Jump to topic:

Announcing my Bid for Presidency of DDO

TheChristian
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
3/18/2016 11:48:09 PM
Posted: 8 months ago
I hereby announce my bid for DDO presidency. I am not going to be wishy-washy with people, I am an honest person, and I don't write long things to sound smart. I am short, sweet, and to the point. Here are my main platform points
1- Making several mods exclusively for personal problems in between groups of members, so Airmax isn't swamped with problems.
2- Removal of the censors disregarding profanities. I mean we are mature debaters and do not need to be censored if we want to say fvck. There are so many alternate words for the banned words and it's just pointless.
3-Transparancy. All decisions made by the mods and presidents should be public. I mean the major ones that could affect the average DDOan.
4-Less strict voting standards. Forfeiture of one round without explanation or few to no sources used by one side compared to the other sources cited by the opposition, quality and quantity, should not be a reason to remove a vote
5- Stricter punishments against those who instigate flame wars over petty grievances. Neither party will just be given a RO if there is reason to suggest it won't be any good, as well as individuals with more than 2 ROs at a time against them will be submitted to another group of mods that will be created for punishment, and possible banning
6- Stricter punishments against trolls. People who add nothing to the discussion will have their comments immediately removed.
7-ROs are to be easy to obtain and requesting one should be easy. Optional mods who's sole job is to create these put in place.
8- Implementing of a venting forum. People need to vent once in a while. Plus, have you seen the rants people have posted?
9- Bid to fix the errors. They are everywhere and they need fixed
10- Establishment of a co-president, as well as a vice president to male things easier on the president.

Any supporters?
lannan13
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
3/19/2016 4:49:10 AM
What makes you think you're qualified.?
-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-Lannan13'S SIGNATURE-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-

If the sky's the limit then why do we have footprints on the Moon? I'm shooting my aspirations for the stars.

"If you are going through hell, keep going." "Sir Winston Churchill

"No one can make you feel inferior without your consent." "Eleanor Roosevelt

Topics I want to debate. (http://tinyurl.com...)
-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~
PetersSmith
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
3/19/2016 5:44:10 AM
At 3/18/2016 11:48:09 PM, TheChristian wrote:
I hereby announce my bid for DDO presidency. I am not going to be wishy-washy with people, I am an honest person, and I don't write long things to sound smart. I am short, sweet, and to the point. Here are my main platform points
1- Making several mods exclusively for personal problems in between groups of members, so Airmax isn't swamped with problems.
2- Removal of the censors disregarding profanities. I mean we are mature debaters and do not need to be censored if we want to say fvck. There are so many alternate words for the banned words and it's just pointless.
3-Transparancy. All decisions made by the mods and presidents should be public. I mean the major ones that could affect the average DDOan.
4-Less strict voting standards. Forfeiture of one round without explanation or few to no sources used by one side compared to the other sources cited by the opposition, quality and quantity, should not be a reason to remove a vote
5- Stricter punishments against those who instigate flame wars over petty grievances. Neither party will just be given a RO if there is reason to suggest it won't be any good, as well as individuals with more than 2 ROs at a time against them will be submitted to another group of mods that will be created for punishment, and possible banning
6- Stricter punishments against trolls. People who add nothing to the discussion will have their comments immediately removed.
7-ROs are to be easy to obtain and requesting one should be easy. Optional mods who's sole job is to create these put in place.
8- Implementing of a venting forum. People need to vent once in a while. Plus, have you seen the rants people have posted?
10- Establishment of a co-president, as well as a vice president to male things easier on the president.

Any supporters?

No
Empress of DDO (also Poll and Forum "Maintenance" Moderator)

"The two most important days in your life is the day you were born, and the day you find out why."
~Mark Twain

"Wow"
-Doge

"Don't believe everything you read on the internet just because there's a picture with a quote next to it."
~Abraham Lincoln

Guide to the Polls Section: http://www.debate.org...
donald.keller
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
3/19/2016 6:43:23 AM

The Pres already helps deal with problems.

Not even Airmax, to my knowledge, can do this.

Most presidential nominees offer this.

http://www.debate.org...

This is an Airmax thing. Although punishment for multiple RO's may go somewhere.

Both halves are Airmax-only things. Especially the second half. Plus, you can't just remove a comment because it's not directly relevant to a thread.

RO's may have their place, but easy-to-obtain RO's are an abomination to intellectual discourse. Crying because someone disagrees with you too much and making the Mod tell them to leave you alone. The mod is the mod, not your parent.

Only Juggle can do this.

9- Bid to fix the errors. They are everywhere and they need fixed.

Juggle-only function.

So... Wylted's co-VP?

Any supporters?
-- Don't forget to submit your unvoted debates to the Voter's Union --

OFFICIAL DK/TUF 2016 Platform: http://www.debate.org...

My Facebook Page: https://www.facebook.com...
#SaveThePresidency
#SaveTheSite

-- DK/TUF 2016 --
tejretics
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
3/19/2016 7:44:22 AM
At 3/19/2016 6:24:47 AM, Hayd wrote:
yeah...no
"Where justice is denied, where poverty is enforced, where ignorance prevails, and where any one class is made to feel that society is an organized conspiracy to oppress, rob and degrade them, neither persons nor property will be safe." - Frederick Douglass
TheChristian
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
3/19/2016 3:02:25 PM
At 3/19/2016 4:49:10 AM, lannan13 wrote:

I've seen the best and worst of DDO. What makes anyone qualified? That's my question
TheChristian
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
3/19/2016 3:10:59 PM
At 3/19/2016 6:43:23 AM, donald.keller wrote:

How so?

The Pres can talk to Juggle directly and have that removed.

Yeah, well so do I, so at least as far as this point is concerned, I'm better than the ones who don't

Yet my votes were removed for reasons such as this

This is an Airmax thing. Although punishment for multiple RO's may go somewhere.

But a policy that should and can be implemented

Both halves are Airmax-only things. Especially the second half. Plus, you can't just remove a comment because it's not directly relevant to a thread.

Sure you can, the derailment policy. I've seen a lot of threads turn horrible because one guy went off on a tangent. It sucks. For everyone who was in the thread. Say there's a thread about Trump and someone goes on and on about how it doesn't matter from a religious perspective. Great point but irrelevant. Especially when this person begins replying to everyone and arguing.

RO's may have their place, but easy-to-obtain RO's are an abomination to intellectual discourse. Crying because someone disagrees with you too much and making the Mod tell them to leave you alone. The mod is the mod, not your parent.

I'm not saying that RO's should be something you can get in 3 seconds. It would be a long process, reviewing why the RO should be implemented.

Only Juggle can do this.

See above reasons

Juggle-only function.

See above reasons

So... Wylted's co-VP?

Not exactly.
Any supporters?
famousdebater
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
3/19/2016 3:32:55 PM

Already dealt with.

You want to mitigate flame wars and you want to remove the swearing filter? These seem contradictory to me. Also, there are active 13 - 18 year olds on the site too.

The president already does this in the monthly update.

Airmax is already revising the voting standards.

I think the punishment now is fine. Most people now get 1 week bans for flame wars. Are you suggesting longer?

This will be detrimental. The site will make way less money from minimal attention. The sites popularity will go down which will ultimately decrease the number of members joining and decrease the chances of people coming across the site.

Only airmax can have this ability. You can't just give out these positions. Airmax has a special account that allows him to have banning abilities, vote removal etc. Every single other account on the site is ordinary. Including the other mods. They help airmax out but ultimately it is always airmax that removes votes, forums, polls etc.

You'll need Juggle for this. And they've been ignoring communication from DDO for ages now. What makes you think that you could change this?

Airmax is already doing the best he can. I don't know what the president could possibly do to help. You don't get any additional bug removal privileges

Stuff like this has already happened. In the next election Wylted, Rosalie and Bsh are running as one presidency. Wylted as president, Rosalie as vice and Bsh as co-pres. Last time it was Bsh, Zaradi, Saph. There's nothing new here. Plus, once you're the president depending on how many people you know and are friends with you, you can help them to run programs. Since Bsh was quite popular he got people like FortisAnimi to run the mentorship program, VOT to run the debate review program, Hayd to run tournaments, etc.

Any supporters?

Not me, sorry.
"Life calls the tune, we dance."
John Galsworthy
Ragnar
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
3/19/2016 5:40:17 PM

What the president does with his male things, really isn't DDO business. Not sure anyone would want that job. (Sorry, couldn't resist on that typo)
Unofficial DDO Guide: http://goo.gl...
(It's probably the best help resource here, other than talking to people...)

Voting Standards: https://goo.gl...

And please disable Smart-Quotes: https://goo.gl...
lannan13
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
3/19/2016 9:51:22 PM
At 3/19/2016 3:02:25 PM, TheChristian wrote:

I've seen the best and worst of DDO. What makes anyone qualified? That's my question

You've only been here a year though. You haven't seen the best and the worst.

If the sky's the limit then why do we have footprints on the Moon? I'm shooting my aspirations for the stars.

TheChristian
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
3/19/2016 9:54:58 PM
At 3/19/2016 9:51:22 PM, lannan13 wrote:

You forget this- I've received threats and people telling me to kill myself. And I've also seen people defend people who have been through things like that. I've seen a lot here, and I'm more qualified than some users who've been here for years. Not naming names.
lannan13
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
3/19/2016 10:00:08 PM
At 3/19/2016 9:54:58 PM, TheChristian wrote:

You forget this- I've received threats and people telling me to kill myself. And I've also seen people defend people who have been through things like that. I've seen a lot here, and I'm more qualified than some users who've been here for years. Not naming names.

I've been in the same boat and probably worse when people have pratically committed felonies against me on this site and other crimes. I know how low people can go on this site. Unless you have expierenced this from multiple generations then that really doesn't qualify. The fact that you've been here for a year doesn't make you "qualified," in your terms, either since you pratically have no idea what DDO use to be like. People on this site who say "Make DDO Great Again" have no idea what they're talking about since they only want to go back to Post-Mikal admin. You need to go back further than that. DDO today is a disgrace to many people who are on this site with the quality degradation and the fact that the extreme moderation has just turned this site into an "After school daycare." This is a trashed site and someone could even argue that Edeb8, in it's current state, is better than this site.

Hayd
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
3/19/2016 10:01:44 PM

If someone told you to kill yourself you should report that to Max. No one should ever do that
donald.keller
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
3/19/2016 10:22:50 PM
At 3/19/2016 3:10:59 PM, TheChristian wrote:

How so?

The president is the person who deals with member conflicts (until they because bigger issues).

No he can't. Juggle doesn't attend to this site or it's president anymore. Unless you're willing to travel to Juggle.

Yeah, well so do I, so at least as far as this point is concerned, I'm better than the ones who don't

When I say "most," what I meant was every presidential candidate ever.

Everytime someone complains that their vote was removed because of bad moderation or strict rules, it turns out they just had bad votes.

"Should"... No. Either way, Airmax won't implement this.

Sure you can, the derailment policy. I've seen a lot of threads turn horrible because one guy went off on a tangent. It sucks. For everyone who was in the thread. Say there's a thread about Trump and someone goes on and on about how it doesn't matter from a religious perspective. Great point but irrelevant. Especially when this person begins replying to everyone and arguing.

I agree with the Derailment Policy... However, making an unrelated comment is not the same as full blown derailment.

I'm not saying that RO's should be something you can get in 3 seconds. It would be a long process, reviewing why the RO should be implemented.

"ROs are to be easy to obtain and requesting one should be easy." - You.

Only Juggle can do this.

See above reasons

Unless you are going to travel to Juggle in St. Louis, being President won't help you.

Juggle-only function.

See above reasons

So... Wylted's co-VP?

Not exactly.

How so?

Any supporters?
-- Don't forget to submit your unvoted debates to the Voter's Union --

OFFICIAL DK/TUF 2016 Platform: http://www.debate.org...

My Facebook Page: https://www.facebook.com...
#SaveThePresidency
#SaveTheSite

-- DK/TUF 2016 --
TheChristian
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
3/19/2016 10:23:11 PM
At 3/19/2016 10:01:44 PM, Hayd wrote:

If someone told you to kill yourself you should report that to Max. No one should ever do that

I did that. They currently are out of VPNs to use DDO, and have been perma banned.
TheChristian
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
3/19/2016 10:31:19 PM
At 3/19/2016 10:22:50 PM, donald.keller wrote:
At 3/19/2016 3:10:59 PM, TheChristian wrote:

How so?

The president is the person who deals with member conflicts (until they because bigger issues).

Nope, Max.

No he can't. Juggle doesn't attend to this site or it's president anymore. Unless you're willing to travel to Juggle.

Well, I'm a teenager with nothing better to do and that beats being at home. So...

When I say "most," what I meant was every presidential candidate ever.

Then say "ALL'. Very simple concept.

Everytime someone complains that their vote was removed because of bad moderation or strict rules, it turns out they just had bad votes.

Well, the debate I voted on was a two round forfeit with no sources. I listed these reasons and my vote was removed.

"Should"... No. Either way, Airmax won't implement this.

Airmax has a tendency to be very forgiving of multiple offenders. RO's should be able to be given out by certain mods to make things easier on Airmax. As well as the multiple RO's. If someone has 3 RO's on them, it should say it's them and not the other person.

I agree with the Derailment Policy... However, making an unrelated comment is not the same as full blown derailment.

Guy posts Trump topic
Other guy starts going on and on about how it doesn't matter
Derails entire thread.

"ROs are to be easy to obtain and requesting one should be easy." - You.

I said easy, not instant and on demand

Only Juggle can do this.

See above reasons

Unless you are going to travel to Juggle in St. Louis, being President won't help you.

Again, I got nothing but time. 4.0 GPA and plus I could start spamming them with emails until they give up and do this. I'm the type to do that.

Juggle-only function.

See above reasons

So... Wylted's co-VP?

Not exactly.

How so?

Someone who, if an issue comes up, they can respond to it if the president is otherwise engaged. Sort of like that, but they both have equal authority and one isn't going to be the guy nobody knows about

Any supporters?
Hayd
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
3/19/2016 10:36:15 PM
At 3/19/2016 10:23:11 PM, TheChristian wrote:
At 3/19/2016 10:01:44 PM, Hayd wrote:

I did that. They currently are out of VPNs to use DDO, and have been perma banned.

good
tajshar2k
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
3/19/2016 10:47:15 PM

Any supporters?

Who are you?
"In Guns We Trust" Tajshar2k
TheChristian
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
3/21/2016 3:22:29 PM
At 3/19/2016 10:47:15 PM, tajshar2k wrote:

Any supporters?

Who are you?

Someone who thinks he can be a DDO president
lannan13
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
3/21/2016 3:35:30 PM
At 3/21/2016 3:22:29 PM, TheChristian wrote:

Any supporters?

Who are you?

You don't have a name. Even if you have a great platform, you won't get elected.

Emmarie
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
3/21/2016 4:12:10 PM
At 3/19/2016 5:40:17 PM, Ragnar wrote:

What the president does with his male things, really isn't DDO business. Not sure anyone would want that job. (Sorry, couldn't resist on that typo)
lmao
TheChristian
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
3/23/2016 1:57:49 AM
At 3/21/2016 3:35:30 PM, lannan13 wrote:

Any supporters?

Who are you?

You don't have a name. Even if you have a great platform, you won't get elected.

Explain?
lannan13
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
3/23/2016 2:14:27 AM
At 3/23/2016 1:57:49 AM, TheChristian wrote:

Any supporters?

Who are you?

Explain?

Nobody knows who you are.

TheChristian
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
3/23/2016 6:11:13 PM
At 3/23/2016 2:14:27 AM, lannan13 wrote:

Any supporters?

Who are you?

Explain?

You act as if this is a popularity contest. I don't expect to win, that would be impossible. What I intend to do is far better
lannan13
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
3/23/2016 6:19:39 PM
At 3/23/2016 6:11:13 PM, TheChristian wrote:

Any supporters?

Who are you?

Explain?

You act as if this is a popularity contest. I don't expect to win, that would be impossible. What I intend to do is far better

The Mikal/Bench admin showed that it was a popularity contest. They even stated that they were trolling when their platform was released.

TheChristian
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
3/23/2016 6:25:58 PM
At 3/23/2016 6:19:39 PM, lannan13 wrote:
At 3/23/2016 6:11:13 PM, TheChristian wrote:

Any supporters?

Who are you?

Explain?

The Mikal/Bench admin showed that it was a popularity contest. They even stated that they were trolling when their platform was released.

I won't deny that happened, but that showed how much it utterly sucks. This time, I think it would be wise for people to reconsider. But, no matter. Again, while if I get elected, probably because all my competition suddenly drops dead, loses wifi/data, or leaves DDO, it would be a bonus, but not art of my plan. My plan is much more complex.
TheChristian
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
3/24/2016 1:41:42 AM
At 3/19/2016 5:40:17 PM, Ragnar wrote:

See avatar
TheChristian
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
3/24/2016 4:26:21 PM
At 3/19/2016 3:32:55 PM, famousdebater wrote:

You want to mitigate flame wars and you want to remove the swearing filter? These seem contradictory to me. Also, there are active 13 - 18 year olds on the site too.

Also, you act as though these people don't swear offline every day. I mean, if you filter the forums and debates, then filter PM's.