#Unkenchthebench

Mikal
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
3/19/2016 12:19:45 AM
Posted: 8 months ago
https://i.ytimg.com...

I swear, I think Imabench read my mind. After reading BSH's thread and thinking to myself

https://www.youtube.com...

I came to the conclusion that someone needed to run a platform with the clear intent to dissolve the presidency. BSH in a attempt to not divide the community, has agreed to work under wylted to cut down drama. Whether that be for fear of losing (because he gets hurt when others disagree with him), or fear of drama, is irrelevant. Obvioulsy the attempt was to not hurt the community, but fails to address the heart of the issue

Since I was elected, and since I showed how flawed the general position could be, there has been a trend in every presidency after that to abolish it. It just reinforced the idea that the presidency has no real purpose other than being a figure head that has no real power. In the past election the group of members who felt this way went to Wylted in order to see this goal achieved. So now that wylted is the Status Quo, and is becoming a "viable" candidate, we are going to see that same group shift to bench.

In short there is a giant divide in the site between those members that want the presidency and that don't want the presidency, and this will continue to happen until a conclusive decision is finally reached about the viability of the position.

BSH has been a great president, and has done everything amazing. I fully hold to the ideal that "if something isn't broke, don't try and fix it". So I have supported him. With the change in the position and BSH inadvertently opening back up this rift in greater magnitudes as you all will see in the upcoming months, I am reverting back to the beleif that I always held.

The presidency is a crok of sht, that has been reverted to a popularity contest.

Bench is basically sending all matters over to Max and saying he will do nothing, or if anything be minimally involved. This is the perfect platform and the most effective way to actually dissolve it. He can't be replaced because he did not leave the office, and he will literally do nothing and send stuff over to airmax which is basically what we have now.

Ironically I just texted thett3 earlier today asking him to run, for the same thoughts bench had. So this just makes it all easier

TLDR : Unkenchthebench
imabench
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
3/19/2016 12:23:39 AM
At 3/19/2016 12:19:45 AM, Mikal wrote:

I swear, I think Imabench read my mind. After reading BSH's thread and thinking to myself

Whats beautiful about that pic is that I main as support in League of Legends and the champion featured in that pic is a Support champ XD

I came to the conclusion that someone needed to run a platform with the clear intent to dissolve the presidency. BSH in a attempt to not divide the community, has agreed to work under wylted to cut down drama. Whether that be for fear of losing (because he gets hurt when others disagree with him), or fear of drama, is irrelevant. Obvioulsy the attempt was to not hurt the community, but fails to address the heart of the issue

Since I was elected, and since I showed how flawed the general position could be, there has been a trend in every presidency after that to abolish it. It just reinforced the idea that the presidency has no real purpose other than being a figure head that has no real power. In the past election the group of members who felt this way went to Wylted in order to see this goal achieved. So now that wylted is the Status Quo, and is becoming a "viable" candidate, we are going to see that same group shift to bench.

In short there is a giant divide in the site between those members that want the presidency and that don't want the presidency, and this will continue to happen until a conclusive decision is finally reached about the viability of the position.

BSH has been a great president, and has done everything amazing. I fully hold to the ideal that "if something isn't broke, don't try and fix it". So I have supported him. With the change in the position and BSH inadvertently opening back up this rift in greater magnitudes as you all will see in the upcoming months, I am reverting back to the beleif that I always held.

The presidency is a crok of sht, that has been reverted to a popularity contest.

Bench is basically sending all matters over to Max and saying he will do nothing, or if anything be minimally involved. This is the perfect platform and the most effective way to actually dissolve it. He can't be replaced because he did not leave the office, and he will literally do nothing and send stuff over to airmax which is basically what we have now.

Ironically I just texted thett3 earlier today asking him to run, for the same thoughts bench had. So this just makes it all easier

luv u 2 boo <3
Kevin24018 : "He's just so mean it makes me want to ball up my fists and stamp on the ground"
Geogeer: "Nobody is dumb enough to become my protege."

7/14/16 = The Presidency Dies

DDO: THE MOVIE = http://www.debate.org...
http://www.debate.org...

VP of DDO from Dec 14th 2014 to Jan 1st 2015
Mikal
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
3/19/2016 12:24:39 AM
At 3/19/2016 12:23:39 AM, imabench wrote:

Whats beautiful about that pic is that I main as support in League of Legends and the champion featured in that pic is a Support champ XD

luv u 2 boo <3

I also owe you for backing me up during my term. I will grind this site down to it's core foundation to see that you win.
1harderthanyouthink
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
3/19/2016 12:25:32 AM

I opposed the idea of him joining Wylted's ticket, but I also oppose Bench's abolition platform. I would just most want more terms of Bsh/similar people - because it really gave no harms to the site and could only benefit it with certain programs (i.e. outreach). So I found the Wylted/Bsh to be a far less favorable outcome.
"It's awfully considerate of you to think of me here,
And I'm much obliged to you for making it clear - that I'm not here."

-Syd Barrett

DDO Risk King
Rosalie
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
3/19/2016 12:29:20 AM
At 3/19/2016 12:25:32 AM, 1harderthanyouthink wrote:

I opposed the idea of him joining Wylted's ticket, but I also oppose Bench's abolition platform. I would just most want more terms of Bsh/similar people - because it really gave no harms to the site and could only benefit it with certain programs (i.e. outreach). So I found the Wylted/Bsh to be a far less favorable outcome.

*Wylted/Rosalie/bsh
" We need more videos of cat's playing the piano on the internet" - My art professor.

"Criticism is easier to take when you realize that the only people who aren't criticized are those who don't take risks." - Donald Trump

Officially Mrs. 16Kadams 8-30-16
Mikal
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
3/19/2016 12:29:35 AM

It's just accidental gerrymandering in order to prevent drama that can't be prevented. It yet again, is a strong argument for abolitionism

I have no idea what BSH was thinking though. While trying to stop the boat from drowning, he just inadvertently poked a hole in the core.
imabench
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
3/19/2016 12:29:49 AM
At 3/19/2016 12:24:39 AM, Mikal wrote:

I also owe you for backing me up during my term. I will grind this site down to it's core foundation to see that you win.

Im starting to feel like you and me are the DDO equivalent of the Lannisters from Game of Thrones XD
Kevin24018 : "He's just so mean it makes me want to ball up my fists and stamp on the ground"

dsjpk5
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
3/19/2016 12:31:06 AM

You need to be his running mate and dissolve the Vice Presidency!
If that was the only issue, then vote moderation could be avoided more often, since a vote in which the voter does explain sufficiently how at least one point a debater made swung their vote, would be considered sufficient. -Airmax
Mikal
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
3/19/2016 12:31:49 AM
At 3/19/2016 12:29:49 AM, imabench wrote:

Im starting to feel like you and me are the DDO equivalent of the Lannisters from Game of Thrones XD

That's a pretty accurate comparison. Your like my brother, and I would fuk you in a church.
1harderthanyouthink
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
3/19/2016 12:31:50 AM
At 3/19/2016 12:29:20 AM, Rosalie wrote:

*Wylted/Rosalie/bsh

I will not be voting for two VPs. There will be two names on my vote.

-Syd Barrett

DDO Risk King
Mikal
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
3/19/2016 12:32:15 AM
At 3/19/2016 12:31:50 AM, 1harderthanyouthink wrote:

*Wylted/Rosalie/bsh

LOL
Rosalie
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
3/19/2016 12:32:44 AM

*Wylted/Rosalie/bsh

Well, it's a packaged deal..so.
" We need more videos of cat's playing the piano on the internet" - My art professor.

"Criticism is easier to take when you realize that the only people who aren't criticized are those who don't take risks." - Donald Trump

imabench
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
3/19/2016 12:34:05 AM
At 3/19/2016 12:32:44 AM, Rosalie wrote:

*Wylted/Rosalie/bsh

so welcome to the Bench campaign, harder ;)

imabench
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
3/19/2016 12:35:30 AM
At 3/19/2016 12:31:49 AM, Mikal wrote:

That's a pretty accurate comparison. Your like my brother, and I would fuk you in a church.

Would you do it against my will next to me dead son who was a little sh*t in the first place and deserved to die? <3

(spoiler alert)

Rosalie
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
3/19/2016 12:36:51 AM
At 3/19/2016 12:34:05 AM, imabench wrote:

*Wylted/Rosalie/bsh

You think you're so funny....don't you? ;)
How cute..

Mikal
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
3/19/2016 12:37:55 AM
At 3/19/2016 12:35:30 AM, imabench wrote:
At 3/19/2016 12:31:49 AM, Mikal wrote:

Would you do it against my will next to me dead son who was a little sh*t in the first place and deserved to die? <3

(spoiler alert)

id def toss you a rupie and call you zelda
1harderthanyouthink
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
3/19/2016 12:38:16 AM

*Wylted/Rosalie/bsh

We'll see in June, lol. In the meantime, we should do more fun things in comparison to argue over the Presidency.

-Syd Barrett

DDO Risk King
imabench
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
3/19/2016 12:40:30 AM
At 3/19/2016 12:38:16 AM, 1harderthanyouthink wrote:

We'll see in June, lol. In the meantime, we should do more fun things in comparison to argue over the Presidency.

We can always make passive-aggressive threads about other people doing things we dont like :D

1harderthanyouthink
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
3/19/2016 12:43:15 AM
At 3/19/2016 12:40:30 AM, imabench wrote:
At 3/19/2016 12:38:16 AM, 1harderthanyouthink wrote:

We can always make passive-aggressive threads about other people doing things we dont like :D

Lol

-Syd Barrett

DDO Risk King
ShabShoral
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
3/19/2016 1:28:44 AM
I support Bench 100%. Everything in this thread is fundamentally correct, and highlights the problem with Wylted's campaign: he has given up his anti-establishment position to pander to all. It will not work.
"This site is trash as a debate site. It's club penguin for dysfunctional adults."

~ Skepsikyma <3

"Your idea of good writing is like Spinoza mixed with Heidegger."

~ Dylly Dylly Cat Cat

"You seem to aspire to be a cross between a Jewish hipster, an old school WASP aristocrat, and a political iconoclast"

~ Thett the Mighty

"fvck omg ur face"

~ Liz
imabench
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
3/19/2016 4:29:17 AM
At 3/19/2016 1:28:44 AM, ShabShoral wrote:
I support Bench 100%. Everything in this thread is fundamentally correct, and highlights the problem with Wylted's campaign: he has given up his anti-establishment position to pander to all. It will not work.

<3

Hayd
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
3/19/2016 3:36:44 PM

*Wylted/Rosalie/bsh

Ugh, I hate this entire situation, then people forgetting you just pisses me off even more
thett3
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
3/19/2016 3:41:27 PM
Imabench has an insatiable lust to improve DDO. A true statesman--you can't quench the bench.
DDO Vice President

#StandwithBossy

#UnbanTheMadman

#BetOnThett

"Don't quote me, ever." -Max

"My name is max. I'm not a big fan of slacks"- Max rapping

"Walmart should have the opportunity to bribe a politician to it's agenda" -Max

"Thett, you're really good at convincing people you're a decent person"-tulle

"You fit the character of Regina George quite nicely"- Sam

: At 11/12/2016 11:49:40 PM, Raisor wrote:
: thett was right
TBR
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
3/19/2016 3:56:31 PM

I think you should add like 12 co-VPs to the bench ticket
Rosalie
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
3/19/2016 5:25:45 PM
At 3/19/2016 3:36:44 PM, Hayd wrote:

*Wylted/Rosalie/bsh

Ugh, I hate this entire situation, then people forgetting you just pisses me off even more

Well, some people do it on purpose, in spite of me because they for some reason don't want me as VP..