Presidential debates

Ore_Ele
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
11/16/2010 12:41:26 PM
Posted: 6 years ago
Hello everyone.

I was going to see if there was a way to have a presidential debate for our candidates before the up coming election.

There are a few different styles I was thinking of.

1) Like last time, do a 1 on 1 interview with each of the candidates (unless any would like to opt out), where the "interview" would be posted after completion for people to comment and question on. or

2) Do an actual debate style in a single message with all candidates answering questions and promoting their ideas. Which would also be posted in a thread upon completion.

What do the candidates think, and what do the members think?
"Wanting Red Rhino Pill to have gender"
ChristianM
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
11/16/2010 12:44:21 PM
At 11/16/2010 12:41:26 PM, OreEle wrote:
Hello everyone.

I was going to see if there was a way to have a presidential debate for our candidates before the up coming election.

1) Like last time, do a 1 on 1 interview with each of the candidates (unless any would like to opt out), where the "interview" would be posted after completion for people to comment and question on. or

2) Do an actual debate style in a single message with all candidates answering questions and promoting their ideas. Which would also be posted in a thread upon completion.

I wouldnt mind this idea. I would like a open candidate to populous type thing though. I would also like some candidacy periods allowed in case write-ins want to start running.
ChristianM
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
11/16/2010 12:44:51 PM
At 11/16/2010 12:44:21 PM, usafkid1121 wrote:
Hello everyone.

I wouldnt mind this idea. I would like a open candidate to populous type thing though. I would also like some candidacy periods allowed in case write-ins want to start running.

Debating one-one about issues on DDO currently too
Ore_Ele
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
11/16/2010 12:58:27 PM
At 11/16/2010 12:44:51 PM, usafkid1121 wrote:
At 11/16/2010 12:44:21 PM, usafkid1121 wrote:
Hello everyone.

Debating one-one about issues on DDO currently too

The hard thing about that, is that we have more then 2 candidates, and so the debates wouldn't really give each candidate an opportunity to express their views on the topic. Also, an open thread is likely going to get into bickering as someone says "I believe in X for reasons 1, 2, and 3" and those that disagree with X attack and those that support X defend it, but the candidate kind of gets left behind.
Ore_Ele
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
11/16/2010 5:39:04 PM
I think a Q & A would be a lot simpler and stress free for the candidates (also much less time restrictive). They are usually pretty simple and quick.

If anyone wants me to ask any particular questions, please message them to me, along with whether you wish to remain anonymous or not.
Ore_Ele
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
11/16/2010 6:47:36 PM
At 11/16/2010 5:45:43 PM, FREEDO wrote:
Looking forward to an interview.

No problem.

I'll be sending out requests either tonight or tomorrow night.

And to point out again. If anyone has any questions that they would like any candidates to answer, please send me a message.

Thanks,