Jump to topic:

Regarding the Presidency.

Rosalie
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
3/26/2016 8:22:12 AM
Posted: 8 months ago
I know that I said in was going to leave, but, I received many Pm's, emails and even texts asking if I was still running as Wylted's VP, and the answer is yes.

I know Wylted has not been on in a week, and it would have been unfair for me to deactivate. I've decided to block the members who were bugging me, and to focus on this upcoming election.

If you have any questions, or concerns, feel free to PM me, or comment in the forum.

-- Wylted/Rose
" We need more videos of cat's playing the piano on the internet" - My art professor.

"Criticism is easier to take when you realize that the only people who aren't criticized are those who don't take risks." - Donald Trump
Rosalie
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
3/26/2016 8:33:02 AM
Again, here is our platform, written by Wylted.

It is way too early to announce a run for presidency, but here it is. I am announcing it this early because BSH1 has asked me to give him a heads up, as soon as I know what I want to do. Still read on, there are a lot of important things that need to be discussed here. Concerns that need addressed.

BSH1

BSH1 is a great president, perhaps the best DDO has seen. Though I'm sure a small handful of people will disagree. He is very dedicated to this site. I will never question his dedication to this site or his greatness as site president, even if I don't like certain things about him or have other concerns. I assume he is running again, and hopefully we can both keep our campaigns positive, even if we have very little control over what our respective supporters have to say.

The Problem With Great Leaders

Great leaders like BSH1 can do incredible things. While BSH1 has been in office a bunch of great things have happened. He organized a tournament system so we have plenty of good interest in tournaments. I always look forward to his updates. The new member mentorship program is great as well as the Op of the week. He does a lot of great things that can't really be replicated by anyone else, not that much and to that extent anyway.

So what's the problem? The problem is that it's too much. His time in office will end at some point, and the programs need somebody with his level of energy. They require his presence to keep going. I guess some temporary programs are fine, but I think we really need to look at permanence. A lot of times when a great leader goes, so does the organization. Like Alexander the Great and Greece, or Apple's fall when Steve Jobs was let go for a while. We need systems in place that are independent of their creator. When Ray Crok died, McDonald's did not lose a step, and that is because it's focus was on systems, not on a great leader with a great personality pulling it to the top. So BSH1 is incredible, nobody is better, but at least half of his programs are dependent on him. If I am elected, I will look to somehow automate his programs or discard them.

BSH1 is so great in fact that while being the best president ever, until recently he was holding together the beginner mafia series on his own. Beginner Mafia was completely on his shoulders. If he decided to randomly take a hiatus, or was forced to due to personal reasons, the series would have been in trouble. Luckily FourTrouble and F-16 saw this problem. They stepped in and created a system to keep the beginner's series not only indefinitely going, but also make it better than ever. There was of course some resistance to this. The resistance is healthy for dialogue, and expected when such an incredible leader is stepping down, and BSH1 was also the best leader in that respect. Should I win the presidency I will do my best to pull F-16 and FT in. With their experience at improving and automating social programs, we should be able to ensure that BSH1's programs are automated and can operate independently of any personality, including the president's. In fact I would encourage BSH1 to seek FT and F-16's help to automate his programs immediately.

Developing Leadership

Besides the formal leaders such as BSH1, Whiteflame and Airmax, there are many informal leaders. Leaders such as Fourtrouble, YYW, and Bluesteel. And I'm sure I've left out a ton of names. It's very important for DDO to develop new leadership, so a DDO Elite does not get created, and so that nobody perceives one to exist. People do joke about a DDO Elite, but to a certain extent an informal one does exist. The reason is because we don't develop new leadership. Fortunately in the mafia community new leadership is being developed. Sapphique for example is being developed as a great leader by running the beginner series, to a large extent. Thank you F-16 and FT for pushing for new standards that have the unanticipated side effect of developing new leadership.

The way in which we choose vice presidents should be in the same spirit. The vice president is largely a meaningless position, and I know many people would argue the presidency is as well, but even people who think a president is valuable, usually think a vice president is meaningless. I believe just about every presidential candidate has picked a vice president based on some strategic value for winning an election, but that is the wrong way to go about it. We should be using the position to develop new leadership.

This is why I have picked Rosalie as a vice president. She is in that spot, between new member and informal leader. I will serve as a mentor to help her become a sort of informal leader, and if I'm elected president then I will definitely be able to push her into that spot the informal DDO Elite make up. Rosalie is a future leader of DDO. She is smart. She is maturing more and more everyday, and most importantly she really loves DDO. I urge anybody else set on running to pick a vice president who they can mentor to be part of the future class of DDO Elite leaders. I know it is tempting to pick somebody who legitimizes your campaign, or that expands your voting base, but I ask that instead of the extreme focus on winning, you actually help the future of DDO.

This brings me to my next point. Term limits. We need them, and they need to be two terms. We have such a shortage of leadership here, that it is imperative we keep term limits to 2 or less. The longer a person is in office, the less we can develop the next class of leadership. We can take a list of every past president and their vice presidents to see that the DDO presidency really is effective at helping to create leaders. With the demographic of this site being so young, leadership is very important. The really young users need a mature presence to look up to. They need somebody to show them the ropes and the pitfalls, and let's face it. There are not enough leaders to go around. We don't actually need a formal mentorship program. We need a bunch of approachable young leaders willing to engage with young people on their level. If I win, I will work with Airmax to set formal term limits in the future. A 2 term limit. Given the turnover rate on this site, 2 terms is the best option.

Misc./Platform

I encourage all users to PM me with what they want in a president's platform. What types of things they want out of a site, also feel free to discuss them with my VP Rosalie. It is too early in the process to have anything solid, though I will touch on a few things.

I am aware of my own weaknesses and plan to form a committee of trusted members around me, when the election concludes, this committee will have my opponent's supporters on it as well, so I can't give names of certain people I will attempt to recruit, but I will try to recruit the best team possible.

I will have a platform that is largely geared to people ineligible to even vote for me. DDO needs a bunch of fresh blood, and so the platform needs to center around drawing in a bunch of fresh blood. These revive forum programs and op of the weak, aren't even necessary if we are pulling in fresh blood that want to engage in creating high quality ops on a regular basis.

Here is one thing that I will do that nobody else is willing to. Should I get elected, I will make the time to go to Juggle's headquarters and talk somebody in Juggle on a personal level. On a friendly level. I will see what is going on with them, so I can help the community understand Juggle a little better. This benefits the community and Juggle, so it should not be a problem. This alone is reason enough to vote for me.

If there are any questions about me or my candidacy, and I'm sure there will be since I just wrote in a stream of consciousness, then ask away. Both me and my VP are happy to answer.

#WyltedRose
" We need more videos of cat's playing the piano on the internet" - My art professor.

"Criticism is easier to take when you realize that the only people who aren't criticized are those who don't take risks." - Donald Trump
Blade-of-Truth
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
3/26/2016 6:18:04 PM
Just so everyone is aware, Wylted is travelling at the moment. Currently in Philadelphia.

I know this because I am CIA. Don't ever doubt that.

(or because I'm friends with him on fb)
Debate.org Deputy Vote Moderator
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
DDO Voting Guide: http://www.debate.org...
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
Need a judge on your debate? Nominate me! http://www.debate.org...
Rosalie
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
3/29/2016 2:35:35 PM
Bump.

TBR
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
3/29/2016 5:59:12 PM
At 3/26/2016 8:22:12 AM, Rosalie wrote:
I know that I said in was going to leave, but, I received many Pm's, emails and even texts asking if I was still running as Wylted's VP, and the answer is yes.

I know Wylted has not been on in a week, and it would have been unfair for me to deactivate. I've decided to block the members who were bugging me, and to focus on this upcoming election.

If you have any questions, or concerns, feel free to PM me, or comment in the forum.

-- Wylted/Rosef y

Why were you planing on leaving, and if you are being fickle why should you run?
Rosalie
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
3/29/2016 6:02:59 PM
At 3/29/2016 5:59:12 PM, TBR wrote:

-- Wylted/Rosef y

Why were you planing on leaving, and if you are being fickle why should you run?

I was leaving due to drama.

But, in order to grow stronger as a person, I had to face my issues, and that I did do. I contacted one of the members who I had beef with, and we sorted everything out, and decided to re-build our friendship.

TBR
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
3/29/2016 6:05:02 PM
At 3/29/2016 6:02:59 PM, Rosalie wrote:

-- Wylted/Rosef y

But, in order to grow stronger as a person, I had to face my issues, and that I did do. I contacted one of the members who I had beef with, and we sorted everything out, and decided to re-build our friendship.

Good for you.
Rosalie
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
3/29/2016 6:05:56 PM
At 3/29/2016 6:05:02 PM, TBR wrote:
At 3/29/2016 6:02:59 PM, Rosalie wrote:

-- Wylted/Rosef y

Good for you.

Thank you. :)

lannan13
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
3/29/2016 6:53:25 PM
I'm tempted to believe that you are trolling.
-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-Lannan13'S SIGNATURE-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-

If the sky's the limit then why do we have footprints on the Moon? I'm shooting my aspirations for the stars.

"If you are going through hell, keep going." "Sir Winston Churchill

"No one can make you feel inferior without your consent." "Eleanor Roosevelt

Topics I want to debate. (http://tinyurl.com...)
-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~
Ragnar
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
3/30/2016 3:50:05 PM
... I've decided to block the members who were bugging me

Always a good policy. I just hope they don't follow you around in the forums.
Unofficial DDO Guide: http://goo.gl...
(It's probably the best help resource here, other than talking to people...)

Voting Standards: https://goo.gl...

And please disable Smart-Quotes: https://goo.gl...
Rosalie
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
3/30/2016 3:54:10 PM
At 3/29/2016 6:53:25 PM, lannan13 wrote:

Uhm..why?

lannan13
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
3/30/2016 3:56:25 PM
At 3/30/2016 3:54:10 PM, Rosalie wrote:
At 3/29/2016 6:53:25 PM, lannan13 wrote:

Uhm..why?

The whole DDO Elite thing. It's the little crazy things like that were the reason I didn't vote Wylted last election.
-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-Lannan13'S SIGNATURE-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-

If the sky's the limit then why do we have footprints on the Moon? I'm shooting my aspirations for the stars.

"If you are going through hell, keep going." "Sir Winston Churchill

"No one can make you feel inferior without your consent." "Eleanor Roosevelt

Topics I want to debate. (http://tinyurl.com...)
-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~