Jump to topic:

Petition to change DDO mainpage

illegalcombat
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
3/27/2016 6:21:01 AM
Posted: 8 months ago
The mainpage of DDO which shows some debates has being the same for what a year now ?

As such I propose the following, that the DDO front page of debates get changed at least once a month.

Preferably too great debates, eg hall of fame debates, debate of the month etc.

Yay or Nay.
PetersSmith
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
3/27/2016 6:29:38 AM
At 3/27/2016 6:21:01 AM, illegalcombat wrote:
The mainpage of DDO which shows some debates has being the same for what a year now ?

As such I propose the following, that the DDO front page of debates get changed at least once a month.

Yay or Nay.

Maybe you didn't understand me correctly. The main page previously changed regularly about a year ago. However, the owners of this site, Juggle, now do little to no maintenance on the site. So the debate's not changing on the front page is actually a glitch, where many other glitches plague this site as well due to Juggle's lack of interest (the forums no longer listed on the front page, polls constantly being duplicated, profile errors, etc.).
Empress of DDO (also Poll and Forum "Maintenance" Moderator)

"The two most important days in your life is the day you were born, and the day you find out why."
~Mark Twain

"Wow"
-Doge

"Don't believe everything you read on the internet just because there's a picture with a quote next to it."
~Abraham Lincoln

Guide to the Polls Section: http://www.debate.org...
TBR
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
3/27/2016 1:42:06 PM

Yay or Nay.

Yea, I am sorry, but you are missing the root issue. Its not that there are no good ideas for how to improve the site, its that there is no ability to modify the site.
illegalcombat
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
3/27/2016 1:53:58 PM
At 3/27/2016 1:42:06 PM, TBR wrote:

Yay or Nay.

Yea, I am sorry, but you are missing the root issue. Its not that there are no good ideas for how to improve the site, its that there is no ability to modify the site.

Then get the ability to modify the site.
lannan13
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
3/27/2016 2:13:20 PM

Yay or Nay.

Just because you start a petition doesn't mean Juggle will do anything. They've ignored email and letters from Airmax and past presidents. What makes YOU think that you can get something done.
-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-Lannan13'S SIGNATURE-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-

If the sky's the limit then why do we have footprints on the Moon? I'm shooting my aspirations for the stars.

"If you are going through hell, keep going." "Sir Winston Churchill

"No one can make you feel inferior without your consent." "Eleanor Roosevelt

Topics I want to debate. (http://tinyurl.com...)
-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~
lannan13
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
3/27/2016 2:13:45 PM
At 3/27/2016 1:53:58 PM, illegalcombat wrote:

Yay or Nay.

That's not how that works.

If the sky's the limit then why do we have footprints on the Moon? I'm shooting my aspirations for the stars.

TBR
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
3/27/2016 2:42:23 PM
At 3/27/2016 1:53:58 PM, illegalcombat wrote:

Yay or Nay.

Many have tried. Don't give up, but the fact at this point is, no one who is active on this site has any ability to change it. No one reading this thread has any ability to act on any suggestions.
imabench
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
3/27/2016 3:47:28 PM

Yay or Nay.

lol, you must be new here
Kevin24018 : "He's just so mean it makes me want to ball up my fists and stamp on the ground"
Geogeer: "Nobody is dumb enough to become my protege."

7/14/16 = The Presidency Dies

DDO: THE MOVIE = http://www.debate.org...
http://www.debate.org...

VP of DDO from Dec 14th 2014 to Jan 1st 2015
DanneJeRusse
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
3/27/2016 5:53:48 PM
At 3/27/2016 6:29:38 AM, PetersSmith wrote:

Yay or Nay.

Maybe you didn't understand me correctly. The main page previously changed regularly about a year ago. However, the owners of this site, Juggle, now do little to no maintenance on the site. So the debate's not changing on the front page is actually a glitch, where many other glitches plague this site as well due to Juggle's lack of interest (the forums no longer listed on the front page, polls constantly being duplicated, profile errors, etc.).

Clearly, we need to get the President all over that. I'm sure he'll get things done. He is the President, after all. You can't simply ignore the President. President.

* Gee, I wish I could get me one those new fangled President thingies. *
Marrying a 6 year old and waiting until she reaches puberty and maturity before having consensual sex is better than walking up to
a stranger in a bar and proceeding to have relations with no valid proof of the intent of the person. Muhammad wins. ~ Fatihah
If they don't want to be killed then they have to subdue to the Islamic laws. - Uncung
Without God, you are lower than sh!t. ~ SpiritandTruth
TBR
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
3/27/2016 5:58:36 PM
At 3/27/2016 5:53:48 PM, DanneJeRusse wrote:

Yay or Nay.

Clearly, we need to get the President all over that. I'm sure he'll get things done. He is the President, after all. You can't simply ignore the President. President.

We can't have a front-page gap!
DanneJeRusse
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
3/27/2016 6:27:34 PM
At 3/27/2016 5:58:36 PM, TBR wrote:

Yay or Nay.

The next election will hair lip everyone on Bear Creek, like frying chickens in a barnyard.
Marrying a 6 year old and waiting until she reaches puberty and maturity before having consensual sex is better than walking up to
a stranger in a bar and proceeding to have relations with no valid proof of the intent of the person. Muhammad wins. ~ Fatihah
If they don't want to be killed then they have to subdue to the Islamic laws. - Uncung
TBR
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
3/27/2016 6:44:53 PM
At 3/27/2016 6:27:34 PM, DanneJeRusse wrote:

Yay or Nay.

The next election will hair lip everyone on Bear Creek, like frying chickens in a barnyard.

Well, I have been to Facebook, Twitter and Redit and that is the stupidest thing I have ever seen posted. (just to keep a good thing going)
DanneJeRusse
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
3/27/2016 8:41:56 PM
At 3/27/2016 6:44:53 PM, TBR wrote:

Yay or Nay.

Well, I have been to Facebook, Twitter and Redit and that is the stupidest thing I have ever seen posted. (just to keep a good thing going)

"Do you remember what Bsh1 once said? . . . He said DDO was too important to be left to the members. When he said that, a few months ago, he may have been right. But today, DDO is too important to be left to the President. They have neither the time, the training, nor the inclination for strategic thought. I can no longer sit back and allow Christian infiltration, Christian indoctrination, Christian subversion and the forum wide Christian conspiracy to take over the Presidency."
TBR
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
3/27/2016 8:54:56 PM
At 3/27/2016 8:41:56 PM, DanneJeRusse wrote:

Yay or Nay.

"Do you remember what Bsh1 once said? . . . He said DDO was too important to be left to the members. When he said that, a few months ago, he may have been right. But today, DDO is too important to be left to the President. They have neither the time, the training, nor the inclination for strategic thought. I can no longer sit back and allow Christian infiltration, Christian indoctrination, Christian subversion and the forum wide Christian conspiracy to take over the Presidency."

Too damn good!
lannan13
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
3/27/2016 9:39:12 PM
At 3/27/2016 8:41:56 PM, DanneJeRusse wrote:

Yay or Nay.

You sir, won one free tin hat.