Jump to topic:

AMA queue?

F-16_Fighting_Falcon
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
3/20/2016 9:30:29 PM
Posted: 8 months ago
I've got this idea from mafiascum where everyone takes turns writing a "Get to know (member) threads.

What I'm proposing is that like the mafia mod list and tournament mod list, what if we have an AMA list where people put their names down and each friday, the next person on the list starts an AMA.

Right now, there are so many AMAs, I feel like we can't give all of them the attention it deserves.

I'm not proposing is as a rule or a restriction. I'm just wondering if everybody will find it more fun/enjoyable if each person's AMA turns out to be a big "event" that we wait for, and then during that week, the person doing the AMA has the attention of the site.

If this is something people would find fun, we could start a list in the personal forum.
SamStevens
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
3/20/2016 9:32:45 PM
At 3/20/2016 9:30:29 PM, F-16_Fighting_Falcon wrote:
I've got this idea from mafiascum where everyone takes turns writing a "Get to know (member) threads.

What I'm proposing is that like the mafia mod list and tournament mod list, what if we have an AMA list where people put their names down and each friday, the next person on the list starts an AMA.

Right now, there are so many AMAs, I feel like we can't give all of them the attention it deserves.

I'm not proposing is as a rule or a restriction. I'm just wondering if everybody will find it more fun/enjoyable if each person's AMA turns out to be a big "event" that we wait for, and then during that week, the person doing the AMA has the attention of the site.

If this is something people would find fun, we could start a list in the personal forum.

This sounds like a good idea.
"This is the true horror of religion. It allows perfectly decent and sane people to believe by the billions, what only lunatics could believe on their own." Sam Harris
Life asked Death "Why do people love me but hate you?"
Death responded: "Because you are a beautiful lie, and I am the painful truth."
Maikuru
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
3/20/2016 9:41:04 PM

Love this idea. If I see some people in the future signed up for an AMA, I might even look forward to it. It might also get new people coming out and help curb some people doing 8, 9, 10 AMA's in a row lol
"You assume I wouldn't want to burn this whole place to the ground."
- lamerde

https://i.imgflip.com...
1harderthanyouthink
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
3/20/2016 9:49:09 PM
I find this ironic because Romanii brought this up to Endark as a joke to ridicule his point of view.
"It's awfully considerate of you to think of me here,
And I'm much obliged to you for making it clear - that I'm not here."

-Syd Barrett

DDO Risk King
Maikuru
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
3/20/2016 10:02:39 PM
At 3/20/2016 9:49:09 PM, 1harderthanyouthink wrote:
I find this ironic because Romanii brought this up to Endark as a joke to ridicule his point of view.

For some reason, whenever I see Romanii and Endark, I imagine them as brothers. Quarreling brothers. Like Mongoose and Mongeese. Anybody remember them? No?
- lamerde

EndarkenedRationalist
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
3/20/2016 10:04:00 PM
At 3/20/2016 10:02:39 PM, Maikuru wrote:

For some reason, whenever I see Romanii and Endark, I imagine them as brothers. Quarreling brothers. Like Mongoose and Mongeese. Anybody remember them? No?

This is hilarious because Romanii and I agree on so much that we find it nearly impossible to debate one another. xD
Maikuru
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
3/20/2016 10:05:43 PM
At 3/20/2016 10:04:00 PM, EndarkenedRationalist wrote:

This is hilarious because Romanii and I agree on so much that we find it nearly impossible to debate one another. xD

I'm clearly way off then lol
- lamerde

EndarkenedRationalist
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
3/20/2016 10:08:16 PM
At 3/20/2016 10:05:43 PM, Maikuru wrote:
At 3/20/2016 10:04:00 PM, EndarkenedRationalist wrote:

I'm clearly way off then lol

It's okay. It was a cute image.
YYW
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
3/20/2016 10:18:12 PM
I don't see the reason for a cue.

People are capable of reading, and affording due attention to any individual AMA as they desire, regardless of the volume of AMA's in a particular forum.

If an AMA gets neglected, it's because people aren't as interested in it. This shouldn't be surprising. Some members are more popular and interesting than others.
Tsar of DDO
EndarkenedRationalist
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
3/20/2016 11:56:36 PM
At 3/20/2016 10:18:12 PM, YYW wrote:
I don't see the reason for a cue.

People are capable of reading, and affording due attention to any individual AMA as they desire, regardless of the volume of AMA's in a particular forum.

If an AMA gets neglected, it's because people aren't as interested in it. This shouldn't be surprising. Some members are more popular and interesting than others.

Pretty much agree with this, actually.
lannan13
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
3/21/2016 12:01:17 AM

I agree so much. The Personal forum is being over-run with them.
-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-Lannan13'S SIGNATURE-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-

If the sky's the limit then why do we have footprints on the Moon? I'm shooting my aspirations for the stars.

"If you are going through hell, keep going." "Sir Winston Churchill

"No one can make you feel inferior without your consent." "Eleanor Roosevelt

Topics I want to debate. (http://tinyurl.com...)
-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~
F-16_Fighting_Falcon
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
3/22/2016 5:59:50 AM
Still curious about this. Most people that posted seem to support this but I'm interested in more people weighing in. If the vast majority of us can agree, I could start a queue thread in the personal forum for people to sign up.
donald.keller
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
3/22/2016 6:04:00 AM
At 3/22/2016 5:59:50 AM, F-16_Fighting_Falcon wrote:
Still curious about this. Most people that posted seem to support this but I'm interested in more people weighing in. If the vast majority of us can agree, I could start a queue thread in the personal forum for people to sign up.

I like it a lot. It allows for a learning experience for members who aren't as involved.
-- Don't forget to submit your unvoted debates to the Voter's Union --

OFFICIAL DK/TUF 2016 Platform: http://www.debate.org...

My Facebook Page: https://www.facebook.com...
#SaveThePresidency
#SaveTheSite

-- DK/TUF 2016 --
tvellalott
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
3/22/2016 10:19:29 AM
At 3/22/2016 5:59:50 AM, F-16_Fighting_Falcon wrote:

Speak to president whatshisname about making it the stickied thread of the week, that will give your list legitimacy.
"Caitlyn Jenner is an incredibly brave and stunningly beautiful woman."

Muh threads
Using mafia tactics in real-life: http://www.debate.org...
6 years of DDO: http://www.debate.org...
famousdebater
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
3/22/2016 1:09:13 PM
I like the idea but I dont' really agree with it. People usually do AMAs for a reason. For example to celebrate x number of posts. And occassionally people to birthday AMAs. That system would completely mess that up.
"Life calls the tune, we dance."
John Galsworthy
imabench
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
3/22/2016 2:33:53 PM

This would have been a fantastic idea when the AMA craze was about to kick into full swing, but now that all of them have already been made, I dont see much reason for it now.... A user isnt going to remake a new AMA when one already exists, and since so many people have made AMA's already, the number of people left who could make one who havent already made one I dont think is a large enough number to warrant having a queue for it..... Its not like DDO adds 10 to 20 big members a day, a lot of the AMA phase has passed
Kevin24018 : "He's just so mean it makes me want to ball up my fists and stamp on the ground"
Geogeer: "Nobody is dumb enough to become my protege."

7/14/16 = The Presidency Dies

DDO: THE MOVIE = http://www.debate.org...
http://www.debate.org...

VP of DDO from Dec 14th 2014 to Jan 1st 2015