Take a Deep Breath

YYW
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
3/23/2016 3:25:03 AM
Posted: 8 months ago
All:

Take a deep breath. Let me put this into perspective for you...

Yes yes yes.... all criticism is mockery. I'm sure babysitter whiteflame and babysitter Airmax will take note and hassle people about it; maybe even temp ban them because this place has become so sensitive. This is garbage. All of it is compete garbage.

And you know what? Nothing will get better on this level of consciousness. Not. One. Thing.

Ending the presidency only prevents garbage like this from repeating itself. That seems appealing, but of course, people are still going to fight about it... because they fight about everything, because they interpret everything that doesn't go their way as an affront to their dignity.

Get some perspective.

What this place needs is a president that will restore DDO to what it used to be. Get the sensitive members out of positions of power (even if it's meaningless power) and into circumstances where they're not going to cry wolf (#irony) every time anyone says anything they don't like.

You all get so flustered over the most trivial, insignificant things. This is a debate website. It used to be fun. It used to be a place where people came to hang out, share ideas, and exchange them freely without babysitter mods and overly sensitive, fragile, vindictive, passive aggressive whiners en masse.

But seriously... if this place causes you more stress than it helps you relieve, maybe you shouldn't be here. Maybe this place isn't for you. Maybe you're even ruining it for everyone else.

No one cares about your stupid feelings of victimhood. Get over it. No one cares that you didn't get your way. Get over it. No one cares that your feelings hurt when someone else pointed out that you did something stupid. Get over it.

Stop whining and do something useful. Stop complaining that you didn't get your way, and make a substantive thread about something that matters... or better yet, channel that energy into a debate. If you made a mistake, own up to it honestly and move on. It's not the end of the world.

Breathe in. Breathe out. Breathe in. Breathe out.

This is not a big deal. Nothing here is a big deal. It's DDO. This place is supposed to be fun.

Are you a part of the problem, or a part of the solution?
Tsar of DDO
imabench
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
3/23/2016 3:32:36 AM
At 3/23/2016 3:25:03 AM, YYW wrote:

You left out Bsh's name in the title of the thread

All:

Yes yes yes.... all criticism is mockery.

Alright lemme keep score. Thats ONE clear reference to BSH

I'm sure babysitter whiteflame and babysitter Airmax will take note and hassle people about it; maybe even temp ban them because this place has become so sensitive. This is garbage. All of it is compete garbage.

Okay thats a reference to your recent temp ban you obviously disagree with

And you know what? Nothing will get better on this level of consciousness. Not. One. Thing.

Ending the presidency only prevents garbage like this from repeating itself. That seems appealing, but of course, people are still going to fight about it... because they fight about everything, because they interpret everything that doesn't go their way as an affront to their dignity.

Thats shot #2 against Bsh.....

Get some perspective.

What this place needs is a president that will restore DDO to what it used to be. Get the sensitive members out of positions of power (even if it's meaningless power) and into circumstances where they're not going to cry wolf (#irony) every time anyone says anything they don't like.

I got nothing on that one

You all get so flustered over the most trivial, insignificant things. This is a debate website. It used to be fun. It used to be a place where people came to hang out, share ideas, and exchange them freely without babysitter mods and overly sensitive, fragile, vindictive, passive aggressive whiners en masse.

That seems like a shot at your temp ban AND bsh tbh

But seriously... if this place causes you more stress than it helps you relieve, maybe you shouldn't be here. Maybe this place isn't for you. Maybe you're even ruining it for everyone else.

That could be a shot at either Bsh or the mods, not sure which though.

No one cares about your stupid feelings of victimhood.

Okay nvm its definitely a shot at Bsh

Get over it. No one cares that you didn't get your way. Get over it. No one cares that your feelings hurt when someone else pointed out that you did something stupid. Get over it.

I think thats shot number 5 at Bsh

Stop whining and do something useful. Stop complaining that you didn't get your way, and make a substantive thread about something that matters... or better yet, channel that energy into a debate. If you made a mistake, own up to it honestly and move on. It's not the end of the world.

Well it was Bsh the last 5 times Im assuming this is another shot at Bsh since that seems to be the theme here

This is not a big deal. Nothing here is a big deal. It's DDO. This place is supposed to be fun.

Im a bench
Kevin24018 : "He's just so mean it makes me want to ball up my fists and stamp on the ground"

7/14/16 = The Presidency Dies

DDO: THE MOVIE = http://www.debate.org...
http://www.debate.org...

VP of DDO from Dec 14th 2014 to Jan 1st 2015
YYW
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
3/23/2016 3:38:35 AM
At 3/23/2016 3:32:36 AM, imabench wrote:

Stop being a provocateur. He is not the only one whose actions have contributed to this thread being necessary, although he is obviously relevant.

Everyone who has posted about the election in the past three weeks is relevant. It's time to calm down.
Tsar of DDO
imabench
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
3/23/2016 3:41:34 AM
At 3/23/2016 3:38:35 AM, YYW wrote:

Stop being a provocateur.

You made a giant call out thread yet IM the provocateur?

He is not the only one whose actions have contributed to this thread being necessary, although he is obviously relevant.

You made it VERY clear

Everyone who has posted about the election in the past three weeks is relevant. It's time to calm down.

Technically talk of the election has only started in the past week alone
Kevin24018 : "He's just so mean it makes me want to ball up my fists and stamp on the ground"

UtherPenguin
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
3/23/2016 3:42:33 AM
At 3/23/2016 3:41:49 AM, Hayd wrote:
At 3/23/2016 3:28:36 AM, UtherPenguin wrote:
*grabs popcorn*

No uther, popcorn doesnt agree with your stomach

Damn popcorn should check it's privilege.
"Praise Allah."
~YYW
lannan13
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
3/23/2016 3:46:32 AM
I think that's a little bit of advise a lot of people on this site needs.
-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-Lannan13'S SIGNATURE-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-

If the sky's the limit then why do we have footprints on the Moon? I'm shooting my aspirations for the stars.

"If you are going through hell, keep going." "Sir Winston Churchill

"No one can make you feel inferior without your consent." "Eleanor Roosevelt

Topics I want to debate. (http://tinyurl.com...)
-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~
YYW
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
3/23/2016 3:47:29 AM
At 3/23/2016 3:41:34 AM, imabench wrote:
At 3/23/2016 3:38:35 AM, YYW wrote:

Stop being a provocateur.

You made a giant call out thread yet IM the provocateur?

He is not the only one whose actions have contributed to this thread being necessary, although he is obviously relevant.

You made it VERY clear

Technically talk of the election has only started in the past week alone

Wylted announced before then
Tsar of DDO
YYW
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
3/23/2016 3:50:13 AM
At 3/23/2016 3:46:32 AM, lannan13 wrote:

Yes. Yes, indeed.
Tsar of DDO
tejretics
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
3/23/2016 6:22:30 AM
https://www.youtube.com...

Listen to it. It's very calming.
"Where justice is denied, where poverty is enforced, where ignorance prevails, and where any one class is made to feel that society is an organized conspiracy to oppress, rob and degrade them, neither persons nor property will be safe." - Frederick Douglass
ColeTrain
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
3/23/2016 12:52:27 PM
At 3/23/2016 3:38:22 AM, Hayd wrote:
http://www.cat-bounce.com...

I was hoping someone would post this.
"The right to 360 noscope noobs shall not be infringed!!!" -- tajshar2k
"So, to start off, I've never committed suicide." -- Vaarka
"I eat glue." -- brontoraptor
"I mean, at this rate, I'd argue for a ham sandwich presidency." -- ResponsiblyIrresponsible
"Overthrow Assad, heil jihad." -- 16kadams when trolling in hangout
"Hillary Clinton is not my favorite person ... and her campaign is as inspiring as a bowl of cottage cheese." -- YYW
TBR
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
3/23/2016 3:52:19 PM
All:

Yes yes yes.... all criticism is mockery. I'm sure babysitter whiteflame and babysitter Airmax will take note and hassle people about it; maybe even temp ban them because this place has become so sensitive. This is garbage. All of it is compete garbage.

Get some perspective.

No one cares about your stupid feelings of victimhood. Get over it. No one cares that you didn't get your way. Get over it. No one cares that your feelings hurt when someone else pointed out that you did something stupid. Get over it.

I was considering writing a "how to now get worked up over content on a website" official guide, but would have to be president for it yo have any meaning.
DanneJeRusse
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
3/23/2016 3:53:19 PM
All:

Get some perspective.

This is what we like to see, when someone stands in front of a mirror and really reflects on themselves with open candor and honesty. Well done, YYW, you are starting to grow.
Marrying a 6 year old and waiting until she reaches puberty and maturity before having consensual sex is better than walking up to
a stranger in a bar and proceeding to have relations with no valid proof of the intent of the person. Muhammad wins. ~ Fatihah
If they don't want to be killed then they have to subdue to the Islamic laws. - Uncung
Without God, you are lower than sh!t. ~ SpiritandTruth
Vaarka
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
3/23/2016 4:01:07 PM
At 3/23/2016 3:46:32 AM, lannan13 wrote:

+1
You're probably thinking right now "haha I'm a genius". Well you're not -Valkrin

inferno: "I don't know, are you attracted to women?"
ButterCatX: "No, Vaarka is mine!"

All hail scum Vaarka, wielder of the bastard sword, smiter of nations, destroyer of spiders -VOT

"Vaarka, I've been thinking about this for a long time now," (pulls out small box made of macaroni) "W-will you be my noodle buddy?" -Kirigaya
imabench
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
3/23/2016 4:38:22 PM
At 3/23/2016 3:52:19 PM, TBR wrote:

I was considering writing a "how to now get worked up over content on a website" official guide, but would have to be president for it yo have any meaning.

Just do what I do: Write it up anyways, and then lobby Airmax to sticky it somewhere

TBR
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
3/23/2016 4:43:02 PM
At 3/23/2016 4:38:22 PM, imabench wrote:
At 3/23/2016 3:52:19 PM, TBR wrote:

Just do what I do: Write it up anyways, and then lobby Airmax to sticky it somewhere

Just borrowing shamelessly (as my middle school English teacher said) I would have the first page just say "Don't Panic".
YYW
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
3/23/2016 5:56:18 PM
At 3/23/2016 3:53:19 PM, DanneJeRusse wrote:
All:

Get some perspective.

This is what we like to see, when someone stands in front of a mirror and really reflects on themselves with open candor and honesty. Well done, YYW, you are starting to grow.

Being banned under the circumstances that I was did have that effect.

It severed any emotional connection I have to this site, on the basis of what the site is.
Tsar of DDO
DanneJeRusse
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
3/24/2016 3:06:59 PM
At 3/23/2016 5:56:18 PM, YYW wrote:
At 3/23/2016 3:53:19 PM, DanneJeRusse wrote:
All:

Get some perspective.

Being banned under the circumstances that I was did have that effect.

It severed any emotional connection I have to this site, on the basis of what the site is.

And, now you're free. Free to navigate these forums unfettered by the past, free of the emotions that shackled you to the facade of what this site is, to the reckless abandon of words strewn and bandied about with no reason or logic, free to start over with a clean slate. You go bro.
Marrying a 6 year old and waiting until she reaches puberty and maturity before having consensual sex is better than walking up to
a stranger in a bar and proceeding to have relations with no valid proof of the intent of the person. Muhammad wins. ~ Fatihah
If they don't want to be killed then they have to subdue to the Islamic laws. - Uncung
Without God, you are lower than sh!t. ~ SpiritandTruth