Help with opinions

SamStevens
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
3/23/2016 9:12:40 PM
Posted: 8 months ago
At 3/23/2016 9:03:55 PM, MeargleSchmeargle wrote:
I am trying to post an opinion about sharks in the opinions section, but it will not post. Any help?

Site bugs... keep trying until it works
"This is the true horror of religion. It allows perfectly decent and sane people to believe by the billions, what only lunatics could believe on their own." Sam Harris
Life asked Death "Why do people love me but hate you?"
Death responded: "Because you are a beautiful lie, and I am the painful truth."
TBR
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
3/23/2016 9:56:52 PM
I am trying to post an opinion about sharks in the opinions section, but it will not post. Any help?

The opinion section is very buggy.

Make sure you have any adblockers OFF. No custom images.
Selcouth_Debater
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
3/24/2016 1:36:58 AM

I believe the same thing is happening with the polls. I tried posting a poll on the presidential elections and gave up after the fifth time
"The problem with the world is that the intelligent people are full of doubts, while the stupid ones are full of confidence." ~ Charles Bukowski

Formerly known as kawaii_crazy. I'm back.
Selcouth_Debater
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
3/24/2016 1:43:14 AM

Geez, it won't even let one click on anything on an opinion question... Since when has this site been this buggy?
"The problem with the world is that the intelligent people are full of doubts, while the stupid ones are full of confidence." ~ Charles Bukowski

MeargleSchmeargle
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
3/25/2016 6:54:47 PM
At 3/24/2016 1:43:14 AM, Selcouth_Debater wrote:

Geez, it won't even let one click on anything on an opinion question... Since when has this site been this buggy?

No clue. I have been here for a good while (though not as active now as i once was (sorry to those that were debating me)), and this is one of the few times it would not post an opinion, and it really gets on my nerves. Maybe inform an admin about the site's code? My guess is they coded something wrong (hyperlink issues?).
Selcouth_Debater
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
3/25/2016 10:02:29 PM
At 3/25/2016 6:54:47 PM, MeargleSchmeargle wrote:

No clue. I have been here for a good while (though not as active now as i once was (sorry to those that were debating me)), and this is one of the few times it would not post an opinion, and it really gets on my nerves. Maybe inform an admin about the site's code? My guess is they coded something wrong (hyperlink issues?).

I've been on this site for around 2 1/2 years (under a different account) and I remembered when many polls and opinions would be posted daily... but now it's as if that side of the site is dead. And people have been trying to contact Juggle for months now, but have heard nothing so far.

Bob13
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
3/26/2016 1:51:49 PM
At 3/25/2016 10:02:29 PM, Selcouth_Debater wrote:

I've been on this site for around 2 1/2 years (under a different account) and I remembered when many polls and opinions would be posted daily... but now it's as if that side of the site is dead. And people have been trying to contact Juggle for months now, but have heard nothing so far.

There have been many instances when the polls and opinions sections have stopped working, but its always fixed within a few weeks.
I don't have a signature. :-)
Selcouth_Debater
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
3/26/2016 5:41:01 PM
At 3/26/2016 1:51:49 PM, Bob13 wrote:

There have been many instances when the polls and opinions sections have stopped working, but its always fixed within a few weeks.

So I've heard. But now petersmith, the poll moderator, has said that they're probably down permanently this time unless Juggle actually does something.

PetersSmith
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
3/26/2016 5:50:47 PM
At 3/26/2016 5:41:01 PM, Selcouth_Debater wrote:

So I've heard. But now petersmith, the poll moderator, has said that they're probably down permanently this time unless Juggle actually does something.

I never said this was "permanent". It's up to airmax to fix them from being completely broken, and then they will return to their broken selves, which seems permanent at this point.
Empress of DDO (also Poll and Forum "Maintenance" Moderator)

"The two most important days in your life is the day you were born, and the day you find out why."
~Mark Twain

"Wow"
-Doge

"Don't believe everything you read on the internet just because there's a picture with a quote next to it."
~Abraham Lincoln

Guide to the Polls Section: http://www.debate.org...
Selcouth_Debater
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
3/26/2016 5:54:48 PM
At 3/26/2016 5:50:47 PM, PetersSmith wrote:
At 3/26/2016 5:41:01 PM, Selcouth_Debater wrote:

I never said this was "permanent". It's up to airmax to fix them from being completely broken, and then they will return to their broken selves, which seems permanent at this point.

Ah, okay. I'm so sorry for misreading what you said.

birdlandmemories
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
3/26/2016 6:20:23 PM

Usually it takes a minute or 2 to get posted. I think it's the same bug that's been in the polls section as well.
Ashton