Jump to topic:

Just a suggestion

CodingSource
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
3/20/2016 3:50:51 PM
Posted: 8 months ago
We should have a presidential debate. Here is my suggestion...

- Name the debate "DDO Presidential Debate Round 1/2/3", it could be in the forums.
- Put in 5 candidates max, and they should be all big names: Wylted, imabench, and 3 more.
- There will be 3 rounds.
- The one who will be hosting this event shall be able to control the candidates.
- The questions being asked should be in the professional level.

Now, this will be the Round Order...

The first round will be like this: It will be a forum post named "DDO Presidential Debate Round 1." A member, supposedly a famous one, a notable one, a contributing one, or a noob one, would ask a candidate. The format of the question might be like this:

"This question is for imabench. My question is...."

There should be only one candidate being asked. And after he/she answers, other candidates can be given a chance to react. The host might set some rules to limit the number of reactions. The host might limit the number of questions being asked for each member.

..and any member who didn't follow the rules, the candidates alike, should be given a notice from the DDO staff.

It could be worth it if it will be limited to how many days it should last.

The second round will be the candidates asking each other. It should be named "DDO Presidential Debate Round 2." The host should be able to control the tension if the candidates are heating up to one another. So it will be good if the host has moderation powers. No member should do nothing but just read, so they could determine who has the best (1) attitude, (2) platform, and (3) consistency. If a candidate is cussing, then automatically that candidate has some bad color. If a candidate is trolling, then imagining him leading the site is pretty awful.

Candidates, in my opinion, can attack the actions of one another, even the controversial ones. That'll be good to determine who will be the best leader for DDO.

Again, day limit and notice to the members who violated the Round Rule.

The third round will be for candidates to write their resolutions, conclusion, and campaign speech. In here, any notable member could review the speech of the candidates and, if allowed by the host, the candidate can answer or rebut the review.

This is just a suggestion for us DDO members to see who is the best leader for this site. Right now, frankly, I am rooting for Wylted, but it is impossible for me to reach 1,000 posts so....
If computers have no doors or fences, who needs Windows and Gates?

I have a 10-0-0 debate record with an ELO ranking of 2,814. From 610th during my first two-week stay, I am now 326th in the Debates Leaderboard: http://www.debate.org...
CodingSource
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
3/21/2016 9:26:52 AM
bump

I have a 10-0-0 debate record with an ELO ranking of 2,814. From 610th during my first two-week stay, I am now 326th in the Debates Leaderboard: http://www.debate.org...
Deb-8-A-Bull
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
3/21/2016 10:04:45 AM
At 3/21/2016 9:26:52 AM, CodingSource wrote:
bump

That's ludicrous and preposterous
Equal to that of.
Rnd#1 A egg and spoon sack race.
Red cordial break.
Rnd#2 musical chairs.
Straight red cordial shots
Rnd#3 pin the tail on the president.
Then crown the new donkey.
CodingSource
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
3/21/2016 11:20:10 AM
At 3/21/2016 10:04:45 AM, Deb-8-A-Bull wrote:
At 3/21/2016 9:26:52 AM, CodingSource wrote:
bump

That's ludicrous and preposterous
Equal to that of.
Rnd#1 A egg and spoon sack race.
Red cordial break.
Rnd#2 musical chairs.
Straight red cordial shots
Rnd#3 pin the tail on the president.
Then crown the new donkey.

Hehe. Kinda interesting.