Jump to topic:

I'm running for DDO President

philochristos
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
3/24/2016 4:51:01 PM
Posted: 8 months ago
Does it ever concern you that a DDO President might be just a disaster? Does it concern you that they might steer the site in an unfavourable direction? Does it concern you that they might be dishonest, wield a heavy hand, show favouritism, or enact bone-headed ideas? Or are you overwhelmed by all the options, thinking they all have a good idea or two? Are their platforms too complicated to really evaluate fairly? Do you cringe at the notion that you might simply be voting for somebody because you just like that person, and not because they'd necessary be good for the site?

If any of these things concern, then let me make this simple for you. If I am elected President, my vow is to do nothing. That's right. I will not enact any new programs, I will not lobby with the moderators or Juggle to change anything, I will not initiate any tournaments (anybody can do that, so you don't need me), and I will not try to run things at all. I will simply step back and let the site take on its own personality. I will leave it to the moderators to do their job without my interference.

If you don't want a lot of change and hair-brained ideas, then vote for me.

Philochristos. . .keeping things simple.
"Not to know of what things one should demand demonstration, and of what one should not, argues want of education." ~Aristotle

"It is the mark of an educated mind to be able to entertain a thought without accepting it." ~Aristotle
smelisox
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
3/24/2016 4:52:13 PM
Are you sick of rhetorical questions? Would you like to see less rhetorical questions? Then go f-ck yourself 'cuz you can't stumpos the phillipcristos.
imabench
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
3/24/2016 5:11:11 PM
At 3/24/2016 4:51:01 PM, philochristos wrote:
Does it ever concern you that a DDO President might be just a disaster?

Yes

Does it concern you that they might steer the site in an unfavourable direction?

Yes

Does it concern you that they might be dishonest, wield a heavy hand, show favouritism, or enact bone-headed ideas?

Sorta

Or are you overwhelmed by all the options, thinking they all have a good idea or two?

All 2 of them? Its pretty much Me and DK at this point since Wylted's campaign is functioning as well as Jeb Bush's.....

Are their platforms too complicated to really evaluate fairly? Do you cringe at the notion that you might simply be voting for somebody because you just like that person, and not because they'd necessary be good for the site?

If any of these things concern, then let me make this simple for you. If I am elected President, my vow is to do nothing. That's right. I will not enact any new programs, I will not lobby with the moderators or Juggle to change anything, I will not initiate any tournaments (anybody can do that, so you don't need me), and I will not try to run things at all. I will simply step back and let the site take on its own personality. I will leave it to the moderators to do their job without my interference.

THATS MY PLATFORM (for the most part)

If you don't want a lot of change and hair-brained ideas, then vote for me.

Philochristos. . .keeping things simple.
Kevin24018 : "He's just so mean it makes me want to ball up my fists and stamp on the ground"
Geogeer: "Nobody is dumb enough to become my protege."

7/14/16 = The Presidency Dies

DDO: THE MOVIE = http://www.debate.org...
http://www.debate.org...

VP of DDO from Dec 14th 2014 to Jan 1st 2015
bsh1
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
3/24/2016 5:12:30 PM
At 3/24/2016 5:11:11 PM, imabench wrote:

Lol. Stealing your thunder...
Live Long and Prosper

I'm a Bish.

"Twilight isn't just about obtuse metaphors between cannibalism and premarital sex, it also teaches us the futility of hope." - Raisor

"[Bsh1] is the Guinan of DDO." - ButterCatX

Follow the DDOlympics
: http://www.debate.org...

Open Debate Topics Project: http://www.debate.org...
philochristos
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
3/24/2016 5:28:43 PM

It is??? Then I guess the competition between you and me is which of us will do nothinger.

Vote Philochristos. . .keeping things more simple than Imabench.
"Not to know of what things one should demand demonstration, and of what one should not, argues want of education." ~Aristotle

"It is the mark of an educated mind to be able to entertain a thought without accepting it." ~Aristotle
philochristos
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
3/24/2016 5:46:55 PM
At 3/24/2016 5:28:43 PM, philochristos wrote:

It is??? Then I guess the competition between you and me is which of us will do nothinger.

On second thought, I don't want to compete with you. Who can do less than nothing? I support you. I'm still running and all, but I'll vote Imabench if you can give me your word that you'll do nothing if elected and if you'll vote for me.

lamerde
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
3/24/2016 5:49:04 PM

lol
Why I ignore YYW:
Calling someone a bitch multiple times while claiming you're taking the high road is an art form, I suppose: http://www.debate.org...
imabench
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
3/24/2016 7:05:57 PM
At 3/24/2016 5:46:55 PM, philochristos wrote:

On second thought, I don't want to compete with you. Who can do less than nothing? I support you. I'm still running and all, but I'll vote Imabench if you can give me your word that you'll do nothing if elected and if you'll vote for me.

It would violate my pledge of doing nothingier to vote for you, because then I would be doing something, which goes against the principles that the founding fathers of nothing chose not to do anything to stand up for, since standing up for their philosophy of nothin would mean they did something, which was against their philosophy
Kevin24018 : "He's just so mean it makes me want to ball up my fists and stamp on the ground"

TBR
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
3/24/2016 7:17:27 PM
At 3/24/2016 7:05:57 PM, imabench wrote:

It would violate my pledge of doing nothingier to vote for you, because then I would be doing something, which goes against the principles that the founding fathers of nothing chose not to do anything to stand up for, since standing up for their philosophy of nothin would mean they did something, which was against their philosophy

It is my firm(ish) position that no one can do nothing like Bench!
TBR
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
3/24/2016 7:18:22 PM

Further. Bench has the most complete description of nothing.
Ragnar
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
3/24/2016 7:24:43 PM
At 3/24/2016 6:40:37 PM, Romaniii wrote:

I wrote your platform for you:

https://docs.google.com...

You have it set with restricted access.
Unofficial DDO Guide: http://goo.gl...
(It's probably the best help resource here, other than talking to people...)

Voting Standards: https://goo.gl...

And please disable Smart-Quotes: https://goo.gl...
philochristos
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
3/24/2016 9:02:05 PM

Well, I'm voting for you anyway, but not in my capacity as President-elect, so I can still claim "nothing" as my platform.

ColeTrain
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
3/24/2016 9:03:35 PM
Or are you overwhelmed by all the options, thinking they all have a good idea or two?

All 2 of them? Its pretty much Me and DK at this point since Wylted's campaign is functioning as well as Jeb Bush's.....

You forgot of your two strongest opponents

TheChristian: [http://www.debate.org...]
Forever23: [http://www.debate.org...]
"The right to 360 noscope noobs shall not be infringed!!!" -- tajshar2k
"So, to start off, I've never committed suicide." -- Vaarka
"I eat glue." -- brontoraptor
"I mean, at this rate, I'd argue for a ham sandwich presidency." -- ResponsiblyIrresponsible
"Overthrow Assad, heil jihad." -- 16kadams when trolling in hangout
"Hillary Clinton is not my favorite person ... and her campaign is as inspiring as a bowl of cottage cheese." -- YYW
Hoppi
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
3/24/2016 9:15:41 PM

That's not his platform at all. His platform is the opposite - going for maximum attention and drama. He claims to want to abolish the presidency, but airmax has said he'll respect "no president" votes, but imabench still wants to be president, because he wants to go down in flames and gain all the attention for ending it. He wants to be the last president. He wants it on his signature forever.

Yes. 10009000000x simpler.
TUF
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
3/24/2016 9:51:16 PM

This post wins.
"I've got to go and grab a shirt" ~ Airmax1227
Romaniii
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
3/24/2016 9:52:42 PM

Oh, whoops. Fixed the technical error. And while I was at it, I went ahead and made the platform even better:

ColeTrain
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
3/24/2016 10:13:46 PM
At 3/24/2016 9:52:42 PM, Romaniii wrote:

Oh, whoops. Fixed the technical error. And while I was at it, I went ahead and made the platform even better:

I was really hoping this is what it was :D
"The right to 360 noscope noobs shall not be infringed!!!" -- tajshar2k
"So, to start off, I've never committed suicide." -- Vaarka
"I eat glue." -- brontoraptor
"I mean, at this rate, I'd argue for a ham sandwich presidency." -- ResponsiblyIrresponsible
"Overthrow Assad, heil jihad." -- 16kadams when trolling in hangout
"Hillary Clinton is not my favorite person ... and her campaign is as inspiring as a bowl of cottage cheese." -- YYW
imabench
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
3/24/2016 11:13:42 PM
At 3/24/2016 9:15:41 PM, Hoppi wrote:

That's not his platform at all. His platform is the opposite - going for maximum attention and drama. He claims to want to abolish the presidency, but airmax has said he'll respect "no president" votes, but imabench still wants to be president, because he wants to go down in flames and gain all the attention for ending it. He wants to be the last president. He wants it on his signature forever.

Newsflash dumba**, if you just vote 'no president', then theres no system to be implemented afterwards to allow for users to keep pushing for changes.

Hoppi
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
3/24/2016 11:50:41 PM
At 3/24/2016 11:13:42 PM, imabench wrote:

Newsflash dumba**, if you just vote 'no president', then theres no system to be implemented afterwards to allow for users to keep pushing for changes.

Like, apart from pushing for them?
philochristos
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
3/25/2016 12:06:33 AM
If I am elected, I will not call anybody a dumba**. It's part of my platform of doing nothing.

NothingSpecial99
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
3/25/2016 12:12:55 AM
At 3/25/2016 12:06:33 AM, philochristos wrote:
If I am elected, I will not call anybody a dumba**. It's part of my platform of doing nothing.

You're like the Ron Swanson of DDO. If by chance you don't get the reference, he is a character from Parks and Recreation
"Check your facts, not your privilege" - Christina Hoff Summers

If you go to jail for Tax Evasion, you're living off of Taxes as a result of not paying Taxes

"Facts don't care about your feelings" - Ben Shapiro
philochristos
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
3/25/2016 1:00:04 AM
At 3/25/2016 12:12:55 AM, NothingSpecial99 wrote:

You're like the Ron Swanson of DDO. If by chance you don't get the reference, he is a character from Parks and Recreation

Funny you would say that. I've seen all of Parks & Recreation, but I'm starting over from the beginning tonight.

imabench
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
3/25/2016 1:31:52 AM
At 3/25/2016 1:00:04 AM, philochristos wrote:

Funny you would say that. I've seen all of Parks & Recreation, but I'm starting over from the beginning tonight.

how many seasons did it last?

imabench
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
3/25/2016 1:32:59 AM
At 3/24/2016 11:50:41 PM, Hoppi wrote:
At 3/24/2016 11:13:42 PM, imabench wrote:

Like, apart from pushing for them?

How is it that youve been a part of this site for 10 months and you are still so ignorant of how things work around here? smh >.>

NothingSpecial99
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
3/25/2016 1:33:32 AM
At 3/25/2016 1:31:52 AM, imabench wrote:

I believe seven
"Check your facts, not your privilege" - Christina Hoff Summers

If you go to jail for Tax Evasion, you're living off of Taxes as a result of not paying Taxes

"Facts don't care about your feelings" - Ben Shapiro
philochristos
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
3/25/2016 3:15:12 AM
At 3/25/2016 1:31:52 AM, imabench wrote:

Seven, I think.

Vox_Veritas
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
3/25/2016 4:23:55 AM
All joking aside, though, Donald.Keller is probably the most serious candidate in the race.
Call me Vox, the Resident Contrarian of debate.org.

The DDO Blog:
https://debatedotorg.wordpress.com...

#drinkthecoffeenotthekoolaid
FrodoDestroyIt
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
3/25/2016 4:25:04 AM
At 3/25/2016 4:23:55 AM, Vox_Veritas wrote:
All joking aside, though, Donald.Keller is probably the most serious candidate in the race.

idk bout dat

u c, hes illumiatni