Total Posts:50|Showing Posts:1-30|Last Page
Jump to topic:

=Forever 23 Presidential Campain Bidding=

Forever23
Posts: 988
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
3/25/2016 3:38:57 PM
Posted: 8 months ago
So hey again! Aloha DDO! So, in the last thread I made, may people wondered what I am going to do as prez so as I said, my next thread will be about that. This is my next thread so lets begin by saying why I decided to run.

Well, since last I was on DDO and even now, I noticed some problems in things such as voting, forum posting and even the activity on this site.

Firstly,

Philosophy

So? Let me summarize my premises. I believe that DDO should be something in the hands of the members, not only the president. We and you should be the ones making the decision, reviving forums, voting. The prez should not be doing all the work and that is something my presidency will achieve. This site should not be a drag. It should not be a place where members just cant find a way to join a mafia game. DDO should not be a place where people are not able to discuss the arts, economics, society or policies.

DDO was created to be a place to learn to debate, to discuss topics, become more intelligent. And that is what my campaign is for. But dont get me wrong, I dont want to return Debate.Org to something that was once know as it's Golden Era. I want this site to evolve. We must pass the past and make changes for the future and aim for a NEW DDO, not look and hunt for the past.

People and potential presidents such as Donald Keller and TUF and many more want DDO to be something that it was before. But old members are not here, new members are. So... we must steer the wheels of progress on our website and make it not into something that it was before, but into something new.

The Premises

So here are some reforms that we are working on:

#1: Voting Amount Reform
So, our position on the voting reform is complicated but after we have all grasped its contents, it will be working more efficiently than ever before. How? Well, firstly we must completely clear out the voting thread. The members will then message me the links of debates they need voted on. I or a members of the voting committee which I will choose will post the links daily in the thread. Once members vote on the debates, they will put their names next to the debates. The members who voted most at the end of the month will be prized.

#2:Voting Requirements Reform
The system above will work but in order to make the voters be able to analyze the debate and vote well, we will have new requirements which I will try to push forward as president. So lets begin. Now, for a good RFD, one must simply list the unrefuted points of each side. The voter than has to provide the key points of each side of the argument. Afterwards, a voter will be required to provide tips on improvements for both debaters. About FF. FF will result in automatic loss of the conduct point. But if forfeiter still has more convincing arguments, he can win.

#3:Forum Revival Effort
So, here is the plan. We believe that members should get feedback not only on DDO posts but on the other forums to. So, we will initiate forum revival effort. We will encourage new threads and posts to be created on the forums such as arts, economics, policy, society and philosophy. DDO should have a learning environment where members are able to have extremely serious discussions. So, people of the commitee will be assigned to the revival effort. We will sticky many of the threads to make the discussions filled and popular.

In addition, we will combine forum topics such as science, tech and health. Also religion, politics and society.

#4:DDO's Other Areas
So... DDO is a community which must become larger and larger on a daily basis. Why not do something that promotes us? DDO must have or even enter writing contests monthly. Our site needs something new and this will be the new things I will implement. DDO does need events to allow members to practice their writing skills on DDO and as president, this is one of the first things I will do.

#5:Mafia Reforms
On DDO, I want to implement something that will allow 2 or 3 mafia games to run simultaneously as oppose to one. The mafia games are all of differents sizes and have different member amounts so why not have seperated host lists? Once list will be for the mini games consistting of 5-14 members. The large games will be 15-24 members. In order to keep the games running well, there will be a player limit of 24. We want mafia games running smoothly and a way to do that is by doing a player limit and preventing mod kills. Most importantly, I will the working with those in charge of beginner series to provide reforms on how to run the beginner series which educate the new players.

#6:Contact With The Community
As mentioned and discussed in the philosophy, we want the community to be in charge of Debate.Org. How? In every decision we make, we will look for feedback from you. We will see what most of the members think of the update and depends on the feedback, we will make change. In addition, whenever we see enhancement suggestions, the presidency will look into the tip and if logical and possible, we will do what we can to make it part of the DDO rules and make it part of the way we run.

#7:Advisory Panel
Despite our efforts to communicate with the people, we will uphold the idea of the advisory panel. I will find a crew of 10-20 members to help make the decisions and communicate with the other site members. The advisory panel will be a prominent aspect of my presidency.

Conclusion:

We want a progressing DDO. We want a place where members dont quit because it is boring but a place where they stay because it is fun.

Many are nostalgic for the "good old days" of DDO. But I am not. This campaign is not. We want a new period in the prosperity of our site. We can not dream of the past, only of the future.

That is what we will achieve.

Vote for me as president!

(VP will be chosen after I am elected. I will choose his either out of the pool of runners or somebody who just wishes to run for the position)

All questions below please!
fire_wings
Posts: 5,562
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
3/25/2016 3:41:15 PM
Posted: 8 months ago
At 3/25/2016 3:38:57 PM, Forever23 wrote:
So hey again! Aloha DDO! So, in the last thread I made, may people wondered what I am going to do as prez so as I said, my next thread will be about that. This is my next thread so lets begin by saying why I decided to run.

Well, since last I was on DDO and even now, I noticed some problems in things such as voting, forum posting and even the activity on this site.

Firstly,

Philosophy

So? Let me summarize my premises. I believe that DDO should be something in the hands of the members, not only the president. We and you should be the ones making the decision, reviving forums, voting. The prez should not be doing all the work and that is something my presidency will achieve. This site should not be a drag. It should not be a place where members just cant find a way to join a mafia game. DDO should not be a place where people are not able to discuss the arts, economics, society or policies.

DDO was created to be a place to learn to debate, to discuss topics, become more intelligent. And that is what my campaign is for. But dont get me wrong, I dont want to return Debate.Org to something that was once know as it's Golden Era. I want this site to evolve. We must pass the past and make changes for the future and aim for a NEW DDO, not look and hunt for the past.

People and potential presidents such as Donald Keller and TUF and many more want DDO to be something that it was before. But old members are not here, new members are. So... we must steer the wheels of progress on our website and make it not into something that it was before, but into something new.


The Premises

So here are some reforms that we are working on:

#1: Voting Amount Reform
So, our position on the voting reform is complicated but after we have all grasped its contents, it will be working more efficiently than ever before. How? Well, firstly we must completely clear out the voting thread. The members will then message me the links of debates they need voted on. I or a members of the voting committee which I will choose will post the links daily in the thread. Once members vote on the debates, they will put their names next to the debates. The members who voted most at the end of the month will be prized.



#2:Voting Requirements Reform
The system above will work but in order to make the voters be able to analyze the debate and vote well, we will have new requirements which I will try to push forward as president. So lets begin. Now, for a good RFD, one must simply list the unrefuted points of each side. The voter than has to provide the key points of each side of the argument. Afterwards, a voter will be required to provide tips on improvements for both debaters. About FF. FF will result in automatic loss of the conduct point. But if forfeiter still has more convincing arguments, he can win.

#3:Forum Revival Effort
So, here is the plan. We believe that members should get feedback not only on DDO posts but on the other forums to. So, we will initiate forum revival effort. We will encourage new threads and posts to be created on the forums such as arts, economics, policy, society and philosophy. DDO should have a learning environment where members are able to have extremely serious discussions. So, people of the commitee will be assigned to the revival effort. We will sticky many of the threads to make the discussions filled and popular.

In addition, we will combine forum topics such as science, tech and health. Also religion, politics and society.

#4:DDO's Other Areas
So... DDO is a community which must become larger and larger on a daily basis. Why not do something that promotes us? DDO must have or even enter writing contests monthly. Our site needs something new and this will be the new things I will implement. DDO does need events to allow members to practice their writing skills on DDO and as president, this is one of the first things I will do.

#5:Mafia Reforms
On DDO, I want to implement something that will allow 2 or 3 mafia games to run simultaneously as oppose to one. The mafia games are all of differents sizes and have different member amounts so why not have seperated host lists? Once list will be for the mini games consistting of 5-14 members. The large games will be 15-24 members. In order to keep the games running well, there will be a player limit of 24. We want mafia games running smoothly and a way to do that is by doing a player limit and preventing mod kills. Most importantly, I will the working with those in charge of beginner series to provide reforms on how to run the beginner series which educate the new players.

#6:Contact With The Community
As mentioned and discussed in the philosophy, we want the community to be in charge of Debate.Org. How? In every decision we make, we will look for feedback from you. We will see what most of the members think of the update and depends on the feedback, we will make change. In addition, whenever we see enhancement suggestions, the presidency will look into the tip and if logical and possible, we will do what we can to make it part of the DDO rules and make it part of the way we run.

#7:Advisory Panel
Despite our efforts to communicate with the people, we will uphold the idea of the advisory panel. I will find a crew of 10-20 members to help make the decisions and communicate with the other site members. The advisory panel will be a prominent aspect of my presidency.


Conclusion:

We want a progressing DDO. We want a place where members dont quit because it is boring but a place where they stay because it is fun.

Many are nostalgic for the "good old days" of DDO. But I am not. This campaign is not. We want a new period in the prosperity of our site. We can not dream of the past, only of the future.

That is what we will achieve.

Vote for me as president!


(VP will be chosen after I am elected. I will choose his either out of the pool of runners or somebody who just wishes to run for the position)

All questions below please!

arent you too not old in DDO?
#ALLHAILFIRETHEKINGOFTHEMISCFORUM

...it's not a new policy... it's just that DDO was built on an ancient burial ground, and that means the spirits of old rise again to cause us problems sometimes- Airmax1227

Wtf you must have an IQ of 250 if you're 11 and already decent at this- 16k

Go to sleep!!!!- missmozart

So to start off, I never committed suicide- Vaarka
Forever23
Posts: 988
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
3/25/2016 3:50:48 PM
Posted: 8 months ago
At 3/25/2016 3:41:15 PM, fire_wings wrote:
At 3/25/2016 3:38:57 PM, Forever23 wrote:


arent you too not old in DDO?

Ive been here for what? 5 months. I believe I know this site pretty well; the policies and all that. And since thats what matters, I think I can run.
fire_wings
Posts: 5,562
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
3/25/2016 3:52:08 PM
Posted: 8 months ago
At 3/25/2016 3:50:48 PM, Forever23 wrote:
At 3/25/2016 3:41:15 PM, fire_wings wrote:
At 3/25/2016 3:38:57 PM, Forever23 wrote:


arent you too not old in DDO?

Ive been here for what? 5 months. I believe I know this site pretty well; the policies and all that. And since thats what matters, I think I can run.

okay. I just said that because I never saw a president who was 5 months old here.
#ALLHAILFIRETHEKINGOFTHEMISCFORUM

...it's not a new policy... it's just that DDO was built on an ancient burial ground, and that means the spirits of old rise again to cause us problems sometimes- Airmax1227

Wtf you must have an IQ of 250 if you're 11 and already decent at this- 16k

Go to sleep!!!!- missmozart

So to start off, I never committed suicide- Vaarka
lannan13
Posts: 23,075
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
3/25/2016 4:37:32 PM
Posted: 8 months ago
At 3/25/2016 3:52:08 PM, fire_wings wrote:
At 3/25/2016 3:50:48 PM, Forever23 wrote:
At 3/25/2016 3:41:15 PM, fire_wings wrote:
At 3/25/2016 3:38:57 PM, Forever23 wrote:


arent you too not old in DDO?

Ive been here for what? 5 months. I believe I know this site pretty well; the policies and all that. And since thats what matters, I think I can run.

okay. I just said that because I never saw a president who was 5 months old here.

I think the youngest was bsh1 at 2 years. He ran at 1 year, but he had strong opposition on those grounds.
-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-Lannan13'S SIGNATURE-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-

If the sky's the limit then why do we have footprints on the Moon? I'm shooting my aspirations for the stars.

"If you are going through hell, keep going." "Sir Winston Churchill

"No one can make you feel inferior without your consent." "Eleanor Roosevelt

Topics I want to debate. (http://tinyurl.com...)
-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~
Lexus
Posts: 169
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
3/25/2016 5:03:52 PM
Posted: 8 months ago
yeah your philosophy sounds great or whatever, but who HONESTLY believes that any change can be made just because you wished it up? lol, no thanks
Forever23
Posts: 988
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
3/25/2016 5:13:41 PM
Posted: 8 months ago
At 3/25/2016 5:03:52 PM, Lexus wrote:
yeah your philosophy sounds great or whatever, but who HONESTLY believes that any change can be made just because you wished it up? lol, no thanks

Not necessarily wished it up. Ill do these and it should and will bring a good form of change to DDO. Once again, in the hands of the members and since everyone wants change, they will follow policies to get it.
imabench
Posts: 21,220
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
3/25/2016 5:52:33 PM
Posted: 8 months ago
At 3/25/2016 3:38:57 PM, Forever23 wrote:

Your entire platform is one of the most generic, bland, and pointless presidential platforms i've ever seen..... It looks exactly like the kind of platform someone throws together in a couple of minutes, and then decides to run on simply to increase their own recognition on the site. The parts of your platform that you try to make original ideas only stand as a testament to how ignorant you are about how almost everything on this site works.

I believe that DDO should be something in the hands of the members, not only the president. We and you should be the ones making the decision, reviving forums, voting. The prez should not be doing all the work and that is something my presidency will achieve. This site should not be a drag. It should not be a place where members just cant find a way to join a mafia game. DDO should not be a place where people are not able to discuss the arts, economics, society or policies.

Literally all of the 'problems' you think plagues the site are problems that dont even exist in the first place. This passage alone stands as a testament to how little you know about the site, and why you will likely get zero support if you try to run on it.

DDO was created to be a place to learn to debate, to discuss topics, become more intelligent. And that is what my campaign is for. But dont get me wrong, I dont want to return Debate.Org to something that was once know as it's Golden Era. I want this site to evolve. We must pass the past and make changes for the future and aim for a NEW DDO, not look and hunt for the past. People and potential presidents such as Donald Keller and TUF and many more want DDO to be something that it was before. But old members are not here, new members are. So... we must steer the wheels of progress on our website and make it not into something that it was before, but into something new.

You know when candidates just spew random sentences out of their mouths on television to try to make themselves seem like they have deep knowledge of the problems people are facing, when in reality they just make themselves look like bumbling fools who are talking just because they like to hear themselves talk? This passage above is an example of one of those. All you are doing is rambling on and on about nonsense, which reflects your entire platform ironically since its rambling nonsense.

#1: Voting Amount Reform
So, our position on the voting reform is complicated but after we have all grasped its contents, it will be working more efficiently than ever before. How? Well, firstly we must completely clear out the voting thread. The members will then message me the links of debates they need voted on. I or a members of the voting committee which I will choose will post the links daily in the thread. Once members vote on the debates, they will put their names next to the debates. The members who voted most at the end of the month will be prized.

lol, so you basically want to clear out the voting thread, mandate that everyone send YOU their unvoted debates, and then you post the links in the same voting thread? Thats such a pointless and inefficient insertion of the presidency into site affairs that the only reason someone would want to implement such a process is to make themselves as president feel important, when in reality they are just getting in the way and making everything worse. If this is the centerpiece of your campaign that is your #1 issue, then your entire candidacy will be complete trash.

#2:Voting Requirements Reform
The system above will work

It wont. It will fail tremendously.

but in order to make the voters be able to analyze the debate and vote well, we will have new requirements which I will try to push forward as president. So lets begin. Now, for a good RFD, one must simply list the unrefuted points of each side. The voter than has to provide the key points of each side of the argument. Afterwards, a voter will be required to provide tips on improvements for both debaters.

Lol. Your solution to try to get more votes on debates would in fact do the exact opposite by requiring voters to provide tips on how both sides can do better for their votes to even count. Not only would you be preventing people to be able to post their debates to get voted on, you would suppress voting itself with such a pointless expansion of requirements for votes to be allowed.

#3:Forum Revival Effort

In addition, we will combine forum topics such as science, tech and health. Also religion, politics and society.

^ This right here demonstrates just how much you have absolutely no idea what you are talking about...... The President is in no way capable of merging forums together, even MODS cant do that. The fact that this is even a part of your platform demonstrates that you have zero business being anywhere even NEAR the presidency, both in this election, and the next 2 elections after that.

#4:DDO's Other Areas
So... DDO is a community which must become larger and larger on a daily basis. Why not do something that promotes us? DDO must have or even enter writing contests monthly. Our site needs something new and this will be the new things I will implement. DDO does need events to allow members to practice their writing skills on DDO and as president, this is one of the first things I will do.

Half of your platform is full of crap like this where you say "DDO needs to do this, as preisdent, I will do it"..... DDO doesnt need to enter writing competitions, and as president you have 0 ability or authority to enforce that DDO members enter into writing competitions. You dont even specify where these writing competitions are, which only testifies to how bad this platform is.

#5:Mafia Reforms
On DDO, I want to implement something that will allow 2 or 3 mafia games to run simultaneously as oppose to one.

Anyone who knows anything about mafia knows why this is a bad idea. The more games you have going on, the more fatigued players get, and the less likely people want to play. Its exactly what happened with writing fanfictions around here, you saturate the site with them and then they die out.

Your plan to improve mafia would in fact have the exact opposite effect.

#6:Contact With The Community
As mentioned and discussed in the philosophy, we want the community to be in charge of Debate.Org. How? In every decision we make, we will look for feedback from you. We will see what most of the members think of the update and depends on the feedback, we will make change. In addition, whenever we see enhancement suggestions, the presidency will look into the tip and if logical and possible, we will do what we can to make it part of the DDO rules and make it part of the way we run.

This is the most generic crap ever included in a platform that ive seen. Its basically a "We will do whatever you want just plz vote for me or else I'll cri :("... If youre platform includes a pillar about 'listening to the members', then youve really run out of ideas for your platform to begin with.

#7:Advisory Panel
Despite our efforts to communicate with the people, we will uphold the idea of the advisory panel. I will find a crew of 10-20 members to help make the decisions and communicate with the other site members. The advisory panel will be a prominent aspect of my presidency.

If you need a dozen or more people to help you be president, a borderline useless position to begin with, then you must be a god-awful president.
Kevin24018 : "He's just so mean it makes me want to ball up my fists and stamp on the ground"
Geogeer: "Nobody is dumb enough to become my protege."

7/14/16 = The Presidency Dies

DDO: THE MOVIE = http://www.debate.org...
http://www.debate.org...

VP of DDO from Dec 14th 2014 to Jan 1st 2015
SeventhProfessor
Posts: 5,087
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
3/25/2016 6:03:01 PM
Posted: 8 months ago
At 3/25/2016 5:52:33 PM, imabench wrote:
At 3/25/2016 3:38:57 PM, Forever23 wrote:
#5:Mafia Reforms
On DDO, I want to implement something that will allow 2 or 3 mafia games to run simultaneously as oppose to one.

Anyone who knows anything about mafia knows why this is a bad idea. The more games you have going on, the more fatigued players get, and the less likely people want to play. Its exactly what happened with writing fanfictions around here, you saturate the site with them and then they die out.

Anyone who plays mafia also knows that two games are already allowed to run simultaneously
#UnbanTheMadman

#StandWithBossy

#BetOnThett

"bossy r u like 85 years old and have lost ur mind"
~mysteriouscrystals

"I've honestly never seen seventh post anything that wasn't completely idiotic in a trying-to-be-funny way."
~F-16

https://docs.google.com...
imabench
Posts: 21,220
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
3/25/2016 6:12:47 PM
Posted: 8 months ago
At 3/25/2016 6:03:01 PM, SeventhProfessor wrote:
At 3/25/2016 5:52:33 PM, imabench wrote:
At 3/25/2016 3:38:57 PM, Forever23 wrote:
#5:Mafia Reforms
On DDO, I want to implement something that will allow 2 or 3 mafia games to run simultaneously as oppose to one.

Anyone who knows anything about mafia knows why this is a bad idea. The more games you have going on, the more fatigued players get, and the less likely people want to play. Its exactly what happened with writing fanfictions around here, you saturate the site with them and then they die out.

Anyone who plays mafia also knows that two games are already allowed to run simultaneously

I suppose if I played mafia at all I might have known that, but tbh I just glanced at the games forum and saw that Beginner 44 just had its endgame and the rest of the threads were signup sheets, making me think that a 1-game limit might actually be the case XD
Kevin24018 : "He's just so mean it makes me want to ball up my fists and stamp on the ground"
Geogeer: "Nobody is dumb enough to become my protege."

7/14/16 = The Presidency Dies

DDO: THE MOVIE = http://www.debate.org...
http://www.debate.org...

VP of DDO from Dec 14th 2014 to Jan 1st 2015
lannan13
Posts: 23,075
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
3/25/2016 6:27:41 PM
Posted: 8 months ago
At 3/25/2016 3:38:57 PM, Forever23 wrote:
So hey again! Aloha DDO! So, in the last thread I made, may people wondered what I am going to do as prez so as I said, my next thread will be about that. This is my next thread so lets begin by saying why I decided to run.

Well, since last I was on DDO and even now, I noticed some problems in things such as voting, forum posting and even the activity on this site.

Firstly,

Philosophy

So? Let me summarize my premises. I believe that DDO should be something in the hands of the members, not only the president. We and you should be the ones making the decision, reviving forums, voting. The prez should not be doing all the work and that is something my presidency will achieve. This site should not be a drag. It should not be a place where members just cant find a way to join a mafia game. DDO should not be a place where people are not able to discuss the arts, economics, society or policies.

DDO was created to be a place to learn to debate, to discuss topics, become more intelligent. And that is what my campaign is for. But dont get me wrong, I dont want to return Debate.Org to something that was once know as it's Golden Era. I want this site to evolve. We must pass the past and make changes for the future and aim for a NEW DDO, not look and hunt for the past.

People and potential presidents such as Donald Keller and TUF and many more want DDO to be something that it was before. But old members are not here, new members are. So... we must steer the wheels of progress on our website and make it not into something that it was before, but into something new.

How is this philosophy any different then the bsh1 Administration which many people are looking at as a failure. When we even extend this we can see that others are starting to move away from this philosophy to focus on other areas. If you are truly going for this, the question stands of why. I really don't see how this portion is relivant . This is also very generic as many and almost every political movement on DDO has done something generic like this.

You've been here for only 5 months. How could you know anything of what DDO use to be or just how DDO should be. If you just want to move to a new DDO then this is something that will loose you an election. This is DDO and not just some Club Pengiun like site. We are here to debate and discuss topics, exposing ourselves to different philosophies. If we continue down this road we will see more prominant members leave the site as they have done in the past due to the changes in several policies that ruin the fun of the site. DDO is starting to turn into a site where if you don't agree with a vote on one of your debates you could report it so you can win your debate. If someone dislikes your posts then they will report you or do what they can to get you punished. We have several members on this site, you know who you are, that use their "friendships" or "connections" with mods or people of higher standings to get this kind of thing across. This very thing is ruining DDO straight into the ground and just turning it into a "safe-space" ran by a bunch of whinners. No I'm not talking about the moderators, but many members here who want to raise hell just to see DDO burn.

Honnest, what is your vision of DDO? You want to make it new, but you don't tell us how this new really is.

Part 1
-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-Lannan13'S SIGNATURE-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-

If the sky's the limit then why do we have footprints on the Moon? I'm shooting my aspirations for the stars.

"If you are going through hell, keep going." "Sir Winston Churchill

"No one can make you feel inferior without your consent." "Eleanor Roosevelt

Topics I want to debate. (http://tinyurl.com...)
-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~
lannan13
Posts: 23,075
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
3/25/2016 6:40:31 PM
Posted: 8 months ago
At 3/25/2016 3:38:57 PM, Forever23 wrote:
The Premises

So here are some reforms that we are working on:

#1: Voting Amount Reform
So, our position on the voting reform is complicated but after we have all grasped its contents, it will be working more efficiently than ever before. How? Well, firstly we must completely clear out the voting thread. The members will then message me the links of debates they need voted on. I or a members of the voting committee which I will choose will post the links daily in the thread. Once members vote on the debates, they will put their names next to the debates. The members who voted most at the end of the month will be prized.

This is completely bogus and already happens in the status quo. Every now and then Max clears out that thread. On top of that we already have a Voters Union that does this exact thing. As President you would be getting a ton of messages and really would get to the point where you're appathetic on voting and DDO, by your policies, would parish even further thanks to you. Do you really want that on your conscious. You've also been banned and have left the site many times, what's there to say that it won't occur again. If it does, you yourself will be killing DDO. Is this your "New DDO."



#2:Voting Requirements Reform
The system above will work but in order to make the voters be able to analyze the debate and vote well, we will have new requirements which I will try to push forward as president. So lets begin. Now, for a good RFD, one must simply list the unrefuted points of each side. The voter than has to provide the key points of each side of the argument. Afterwards, a voter will be required to provide tips on improvements for both debaters. About FF. FF will result in automatic loss of the conduct point. But if forfeiter still has more convincing arguments, he can win.

This is also a bogus policy. What happens if it's a debate like Whiteflame vs. bsh1? The debate each side will have refuted all of the arguments, no forfeits, and really no tips needed? This would mean that your vote wouldn't mean squat as you couldn't even vote by your own standards. This would discourage other users that are the most prominate on the site from debating causing an exodus of users much like the one that occurred in 2013.

#3:Forum Revival Effort
So, here is the plan. We believe that members should get feedback not only on DDO posts but on the other forums to. So, we will initiate forum revival effort. We will encourage new threads and posts to be created on the forums such as arts, economics, policy, society and philosophy. DDO should have a learning environment where members are able to have extremely serious discussions. So, people of the commitee will be assigned to the revival effort. We will sticky many of the threads to make the discussions filled and popular.

This is already done under the status quo.

In addition, we will combine forum topics such as science, tech and health. Also religion, politics and society.

Doing that would create a sh*t storm. Do you know how hard it is already to go through some of these threads? You really want to morph these together? This would destroy the site. You would also need Juggle to do this. Juggle really hasn't been around for sometime to help DDO for anything but fixing bugs. What makes you think that you can get this done?

#4:DDO's Other Areas
So... DDO is a community which must become larger and larger on a daily basis. Why not do something that promotes us? DDO must have or even enter writing contests monthly. Our site needs something new and this will be the new things I will implement. DDO does need events to allow members to practice their writing skills on DDO and as president, this is one of the first things I will do.

We've done this before, but people decided to have not do it anymore to the point Juggle took it off the front page.

#5:Mafia Reforms
On DDO, I want to implement something that will allow 2 or 3 mafia games to run simultaneously as oppose to one. The mafia games are all of differents sizes and have different member amounts so why not have seperated host lists? Once list will be for the mini games consistting of 5-14 members. The large games will be 15-24 members. In order to keep the games running well, there will be a player limit of 24. We want mafia games running smoothly and a way to do that is by doing a player limit and preventing mod kills. Most importantly, I will the working with those in charge of beginner series to provide reforms on how to run the beginner series which educate the new players.

None of this is feasable. You can't prevant modkills. DDO games are already restricted by the existaning knowledge that you can't have to many games going on at once. These mini games occur all the time from Fate games to game tournaments. With your level of mafia expierence, what makes you think that you can dictate what goes on with mafia games? Have you even modded a game of mafia?

Part 2
-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-Lannan13'S SIGNATURE-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-

If the sky's the limit then why do we have footprints on the Moon? I'm shooting my aspirations for the stars.

"If you are going through hell, keep going." "Sir Winston Churchill

"No one can make you feel inferior without your consent." "Eleanor Roosevelt

Topics I want to debate. (http://tinyurl.com...)
-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~
XLAV
Posts: 13,715
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
3/25/2016 6:56:26 PM
Posted: 8 months ago
You don't have enough experience in DDO to know how or what to improve in DDO. In fact you don't even have enough experience to know exactly what the problems of DDO are.
Forever23
Posts: 988
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
3/26/2016 9:51:12 PM
Posted: 8 months ago
At 3/25/2016 5:52:33 PM, imabench wrote:
At 3/25/2016 3:38:57 PM, Forever23 wrote:

Your entire platform is one of the most generic, bland, and pointless presidential platforms i've ever seen..... It looks exactly like the kind of platform someone throws together in a couple of minutes, and then decides to run on simply to increase their own recognition on the site. The parts of your platform that you try to make original ideas only stand as a testament to how ignorant you are about how almost everything on this site works.

First of all, I dont get how moving on from "old" to "new" is pointless. Many old members have gone. We all know, Its time to move on and my platform encourages that. We need someone of "fresh blood" to be president. Someone who knows a lot about newer members, those who make up most of DDO, needs to be president. We cant be nostalgic for the past, Its time to deal with the fact that old DDO will never come back.

.

Literally all of the 'problems' you think plagues the site are problems that dont even exist in the first place. This passage alone stands as a testament to how little you know about the site, and why you will likely get zero support if you try to run on it.

So few votes are not a problem that plagues us? Messed up mafia isnt one either? Talk to me imabench. Tell me what you call a problem.


You know when candidates just spew random sentences out of their mouths on television to try to make themselves seem like they have deep knowledge of the problems people are facing, when in reality they just make themselves look like bumbling fools who are talking just because they like to hear themselves talk? This passage above is an example of one of those. All you are doing is rambling on and on about nonsense, which reflects your entire platform ironically since its rambling nonsense.

My entire platform is about having a new DDO. Once again, I dont see how you think that is useless and pointless.

#1: Voting Amount Reform
So, our position on the voting reform is complicated but after we have all grasped its contents, it will be working more efficiently than ever before. How? Well, firstly we must completely clear out the voting thread. The members will then message me the links of debates they need voted on. I or a members of the voting committee which I will choose will post the links daily in the thread. Once members vote on the debates, they will put their names next to the debates. The members who voted most at the end of the month will be prized.

lol, so you basically want to clear out the voting thread, mandate that everyone send YOU their unvoted debates, and then you post the links in the same voting thread? Thats such a pointless and inefficient insertion of the presidency into site affairs that the only reason someone would want to implement such a process is to make themselves as president feel important, when in reality they are just getting in the way and making everything worse. If this is the centerpiece of your campaign that is your #1 issue, then your entire candidacy will be complete trash.

Ive been on DDO for 4 months. Max does clear out that thread. But never completely. In addition, we wont just clear it out. If we do, itll get spammed up all over again. Many people will post 1 link per post. If I get like 10, Ill post them in one post. Itll be like the successful voters union, only site wide.

#2:Voting Requirements Reform
The system above will work

It wont. It will fail tremendously.

but in order to make the voters be able to analyze the debate and vote well, we will have new requirements which I will try to push forward as president. So lets begin. Now, for a good RFD, one must simply list the unrefuted points of each side. The voter than has to provide the key points of each side of the argument. Afterwards, a voter will be required to provide tips on improvements for both debaters.

Lol. Your solution to try to get more votes on debates would in fact do the exact opposite by requiring voters to provide tips on how both sides can do better for their votes to even count. Not only would you be preventing people to be able to post their debates to get voted on, you would suppress voting itself with such a pointless expansion of requirements for votes to be allowed.

I doubt that one or so tip will ever cause voting results to go down.

#3:Forum Revival Effort

In addition, we will combine forum topics such as science, tech and health. Also religion, politics and society.

^ This right here demonstrates just how much you have absolutely no idea what you are talking about...... The President is in no way capable of merging forums together, even MODS cant do that. The fact that this is even a part of your platform demonstrates that you have zero business being anywhere even NEAR the presidency, both in this election, and the next 2 elections after that.

Mods can delete forums. Then, they can just create one title where all topics from the old ones will be posted.

#4:DDO's Other Areas


Half of your platform is full of crap like this where you say "DDO needs to do this, as preisdent, I will do it"..... DDO doesnt need to enter writing competitions, and as president you have 0 ability or authority to enforce that DDO members enter into writing competitions. You dont even specify where these writing competitions are, which only testifies to how bad this platform is.

Theyll of course be optional xD

#5:Mafia Reforms
On DDO, I want to implement something that will allow 2 or 3 mafia games to run simultaneously as oppose to one.

Anyone who knows anything about mafia knows why this is a bad idea. The more games you have going on, the more fatigued players get, and the less likely people want to play. Its exactly what happened with writing fanfictions around here, you saturate the site with them and then they die out.

Is fan fic like mafia? People cant get fatigued of an online game. If they believe they wont have time to play, they dont have to sign up.

Your plan to improve mafia would in fact have the exact opposite effect.

#6:Contact With The Community
As mentioned and discussed in the philosophy, we want the community to be in charge of Debate.Org. How? In every decision we make, we will look for feedback from you. We will see what most of the members think of the update and depends on the feedback, we will make change. In addition, whenever we see enhancement suggestions, the presidency will look into the tip and if logical and possible, we will do what we can to make it part of the DDO rules and make it part of the way we run.

This is the most generic crap ever included in a platform that ive seen. Its basically a "We will do whatever you want just plz vote for me or else I'll cri :("... If youre platform includes a pillar about 'listening to the members', then youve really run out of ideas for your platform to begin with.

No. The reason for presidency is to help the site and its members. I have ideas but I dont just want to enforce them. I want the members to decide and enforce them.

#7:Advisory Panel
Despite our efforts to communicate with the people, we will uphold the idea of the advisory panel. I will find a crew of 10-20 members to help make the decisions and communicate with the other site members. The advisory panel will be a prominent aspect of my presidency.

If you need a dozen or more people to help you be president, a borderline useless position to begin with, then you must be a god-awful president.

Once again, change will be made and the people will help with generating ideas and getting members feed
Forever23
Posts: 988
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
3/26/2016 10:30:38 PM
Posted: 8 months ago
At 3/25/2016 6:27:41 PM, lannan13 wrote:
At 3/25/2016 3:38:57 PM, Forever23 wrote:
So hey again! Aloha DDO! So, in the last thread I made, may people wondered what I am going to do as prez so as I said, my next thread will be about that. This is my next thread so lets begin by saying why I decided to run.

Well, since last I was on DDO and even now, I noticed some problems in things such as voting, forum posting and even the activity on this site.

Firstly,

Philosophy

So? Let me summarize my premises. I believe that DDO should be something in the hands of the members, not only the president. We and you should be the ones making the decision, reviving forums, voting. The prez should not be doing all the work and that is something my presidency will achieve. This site should not be a drag. It should not be a place where members just cant find a way to join a mafia game. DDO should not be a place where people are not able to discuss the arts, economics, society or policies.

DDO was created to be a place to learn to debate, to discuss topics, become more intelligent. And that is what my campaign is for. But dont get me wrong, I dont want to return Debate.Org to something that was once know as it's Golden Era. I want this site to evolve. We must pass the past and make changes for the future and aim for a NEW DDO, not look and hunt for the past.

People and potential presidents such as Donald Keller and TUF and many more want DDO to be something that it was before. But old members are not here, new members are. So... we must steer the wheels of progress on our website and make it not into something that it was before, but into something new.

How is this philosophy any different then the bsh1 Administration which many people are looking at as a failure. When we even extend this we can see that others are starting to move away from this philosophy to focus on other areas. If you are truly going for this, the question stands of why. I really don't see how this portion is relivant . This is also very generic as many and almost every political movement on DDO has done something generic like this.

You've been here for only 5 months. How could you know anything of what DDO use to be or just how DDO should be. If you just want to move to a new DDO then this is something that will loose you an election. This is DDO and not just some Club Pengiun like site. We are here to debate and discuss topics, exposing ourselves to different philosophies. If we continue down this road we will see more prominant members leave the site as they have done in the past due to the changes in several policies that ruin the fun of the site. DDO is starting to turn into a site where if you don't agree with a vote on one of your debates you could report it so you can win your debate. If someone dislikes your posts then they will report you or do what they can to get you punished. We have several members on this site, you know who you are, that use their "friendships" or "connections" with mods or people of higher standings to get this kind of thing across. This very thing is ruining DDO straight into the ground and just turning it into a "safe-space" ran by a bunch of whinners. No I'm not talking about the moderators, but many members here who want to raise hell just to see DDO burn.


Honnest, what is your vision of DDO? You want to make it new, but you don't tell us how this new really is.

Part 1

My vision? I want DDO to be a place where votes are objective. Where bad ones are deleted and good votes stay. I want people to vote. With first seeing unrefuted points and if all refuted, seeing argument strength. We need a DDO where voters are not suppressed by strict guidelines but have 2 basic things to judge. I want to see forums like Art, History, Science revived, making room for discussion. There are many things I could list:
1. Mafia reforms
2. Voting
Also community feed. I want the members to decide what happens. Thats my key policy.
Forever23
Posts: 988
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
3/26/2016 10:36:18 PM
Posted: 8 months ago
At 3/25/2016 6:40:31 PM, lannan13 wrote:
At 3/25/2016 3:38:57 PM, Forever23 wrote:
The Premises

So here are some reforms that we are working on:

#1: Voting Amount Reform
So, our position on the voting reform is complicated but after we have all grasped its contents, it will be working more efficiently than ever before. How? Well, firstly we must completely clear out the voting thread. The members will then message me the links of debates they need voted on. I or a members of the voting committee which I will choose will post the links daily in the thread. Once members vote on the debates, they will put their names next to the debates. The members who voted most at the end of the month will be prized.

This is completely bogus and already happens in the status quo. Every now and then Max clears out that thread. On top of that we already have a Voters Union that does this exact thing. As President you would be getting a ton of messages and really would get to the point where you're appathetic on voting and DDO, by your policies, would parish even further thanks to you. Do you really want that on your conscious. You've also been banned and have left the site many times, what's there to say that it won't occur again. If it does, you yourself will be killing DDO. Is this your "New DDO."

Max never does fully clear it out. I will simply do complete empty voting thread and post some links daily. Itll be like the successful Voters Union. Only site wide.



#2:Voting Requirements Reform
The system above will work but in order to make the voters be able to analyze the debate and vote well, we will have new requirements which I will try to push forward as president. So lets begin. Now, for a good RFD, one must simply list the unrefuted points of each side. The voter than has to provide the key points of each side of the argument. Afterwards, a voter will be required to provide tips on improvements for both debaters. About FF. FF will result in automatic loss of the conduct point. But if forfeiter still has more convincing arguments, he can win.

This is also a bogus policy. What happens if it's a debate like Whiteflame vs. bsh1? The debate each side will have refuted all of the arguments, no forfeits, and really no tips needed? This would mean that your vote wouldn't mean squat as you couldn't even vote by your own standards. This would discourage other users that are the most prominate on the site from debating causing an exodus of users much like the one that occurred in 2013.

As I said, the first criteria will be refuted arguments. Next, case strength. There is ALWAYS room for improvement. Even bsh and flame can get better.

#3:Forum Revival Effort
So, here is the plan. We believe that members should get feedback not only on DDO posts but on the other forums to. So, we will initiate forum revival effort. We will encourage new threads and posts to be created on the forums such as arts, economics, policy, society and philosophy. DDO should have a learning environment where members are able to have extremely serious discussions. So, people of the commitee will be assigned to the revival effort. We will sticky many of the threads to make the discussions filled and popular.

This is already done under the status quo.

Tell me how much that works lannan

In addition, we will combine forum topics such as science, tech and health. Also religion, politics and society.

Doing that would create a sh*t storm. Do you know how hard it is already to go through some of these threads? You really want to morph these together? This would destroy the site. You would also need Juggle to do this. Juggle really hasn't been around for sometime to help DDO for anything but fixing bugs. What makes you think that you can get this done?

Yes, the topics will come together. The topics are very, very similar. So tell me, why not combine them? Itll cause more activity... Itll strengthen the site and create more little communities based on common interest.

#4:DDO's Other Areas
So... DDO is a community which must become larger and larger on a daily basis. Why not do something that promotes us? DDO must have or even enter writing contests monthly. Our site needs something new and this will be the new things I will implement. DDO does need events to allow members to practice their writing skills on DDO and as president, this is one of the first things I will do.

We've done this before, but people decided to have not do it anymore to the point Juggle took it off the front page.

That doesnt prohibit us from doing it...

#5:Mafia Reforms
On DDO, I want to implement something that will allow 2 or 3 mafia games to run simultaneously as oppose to one. The mafia games are all of differents sizes and have different member amounts so why not have seperated host lists? Once list will be for the mini games consistting of 5-14 members. The large games will be 15-24 members. In order to keep the games running well, there will be a player limit of 24. We want mafia games running smoothly and a way to do that is by doing a player limit and preventing mod kills. Most importantly, I will the working with those in charge of beginner series to provide reforms on how to run the beginner series which educate the new players.

None of this is feasable. You can't prevant modkills. DDO games are already restricted by the existaning knowledge that you can't have to many games going on at once. These mini games occur all the time from Fate games to game tournaments. With your level of mafia expierence, what makes you think that you can dictate what goes on with mafia games? Have you even modded a game of mafia?

Smaller games= less modkills. Very few games are hosted with 5 or 7 players. Why? Because its an unnoficial law for more than 14 players. Mini game will give us that opportunity. It cant dictate but with less spots to fill and games taking shorter time... I have modded a beginner series. So yes.

Part 2
imabench
Posts: 21,220
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
3/26/2016 10:52:10 PM
Posted: 8 months ago
Its time to move on and my platform encourages that

No it doesnt. your platform implements a bunch of needless and pointless changes that are both stupid and counterproductive to making the site work.

We need someone of "fresh blood" to be president. Someone who knows a lot about newer members

You dont know ANYTHING about new members though. You dont even know how the site works itself.

Talk to me imabench. Tell me what you call a problem.

Its not my job to make your trashy platform better.

My entire platform is about having a new DDO

Disrupting the few parts of DDO that are still functioning doesnt equal making a new DDO, it means breaking it.

Many people will post 1 link per post. If I get like 10, Ill post them in one post.

Unless you dont log on for a day, or are tired, or someone really needs last minute votes because the debate is about to end. You putting yourself in the way of members being able to post their debates to get votes is just symbolic for how you want all the attention and want the presidency to give yourself more attention.

I doubt that one tip or so will ever cause voting results to go down.

That is because you dont know anything about how this site works. People already have to post paragraphs in order to have their votes stand on debates. Requiring people to mentor the people on each side only places more of a burden to vote, which will disicentivize people to actually go vote on debates.

Mods can delete forums. Then, they can just create one title where all topics from the old ones will be posted.

Are you mentally ill or are you actually just 12?

Is fan fic like mafia? People cant get fatigued of an online game

Yep, youre definitely 12

I have ideas but I dont just want to enforce them

THEN THAT MEANS YOU ONLY ARE DOING THIS FOR THE ATTENTION #CaseClosed
Kevin24018 : "He's just so mean it makes me want to ball up my fists and stamp on the ground"
Geogeer: "Nobody is dumb enough to become my protege."

7/14/16 = The Presidency Dies

DDO: THE MOVIE = http://www.debate.org...
http://www.debate.org...

VP of DDO from Dec 14th 2014 to Jan 1st 2015
imabench
Posts: 21,220
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
3/26/2016 11:00:40 PM
Posted: 8 months ago
Oh wait on that last one I thought you said that you have ideas but that you -- just dont -- want to enforce them, not that you -- dont just -- want to enforce them
Kevin24018 : "He's just so mean it makes me want to ball up my fists and stamp on the ground"
Geogeer: "Nobody is dumb enough to become my protege."

7/14/16 = The Presidency Dies

DDO: THE MOVIE = http://www.debate.org...
http://www.debate.org...

VP of DDO from Dec 14th 2014 to Jan 1st 2015
Forever23
Posts: 988
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
3/26/2016 11:15:15 PM
Posted: 8 months ago
At 3/26/2016 10:52:10 PM, imabench wrote:
Its time to move on and my platform encourages that

No it doesnt. your platform implements a bunch of needless and pointless changes that are both stupid and counterproductive to making the site work.

These changes are an encouragement to vote, play mafia, host mafia, be fair. Guess what? Its hard to face this but DDO is not what it was 4 years ago. We need someone who fits DDOs current situation.

We need someone of "fresh blood" to be president. Someone who knows a lot about newer members

You dont know ANYTHING about new members though. You dont even know how the site works itself.

xD. That was the stupidest claim. I am a NEW MEMBER. I know what challenges I faced when I got there and I know why so many leave.

Talk to me imabench. Tell me what you call a problem.

Its not my job to make your trashy platform better.

xD. You dont know what problems DDO has.

My entire platform is about having a new DDO

Disrupting the few parts of DDO that are still functioning doesnt equal making a new DDO, it means breaking it.

Im making a new better DDO. All you have here is a list of unsubstantiated claims in order to prevent me from running.

Many people will post 1 link per post. If I get like 10, Ill post them in one post.

Unless you dont log on for a day, or are tired, or someone really needs last minute votes because the debate is about to end. You putting yourself in the way of members being able to post their debates to get votes is just symbolic for how you want all the attention and want the presidency to give yourself more attention.

No. I log on daily xD. Posting on the thread freely spams it and blocks clean communication. Theres 1200 posts there for a reason. I dont want attention. I want a better site. Theres a reason I came back. Theres a reason Im in this race. I want to make DDO better.

I doubt that one tip or so will ever cause voting results to go down.

That is because you dont know anything about how this site works. People already have to post paragraphs in order to have their votes stand on debates. Requiring people to mentor the people on each side only places more of a burden to vote, which will disicentivize people to actually go vote on debates.

I AM a voter. I AM one of the fresh blood members. I will abolish paragraphs. A good vote will just list unrefuted arguments and a tip for both. 3 sentences. Literally. If all points are refuted, simple case comparison. 5 sentences. Its an improvement over writing 3 pages of google docs.

Mods can delete forums. Then, they can just create one title where all topics from the old ones will be posted.

Are you mentally ill or are you actually just 12?

None :)

Is fan fic like mafia? People cant get fatigued of an online game

Yep, youre definitely 12

Nope :) There will be smaller games which will take less time and not so exhausting as the larger games. If someone doesnt want to enter, they can take a break or enter fewer games.

I have ideas but I dont just want to enforce them

THEN THAT MEANS YOU ONLY ARE DOING THIS FOR THE ATTENTION #CaseClosed

All you have in your whole critique is foolish conclusion, unsubstantiated claims. Do you even read what I answer? All you have to offer is a hash tag. If you want reforms... Go for it, run.
Forever23
Posts: 988
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
3/26/2016 11:25:06 PM
Posted: 8 months ago
At 3/26/2016 11:22:00 PM, Mikal wrote:
This has to be an old member trolling

xD I joined 5 months ago... Old wouldnt describe me being here
Mikal
Posts: 11,270
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
3/26/2016 11:33:32 PM
Posted: 8 months ago
At 3/26/2016 11:25:06 PM, Forever23 wrote:
At 3/26/2016 11:22:00 PM, Mikal wrote:
This has to be an old member trolling

xD I joined 5 months ago... Old wouldnt describe me being here

askbob is that you
imabench
Posts: 21,220
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
3/26/2016 11:50:48 PM
Posted: 8 months ago
At 3/26/2016 11:15:15 PM, Forever23 wrote:
At 3/26/2016 10:52:10 PM, imabench wrote:
Its time to move on and my platform encourages that

No it doesnt. your platform implements a bunch of needless and pointless changes that are both stupid and counterproductive to making the site work.

These changes are an encouragement to vote, play mafia, host mafia, be fair.

And what they would actually achieve is the exact opposite

We need someone of "fresh blood" to be president. Someone who knows a lot about newer members

You dont know ANYTHING about new members though. You dont even know how the site works itself.

xD. That was the stupidest claim. I am a NEW MEMBER. I know what challenges I faced when I got there and I know why so many leave.

Clearly you dont, because your policies would only push more people to leave, not to stay

Talk to me imabench. Tell me what you call a problem.

Its not my job to make your trashy platform better.

xD. You dont know what problems DDO has.

Im pretty sure I do since I actually have people who pledged to vote for me, whereas you only have people thinking youre dumb xD

My entire platform is about having a new DDO

Disrupting the few parts of DDO that are still functioning doesnt equal making a new DDO, it means breaking it.

Im making a new better DDO. All you have here is a list of unsubstantiated claims in order to prevent me from running.

Even if you are running I dont have to worry about you since no one will vote for you. Im just pointing out your platform is trash for the sake of pointing out why its trash

Many people will post 1 link per post. If I get like 10, Ill post them in one post.

Unless you dont log on for a day, or are tired, or someone really needs last minute votes because the debate is about to end. You putting yourself in the way of members being able to post their debates to get votes is just symbolic for how you want all the attention and want the presidency to give yourself more attention.

No. I log on daily xD. Posting on the thread freely spams it and blocks clean communication. Theres 1200 posts there for a reason. I dont want attention. I want a better site. Theres a reason I came back. Theres a reason Im in this race. I want to make DDO better.

Yet not a single one of your proposals would actually make it better. In fact each one of them is either generic bs, or would make the site worse.

I doubt that one tip or so will ever cause voting results to go down.

That is because you dont know anything about how this site works. People already have to post paragraphs in order to have their votes stand on debates. Requiring people to mentor the people on each side only places more of a burden to vote, which will disicentivize people to actually go vote on debates.

I AM a voter.

You havent voted in over 2 months, liar http://www.debate.org...

Mods can delete forums. Then, they can just create one title where all topics from the old ones will be posted.

Are you mentally ill or are you actually just 12?

None :)

Clearly you are one of them since mods arent capable of deleting entire forums, and only a mentally ill person would think that the mods should copy-paste threads into the correct categories.

Is fan fic like mafia? People cant get fatigued of an online game

Yep, youre definitely 12

Nope :)

Yep :) No one who is over 20 could be as naive as you about.... Well anything

All you have in your whole critique is foolish conclusion, unsubstantiated claims. Do you even read what I answer? All you have to offer is a hash tag. If you want reforms... Go for it, run.

I am running. This just proves you have no idea whats going on on the site around you
Kevin24018 : "He's just so mean it makes me want to ball up my fists and stamp on the ground"
Geogeer: "Nobody is dumb enough to become my protege."

7/14/16 = The Presidency Dies

DDO: THE MOVIE = http://www.debate.org...
http://www.debate.org...

VP of DDO from Dec 14th 2014 to Jan 1st 2015
Rosalie
Posts: 4,612
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
3/26/2016 11:54:22 PM
Posted: 8 months ago
Could you all just get along? Peace, love and joy, bruh.
" We need more videos of cat's playing the piano on the internet" - My art professor.

"Criticism is easier to take when you realize that the only people who aren't criticized are those who don't take risks." - Donald Trump

Officially Mrs. 16Kadams 8-30-16
imabench
Posts: 21,220
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
3/27/2016 12:02:58 AM
Posted: 8 months ago
At 3/26/2016 11:54:22 PM, Rosalie wrote:
Could you all just get along? Peace, love and joy, bruh.

no
Kevin24018 : "He's just so mean it makes me want to ball up my fists and stamp on the ground"
Geogeer: "Nobody is dumb enough to become my protege."

7/14/16 = The Presidency Dies

DDO: THE MOVIE = http://www.debate.org...
http://www.debate.org...

VP of DDO from Dec 14th 2014 to Jan 1st 2015
Forever23
Posts: 988
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
3/27/2016 5:00:44 PM
Posted: 8 months ago
At 3/26/2016 11:50:48 PM, imabench wrote:
At 3/26/2016 11:15:15 PM, Forever23 wrote:
At 3/26/2016 10:52:10 PM, imabench wrote:
Its time to move on and my platform encourages that

No it doesnt. your platform implements a bunch of needless and pointless changes that are both stupid and counterproductive to making the site work.

These changes are an encouragement to vote, play mafia, host mafia, be fair.

And what they would actually achieve is the exact opposite

My plans are well thought out. You have NOTHING to support the fact that the changes will fail.

We need someone of "fresh blood" to be president. Someone who knows a lot about newer members

You dont know ANYTHING about new members though. You dont even know how the site works itself.

xD. That was the stupidest claim. I am a NEW MEMBER. I know what challenges I faced when I got there and I know why so many leave.

Clearly you dont, because your policies would only push more people to leave, not to stay

As a new member, it is tough for me to register for mafia sometimes, to vote since its to much work. Thats what I will work to change and reform.

Talk to me imabench. Tell me what you call a problem.

Its not my job to make your trashy platform better.

xD. You dont know what problems DDO has.

Im pretty sure I do since I actually have people who pledged to vote for me, whereas you only have people thinking youre dumb xD

I would love to see your reforms link!

My entire platform is about having a new DDO

Disrupting the few parts of DDO that are still functioning doesnt equal making a new DDO, it means breaking it.

Im making a new better DDO. All you have here is a list of unsubstantiated claims in order to prevent me from running.

Even if you are running I dont have to worry about you since no one will vote for you. Im just pointing out your platform is trash for the sake of pointing out why its trash

How is it trash? Youre saying its trash but never giving any evidence. How can you run? Wasnt there a problem when you were VP?

Many people will post 1 link per post. If I get like 10, Ill post them in one post.

Unless you dont log on for a day, or are tired, or someone really needs last minute votes because the debate is about to end. You putting yourself in the way of members being able to post their debates to get votes is just symbolic for how you want all the attention and want the presidency to give yourself more attention.

No. I log on daily xD. Posting on the thread freely spams it and blocks clean communication. Theres 1200 posts there for a reason. I dont want attention. I want a better site. Theres a reason I came back. Theres a reason Im in this race. I want to make DDO better.

Yet not a single one of your proposals would actually make it better. In fact each one of them is either generic bs, or would make the site worse

Thats irrelevant to what I just said and an unsubstantiated claim

I doubt that one tip or so will ever cause voting results to go down.

That is because you dont know anything about how this site works. People already have to post paragraphs in order to have their votes stand on debates. Requiring people to mentor the people on each side only places more of a burden to vote, which will disicentivize people to actually go vote on debates.

I AM a voter.

You havent voted in over 2 months, liar http://www.debate.org...

WHy? Its to much work. Im lessening the work with my policies.

Mods can delete forums. Then, they can just create one title where all topics from the old ones will be posted.

Are you mentally ill or are you actually just 12?

None :)

Clearly you are one of them since mods arent capable of deleting entire forums, and only a mentally ill person would think that the mods should copy-paste threads into the correct categories.

Yes. I want mods to completely WIPE OUT the forum and the threads inside. What we do is choose which forums to combine. Then completely delete the forum with less posts. The threads and posts are deleted with it. All topics that would have been posted in the deleted forums would be posted in the ones that stayed.

Is fan fic like mafia? People cant get fatigued of an online game

Yep, youre definitely 12

Nope :)


Yep :) No one who is over 20 could be as naive as you about.... Well anything

Not exactly naive deary. People could get tired of the game. But the mini games are shorter, they will run less. Plus, when one game is in the middle, another will have sign ups started. So 2 large and 2 mini running simultaneously.

All you have in your whole critique is foolish conclusion, unsubstantiated claims. Do you even read what I answer? All you have to offer is a hash tag. If you want reforms... Go for it, run.

I am running. This just proves you have no idea whats going on on the site around you

Can I have your running link?
Forever23
Posts: 988
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
3/27/2016 5:03:52 PM
Posted: 8 months ago
At 3/26/2016 11:33:32 PM, Mikal wrote:
At 3/26/2016 11:25:06 PM, Forever23 wrote:
At 3/26/2016 11:22:00 PM, Mikal wrote:
This has to be an old member trolling

xD I joined 5 months ago... Old wouldnt describe me being here

askbob is that you

Yep :)
imabench
Posts: 21,220
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
3/27/2016 10:28:15 PM
Posted: 8 months ago
At 3/27/2016 5:00:44 PM, Forever23 wrote:
At 3/26/2016 11:50:48 PM, imabench wrote:
At 3/26/2016 11:15:15 PM, Forever23 wrote:

These changes are an encouragement to vote, play mafia, host mafia, be fair.

And what they would actually achieve is the exact opposite

My plans are well thought out. You have NOTHING to support the fact that the changes will fail.

Common sense and logic prove that your changes will fail. You just dont accept it since mentally youre a child.

xD. That was the stupidest claim. I am a NEW MEMBER. I know what challenges I faced when I got there and I know why so many leave.

Clearly you dont, because your policies would only push more people to leave, not to stay

As a new member, it is tough for me to register for mafia sometimes, to vote since its to much work. Thats what I will work to change and reform.

By making it even tougher to cast votes by requiring voters to now give tips to both sides for how they can do better.

xD. You dont know what problems DDO has.

Im pretty sure I do since I actually have people who pledged to vote for me, whereas you only have people thinking youre dumb xD

I would love to see your reforms link!

If youre not even smart enough to find it by yourself then youre clearly not smart enough to be president....

Im making a new better DDO. All you have here is a list of unsubstantiated claims in order to prevent me from running.

Even if you are running I dont have to worry about you since no one will vote for you. Im just pointing out your platform is trash for the sake of pointing out why its trash

How is it trash?

I have already explained why its trash. You have an inability to read though.

No. I log on daily xD. Posting on the thread freely spams it and blocks clean communication. Theres 1200 posts there for a reason. I dont want attention. I want a better site. Theres a reason I came back. Theres a reason Im in this race. I want to make DDO better.

Yet not a single one of your proposals would actually make it better. In fact each one of them is either generic bs, or would make the site worse

Thats irrelevant to what I just said and an unsubstantiated claim

Its not unsubstantiated, you are just refusing to acknowledge that your platform is as clueless as you are.

I doubt that one tip or so will ever cause voting results to go down.

That is because you dont know anything about how this site works. People already have to post paragraphs in order to have their votes stand on debates. Requiring people to mentor the people on each side only places more of a burden to vote, which will disicentivize people to actually go vote on debates.

I AM a voter.

You havent voted in over 2 months, liar http://www.debate.org...

WHy? Its to much work. Im lessening the work with my policies.

Requiring voters to give tips to both sides MAKES IT HARDER. Do I have to write that down on a note and staple it to your forehead?

Yes. I want mods to completely WIPE OUT the forum and the threads inside. What we do is choose which forums to combine. Then completely delete the forum with less posts. The threads and posts are deleted with it. All topics that would have been posted in the deleted forums would be posted in the ones that stayed.

^ And this is why you are an idiot
Kevin24018 : "He's just so mean it makes me want to ball up my fists and stamp on the ground"
Geogeer: "Nobody is dumb enough to become my protege."

7/14/16 = The Presidency Dies

DDO: THE MOVIE = http://www.debate.org...
http://www.debate.org...

VP of DDO from Dec 14th 2014 to Jan 1st 2015
Jerry947
Posts: 778
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
3/28/2016 1:14:25 AM
Posted: 8 months ago
At 3/27/2016 10:28:15 PM, imabench wrote:
At 3/27/2016 5:00:44 PM, Forever23 wrote:
At 3/26/2016 11:50:48 PM, imabench wrote:
At 3/26/2016 11:15:15 PM, Forever23 wrote:

These changes are an encouragement to vote, play mafia, host mafia, be fair.

And what they would actually achieve is the exact opposite

My plans are well thought out. You have NOTHING to support the fact that the changes will fail.

Common sense and logic prove that your changes will fail. You just dont accept it since mentally youre a child.

xD. That was the stupidest claim. I am a NEW MEMBER. I know what challenges I faced when I got there and I know why so many leave.

Clearly you dont, because your policies would only push more people to leave, not to stay

As a new member, it is tough for me to register for mafia sometimes, to vote since its to much work. Thats what I will work to change and reform.

By making it even tougher to cast votes by requiring voters to now give tips to both sides for how they can do better.

xD. You dont know what problems DDO has.

Im pretty sure I do since I actually have people who pledged to vote for me, whereas you only have people thinking youre dumb xD

I would love to see your reforms link!

If youre not even smart enough to find it by yourself then youre clearly not smart enough to be president....

Im making a new better DDO. All you have here is a list of unsubstantiated claims in order to prevent me from running.

Even if you are running I dont have to worry about you since no one will vote for you. Im just pointing out your platform is trash for the sake of pointing out why its trash

How is it trash?

I have already explained why its trash. You have an inability to read though.

No. I log on daily xD. Posting on the thread freely spams it and blocks clean communication. Theres 1200 posts there for a reason. I dont want attention. I want a better site. Theres a reason I came back. Theres a reason Im in this race. I want to make DDO better.

Yet not a single one of your proposals would actually make it better. In fact each one of them is either generic bs, or would make the site worse

Thats irrelevant to what I just said and an unsubstantiated claim

Its not unsubstantiated, you are just refusing to acknowledge that your platform is as clueless as you are.

I doubt that one tip or so will ever cause voting results to go down.

That is because you dont know anything about how this site works. People already have to post paragraphs in order to have their votes stand on debates. Requiring people to mentor the people on each side only places more of a burden to vote, which will disicentivize people to actually go vote on debates.

I AM a voter.

You havent voted in over 2 months, liar http://www.debate.org...

WHy? Its to much work. Im lessening the work with my policies.

Requiring voters to give tips to both sides MAKES IT HARDER. Do I have to write that down on a note and staple it to your forehead?

Yes. I want mods to completely WIPE OUT the forum and the threads inside. What we do is choose which forums to combine. Then completely delete the forum with less posts. The threads and posts are deleted with it. All topics that would have been posted in the deleted forums would be posted in the ones that stayed.

^ And this is why you are an idiot

You sure got a lot to say for someone who claims to be a bench.