicts between members is minimal at best, and non-existent at its worst, making it a very minor and very expendable aspect of the presidency. Airmax, as mod, is the only one who has any actual authority in handling disputes between members, since the president doesn't have the power to enforce bans or restraining orders like Airmax does. Therefore, I, as president, would delegate all authority the president has in resolving fights between members back to Airmax, since as mod that is his department of expertise in the first place. Airmax already reserves the right to consult third parties regarding member disputes if he wants to, so if he would like an outside opinion on how to handle a dispute between members, he's allowed to consult any person whose opinion he values, not just the president. If elected, I would delegate all authority the president has in handling member disputes back to Airmax, since Airmax is the one who has authority in handling member disputes in the first place.

2) Implement a mafia-style mod list for hosting Official DDO Tournaments

Official DDO Tournaments, as you probably already know, aren't that big of a deal on the site. As you read this very sentence right now, yes you, Im willing to bet any amount of money that you cannot name the last two winners of Official DDO Tournaments from memory, not including Beginner tournaments. You have no idea who the last two winners are, do you? I didn't think so. I had to look it up myself (Hayd and FourTrouble)..... Because the President has authority in sanctioning Official DDO Tournaments, this power needs to be delegated elsewhere in order for the presidency to be abolished. As President, I would implement a mafia-style mod list for people to host Official DDO Tournaments if they feel they are up to the challenge, like how we have a mod list for mafia games in the Games forum.

For those of you who question if a mafia-style sign-up list for hosting tournaments would work, guess what, its already in place http://www.debate.org... The current mod-list signups are reserved for regular tournaments that members want to host themselves. But If I became president, I would allow for Official DDO Tournaments to also be allowed to be hosted by people who sign up in the thread, rather than limit the mod-list to miscellaneous tournaments.

If multiple people want to sign up to host an official tournament, then the person who requested to host one of them first gets first dibs since, naturally, they were the first to request it. If someone else wants to host the tournament though, they are more than be welcome to PM the member who currently holds the spot and try have them agree to give up their spot as host. This will allow for Official DDO Tournaments to still be hosted, while eliminating the need for there to be a President to organize and run them.
Kevin24018 : "He's just so mean it makes me want to ball up my fists and stamp on the ground"
Geogeer: "Nobody is dumb enough to become my protege."

7/14/16 = The Presidency Dies

DDO: THE MOVIE = http://www.debate.org...
http://www.debate.org...

VP of DDO from Dec 14th 2014 to Jan 1st 2015
imabench
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
3/18/2016 7:59:34 PM
Now this next one addresses the biggest power of the president which will make this next part of my platform be the most important aspect of it. As useless as the presidency may appear, it still holds a large role as being a mechanism for implementing change on DDO, by allowing a candidate to "campaign" on ideas thought up by members. If that president then gets a majority vote based on those ideas he campaigns on, then the changes get implemented on the site, meaning the presidency serves as a watered-down referendum for user-driven ideas to be implemented on the site, as illustrated below

Ideas for changes to the site -> A presidential candidate campaigns on them -> People vote for the president based on how much they like the ideas

What I would propose to delegate this power of the presidency elsewhere is to simply cut out the middle man (the president) and replace DDO Elections with another system for users to vote on proposed changes to the site: DDO Conventions.

3) DDO Elections -> DDO Conventions

A Direct Democracy functions by having all members of a country gather in one place every once in a while to then individually vote on proposed laws. It works best when a community actually has the ability to gather in one place to then debate and vote on proposed changes. DDO is certainly capable of being a Direct Democracy since people on this site always come to the same part of the site when they have an idea they want to propose or raise awareness to an issue they came across on the site. There's no need for there to be 'elected representatives' like a president to push for changes on DDO on behalf of other members, because members of DDO already gather in one place every 6 months to voice their opinions on proposed changes to the site, as evidenced by elections themselves!

So, rather than have a DDO Election every 6 months, as president I would ordain that DDO Conventions be held every 6 months instead. These Conventions would function by allowing ideas pitched by members to be argued and debated on beforehand, and then when its time for the Convention to start, members of DDO can gather and vote on whether or not to implement the ideas being proposed, with a requirement of 70% approval from voters needed to enact a proposed change to the site..... Proposed changes to the site that could be voted on at DDO Conventions could be, for example:

- The ability for the community to ban people from the site by a majority vote
- Adjusting the percentage of votes needed to enact an idea from 70% to something else
- Implementing programs like debater mentorship that would be headed by the person proposing the program
- Altering or even repealing vote moderation on the site
- A one-time admittance of polls in the polls section into the DDO Hall of Fame
- More strictly or more loosely enforcing the 'no personal attacks' rule on the site
- Ironically, people could even vote to bring back the DDO Presidency at a DDO Convention if people really wanted to bring back the Presidency, or if Juggle miraculously takes up a large interest in the site again and makes the Presidency necessary again.

DDO Conventions would allow ALL proposed changes to the site to be voted on and then possibly implemented, not just proposed changes that presidential candidates pick and choose to campaign on. Prior to Conventions themselves, users with ideas would make threads where they propose their idea they would like to see implemented, and then other members of the site could agree with the ideas or propose changes to the ideas to hammer out the details of the proposal. Other members could jump in and disagree with the idea and make arguments why its a bad idea as well. Then when its time for a DDO Convention to take place, all the recently proposed ideas will be listed in the first post for people to vote on, where instead of voting for a President and Vice President, Users can vote yes/no on a list of proposed change to the site.

This idea of Conventions differs from the current system we have now by cutting out the middle man, who in this case is the president, as illustrated below.

Presidency:
Idea for a change -> President campaigns on it -> People vote for President based on ideas they like

Conventions:
Idea for change -> People vote for the ideas they like

By eliminating the need of a president to drive for changes on the site, the process of implementing new ideas and policies becomes much more efficient and clear-cut, while also ensuring that all policy proposals get voted on rather than ones that candidates decide to campaign on. Users also maintain far more control over their ideas and proposed programs than they would when a president campaigns on them, and there would also be far less drama on the site regarding things like voter qualification, and the need to actually be president to implement ideas.

==================================================================================

It is time for the presidency as a position to be terminated, and for the first time, a person has a genuine plan to dismantle the presidency once and for all, while still allowing for user-driven changes to the site to be voted on and enacted..... My platform essentially is a material alteration of the politics of DDO from being an overdramatic and overblown 'Democracy' that is nothing more than a mod-sanctioned popularity contest, to a referendum-driven style of governing/organization where the people of DDO take more power over making the site better in a way they collectively see fit. You do not need to be president to make lasting changes to this site, and I demonstrate that better than any member on DDO from what I have contributed to this site as a normal member.... I've made movies for the site, I've made TV shows for the site, I've made videos for the site, I popularized fanfictions, I made the Hall of Fame itself, I've left my mark on almost every major forum on this site, I'm in the top 10 or Top 15 of just about every leaderboard on this site as well, and I didn't need to be President to do ANY of these things..... You don't need to win an election and be president to have your ideas for DDO be implemented, all you need is self-motivation, and when thats not quite enough, you need a platform to pitch ideas for people to evaluate and then vote on.

A vote for me to be president this coming July would be a vote to make me the LAST president this coming July. We can end the presidency once and for all, and by doing so, unleash the full ability and capability of users to pitch their own changes to the site to be voted on.

(Quick note that I will NOT be naming someone to be my VP. I've been the VP in the past, and trust me, the position is even more useless than the presidency itself. To be perfectly honest, naming someone VP on a platform meant to abolish the presidency would be almost as retarded as naming TWO people to be VP, since the VP does nothing except try to help the main president get elected)
Kevin24018 : "He's just so mean it makes me want to ball up my fists and stamp on the ground"

imabench
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
3/18/2016 8:00:34 PM
Just for the sake of seeing how many people actually like my platform, here is a list for people to leave their name if you would CONSIDER, not guarantee, voting for me this coming July based on my platform...... If you would like to actually help me with my campaign and be part of a PM to help me organize my campaign, leave a couple +++++++++ after your name as well.

Thanks! :D

1 -
2 -
3 -
4 -
5 -
6 -
7 -
9 -
10 -

TBR
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
3/18/2016 8:19:11 PM
At 3/18/2016 7:59:11 PM, imabench wrote:

Yeah yeah, I know, hahaha, very funny. I understand its hard to take a claim like this seriously since I'm the one making it. But its the truth, I have decided to run for president and will run on a platform to dissolve the presidency.

I wasn't planning on making this announcement until much later in time, preferably 3 to 4 weeks before the election even began, like a normal f*ckin person would have done. However, because some irrational people decided to announce they were running three MONTHS in advance, I to had to declare that I was running in order to not get left behind. To wait an extra month or two before declaring that I would run would risk some other idiot deciding they would run on a platform to abolish the presidency, so I had to declare now since, unfortunately, the time to declare that you are running for president has come apparently.

My platform, as mentioned before, is designed on abolishing the presidency. For those of you who already know or refuse to accept, the presidency was once a position of importance back when Juggle was active on the site. The president stood as the representative of all the people on DDO when handling affairs with Juggle regarding updating and maintaining the site, and for a long time the presidency was a position of importance. However, now that Juggle's interest in the site has plummeted, so to has the importance of the presidency, to the point that many people feel the position is no longer necessary, as indicated by the results of the last election. The presidency today is essentially an over-glorified popularity contest that some members would prefer to keep around because it adds fresh drama to the site every 6 months, or because they mistakenly believe that the presidency is worth keeping. Many other members feel that the presidency is useless and needs to die, since it serves no valuable purpose and only results in really nasty drama on the site between candidates and devoted supporters of those candidates. I am one of those people who believes the presidency should be terminated, and so as president, if elected, my administration would be devoted entirely to ending the presidency.

Getting rid of the presidency though isn't exactly simple.... If voters simply elect a complete idiot as president who would make a fool out of himself and the presidency, or if someone is elected and they aren't ever on the site in the first place, Airmax would simply hold an emergency election to appoint a new president, as what happened when Mikal resigned and Ore_Ele was elected..... Simply having an 'anti-president' be elected president doesn't mean that the presidency is therefore abolished. However, even If someone competent is elected president, simply stating 'the presidency is dead' STILL wouldn't result in the presidency is eliminated, because some dingus will just announce that they are running for president in the next election after that, and Airmax likely won't consider the presidency to be dead just because the current president keeps trying to declare it so. In order for the presidency to be ended, the powers of the presidency must be delegated elsewhere and a new mechanism for driving change on the site must be implemented.

My 3-pronged platform is designed to do exactly that, which will delegate the three main powers of the presidency elsewhere. The three powers of the president are 1) Provide input on handling disputes between members, 2) Organize and host Official DDO Tournaments, and 3) Serve as a mechanism for driving change and reform here on DDO....... Let's go through each of these three powers and explain how I would delegate them elsewhere, which will result in the termination of the presidency.

The president's role in handling conflicts between members is minimal at best, and non-existent at its worst, making it a very minor and very expendable aspect of the presidency. Airmax, as mod, is the only one who has any actual authority in handling disputes between members, since the president doesn't have the power to enforce bans or restraining orders like Airmax does. Therefore, I, as president, would delegate all authority the president has in resolving fights between members back to Airmax, since as mod that is his department of expertise in the first place. Airmax already reserves the right to consult third parties regarding member disputes if he wants to, so if he would like an outside opinion on how to handle a dispute between members, he's allowed to consult any person whose opinion he values, not just the president. If elected, I would delegate all authority the president has in handling member disputes back to Airmax, since Airmax is the one who has authority in handling member disputes in the first place.

Official DDO Tournaments, as you probably already know, aren't that big of a deal on the site. As you read this very sentence right now, yes you, Im willing to bet any amount of money that you cannot name the last two winners of Official DDO Tournaments from memory, not including Beginner tournaments. You have no idea who the last two winners are, do you? I didn't think so. I had to look it up myself (Hayd and FourTrouble)..... Because the President has authority in sanctioning Official DDO Tournaments, this power needs to be delegated elsewhere in order for the presidency to be abolished. As President, I would implement a mafia-style mod list for people to host Official DDO Tournaments if they feel they are up to the challenge, like how we have a mod list for mafia games in the Games forum.

For those of you who question if a mafia-style sign-up list for hosting tournaments would work, guess what, its already in place http://www.debate.org... The current mod-list signups are reserved for regular tournaments that members want to host themselves. But If I became president, I would allow for Official DDO Tournaments to also be allowed to be hosted by people who sign up in the thread, rather than limit the mod-list to miscellaneous tournaments.

If multiple people want to sign up to host an official tournament, then the person who requested to host one of them first gets first dibs since, naturally, they were the first to request it. If someone else wants to host the tournament though, they are more than be welcome to PM the member who currently holds the spot and try have them agree to give up their spot as host. This will allow for Official DDO Tournaments to still be hosted, while eliminating the need for there to be a President to organize and run them.

Honestly... Well thought out.
lannan13
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
3/18/2016 8:40:16 PM
At 3/18/2016 8:00:34 PM, imabench wrote:
Just for the sake of seeing how many people actually like my platform, here is a list for people to leave their name if you would CONSIDER, not guarantee, voting for me this coming July based on my platform...... If you would like to actually help me with my campaign and be part of a PM to help me organize my campaign, leave a couple +++++++++ after your name as well.

I like the platform, but that doesn't guirentee you a vote from me.
-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-Lannan13'S SIGNATURE-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-

If the sky's the limit then why do we have footprints on the Moon? I'm shooting my aspirations for the stars.

"If you are going through hell, keep going." "Sir Winston Churchill

"No one can make you feel inferior without your consent." "Eleanor Roosevelt

Topics I want to debate. (http://tinyurl.com...)
-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~
TBR
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
3/18/2016 8:52:46 PM

Yea. You know what. You got me. You got my support, you got my vote.

I am happy to explain why in detail later, but I am willing to say so openly right now.
Bob13
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
3/18/2016 8:55:34 PM

1 - Bob13
2 -
3 -
4 -
5 -
6 -
7 -
9 -
10 -

Do you think there should be requirements all members have to meet to gain eligibility to vote in the conventions?
I don't have a signature. :-)
ResponsiblyIrresponsible
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
3/18/2016 8:56:52 PM
I'm "undecided" at the moment, but I'm very intrigued by this and mildly interested.
~ResponsiblyIrresponsible

DDO's Economics Messiah
imabench
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
3/18/2016 8:58:46 PM
At 3/18/2016 8:19:11 PM, TBR wrote:

Honestly... Well thought out.

writing fanfictions for months on end gives you an appreciation for detail :P

imabench
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
3/18/2016 8:59:21 PM
At 3/18/2016 8:56:52 PM, ResponsiblyIrresponsible wrote:
I'm "undecided" at the moment, but I'm very intrigued by this and mildly interested.

please tell me you did something memorial for your 11,000th post

ResponsiblyIrresponsible
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
3/18/2016 9:00:00 PM
At 3/18/2016 8:59:21 PM, imabench wrote:
At 3/18/2016 8:56:52 PM, ResponsiblyIrresponsible wrote:

please tell me you did something memorial for your 11,000th post

Nope, I didn't even realize I crossed 11,000!

This is why we need a President Bench.
~ResponsiblyIrresponsible

DDO's Economics Messiah
EndarkenedRationalist
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
3/18/2016 9:17:47 PM
At 3/18/2016 9:15:07 PM, Geographia wrote:
Fvck off.

Thank God. There's still some sanity left. Between the two competing groups now, I was starting to worry.
Hoppi
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
3/18/2016 9:20:29 PM

I don't get it. Why not just turn the presidential vote into a referendum for the presidency? We could just vote no president.
Romaniii
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
3/18/2016 9:23:57 PM

I wasn't planning on making this announcement until much later in time, preferably 3 to 4 weeks before the election even began, like a normal f*ckin person would have done. However, because some irrational people decided to announce they were running three MONTHS in advance, I to had to declare that I was running in order to not get left behind. To wait an extra month or two before declaring that I would run would risk some other idiot deciding they would run on a platform to abolish the presidency,

LOL

Me and a couple other members were actually just talking about running a presidential campaign with a blank google doc as the platform...
But your idea is better, so as of right now, I'm probably voting for you.

Good luck. That was a surprisingly well-thought-out plan. I hope it works.
PetersSmith
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
3/18/2016 9:25:28 PM
This crap again?
Empress of DDO (also Poll and Forum "Maintenance" Moderator)

"The two most important days in your life is the day you were born, and the day you find out why."
~Mark Twain

"Wow"
-Doge

"Don't believe everything you read on the internet just because there's a picture with a quote next to it."
~Abraham Lincoln

Guide to the Polls Section: http://www.debate.org...
EndarkenedRationalist
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
3/18/2016 9:29:17 PM
At 3/18/2016 9:25:28 PM, PetersSmith wrote:
This crap again?

It's just more cowardice and idiocy. I'm sick of this stupid anarchist push on DDO. Everyone knows the Presidency is a net benefit to the site. Everyone knows it has powers extending far beyond representation to Juggle. Everyone knows removing the Presidency will cause irrevocable harm to the site. It'll kill DDO. But then, maybe that'll be the straw that finally makes me leave this place.
thett3
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
3/18/2016 9:38:25 PM
endorsed
DDO Vice President

#StandwithBossy

#UnbanTheMadman

#BetOnThett

"Don't quote me, ever." -Max

"My name is max. I'm not a big fan of slacks"- Max rapping

"Walmart should have the opportunity to bribe a politician to it's agenda" -Max

"Thett, you're really good at convincing people you're a decent person"-tulle

"You fit the character of Regina George quite nicely"- Sam

: At 11/12/2016 11:49:40 PM, Raisor wrote:
: thett was right
thett3
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
3/18/2016 9:38:48 PM
At 3/18/2016 9:23:57 PM, Romaniii wrote:

I wasn't planning on making this announcement until much later in time, preferably 3 to 4 weeks before the election even began, like a normal f*ckin person would have done. However, because some irrational people decided to announce they were running three MONTHS in advance, I to had to declare that I was running in order to not get left behind. To wait an extra month or two before declaring that I would run would risk some other idiot deciding they would run on a platform to abolish the presidency,

LOL

Me and a couple other members were actually just talking about running a presidential campaign with a blank google doc as the platform...
But your idea is better, so as of right now, I'm probably voting for you.

Good luck. That was a surprisingly well-thought-out plan. I hope it works.

He robbed us of our moment
DDO Vice President

#StandwithBossy

#UnbanTheMadman

#BetOnThett

bsh1
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
3/18/2016 9:49:59 PM
This was exactly what I was hoping to avoid... -_-
Live Long and Prosper

I'm a Bish.

"Twilight isn't just about obtuse metaphors between cannibalism and premarital sex, it also teaches us the futility of hope." - Raisor

"[Bsh1] is the Guinan of DDO." - ButterCatX

Follow the DDOlympics
: http://www.debate.org...

Open Debate Topics Project: http://www.debate.org...
Rosalie
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
3/18/2016 9:52:16 PM
At 3/18/2016 9:49:59 PM, bsh1 wrote:
This was exactly what I was hoping to avoid... -_-

It's just a fad.

"This too shall pass"
" We need more videos of cat's playing the piano on the internet" - My art professor.

"Criticism is easier to take when you realize that the only people who aren't criticized are those who don't take risks." - Donald Trump

Officially Mrs. 16Kadams 8-30-16
Romaniii
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
3/18/2016 9:55:21 PM
At 3/18/2016 9:29:17 PM, EndarkenedRationalist wrote:
This crap again?

It's just more cowardice and idiocy. I'm sick of this stupid anarchist push on DDO. Everyone knows the Presidency is a net benefit to the site. Everyone knows it has powers extending far beyond representation to Juggle. Everyone knows removing the Presidency will cause irrevocable harm to the site.

Yep. Everyone. Except for half the site's popultion, who either voted for Wylted or otherwise trolled the election... and a fair amount of Bsh1's voters too, who don't really care about the presidency and only voted because they were requested to do so via PM.

It'll kill DDO.

That's demonstrably false. We more or less didn't have a president during the first half of 2015... and yet the site remains standing.

But then, maybe that'll be the straw that finally makes me leave this place.

I've left the site for a lot of dumb reasons before, but that ^ is dumber than any of them.
Torton
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
3/18/2016 9:57:01 PM
This crap again?

It's just more cowardice and idiocy. I'm sick of this stupid anarchist push on DDO. Everyone knows the Presidency is a net benefit to the site. Everyone knows it has powers extending far beyond representation to Juggle. Everyone knows removing the Presidency will cause irrevocable harm to the site. It'll kill DDO. But then, maybe that'll be the straw that finally makes me leave this place.
Statist.
imabench
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
3/18/2016 9:57:30 PM
At 3/18/2016 8:55:34 PM, Bob13 wrote:

1 - Bob13
2 -
3 -
4 -
5 -
6 -
7 -
9 -
10 -

Do you think there should be requirements all members have to meet to gain eligibility to vote in the conventions?

Im open to the idea, but I dont see much of a need for it to be honest. If a DDO Convention was held, the only thing people would be voting for are ideas, not people, so the amount of damage a single new guy could make is very minimal.

Actually that could be another proposal you could make at a DDO Convention: Requirements to vote on proposals!

thett3
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
3/18/2016 9:58:13 PM
At 3/18/2016 9:57:01 PM, Torton wrote:
This crap again?

Statist.
DDO Vice President

#StandwithBossy

#UnbanTheMadman

#BetOnThett

imabench
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
3/18/2016 9:58:50 PM
At 3/18/2016 9:20:29 PM, Hoppi wrote:

I don't get it. Why not just turn the presidential vote into a referendum for the presidency? We could just vote no president.

Because then that leaves DDO without a means of actually making changes to the site. My platform is getting rid of the presidency by replacing it with something else that does the same work as the presidency. Simply voting for no president doesnt accomplish that

Hoppi
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
3/18/2016 10:00:57 PM
At 3/18/2016 9:58:50 PM, imabench wrote:

Because then that leaves DDO without a means of actually making changes to the site. My platform is getting rid of the presidency by replacing it with something else that does the same work as the presidency. Simply voting for no president doesnt accomplish that

But those changes could happen without you being president. The fact that you think you need to be president to make changes to the site kinda undermines your position that we don't need a president.
imabench
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
3/18/2016 10:02:16 PM
This crap again?

It's just more cowardice and idiocy. I'm sick of this stupid anarchist push on DDO.

Says the guy who is voting for Trump in order to throw the US into basic anarchy

Everyone knows the Presidency is a net benefit to the site.

The system being proposed to replace it also is a net-benefit. The question now is which is more of a net-benefit

Everyone knows it has powers extending far beyond representation to Juggle.

Which my platform addresses....

Everyone knows removing the Presidency will cause irrevocable harm to the site. It'll kill DDO.

LOL, DDO existed before the presidency you know.... And removing the presidency wont cause 'irrevocable harm' to the site, nor does 'everyone' 'know' this

But then, maybe that'll be the straw that finally makes me leave this place.

imabench
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
3/18/2016 10:04:18 PM
At 3/18/2016 10:00:57 PM, Hoppi wrote:
At 3/18/2016 9:58:50 PM, imabench wrote:

But those changes could happen without you being president. The fact that you think you need to be president to make changes to the site kinda undermines your position that we don't need a president.

The only thing the Presidency is good for is being able to eliminate the presidency. Ironic I know. You have to use the system in order to dismantle it in this case