Total Posts:40|Showing Posts:1-30|Last Page
Jump to topic:

What do you want this place to be?

YYW
Posts: 36,286
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
3/19/2016 7:04:07 AM
Posted: 8 months ago
What do you want DDO to be? Please be specific. What are you looking for here?

Have you found what you're looking for?

What could a DDO president to to give you what you're looking for?

What do you think of the current presidential candidates?

What would you like in a presidential candidate?
Tsar of DDO
imabench
Posts: 21,216
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
3/19/2016 7:09:25 AM
Posted: 8 months ago
At 3/19/2016 7:04:07 AM, YYW wrote:
What do you want DDO to be?

Mine

Please be specific. What are you looking for here?

Glory, fame, and cheap hookers

Have you found what you're looking for?

The first two yes, the third one is a work in process

What could a DDO president to to give you what you're looking for?

he can either pay me to get a hooker or be the hooker, I wont judge. (yes I will)

What do you think of the current presidential candidates?

Well I like one of them a lot more than the other

What would you like in a presidential candidate?

A person who is smart enough to not pick more than one VP
Kevin24018 : "He's just so mean it makes me want to ball up my fists and stamp on the ground"

7/14/16 = The Presidency Dies

DDO: THE MOVIE = http://www.debate.org...
http://www.debate.org...

VP of DDO from Dec 14th 2014 to Jan 1st 2015
PetersSmith
Posts: 5,839
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
3/19/2016 7:09:55 AM
Posted: 8 months ago
A place where all the bugs are fixed and I'm the "president" for life, ruling with unquestionable loyalty from all and absolute power.
Empress of DDO (also Poll and Forum "Maintenance" Moderator)

"The two most important days in your life is the day you were born, and the day you find out why."
~Mark Twain

"Wow"
-Doge

"Don't believe everything you read on the internet just because there's a picture with a quote next to it."
~Abraham Lincoln

Guide to the Polls Section: http://www.debate.org...
F-16_Fighting_Falcon
Posts: 18,324
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
3/19/2016 7:38:47 AM
Posted: 8 months ago
At 3/19/2016 7:04:07 AM, YYW wrote:
What do you want DDO to be? Please be specific. What are you looking for here?

Have you found what you're looking for?

What could a DDO president to to give you what you're looking for?

What do you think of the current presidential candidates?

What would you like in a presidential candidate?

I'm happy with DDO as it is. I'm happy that I get to interact with such an amazing group of people. I'm happy with the professionalism and maturity that Airmax and whiteflame run the site. I look for a place where I can argue my ideas vigorously and be subject to intelligent scrutiny and I've found that here.

The presidential position isn't one of authority but a title given to someone who wants to do something good for the site that we don't already have. TUF's presidency where he used his own personal money and sent Xboxes as prizes to good voters is an example of that. With a president, I want to see someone do something "awesome" that we've never seen before. While they could always do it even as a member, having a formal recognition is sure to inspire and motivate them more.

What I don't want is a boring list of updates nobody cares about and excites no one. Its not a position of power so pretending to have some formal authority and going through the motions is an utterly useless time suck. I want see creativity, passion, and big dreams. Wylted's insistence that he will sit outside Juggle's door until they respond was one such dream. Although now that the presidency is compromised, I'm re-thinking who I'd vote for. I disagree that the presidency should be abolished. I don't see anything wrong with putting someone in a position where they feel motivated to do amazing things for the site and giving people a shot to do it. So, imabench is out. If anyone good throws their hat in the ring, I'd seriously consider voting them.
YYW
Posts: 36,286
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
3/19/2016 7:57:31 AM
Posted: 8 months ago
At 3/19/2016 7:38:47 AM, F-16_Fighting_Falcon wrote:
At 3/19/2016 7:04:07 AM, YYW wrote:
What do you want DDO to be? Please be specific. What are you looking for here?

Have you found what you're looking for?

What could a DDO president to to give you what you're looking for?

What do you think of the current presidential candidates?

What would you like in a presidential candidate?

I'm happy with DDO as it is. I'm happy that I get to interact with such an amazing group of people. I'm happy with the professionalism and maturity that Airmax and whiteflame run the site. I look for a place where I can argue my ideas vigorously and be subject to intelligent scrutiny and I've found that here.

Who have you argued your "ideas vigorously" with, and who has subjected you to "intelligent scrutiny"?

The presidential position isn't one of authority but a title given to someone who wants to do something good for the site that we don't already have. TUF's presidency where he used his own personal money and sent Xboxes as prizes to good voters is an example of that. With a president, I want to see someone do something "awesome" that we've never seen before. While they could always do it even as a member, having a formal recognition is sure to inspire and motivate them more.

I agree TUF was a good president.

What I don't want is a boring list of updates nobody cares about and excites no one. Its not a position of power so pretending to have some formal authority and going through the motions is an utterly useless time suck. I want see creativity, passion, and big dreams. Wylted's insistence that he will sit outside Juggle's door until they respond was one such dream. Although now that the presidency is compromised, I'm re-thinking who I'd vote for. I disagree that the presidency should be abolished. I don't see anything wrong with putting someone in a position where they feel motivated to do amazing things for the site and giving people a shot to do it. So, imabench is out. If anyone good throws their hat in the ring, I'd seriously consider voting them.

Such as?
Tsar of DDO
F-16_Fighting_Falcon
Posts: 18,324
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
3/19/2016 8:05:46 AM
Posted: 8 months ago
At 3/19/2016 7:57:31 AM, YYW wrote:

Who have you argued your "ideas vigorously" with, and who has subjected you to "intelligent scrutiny"?

Many people over the years. Off the top of my head, most recently, Skepsikyma over a variety of topics in the politics/society forums.

Such as?

Such as who I'd want as president? I don't know. I'd be surprisingly okay with a lot of people doing it primarily because even if they are a complete failure, its no big deal but if they do something great, that'll be something enriching.

I suspect the most "neutral" reputable members like Maikuru and Raisor would pass on it though for similar reasons I would.
tajshar2k
Posts: 2,383
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
3/19/2016 1:02:53 PM
Posted: 8 months ago
At 3/19/2016 7:38:47 AM, F-16_Fighting_Falcon wrote:
At 3/19/2016 7:04:07 AM, YYW wrote:
What do you want DDO to be? Please be specific. What are you looking for here?

Have you found what you're looking for?

What could a DDO president to to give you what you're looking for?

What do you think of the current presidential candidates?

What would you like in a presidential candidate?

I'm happy with DDO as it is. I'm happy that I get to interact with such an amazing group of people. I'm happy with the professionalism and maturity that Airmax and whiteflame run the site. I look for a place where I can argue my ideas vigorously and be subject to intelligent scrutiny and I've found that here.

The presidential position isn't one of authority but a title given to someone who wants to do something good for the site that we don't already have. TUF's presidency where he used his own personal money and sent Xboxes as prizes to good voters is an example of that. With a president, I want to see someone do something "awesome" that we've never seen before. While they could always do it even as a member, having a formal recognition is sure to inspire and motivate them more.

What I don't want is a boring list of updates nobody cares about and excites no one. Its not a position of power so pretending to have some formal authority and going through the motions is an utterly useless time suck. I want see creativity, passion, and big dreams. Wylted's insistence that he will sit outside Juggle's door until they respond was one such dream. Although now that the presidency is compromised, I'm re-thinking who I'd vote for. I disagree that the presidency should be abolished. I don't see anything wrong with putting someone in a position where they feel motivated to do amazing things for the site and giving people a shot to do it. So, imabench is out. If anyone good throws their hat in the ring, I'd seriously consider voting them.

HE SENT XBox's AS PRIZES!?!?
"In Guns We Trust" Tajshar2k
lannan13
Posts: 23,062
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
3/19/2016 2:47:39 PM
Posted: 8 months ago
At 3/19/2016 1:02:53 PM, tajshar2k wrote:
HE SENT XBox's AS PRIZES!?!?

Yes he did.
-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-Lannan13'S SIGNATURE-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-

If the sky's the limit then why do we have footprints on the Moon? I'm shooting my aspirations for the stars.

"If you are going through hell, keep going." "Sir Winston Churchill

"No one can make you feel inferior without your consent." "Eleanor Roosevelt

Topics I want to debate. (http://tinyurl.com...)
-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~
TBR
Posts: 9,991
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
3/19/2016 2:47:43 PM
Posted: 8 months ago
At 3/19/2016 7:04:07 AM, YYW wrote:
What do you want DDO to be? Please be specific. What are you looking for here?

Have you found what you're looking for?

What could a DDO president to to give you what you're looking for?

What do you think of the current presidential candidates?

What would you like in a presidential candidate?

First. Welcome back. Second, what do i want this place to be. Well... I could rant, but in the end all really need is some tech work. Bring the forum up to modern standards. Fix the systemic problems.
1harderthanyouthink
Posts: 13,102
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
3/19/2016 2:49:07 PM
Posted: 8 months ago
At 3/19/2016 7:04:07 AM, YYW wrote:
What do you want DDO to be? Please be specific. What are you looking for here?

I want DDO to be somewhere that I can alternate between fvcking around and engaging in discussion about topics that interest me.

Have you found what you're looking for?

I fvck around here enough, but the actual discussion could be better. The site needs some more vibrancy, but I don't think it's too pressing an issue.

What could a DDO president to to give you what you're looking for?

I'll keep that to myself.

What do you think of the current presidential candidates?

I have problems with Wylted, and fundamental disagreement with Bench.

What would you like in a presidential candidate?

Answered two questions up.
"It's awfully considerate of you to think of me here,
And I'm much obliged to you for making it clear - that I'm not here."

-Syd Barrett

DDO Risk King
tajshar2k
Posts: 2,383
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
3/19/2016 3:34:42 PM
Posted: 8 months ago
At 3/19/2016 2:47:39 PM, lannan13 wrote:
At 3/19/2016 1:02:53 PM, tajshar2k wrote:
HE SENT XBox's AS PRIZES!?!?

Yes he did.

Wow... I wish I joined before.
"In Guns We Trust" Tajshar2k
famousdebater
Posts: 3,941
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
3/19/2016 3:36:27 PM
Posted: 8 months ago
At 3/19/2016 3:34:42 PM, tajshar2k wrote:
At 3/19/2016 2:47:39 PM, lannan13 wrote:
At 3/19/2016 1:02:53 PM, tajshar2k wrote:
HE SENT XBox's AS PRIZES!?!?

Yes he did.

Wow... I wish I joined before.

WOW, same here. I would spent days constructing a vote if it meant that I got an xbox as a prize for doing a good one.
"Life calls the tune, we dance."
John Galsworthy
tajshar2k
Posts: 2,383
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
3/19/2016 3:40:36 PM
Posted: 8 months ago
At 3/19/2016 3:36:27 PM, famousdebater wrote:
At 3/19/2016 3:34:42 PM, tajshar2k wrote:
At 3/19/2016 2:47:39 PM, lannan13 wrote:
At 3/19/2016 1:02:53 PM, tajshar2k wrote:
HE SENT XBox's AS PRIZES!?!?

Yes he did.

Wow... I wish I joined before.

WOW, same here. I would spent days constructing a vote if it meant that I got an xbox as a prize for doing a good one.

+1
"In Guns We Trust" Tajshar2k
tajshar2k
Posts: 2,383
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
3/19/2016 3:40:49 PM
Posted: 8 months ago
At 3/19/2016 3:36:27 PM, famousdebater wrote:
At 3/19/2016 3:34:42 PM, tajshar2k wrote:
At 3/19/2016 2:47:39 PM, lannan13 wrote:
At 3/19/2016 1:02:53 PM, tajshar2k wrote:
HE SENT XBox's AS PRIZES!?!?

Yes he did.

Wow... I wish I joined before.

WOW, same here. I would spent days constructing a vote if it meant that I got an xbox as a prize for doing a good one.

Ps4 is better tho.
"In Guns We Trust" Tajshar2k
famousdebater
Posts: 3,941
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
3/19/2016 3:41:18 PM
Posted: 8 months ago
At 3/19/2016 3:40:49 PM, tajshar2k wrote:
At 3/19/2016 3:36:27 PM, famousdebater wrote:
At 3/19/2016 3:34:42 PM, tajshar2k wrote:
At 3/19/2016 2:47:39 PM, lannan13 wrote:
At 3/19/2016 1:02:53 PM, tajshar2k wrote:
HE SENT XBox's AS PRIZES!?!?

Yes he did.

Wow... I wish I joined before.

WOW, same here. I would spent days constructing a vote if it meant that I got an xbox as a prize for doing a good one.

Ps4 is better tho.

Nope. That's a myth.
"Life calls the tune, we dance."
John Galsworthy
FortisAnimi
Posts: 195
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
3/19/2016 3:43:54 PM
Posted: 8 months ago
At 3/19/2016 3:40:49 PM, tajshar2k wrote:
At 3/19/2016 3:36:27 PM, famousdebater wrote:
At 3/19/2016 3:34:42 PM, tajshar2k wrote:
At 3/19/2016 2:47:39 PM, lannan13 wrote:
At 3/19/2016 1:02:53 PM, tajshar2k wrote:
HE SENT XBox's AS PRIZES!?!?

Yes he did.

Wow... I wish I joined before.

WOW, same here. I would spent days constructing a vote if it meant that I got an xbox as a prize for doing a good one.

Ps4 is better tho.

Why aren't you on Reddit? >:(
FortisAnimi
Posts: 195
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
3/19/2016 3:44:24 PM
Posted: 8 months ago
At 3/19/2016 3:41:18 PM, famousdebater wrote:
At 3/19/2016 3:40:49 PM, tajshar2k wrote:
At 3/19/2016 3:36:27 PM, famousdebater wrote:
At 3/19/2016 3:34:42 PM, tajshar2k wrote:
At 3/19/2016 2:47:39 PM, lannan13 wrote:
At 3/19/2016 1:02:53 PM, tajshar2k wrote:
HE SENT XBox's AS PRIZES!?!?

Yes he did.

Wow... I wish I joined before.

WOW, same here. I would spent days constructing a vote if it meant that I got an xbox as a prize for doing a good one.

Ps4 is better tho.

Yep. That's true.

Fixed.
tajshar2k
Posts: 2,383
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
3/19/2016 3:45:02 PM
Posted: 8 months ago
At 3/19/2016 3:43:54 PM, FortisAnimi wrote:
At 3/19/2016 3:40:49 PM, tajshar2k wrote:
At 3/19/2016 3:36:27 PM, famousdebater wrote:
At 3/19/2016 3:34:42 PM, tajshar2k wrote:
At 3/19/2016 2:47:39 PM, lannan13 wrote:
At 3/19/2016 1:02:53 PM, tajshar2k wrote:
HE SENT XBox's AS PRIZES!?!?

Yes he did.

Wow... I wish I joined before.

WOW, same here. I would spent days constructing a vote if it meant that I got an xbox as a prize for doing a good one.

Ps4 is better tho.

Why aren't you on Reddit? >:(

I'm I just don't comment as much.
"In Guns We Trust" Tajshar2k
famousdebater
Posts: 3,941
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
3/19/2016 3:45:38 PM
Posted: 8 months ago
At 3/19/2016 3:44:24 PM, FortisAnimi wrote:
At 3/19/2016 3:41:18 PM, famousdebater wrote:
At 3/19/2016 3:40:49 PM, tajshar2k wrote:
At 3/19/2016 3:36:27 PM, famousdebater wrote:
At 3/19/2016 3:34:42 PM, tajshar2k wrote:
At 3/19/2016 2:47:39 PM, lannan13 wrote:
At 3/19/2016 1:02:53 PM, tajshar2k wrote:
HE SENT XBox's AS PRIZES!?!?

Yes he did.

Wow... I wish I joined before.

WOW, same here. I would spent days constructing a vote if it meant that I got an xbox as a prize for doing a good one.

Ps4 is better tho.

No that's a myth.

I know. PS4 sucks.

Fixed.
"Life calls the tune, we dance."
John Galsworthy
tajshar2k
Posts: 2,383
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
3/19/2016 3:53:03 PM
Posted: 8 months ago
At 3/19/2016 3:41:18 PM, famousdebater wrote:
At 3/19/2016 3:40:49 PM, tajshar2k wrote:
At 3/19/2016 3:36:27 PM, famousdebater wrote:
At 3/19/2016 3:34:42 PM, tajshar2k wrote:
At 3/19/2016 2:47:39 PM, lannan13 wrote:
At 3/19/2016 1:02:53 PM, tajshar2k wrote:
HE SENT XBox's AS PRIZES!?!?

Yes he did.

Wow... I wish I joined before.

WOW, same here. I would spent days constructing a vote if it meant that I got an xbox as a prize for doing a good one.

Ps4 is better tho.

Nope. That's a myth.

PS4 is much better. Xbox plays most games at 900 p, while you get full 1080p on PS4, plus the interface is better, better exclusives, and the actual system is much smaller. The Xbox One is as fat as Susan Boyle.

I'll give the Xbox points for the controller backwards compatibility, and for the fact it's made by an American company, otherwise it sucks.
"In Guns We Trust" Tajshar2k
UtherPenguin
Posts: 3,682
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
3/19/2016 3:58:24 PM
Posted: 8 months ago
At 3/19/2016 3:53:03 PM, tajshar2k wrote:
At 3/19/2016 3:41:18 PM, famousdebater wrote:
At 3/19/2016 3:40:49 PM, tajshar2k wrote:
At 3/19/2016 3:36:27 PM, famousdebater wrote:
At 3/19/2016 3:34:42 PM, tajshar2k wrote:
At 3/19/2016 2:47:39 PM, lannan13 wrote:
At 3/19/2016 1:02:53 PM, tajshar2k wrote:
HE SENT XBox's AS PRIZES!?!?

Yes he did.

Wow... I wish I joined before.

WOW, same here. I would spent days constructing a vote if it meant that I got an xbox as a prize for doing a good one.

Ps4 is better tho.

Nope. That's a myth.

PS4 is much better. Xbox plays most games at 900 p, while you get full 1080p on PS4, plus the interface is better, better exclusives, and the actual system is much smaller. The Xbox One is as fat as Susan Boyle.

I'll give the Xbox points for the controller backwards compatibility, and for the fact it's made by an American company, otherwise it sucks.

PS4 better than Xbox? http://i.imgur.com...
"Praise Allah."
~YYW
famousdebater
Posts: 3,941
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
3/19/2016 4:03:42 PM
Posted: 8 months ago
At 3/19/2016 3:53:03 PM, tajshar2k wrote:
At 3/19/2016 3:41:18 PM, famousdebater wrote:
At 3/19/2016 3:40:49 PM, tajshar2k wrote:
At 3/19/2016 3:36:27 PM, famousdebater wrote:
At 3/19/2016 3:34:42 PM, tajshar2k wrote:
At 3/19/2016 2:47:39 PM, lannan13 wrote:
At 3/19/2016 1:02:53 PM, tajshar2k wrote:
HE SENT XBox's AS PRIZES!?!?

Yes he did.

Wow... I wish I joined before.

WOW, same here. I would spent days constructing a vote if it meant that I got an xbox as a prize for doing a good one.

Ps4 is better tho.

Nope. That's a myth.

PS4 is much better. Xbox plays most games at 900 p, while you get full 1080p on PS4, plus the interface is better, better exclusives, and the actual system is much smaller. The Xbox One is as fat as Susan Boyle.

I'll give the Xbox points for the controller backwards compatibility, and for the fact it's made by an American company, otherwise it sucks.

I'll debate you on it.
"Life calls the tune, we dance."
John Galsworthy
Hayd
Posts: 4,022
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
3/19/2016 5:25:06 PM
Posted: 8 months ago
I rambled, I was tempted to go through again and add semicolons to every other sentence so I sound sexy, but my breakfast calls

At 3/19/2016 7:04:07 AM, YYW wrote:
What do you want DDO to be? Please be specific. What are you looking for here?

My first visit to this site was in Honors Social Studies. We were doing a debate project, where we would make a two person group (me and my best friend, still is) and be assigned a debate topic (ours was the minimum wage), and we had a sheet we had to fill out with arguments for both sides, and then on the day of the debate we would flip a coin to choose sides. Well, after me and my friend discussed what we would do if Kate Upton wanted to have the sex with both of us, and we had the entire step-by-step plan written down in his class notebook that covered every scenario, I started researching.

I googled, "Pros and Cons of minimum wage", and read a debate on it. I used the arguments used in the debate, quoted them and stuff for my debate as evidence (since we had to fill out the evidence box). Now that I google it again, it was this debate by imabench lol, I specifically remember the guy saying "christ..." when the other guy forfeited, so thats the one lol
http://www.debate.org...

Since that seemed pretty cool, I started surfing the site and found some funny opinion faceoffs. The one on the front page was on the existence of god, and the opinion arguments were by like BoG and stuff, saying that they talk to god all the time, which was hilarious. I then went to the debates tab in the top left and scrolled through the debates. There were like 4 debates on the existence of god. I was an in-the-closet-atheist at the time, and thus seeing people so easily discussing this was inspiring for me. Soon the entire aisle on my side of the computer lab was on DDO, looking at the debates and steallig the arguments for their project. They turned their noses up at the god debates, as the majority of them were mormon, and called them disgraces.

When I walked out of the classroom, I decided I would join the site and debate gods existence. I slowly learned arguments, and met other people that were pretty cool, and started debating other things too, and before long I was hooked.

So, to answer the question, I came to the site to learn about the "existence of god" debate, and try it out for myself. After a while, the interesting people on the site, and the intellectual discussions that I so craved to have, and that couldn't be fulfilled at school or with my parents, kept me on this site. I believe thats still true on this site. I still have awesome debates, I'm just starting one on the justification of Hiroshima and Nagasaki, which will be awesome. Intellectual discussions are not as vigorous in the forums as they should be, but there still is the occasional thread. Last time I remember was a couple days ago on the Islam. The "rigorous discussion has definately decreased, but it is still there.

You, and a few others, always create and participate in rigorous discussion. This keeps DDO vibrant and alive, and the more you particpate and create rigorous discussion, the more others are inspired to do so. Thus, it is paramount that you, and all others continue to do what you do, for the health of DDO. This is because you do it "almost" perfectly. You keep the discussion interesting, you keep it rigorous. Yet sometimes, it is slightly too much. It leads too much into ad hom, yet only slightly too much. Its definitely a good example for others to follow, and without it, rigorous discussion could never thrive again on DDO. For there are too few, and of those left, their example won't represent the beloved concept that you and I treasure so much.

Have you found what you're looking for?

Yes, in every way, as mostly explained above.

What could a DDO president to to give you what you're looking for?

I'm looking for rigorous and intellectual discussion. This is benefited significantly by the influx of "good" new users. Yet these are rare, the last one I can remember is famous. The problem is, in terms of new users, too many create an account and then leave a couple days later. Thus new user outreach programs are paramount in increasing the influx of good new members, therefore creating more rigorous discussion.

The problem is, the site is not very welcoming to new users. Its too easy to make a dumb thread because you don't understand site culture, get trolled, get embarrassed and leave. Or get your votes removed because you have 0 background on how people vote on DDO. Thus, new user outreach directing them to Voting Guides, and telling them about site culture (or just having a friend so they feel welcomed on the site) is paramount. Its too easy to lose a debate because you don't know how to argue, and thus get embarrased and leave. Thats why the new user mentorship program is paramount. And its too easy to be confused on where all the buttons are, and how to use the layout of the site. I didn't realize that you could reply to someones post until I was on the site for 2 months. Thus having someone to help you with that is paramount.

The presidential administration does this by creating programs such as new user outreach and new user mentorship. Could this be done without a president? We don't know, and that is the majority of the problem, we have never not had a president and still had programs (or at least I don't think, I wasn't here in the prehistoric years of yore). Upon speculation, I would think not, or at least not be as successful because when you are backed by an "official administration" that actually has power, your program is not merely a past time you do (what it would be without a president), it is a part of the site.

Thus by logic goes: programs are really awesome and paramount to having a healthy site (I used example of new user outreach but there are others), having a president makes these programs successful.

What we also have to ask is what negatives does having a president bring? Even if, it is true they have no use; do they have an negatives. If they don't, then even the smallest of benefits, such as making someone happy they won the presidential election, outweighs the zero negatives. Thus the lack of utility is not reasoning for abolishing presidency.

What do you think of the current presidential candidates?

I think we've already discussed this privately, and I don't see any benefit in publicizing my views

What would you like in a presidential candidate?

I would like him/her to be:

a) good contributor to the site.
b) welcoming to all members, doesn't think they are too cool to respond to a PM or something sent by a noob
c) good with working with people
d) someone the majority of the community likes and respects
e) loves the community, and thus wants to make it better in any way possible
YYW
Posts: 36,286
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
3/19/2016 5:29:05 PM
Posted: 8 months ago
At 3/19/2016 5:25:06 PM, Hayd wrote:
I rambled, I was tempted to go through again and add semicolons to every other sentence so I sound sexy, but my breakfast calls

At 3/19/2016 7:04:07 AM, YYW wrote:
What do you want DDO to be? Please be specific. What are you looking for here?

My first visit to this site was in Honors Social Studies. We were doing a debate project, where we would make a two person group (me and my best friend, still is) and be assigned a debate topic (ours was the minimum wage), and we had a sheet we had to fill out with arguments for both sides, and then on the day of the debate we would flip a coin to choose sides. Well, after me and my friend discussed what we would do if Kate Upton wanted to have the sex with both of us, and we had the entire step-by-step plan written down in his class notebook that covered every scenario, I started researching.

I googled, "Pros and Cons of minimum wage", and read a debate on it. I used the arguments used in the debate, quoted them and stuff for my debate as evidence (since we had to fill out the evidence box). Now that I google it again, it was this debate by imabench lol, I specifically remember the guy saying "christ..." when the other guy forfeited, so thats the one lol
http://www.debate.org...

Since that seemed pretty cool, I started surfing the site and found some funny opinion faceoffs. The one on the front page was on the existence of god, and the opinion arguments were by like BoG and stuff, saying that they talk to god all the time, which was hilarious. I then went to the debates tab in the top left and scrolled through the debates. There were like 4 debates on the existence of god. I was an in-the-closet-atheist at the time, and thus seeing people so easily discussing this was inspiring for me. Soon the entire aisle on my side of the computer lab was on DDO, looking at the debates and steallig the arguments for their project. They turned their noses up at the god debates, as the majority of them were mormon, and called them disgraces.

When I walked out of the classroom, I decided I would join the site and debate gods existence. I slowly learned arguments, and met other people that were pretty cool, and started debating other things too, and before long I was hooked.

So, to answer the question, I came to the site to learn about the "existence of god" debate, and try it out for myself. After a while, the interesting people on the site, and the intellectual discussions that I so craved to have, and that couldn't be fulfilled at school or with my parents, kept me on this site. I believe thats still true on this site. I still have awesome debates, I'm just starting one on the justification of Hiroshima and Nagasaki, which will be awesome. Intellectual discussions are not as vigorous in the forums as they should be, but there still is the occasional thread. Last time I remember was a couple days ago on the Islam. The "rigorous discussion has definately decreased, but it is still there.

You, and a few others, always create and participate in rigorous discussion. This keeps DDO vibrant and alive, and the more you particpate and create rigorous discussion, the more others are inspired to do so. Thus, it is paramount that you, and all others continue to do what you do, for the health of DDO. This is because you do it "almost" perfectly. You keep the discussion interesting, you keep it rigorous. Yet sometimes, it is slightly too much. It leads too much into ad hom, yet only slightly too much. Its definitely a good example for others to follow, and without it, rigorous discussion could never thrive again on DDO. For there are too few, and of those left, their example won't represent the beloved concept that you and I treasure so much.

Have you found what you're looking for?

Yes, in every way, as mostly explained above.

What could a DDO president to to give you what you're looking for?

I'm looking for rigorous and intellectual discussion. This is benefited significantly by the influx of "good" new users. Yet these are rare, the last one I can remember is famous. The problem is, in terms of new users, too many create an account and then leave a couple days later. Thus new user outreach programs are paramount in increasing the influx of good new members, therefore creating more rigorous discussion.

The problem is, the site is not very welcoming to new users. Its too easy to make a dumb thread because you don't understand site culture, get trolled, get embarrassed and leave. Or get your votes removed because you have 0 background on how people vote on DDO. Thus, new user outreach directing them to Voting Guides, and telling them about site culture (or just having a friend so they feel welcomed on the site) is paramount. Its too easy to lose a debate because you don't know how to argue, and thus get embarrased and leave. Thats why the new user mentorship program is paramount. And its too easy to be confused on where all the buttons are, and how to use the layout of the site. I didn't realize that you could reply to someones post until I was on the site for 2 months. Thus having someone to help you with that is paramount.

The presidential administration does this by creating programs such as new user outreach and new user mentorship. Could this be done without a president? We don't know, and that is the majority of the problem, we have never not had a president and still had programs (or at least I don't think, I wasn't here in the prehistoric years of yore). Upon speculation, I would think not, or at least not be as successful because when you are backed by an "official administration" that actually has power, your program is not merely a past time you do (what it would be without a president), it is a part of the site.

Thus by logic goes: programs are really awesome and paramount to having a healthy site (I used example of new user outreach but there are others), having a president makes these programs successful.

What we also have to ask is what negatives does having a president bring? Even if, it is true they have no use; do they have an negatives. If they don't, then even the smallest of benefits, such as making someone happy they won the presidential election, outweighs the zero negatives. Thus the lack of utility is not reasoning for abolishing presidency.

What do you think of the current presidential candidates?

I think we've already discussed this privately, and I don't see any benefit in publicizing my views

What would you like in a presidential candidate?

I would like him/her to be:

a) good contributor to the site.
b) welcoming to all members, doesn't think they are too cool to respond to a PM or something sent by a noob
c) good with working with people
d) someone the majority of the community likes and respects
e) loves the community, and thus wants to make it better in any way possible

I wish other people felt like you do; but I don't think they do. We agree, but we are the minority. Even the people who I anticipate will later voice support for your ideas here... they don't really support what you're saying.

They want no one to be on this site who disagrees with them, which is why they get so self righteous and indignant when anyone who says anything they disagrees with speaks.

Some people are making a big show about how nice they can be; but like all lies that won't last long. People always reveal who they really are over time, and the illusions fade.

It's why I'm deactivating my account.
Tsar of DDO
Hayd
Posts: 4,022
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
3/19/2016 5:30:45 PM
Posted: 8 months ago
At 3/19/2016 5:29:05 PM, YYW wrote:
At 3/19/2016 5:25:06 PM, Hayd wrote:
I rambled, I was tempted to go through again and add semicolons to every other sentence so I sound sexy, but my breakfast calls

At 3/19/2016 7:04:07 AM, YYW wrote:
What do you want DDO to be? Please be specific. What are you looking for here?

My first visit to this site was in Honors Social Studies. We were doing a debate project, where we would make a two person group (me and my best friend, still is) and be assigned a debate topic (ours was the minimum wage), and we had a sheet we had to fill out with arguments for both sides, and then on the day of the debate we would flip a coin to choose sides. Well, after me and my friend discussed what we would do if Kate Upton wanted to have the sex with both of us, and we had the entire step-by-step plan written down in his class notebook that covered every scenario, I started researching.

I googled, "Pros and Cons of minimum wage", and read a debate on it. I used the arguments used in the debate, quoted them and stuff for my debate as evidence (since we had to fill out the evidence box). Now that I google it again, it was this debate by imabench lol, I specifically remember the guy saying "christ..." when the other guy forfeited, so thats the one lol
http://www.debate.org...

Since that seemed pretty cool, I started surfing the site and found some funny opinion faceoffs. The one on the front page was on the existence of god, and the opinion arguments were by like BoG and stuff, saying that they talk to god all the time, which was hilarious. I then went to the debates tab in the top left and scrolled through the debates. There were like 4 debates on the existence of god. I was an in-the-closet-atheist at the time, and thus seeing people so easily discussing this was inspiring for me. Soon the entire aisle on my side of the computer lab was on DDO, looking at the debates and steallig the arguments for their project. They turned their noses up at the god debates, as the majority of them were mormon, and called them disgraces.

When I walked out of the classroom, I decided I would join the site and debate gods existence. I slowly learned arguments, and met other people that were pretty cool, and started debating other things too, and before long I was hooked.

So, to answer the question, I came to the site to learn about the "existence of god" debate, and try it out for myself. After a while, the interesting people on the site, and the intellectual discussions that I so craved to have, and that couldn't be fulfilled at school or with my parents, kept me on this site. I believe thats still true on this site. I still have awesome debates, I'm just starting one on the justification of Hiroshima and Nagasaki, which will be awesome. Intellectual discussions are not as vigorous in the forums as they should be, but there still is the occasional thread. Last time I remember was a couple days ago on the Islam. The "rigorous discussion has definately decreased, but it is still there.

You, and a few others, always create and participate in rigorous discussion. This keeps DDO vibrant and alive, and the more you particpate and create rigorous discussion, the more others are inspired to do so. Thus, it is paramount that you, and all others continue to do what you do, for the health of DDO. This is because you do it "almost" perfectly. You keep the discussion interesting, you keep it rigorous. Yet sometimes, it is slightly too much. It leads too much into ad hom, yet only slightly too much. Its definitely a good example for others to follow, and without it, rigorous discussion could never thrive again on DDO. For there are too few, and of those left, their example won't represent the beloved concept that you and I treasure so much.

Have you found what you're looking for?

Yes, in every way, as mostly explained above.

What could a DDO president to to give you what you're looking for?

I'm looking for rigorous and intellectual discussion. This is benefited significantly by the influx of "good" new users. Yet these are rare, the last one I can remember is famous. The problem is, in terms of new users, too many create an account and then leave a couple days later. Thus new user outreach programs are paramount in increasing the influx of good new members, therefore creating more rigorous discussion.

The problem is, the site is not very welcoming to new users. Its too easy to make a dumb thread because you don't understand site culture, get trolled, get embarrassed and leave. Or get your votes removed because you have 0 background on how people vote on DDO. Thus, new user outreach directing them to Voting Guides, and telling them about site culture (or just having a friend so they feel welcomed on the site) is paramount. Its too easy to lose a debate because you don't know how to argue, and thus get embarrased and leave. Thats why the new user mentorship program is paramount. And its too easy to be confused on where all the buttons are, and how to use the layout of the site. I didn't realize that you could reply to someones post until I was on the site for 2 months. Thus having someone to help you with that is paramount.

The presidential administration does this by creating programs such as new user outreach and new user mentorship. Could this be done without a president? We don't know, and that is the majority of the problem, we have never not had a president and still had programs (or at least I don't think, I wasn't here in the prehistoric years of yore). Upon speculation, I would think not, or at least not be as successful because when you are backed by an "official administration" that actually has power, your program is not merely a past time you do (what it would be without a president), it is a part of the site.

Thus by logic goes: programs are really awesome and paramount to having a healthy site (I used example of new user outreach but there are others), having a president makes these programs successful.

What we also have to ask is what negatives does having a president bring? Even if, it is true they have no use; do they have an negatives. If they don't, then even the smallest of benefits, such as making someone happy they won the presidential election, outweighs the zero negatives. Thus the lack of utility is not reasoning for abolishing presidency.

What do you think of the current presidential candidates?

I think we've already discussed this privately, and I don't see any benefit in publicizing my views

What would you like in a presidential candidate?

I would like him/her to be:

a) good contributor to the site.
b) welcoming to all members, doesn't think they are too cool to respond to a PM or something sent by a noob
c) good with working with people
d) someone the majority of the community likes and respects
e) loves the community, and thus wants to make it better in any way possible

I wish other people felt like you do; but I don't think they do. We agree, but we are the minority. Even the people who I anticipate will later voice support for your ideas here... they don't really support what you're saying.

They want no one to be on this site who disagrees with them, which is why they get so self righteous and indignant when anyone who says anything they disagrees with speaks.

Some people are making a big show about how nice they can be; but like all lies that won't last long. People always reveal who they really are over time, and the illusions fade.

It's why I'm deactivating my account.

Yeah, but leaving is letting them win
YYW
Posts: 36,286
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
3/19/2016 5:34:41 PM
Posted: 8 months ago
At 3/19/2016 5:30:45 PM, Hayd wrote:
Yeah, but leaving is leaving is letting them win.

They already have won....
Tsar of DDO
mc9
Posts: 1,035
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
3/19/2016 5:35:43 PM
Posted: 8 months ago
At 3/19/2016 5:29:05 PM, YYW wrote:
At 3/19/2016 5:25:06 PM, Hayd wrote:
I rambled, I was tempted to go through again and add semicolons to every other sentence so I sound sexy, but my breakfast calls

At 3/19/2016 7:04:07 AM, YYW wrote:
What do you want DDO to be? Please be specific. What are you looking for here?

My first visit to this site was in Honors Social Studies. We were doing a debate project, where we would make a two person group (me and my best friend, still is) and be assigned a debate topic (ours was the minimum wage), and we had a sheet we had to fill out with arguments for both sides, and then on the day of the debate we would flip a coin to choose sides. Well, after me and my friend discussed what we would do if Kate Upton wanted to have the sex with both of us, and we had the entire step-by-step plan written down in his class notebook that covered every scenario, I started researching.

I googled, "Pros and Cons of minimum wage", and read a debate on it. I used the arguments used in the debate, quoted them and stuff for my debate as evidence (since we had to fill out the evidence box). Now that I google it again, it was this debate by imabench lol, I specifically remember the guy saying "christ..." when the other guy forfeited, so thats the one lol
http://www.debate.org...

Since that seemed pretty cool, I started surfing the site and found some funny opinion faceoffs. The one on the front page was on the existence of god, and the opinion arguments were by like BoG and stuff, saying that they talk to god all the time, which was hilarious. I then went to the debates tab in the top left and scrolled through the debates. There were like 4 debates on the existence of god. I was an in-the-closet-atheist at the time, and thus seeing people so easily discussing this was inspiring for me. Soon the entire aisle on my side of the computer lab was on DDO, looking at the debates and steallig the arguments for their project. They turned their noses up at the god debates, as the majority of them were mormon, and called them disgraces.

When I walked out of the classroom, I decided I would join the site and debate gods existence. I slowly learned arguments, and met other people that were pretty cool, and started debating other things too, and before long I was hooked.

So, to answer the question, I came to the site to learn about the "existence of god" debate, and try it out for myself. After a while, the interesting people on the site, and the intellectual discussions that I so craved to have, and that couldn't be fulfilled at school or with my parents, kept me on this site. I believe thats still true on this site. I still have awesome debates, I'm just starting one on the justification of Hiroshima and Nagasaki, which will be awesome. Intellectual discussions are not as vigorous in the forums as they should be, but there still is the occasional thread. Last time I remember was a couple days ago on the Islam. The "rigorous discussion has definately decreased, but it is still there.

You, and a few others, always create and participate in rigorous discussion. This keeps DDO vibrant and alive, and the more you particpate and create rigorous discussion, the more others are inspired to do so. Thus, it is paramount that you, and all others continue to do what you do, for the health of DDO. This is because you do it "almost" perfectly. You keep the discussion interesting, you keep it rigorous. Yet sometimes, it is slightly too much. It leads too much into ad hom, yet only slightly too much. Its definitely a good example for others to follow, and without it, rigorous discussion could never thrive again on DDO. For there are too few, and of those left, their example won't represent the beloved concept that you and I treasure so much.

Have you found what you're looking for?

Yes, in every way, as mostly explained above.

What could a DDO president to to give you what you're looking for?

I'm looking for rigorous and intellectual discussion. This is benefited significantly by the influx of "good" new users. Yet these are rare, the last one I can remember is famous. The problem is, in terms of new users, too many create an account and then leave a couple days later. Thus new user outreach programs are paramount in increasing the influx of good new members, therefore creating more rigorous discussion.

The problem is, the site is not very welcoming to new users. Its too easy to make a dumb thread because you don't understand site culture, get trolled, get embarrassed and leave. Or get your votes removed because you have 0 background on how people vote on DDO. Thus, new user outreach directing them to Voting Guides, and telling them about site culture (or just having a friend so they feel welcomed on the site) is paramount. Its too easy to lose a debate because you don't know how to argue, and thus get embarrased and leave. Thats why the new user mentorship program is paramount. And its too easy to be confused on where all the buttons are, and how to use the layout of the site. I didn't realize that you could reply to someones post until I was on the site for 2 months. Thus having someone to help you with that is paramount.

The presidential administration does this by creating programs such as new user outreach and new user mentorship. Could this be done without a president? We don't know, and that is the majority of the problem, we have never not had a president and still had programs (or at least I don't think, I wasn't here in the prehistoric years of yore). Upon speculation, I would think not, or at least not be as successful because when you are backed by an "official administration" that actually has power, your program is not merely a past time you do (what it would be without a president), it is a part of the site.

Thus by logic goes: programs are really awesome and paramount to having a healthy site (I used example of new user outreach but there are others), having a president makes these programs successful.

What we also have to ask is what negatives does having a president bring? Even if, it is true they have no use; do they have an negatives. If they don't, then even the smallest of benefits, such as making someone happy they won the presidential election, outweighs the zero negatives. Thus the lack of utility is not reasoning for abolishing presidency.

What do you think of the current presidential candidates?

I think we've already discussed this privately, and I don't see any benefit in publicizing my views

What would you like in a presidential candidate?

I would like him/her to be:

a) good contributor to the site.
b) welcoming to all members, doesn't think they are too cool to respond to a PM or something sent by a noob
c) good with working with people
d) someone the majority of the community likes and respects
e) loves the community, and thus wants to make it better in any way possible

I wish other people felt like you do; but I don't think they do. We agree, but we are the minority. Even the people who I anticipate will later voice support for your ideas here... they don't really support what you're saying.

They want no one to be on this site who disagrees with them, which is why they get so self righteous and indignant when anyone who says anything they disagrees with speaks.

Some people are making a big show about how nice they can be; but like all lies that won't last long. People always reveal who they really are over time, and the illusions fade.

It's why I'm deactivating my account.

Make your own debate website https://www.khanacademy.org...
Romaniii
Posts: 421
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
3/19/2016 5:44:19 PM
Posted: 8 months ago
At 3/19/2016 7:04:07 AM, YYW wrote:
What do you want DDO to be? Please be specific. What are you looking for here?

A place to interact with a vibrant community of highly intelligent & dynamic people. People vastly more intelligent than most of the people I encounter in my everyday life. People with awesome personalities, unique life experiences, and a desire to learn.


Have you found what you're looking for?

I did find it until sometime last year. Not so much anymore, because the vast majority of our best members are no longer around. The site is nowhere near as intellectually or socially fulfilling as it once was. I suspect that when the 2016 US presidential cycle finishes up, my activity on the site will decline, since that's what's sparking most of the worthwhile discussion these days.


What could a DDO president to to give you what you're looking for?

Nothing. Not unless they could convince bygone members to return -- the ones who made this site what it used to be. People like Bluesteel, Danielle, Bladerunner, CodyFranklin, RoyLatham, Phantom, BlackVoid, Logical-Master, J.Kenyon, InquireTruth, RationalThinker, and so many more. The current userbase simply doesn't compare. Not if the standard we're using is sheer intellectual prowess. There have been no new users of that caliber to join the site (and then stick around) in at least a year. These days, all that's left is a small group of maybe 10-15 users who regularly post good stuff and do good debates.


What do you think of the current presidential candidates?

Imabench is the only choice.


What would you like in a presidential candidate?

Laissez faire.
YYW
Posts: 36,286
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
3/19/2016 5:55:01 PM
Posted: 8 months ago
At 3/19/2016 5:44:19 PM, Romaniii wrote:
At 3/19/2016 7:04:07 AM, YYW wrote:
What do you want DDO to be? Please be specific. What are you looking for here?

A place to interact with a vibrant community of highly intelligent & dynamic people. People vastly more intelligent than most of the people I encounter in my everyday life. People with awesome personalities, unique life experiences, and a desire to learn.

I wish that was what DDO could be again. I don't think it ever will be, though. I've been sticking around in the hopes that it might change for the better, but all I see is increasingly more sensitive members become increasingly more indignant at increasingly more trivial things.

I mean, we can't even discuss the presidency without people who believe that bsh1 should be reelected in some form trying to make people who disagree with them shut up and go away. That then prompts other members to make the "conflict" stop and they post threads afterward trying to get people to take a step back. But of course it doesn't work.

This place is smothering.

Have you found what you're looking for?

I did find it until sometime last year. Not so much anymore, because the vast majority of our best members are no longer around. The site is nowhere near as intellectually or socially fulfilling as it once was. I suspect that when the 2016 US presidential cycle finishes up, my activity on the site will decline, since that's what's sparking most of the worthwhile discussion these days.

I agree; and I think that last year was really the critical turning point. I gave up when whiteflame was appointed a mod. I did everything I could (in vain) to prevent that because I knew this would be a problem, but meh...

In many respects, Max's thoughts are correct in that I am a source of "controversy" and "conflict." But the pattern of that happening is identical to what I described above. I say something that someone else disagrees with; they make a big show about it, and then others jump in and get on their moral high horses for the purpose of crusading against me.

Then, outsiders looking in are like "wtf?" and think "oh this isn't good..." and I'll get blamed for it.

But I'm done. I just don't care anymore. It's not worth the fight to stay; and it's not worth my time. I'm tired of the "moral crusaders" (or social justice warriors, or whatever). It's sad that kids these days are learning on their college campuses and from twitter and tumblr that "advocacy" for a position means shouting your opponent down and calling them some combination of a racist, bigot, bully, or homophobe. But this is where we are on DDO. You can't even criticize the sitting president without being accused (by whiteflame) of malice.

And if that's what the people want, then who am I to say otherwise. I'm not the majority anymore. I used to be, but all the people you listed... they're the people who shared my values, and they're gone. I should have left a long time ago.

What could a DDO president to to give you what you're looking for?

Nothing. Not unless they could convince bygone members to return -- the ones who made this site what it used to be. People like Bluesteel, Danielle, Bladerunner, CodyFranklin, RoyLatham, Phantom, BlackVoid, Logical-Master, J.Kenyon, InquireTruth, RationalThinker, and so many more. The current userbase simply doesn't compare. Not if the standard we're using is sheer intellectual prowess. There have been no new users of that caliber to join the site (and then stick around) in at least a year. These days, all that's left is a small group of maybe 10-15 users who regularly post good stuff and do good debates.

I really do not see a world where members like that ever join the site again.

What do you think of the current presidential candidates?

Imabench is the only choice.


What would you like in a presidential candidate?

Laissez faire.
Tsar of DDO
F-16_Fighting_Falcon
Posts: 18,324
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
3/19/2016 6:25:28 PM
Posted: 8 months ago
Moderation on DDO is fairly lax compared to other sites. I like that you can call a moderator, a "glorified babysitter" and face no consequences for it. Because the mods here are adults and can take it. On some sites, the mods are basically 30 year old children who get mad when insulted and ban people for "disrespecting the mod."

I do think the "stop it, stop the drama" threads (like the one that 1harder created) are a bit unnecessary because people can simply choose not to read them and then create topics of their own that they are interested in discussing. I don't see what Whiteflame has to do with it though - he wasn't involved in the discussion.

Plenty of people (including me) have critisized the way bsh1 ran the presidency - and that is to be expected. I don't see anyone getting banned for it. I do think elected representatives open themselves up to criticism in a way that the average person doesn't - and that's perfectly fair.

As for the political correctness aspect, you can't always "respectfully" acknowledge that the other side has a point because sometimes they don't. I respectfully disagree with conservatives on the death penalty, gun control, taxes, and Healthcare just to name a few. But I acknowledge that they have their own viewpoints and respect their opinion. Some positions (like Trump's bigotry) are not respectable positions. That's like Lincoln saying "I respect that you southerners want slaves and we should politely agree to disagree on this matter and go our own separate ways. Some things are unacceptable. Calling for banning an entire religion and calling immigrants from a nation "rapists" and then complaining about being called a bigot is ridiculous. Trump is being called a bigot because he's a bigot. That argument basically sounds like "I will be bigoted but stop calling me a bigot, respect my position."

When you started this thread, I thought you'd be running against hsb1 which would have been fun to see but oh, well. Anyways, good luck in your future endeavors.