Total Posts:180|Showing Posts:1-30|Last Page
Jump to topic:

Getting rid of GodSands

Maya9
Posts: 40
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
2/6/2009 7:28:33 PM
Posted: 7 years ago
I've stated this countless times before, though no one seems to be listening: people need to stop encouraging GodSands. I am asking every person who reads this to not accept any of his debates and to block him from accepting yours. He is a parasite who is feeding off of your attention. By acknowledging him with debate, you are just validating him. If you care about the dignity of this site at all, please do as I ask. I guarantee it will work. Since the people who are supposed to be running this site clearly don't care about his soiling of it, it is up to the members to do something about it.
Maya9
Posts: 40
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
2/7/2009 12:21:00 AM
Posted: 7 years ago
Have you read any of his so-called debates? They are nothing but incessant, arrogant Christian preaching devoid of any logic.
I-am-a-panda
Posts: 15,380
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
2/7/2009 5:44:53 AM
Posted: 7 years ago
Maya9 - You can't tell us what and what not to do, mainly because :
1) You have barely been here a month, if even that
--> We do not respect you alot.

The GodSands situation is quite comical and we get fun out of it. Just because he's an arrogant Christian and you're an arrogant Satanist, doesn't mean you can use the website as a battleground.
Pizza. I have enormous respect for Pizza.
askbob
Posts: 7,254
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
2/7/2009 9:50:41 AM
Posted: 7 years ago
You iz a devil worshippa! We don't listenn to da people of satan! Crawl bac to jo faja satan!
Me -Phil left the site in my charge. I have a recorded phone conversation to prove it.
kohai -If you're the owner, then do something useful like ip block him and get us away from juggle and on a dofferent host!
Me -haha you apparently don't know my history
Kohai - Maybe not, but that doesn't matter! You shoukd still listen to your community and quit being a tyrrant!
Me - i was being completely sarcastic
Kohai - then u misrepresented yourself by impersonating the owner—a violation of the tos
Maya9
Posts: 40
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
2/7/2009 1:33:14 PM
Posted: 7 years ago
Actually, I've been here for seven months, not that that is relevant.

I'm not telling you what to do. I am merely making a request.

Using this site as a battleground is what I am trying to avoid. I have refrained from accepting his debates. I don't want to fight him, I want to get rid of him.

If you don't mind that he uses this site to ram his ridiculous views down everyone's throats and stroke his frail ego while wasting the time of everyone here, then you obviously have no more respect for this place than he does. Let's see how much you will be laughing when this site becomes nothing more than a den of GodSands look-a-likes.

The fact that I am a Satanist is irrelevant. I'm not offended by his actions as a Satanist. I'm offended by his actions as a human, and one who is having her time wasted by a lunatic.

Finally, I don't really care whether or not you respect me. Your respect is worthless.
PetIn_the_Box
Posts: 51
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
2/7/2009 1:47:33 PM
Posted: 7 years ago
At 2/7/2009 1:36:01 PM, DiablosChaosBroker wrote:
Let's make an IQ test for admission into debate.org

Ok, but if you are admitted, so am I.
This is the place for a name, but I don't write one. We write our names in the sand, but they are washed away by the waves of the sea. The more of a name one makes for oneself, the less a name captures. I wrote my name, but I fear it, too, is gone; it is washed away with all of the other names. It is useless. It is nothing. But my name is not I, for I do not equate to nothing. My memory cannot be confined to a word. I do not wash away; I do not die, for I am but an entity and entities never die.
crackofdawn_Jr
Posts: 1,350
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
2/7/2009 1:49:20 PM
Posted: 7 years ago
If you don't mind that he uses this site to ram his ridiculous views down everyone's throats and stroke his frail ego while wasting the time of everyone here, then you obviously have no more respect for this place than he does. Let's see how much you will be laughing when this site becomes nothing more than a den of GodSands look-a-likes.

So let me get this straight, you mad at him for having a different position?... seems kind of logical that he would come to a DEBATE sight to DEBATE his radical point of view. The radicallness of his point of view is irrelevant as long as he has one and abides by the rules.
There are three types of lies: lies, damn lies, and statistics"
-Mark Twain

"If at first you don't succeed, redefine success"

"Therefore love moderately. Long love doth so.
Too swift arrives as tardy as too slow."
- William Shakespeare

"There must be no majority decisions, but only responsible persons, and the word 'council' must be restored to its original meaning. Surely every man will have advisers by his side, but the decision will be made by one man."
- Adolf Hitler
I-am-a-panda
Posts: 15,380
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
2/7/2009 2:21:19 PM
Posted: 7 years ago
Maya = 20 year old female satanist
GodSands = 21 year old male fanatical christian.

Opposites attract, match made in heaven if you ask me.
Pizza. I have enormous respect for Pizza.
DATCMOTO
Posts: 6,160
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
2/7/2009 3:24:29 PM
Posted: 7 years ago
I'm a born~again~Christian and EVEN I find Godsands a little 'out there' at times.. BUT that is NO reason for plotting away in back rooms like this..
Regarding Maya9, I have personally found her (If indeed she is a her) to be consistently vindictive, humourless and completely lacking in any moral fibre whatsoever.. not to mention foul mouthed.
But hey.. We celebrate our diversity do we not? So let's live and let live, even 'pretend satanists'.

"As much as it is within your power, live in peace with one another."
ST PAUL.
The Cross.. the Cross.
Maya9
Posts: 40
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
2/7/2009 4:00:11 PM
Posted: 7 years ago
I am not against GodSands because he has a different position. If he were willing to debate his points logically, I would have no problem with it. However, he is not here to debate. He is here to preach.

As for you, DATCMOTO, I really have no interest in your judgements of me. If someone such as yourself, with such a twisted sense of morality as you have, thought me moral, I would be rather troubled. As for being humorless, anyone who actually takes the Bible seriously is in no position to judge anyone's sense of humor.
Maya9
Posts: 40
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
2/7/2009 4:02:55 PM
Posted: 7 years ago
Furthermore, you are in no position to judge my authenticity as a Satanist, considering that you have absolutely no idea what Satanism is.
Ragnar_Rahl
Posts: 19,297
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
2/7/2009 4:35:59 PM
Posted: 7 years ago
This is not a back room...

That said, GodSands is a spectacular argument against his position. Unless he violates the terms of service, I cannot rationally do anything but oppose your effort to remove his prominence from the site Maya
It came to be at its height. It was commanded to command. It was a capital before its first stone was laid. It was a monument to the spirit of man.
theitalianstallion
Posts: 1,109
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
2/7/2009 5:11:51 PM
Posted: 7 years ago
He may be a fanatic Christian and does not debate with logic, but he has managed to win a little over half of his debates.
When Reach fell, I came.
Ragnar_Rahl
Posts: 19,297
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
2/7/2009 5:14:53 PM
Posted: 7 years ago
At 2/7/2009 5:11:51 PM, theitalianstallion wrote:
He may be a fanatic Christian and does not debate with logic, but he has managed to make Josh happy enough to bomb for him on over half of his debates.

Fixed.
It came to be at its height. It was commanded to command. It was a capital before its first stone was laid. It was a monument to the spirit of man.
theitalianstallion
Posts: 1,109
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
2/7/2009 5:24:27 PM
Posted: 7 years ago
At 2/7/2009 5:14:53 PM, Ragnar_Rahl wrote:
At 2/7/2009 5:11:51 PM, theitalianstallion wrote:
He may be a fanatic Christian and does not debate with logic, but he has managed to make Josh happy enough to bomb for him on over half of his debates.

Fixed.

Lol. That may be true, but I wasn't here during the pinnacle of Josh's tyranny, therefore he hardly comes to my mind when posting.
When Reach fell, I came.
GodSands
Posts: 2,843
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
2/7/2009 6:24:52 PM
Posted: 7 years ago
What did people think of Jesus when he came to earth? Crazy, mad or right?

They tried pushing Jesus off a cliff are you doing that to me now?

Apply to me as I am a true Christian of Jesus Christ. A true follower. A true deciple.
crackofdawn_Jr
Posts: 1,350
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
2/7/2009 6:25:00 PM
Posted: 7 years ago
I am not against GodSands because he has a different position. If he were willing to debate his points logically, I would have no problem with it. However, he is not here to debate. He is here to preach.

There's a difference? o_O
There are three types of lies: lies, damn lies, and statistics"
-Mark Twain

"If at first you don't succeed, redefine success"

"Therefore love moderately. Long love doth so.
Too swift arrives as tardy as too slow."
- William Shakespeare

"There must be no majority decisions, but only responsible persons, and the word 'council' must be restored to its original meaning. Surely every man will have advisers by his side, but the decision will be made by one man."
- Adolf Hitler
Debatenewbie14
Posts: 41
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
2/7/2009 6:29:38 PM
Posted: 7 years ago
I have debated with godsands I understand his beliefs. But you know he has crossed that line a little to much. After all we all have the same rights to believe what we want to. This a place for us to debate and not for some one to preacher like godsands to preach to us. I am not meaning that he has to give it all of his beliefs but he needs to cut back alot leave the preaching at home
Maya9
Posts: 40
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
2/7/2009 6:54:15 PM
Posted: 7 years ago
Is it any wonder that GodSands has finally come out and compared himself to Jesus? His delusions of grandeur are beyond the pale.

You're not a martyr, GodSands. You're just an a conceited, insecure jerk.

Ragnar, it seems to me that GodSands HAS violated the Terms of Service. He has uploaded copyrighted images for use as avatars, has personally attacked atheists countless times, and has repeatedly referred to me as a "devil worshipper" (the terms expressly forbid the use of religious slurs). Beyond that, his preaching constitutes a kind virtual graffiti that he has smeared all over this site.
Ragnar_Rahl
Posts: 19,297
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
2/7/2009 6:54:39 PM
Posted: 7 years ago
At 2/7/2009 6:24:52 PM, GodSands wrote:
What did people think of Jesus when he came to earth? Crazy, mad or right?
Ambigous collective. Which people?


They tried pushing Jesus off a cliff are you doing that to me now?
Off a cliff? I hadn't heard that part, I though they just nailed the worthless weakling to a tree without the slightest struggle.


Apply to me as I am a true Christian of Jesus Christ. A true follower. A true deciple.
Apply to you? WTH does that mean?
It came to be at its height. It was commanded to command. It was a capital before its first stone was laid. It was a monument to the spirit of man.
PetIn_the_Box
Posts: 51
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
2/7/2009 7:04:45 PM
Posted: 7 years ago
GodSands has no right to preach to us. But he has a right to debate. He needs to see the line. Mods should tell hims where it is.
This is the place for a name, but I don't write one. We write our names in the sand, but they are washed away by the waves of the sea. The more of a name one makes for oneself, the less a name captures. I wrote my name, but I fear it, too, is gone; it is washed away with all of the other names. It is useless. It is nothing. But my name is not I, for I do not equate to nothing. My memory cannot be confined to a word. I do not wash away; I do not die, for I am but an entity and entities never die.
DiablosChaosBroker
Posts: 1,433
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
2/7/2009 7:07:47 PM
Posted: 7 years ago
His speech from this debate: http://www.debate.org...

"I am suggesting that the reason why so many people have no faith or no knowing of God is because the fact of God is denied through the invalidly of man saying that Gods' existence is not. Thus the Devil is satisfied. The Devil is a hidden beast where as long as He, the prince of darkness is hidden from men, the Devil will nudge the blame of the existence of everything else where. From a scientific point of prospection this would be evolution and the Big Bang. Evolution and the Big Bang seem very enlightening as a child your are taught it as science. When if you look close into the origins of science you will find its source is God. The reason why the source is God is because, not because some such thing popped into existence but because it never did. When someone says the universe just happened, they are not including God and thus it is remaining science. Their answer to a question would be "We don't say it just happened, but that we have not found the reason." I ask what would you expect the reason to be. Science is not random and linking this back to my other debate on "Randomness is a lack of knowledge in both the spiritual and physical world" My point is drawn again."

When he debates, he gives speeches and said that he's right and you're wrong. That's good, eh?
Maya9
Posts: 40
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
2/7/2009 7:09:08 PM
Posted: 7 years ago
That's exactly the problem: the mods don't seem to care at all about what is happening and refuse to rein in GodSands. Even if they did, I doubt that he would heed them, since he seems to have convinced himself that he is doing God's work.

I wonder if it has ever occurred to him how much he resembles one of those delusion Muslim fanatics you see on the news shouting "God is great!". Actually, I don't wonder. I KNOW he hasn't. That kind of introspection would shatter is fragile ego completely.
theitalianstallion
Posts: 1,109
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
2/7/2009 7:16:52 PM
Posted: 7 years ago
At 2/7/2009 7:07:47 PM, DiablosChaosBroker wrote:
His speech from this debate: http://www.debate.org...

"I am suggesting that the reason why so many people have no faith or no knowing of God is because the fact of God is denied through the invalidly of man saying that Gods' existence is not. Thus the Devil is satisfied. The Devil is a hidden beast where as long as He, the prince of darkness is hidden from men, the Devil will nudge the blame of the existence of everything else where. From a scientific point of prospection this would be evolution and the Big Bang. Evolution and the Big Bang seem very enlightening as a child your are taught it as science. When if you look close into the origins of science you will find its source is God. The reason why the source is God is because, not because some such thing popped into existence but because it never did. When someone says the universe just happened, they are not including God and thus it is remaining science. Their answer to a question would be "We don't say it just happened, but that we have not found the reason." I ask what would you expect the reason to be. Science is not random and linking this back to my other debate on "Randomness is a lack of knowledge in both the spiritual and physical world" My point is drawn again."

When he debates, he gives speeches and said that he's right and you're wrong. That's good, eh?

Even if Godsands does not use logic, Maya9, that sure as heck sounded logical to me.
When Reach fell, I came.
Ragnar_Rahl
Posts: 19,297
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
2/7/2009 7:19:04 PM
Posted: 7 years ago
At 2/7/2009 7:04:45 PM, PetIn_the_Box wrote:
GodSands has no right to preach to us. But he has a right to debate.

Debating: Preaching when there is a preacher of the opposite persuasion in the same room, just as busy.
It came to be at its height. It was commanded to command. It was a capital before its first stone was laid. It was a monument to the spirit of man.
Logical-Master
Posts: 2,538
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
2/7/2009 7:21:31 PM
Posted: 7 years ago
I for one find some of Godsand's views to be "questionable" but I don't see anything to warrant his removal. I think that if you cannot stand him, you should just ignore him rather than giving attention through whining about him here.
Maya9
Posts: 40
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
2/7/2009 7:24:27 PM
Posted: 7 years ago
Debating is not preaching. Debating is an exchange of ideas where one position is to be PROVEN over the other. It is, nonetheless, an exchange. GodSands doesn't want an exchange, he just wants to spew his beliefs. He doesn't talk TO people, he talks AT them. Don't bother trying to talk to him, either, because he is too busy wallowing in his own self-righteousness to listen to anyone else.
Maya9
Posts: 40
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
2/7/2009 7:25:36 PM
Posted: 7 years ago
I've already demonstrated how he has violated the Terms of Service. What more does he need to do until you would consider banning appropriate?