Send a Message
3/25/2016 5:17:19 PM
Posted: 8 months ago
Time for the first round of the tournament! Here are your pairings for R1

Tej vs. Bob13

FT vs. Jerry947

Kasmic vs. Lannan

Fire_wings vs. Peepette

You have 4 days to get your debates started. If you and your opponent fail to start your debate by then, I will you assign you and your opponent a form LD debate topic. Failure to abide by the assigned topic will result in being kicked from the tournament.

Debate set-up is up to the debaters but I recommend 4 rounds with 72 hours between rounds and select winner voting system. Once you get your debates started, please post the link to my profiles, PM them to me, or post them in this thread; just make sure I know.

Good luck on your debates!
fire_wings
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
3/25/2016 9:54:50 PM
At 3/25/2016 5:17:19 PM, Hayd wrote:

Tej vs. Bob13

FT vs. Jerry947

Kasmic vs. Lannan

Fire_wings vs. Peepette

You have 4 days to get your debates started. If you and your opponent fail to start your debate by then, I will you assign you and your opponent a form LD debate topic. Failure to abide by the assigned topic will result in being kicked from the tournament.

Debate set-up is up to the debaters but I recommend 4 rounds with 72 hours between rounds and select winner voting system. Once you get your debates started, please post the link to my profiles, PM them to me, or post them in this thread; just make sure I know.

im supposed to be with kasmic hayd.
#ALLHAILFIRETHEKINGOFTHEMISCFORUM

...it's not a new policy... it's just that DDO was built on an ancient burial ground, and that means the spirits of old rise again to cause us problems sometimes- Airmax1227

Wtf you must have an IQ of 250 if you're 11 and already decent at this- 16k

Go to sleep!!!!- missmozart

So to start off, I never committed suicide- Vaarka
kasmic
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
3/26/2016 1:22:05 AM
At 3/25/2016 9:54:50 PM, fire_wings wrote:

Tej vs. Bob13

FT vs. Jerry947

Kasmic vs. Lannan

Fire_wings vs. Peepette

Why is that?
"Liberalism Defined" http://www.debate.org...
"The Social Contract" http://www.debate.org...
"Intro to IR An Open Discussion" http://www.debate.org...

Check out my website, the Sensible Soapbox http://www.sensiblesoapbox.com...
My latest article: http://www.sensiblesoapbox.com...
tejretics
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
3/26/2016 5:07:18 AM

Tej vs. Bob13

FT vs. Jerry947

Kasmic vs. Lannan

Fire_wings vs. Peepette

Since when? It is random. Just because you *want* to be so doesn't mean it is going to. Deal with the brackets.
"Where justice is denied, where poverty is enforced, where ignorance prevails, and where any one class is made to feel that society is an organized conspiracy to oppress, rob and degrade them, neither persons nor property will be safe." - Frederick Douglass
fire_wings
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
3/26/2016 8:17:56 AM
At 3/26/2016 1:22:05 AM, kasmic wrote:

Tej vs. Bob13

FT vs. Jerry947

Kasmic vs. Lannan

Fire_wings vs. Peepette

Why is that?

highest elo v.s. lowest elo means that I need to debate you.

...it's not a new policy... it's just that DDO was built on an ancient burial ground, and that means the spirits of old rise again to cause us problems sometimes- Airmax1227

tejretics
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
3/26/2016 9:44:49 AM
At 3/26/2016 8:17:56 AM, fire_wings wrote:

Tej vs. Bob13

FT vs. Jerry947

Kasmic vs. Lannan

Fire_wings vs. Peepette

Why is that?

There's no "highest Elo" versus "lowest Elo." It is a randomized bracket.
"Where justice is denied, where poverty is enforced, where ignorance prevails, and where any one class is made to feel that society is an organized conspiracy to oppress, rob and degrade them, neither persons nor property will be safe." - Frederick Douglass
fire_wings
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
3/26/2016 10:05:23 AM
At 3/26/2016 9:44:49 AM, tejretics wrote:

Tej vs. Bob13

FT vs. Jerry947

Kasmic vs. Lannan

Fire_wings vs. Peepette

Why is that?

hayd said it.

Hayd
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
3/27/2016 6:52:39 PM

Tej vs. Bob13

FT vs. Jerry947

Kasmic vs. Lannan

Fire_wings vs. Peepette

The entire purpose of power pairing is to assign the most skilled debaters to the less skilled debaters so that the most skilled win. The measure of this is done with Elo, yet the measure is inaccurate with lannan since his Elo is not representative of his skill. Thus I put him with kasmic
Hayd
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
3/27/2016 6:53:04 PM
At 3/26/2016 9:44:49 AM, tejretics wrote:

Tej vs. Bob13

FT vs. Jerry947

Kasmic vs. Lannan

Fire_wings vs. Peepette

Why is that?

Its power paired, same as Winter regular