Jump to topic:

Announcement of Presidential Run + Platform

Skepsikyma
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
3/29/2016 1:10:14 AM
Posted: 8 months ago
SeventhProfessor and I are announcing our run for the presidency as co-presidents of the benevolent organization of respectable guys.

Our 5 co-VPs are Romanii, ShabShoral, Thett3, ESocialBookworm/EndarkenedRationalist, and UtherPenguin.

Each co-VP, once elected, will appoint one under-co-VP. Under-co-VPs may appoint up to three secretaries, and secretaries may appoint up to three undersecretaries. This is to ensure that enough manpower is available to manage the many important aspects of this busy site which we all love. Despite certain contrarian abolitionist rumblings, the presidency is absolutely vital to the health of DDO. Our platform is simple: to, through bureaucratic creep, induct most of the site into our inspiring and egalitarian administration. It will maximize social harmony and unite us in brotherhood. Presidential power, like a candle, or happiness, does not diminish by being shared.

Let us build a better world together.

No gingers allowed.

#MakeDDOGreatAgain
"The Collectivist experiment is thoroughly suited (in appearance at least) to the Capitalist society which it proposes to replace. It works with the existing machinery of Capitalism, talks and thinks in the existing terms of Capitalism, appeals to just those appetites which Capitalism has aroused, and ridicules as fantastic and unheard-of just those things in society the memory of which Capitalism has killed among men wherever the blight of it has spread."
- Hilaire Belloc -
imabench
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
3/29/2016 1:14:43 AM
The plot thickens XD
Kevin24018 : "He's just so mean it makes me want to ball up my fists and stamp on the ground"
Geogeer: "Nobody is dumb enough to become my protege."

7/14/16 = The Presidency Dies

DDO: THE MOVIE = http://www.debate.org...
http://www.debate.org...

VP of DDO from Dec 14th 2014 to Jan 1st 2015
Skepsikyma
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
3/29/2016 1:21:02 AM
At 3/29/2016 1:12:46 AM, Romaniii wrote:
@Endark -- You were right. I was wrong. And I'm sorry.

Long live the DDO presidency!

I'm particularly proud that Endark supports our brave endeavor.
"The Collectivist experiment is thoroughly suited (in appearance at least) to the Capitalist society which it proposes to replace. It works with the existing machinery of Capitalism, talks and thinks in the existing terms of Capitalism, appeals to just those appetites which Capitalism has aroused, and ridicules as fantastic and unheard-of just those things in society the memory of which Capitalism has killed among men wherever the blight of it has spread."
- Hilaire Belloc -
thett3
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
3/29/2016 1:21:42 AM
Romanii needs to resign, right now, for the sake of the ticket and our integrity going forward. #RomaniiSexScandal
DDO Vice President

#StandwithBossy

#UnbanTheMadman

#BetOnThett

"Don't quote me, ever." -Max

"My name is max. I'm not a big fan of slacks"- Max rapping

"Walmart should have the opportunity to bribe a politician to it's agenda" -Max

"Thett, you're really good at convincing people you're a decent person"-tulle

"You fit the character of Regina George quite nicely"- Sam

: At 11/12/2016 11:49:40 PM, Raisor wrote:
: thett was right
Skepsikyma
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
3/29/2016 1:23:22 AM
At 3/29/2016 1:21:42 AM, thett3 wrote:
Romanii needs to resign, right now, for the sake of the ticket and our integrity going forward. #RomaniiSexScandal

That video was very blurry. I know it looks like Donald Keller, but we can't be sure.
- Hilaire Belloc -
Rosalie
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
3/29/2016 1:24:26 AM
At 3/29/2016 1:23:22 AM, Skepsikyma wrote:

That video was very blurry. I know it looks like Donald Keller, but we can't be sure.

You dirty Ginger...
" We need more videos of cat's playing the piano on the internet" - My art professor.

"Criticism is easier to take when you realize that the only people who aren't criticized are those who don't take risks." - Donald Trump

Officially Mrs. 16Kadams 8-30-16
Skepsikyma
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
3/29/2016 1:25:36 AM
At 3/29/2016 1:24:26 AM, Rosalie wrote:

You dirty Ginger...

Stop trying, Rosalie. You aren't welcome in our brotherhood due to your abhorrent scarlet tresses.
- Hilaire Belloc -
TBR
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
3/29/2016 1:26:55 AM
At 3/29/2016 1:10:14 AM, Skepsikyma wrote:
SeventhProfessor and I are announcing our run for the presidency as co-presidents of the benevolent organization of respectable guys.

Our 5 co-VPs are Romanii, ShabShoral, Thett3, ESocialBookworm/EndarkenedRationalist, and UtherPenguin.

Each co-VP, once elected, will appoint one under-co-VP. Under-co-VPs may appoint up to three secretaries, and secretaries may appoint up to three undersecretaries. This is to ensure that enough manpower is available to manage the many important aspects of this busy site which we all love. Despite certain contrarian abolitionist rumblings, the presidency is absolutely vital to the health of DDO. Our platform is simple: to, through bureaucratic creep, induct most of the site into our inspiring and egalitarian administration. It will maximize social harmony and unite us in brotherhood. Presidential power, like a candle, or happiness, does not diminish by being shared.

Let us build a better world together.

No gingers allowed.

#MakeDDOGreatAgain

President
|cVP|cVP|cVP|cVP|cVP|
|ucVP|ucVP|ucVP|ucVP|ucVP|
|SEC|SEC||SEC|||SEC|SEC||SEC|||SEC|SEC||SEC|||SEC|SEC||SEC|||SEC|SEC||SEC||
|uSEC|uSEC|uSEC|||uSEC|uSEC|uSEC|||uSEC|uSEC|uSEC|||uSEC|uSEC|uSEC|||uSEC|uSEC|uSEC|||uSEC|uSEC|uSEC|||uSEC|uSEC|uSEC|||uSEC|uSEC|uSEC|||uSEC|uSEC|uSEC|||uSEC|uSEC|uSEC|||uSEC|uSEC|uSEC|||uSEC|uSEC|uSEC|||uSEC|uSEC|uSEC|||uSEC|uSEC|uSEC|||uSEC|uSEC|uSEC||

Yup. I think that should cover the active user base in the administration.
Rosalie
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
3/29/2016 1:27:11 AM
At 3/29/2016 1:25:36 AM, Skepsikyma wrote:

You dirty Ginger...

Stop trying, Rosalie. You aren't welcome in our brotherhood due to your abhorrent scarlet tresses.

That is NOT what you said last night...you said you love my Ginger locks, and you don't care what others said... :(
" We need more videos of cat's playing the piano on the internet" - My art professor.

"Criticism is easier to take when you realize that the only people who aren't criticized are those who don't take risks." - Donald Trump

SolonKR
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
3/29/2016 1:27:25 AM
I'm not going to allow Thett to be undersold. He is the one true VP; all idolators shall be smote.

Therefore, I must vigorously oppose this platform.
SO to Bailey, the love of my life <3
SeventhProfessor
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
3/29/2016 1:27:29 AM
My co-president has covered many of our main talking points so far, but allow me to highlight another key aspect of our platform: assimilation. One of our main goals is to assimilate all opposition into our own ticket, and, if possible, the entirety of DDO will be serving as a president, vp, under-vp, secretary, or other such ***official*** positions.

This is, to me, the most important part of our Benevolent Organization for Respectable Guys. The idea of uniting DDO as one place, one machine, one part, is simply too great to pass up.

With that said, we invite you - yes, YOU - to join our ticket. Once you sign up, we will find a position for you in our hierarchy, and make DDO great again, one voice at a time.

ad infinitum
#UnbanTheMadman

#StandWithBossy

#BetOnThett

"bossy r u like 85 years old and have lost ur mind"
~mysteriouscrystals

"I've honestly never seen seventh post anything that wasn't completely idiotic in a trying-to-be-funny way."
~F-16

https://docs.google.com...
Skepsikyma
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
3/29/2016 1:29:30 AM
At 3/29/2016 1:27:11 AM, Rosalie wrote:

You dirty Ginger...

That is NOT what you said last night...you said you love my Ginger locks, and you don't care what others said... :(

That was Solon; you must have been very drunk. Bossy can back up my alibi.
- Hilaire Belloc -
SeventhProfessor
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
3/29/2016 1:30:04 AM
At 3/29/2016 1:27:25 AM, SolonKR wrote:
I'm not going to allow Thett to be undersold. He is the one true VP; all idolators shall be smote.

Therefore, I must vigorously oppose this platform.

Fear not, my child. thett and thett alone is graced with the title of "VP", while all others shall be known as co-VP.
#UnbanTheMadman

#StandWithBossy

#BetOnThett

"bossy r u like 85 years old and have lost ur mind"
~mysteriouscrystals

"I've honestly never seen seventh post anything that wasn't completely idiotic in a trying-to-be-funny way."
~F-16

https://docs.google.com...
Rosalie
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
3/29/2016 1:30:12 AM
At 3/29/2016 1:29:30 AM, Skepsikyma wrote:
At 3/29/2016 1:27:11 AM, Rosalie wrote:

You dirty Ginger...

That was Solon; you must have been very drunk. Bossy can back up my alibi.

Don't deny it...it's all on video

SolonKR
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
3/29/2016 1:32:36 AM
At 3/29/2016 1:30:04 AM, SeventhProfessor wrote:
Fear not, my child. thett and thett alone is graced with the title of "VP", while all others shall be known as co-VP.

It's too late. I already know of your true intentions to undermine the great foundation of this Thettian democracy; the Freudian slip in the OP simply confirmed this fact.

Next thing we know, you'll try to strike "On Thett We Bet" from our coins and federal buildings.
SO to Bailey, the love of my life <3
Skepsikyma
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
3/29/2016 1:34:53 AM
At 3/29/2016 1:32:36 AM, SolonKR wrote:
At 3/29/2016 1:30:04 AM, SeventhProfessor wrote:

It's too late. I already know of your true intentions to undermine the great foundation of this Thettian democracy; the Freudian slip in the OP simply confirmed this fact.

Thett is dear to all of our hearts.

Next thing we know, you'll try to strike "On Thett We Bet" from our coins and federal buildings.

I fully support the Thettian mantra. I have it branded on my taint, in fact.
- Hilaire Belloc -
UtherPenguin
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
3/29/2016 1:37:02 AM
Das fuhrer hat gesprochen!

Heil das reich!

HEIL!

HEIL!

HEIL!

HEIL!

EIN FUHRER! EIN REICH! EIN WEBSEITEN!
"Praise Allah."
~YYW
Ragnar
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
3/29/2016 1:53:04 AM

2 presidents, +

5 co-vice-presidents, +

Each co-VP, once elected, will appoint one under-co-VP.

5 under-co-vice-presidents, +

Under-co-VPs may appoint up to three secretaries,

15 secretaries for the under-co-vice-presidents, +

and secretaries may appoint up to three undersecretaries.

45 undersecretaries for the secretaries under the under-co-vice-presidents

This is to ensure that enough manpower is available to manage the many important aspects of this busy site which we all love.

That's a 72 member administration, are there enough active DDO members for this?
Unofficial DDO Guide: http://goo.gl...
(It's probably the best help resource here, other than talking to people...)

Voting Standards: https://goo.gl...

And please disable Smart-Quotes: https://goo.gl...
Skepsikyma
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
3/29/2016 1:59:20 AM
At 3/29/2016 1:53:04 AM, Ragnar wrote:

2 presidents, +

5 co-vice-presidents, +

Each co-VP, once elected, will appoint one under-co-VP.

5 under-co-vice-presidents, +

Under-co-VPs may appoint up to three secretaries,

15 secretaries for the under-co-vice-presidents, +

and secretaries may appoint up to three undersecretaries.

45 undersecretaries for the secretaries under the under-co-vice-presidents

This is to ensure that enough manpower is available to manage the many important aspects of this busy site which we all love.

That's a 72 member administration, are there enough active DDO members for this?

Indeed, there are enough active voices for all non-ginger DDOers to have a voice and purpose in our grand scheme.
- Hilaire Belloc -
ColeTrain
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
3/29/2016 2:05:31 AM
At 3/29/2016 1:27:29 AM, SeventhProfessor wrote:
My co-president has covered many of our main talking points so far, but allow me to highlight another key aspect of our platform: assimilation. One of our main goals is to assimilate all opposition into our own ticket, and, if possible, the entirety of DDO will be serving as a president, vp, under-vp, secretary, or other such ***official*** positions.

This is, to me, the most important part of our Benevolent Organization for Respectable Guys. The idea of uniting DDO as one place, one machine, one part, is simply too great to pass up.

With that said, we invite you - yes, YOU - to join our ticket. Once you sign up, we will find a position for you in our hierarchy, and make DDO great again, one voice at a time.

1. ColeTrain
ad infinitum

I'm proud to give my support to this wonderful campaign, particularly given it will give credit where it is due: Thett3 will finally be a VP (assuming he accepts me under his wing as an under-VP).
"The right to 360 noscope noobs shall not be infringed!!!" -- tajshar2k
"So, to start off, I've never committed suicide." -- Vaarka
"I eat glue." -- brontoraptor
"I mean, at this rate, I'd argue for a ham sandwich presidency." -- ResponsiblyIrresponsible
"Overthrow Assad, heil jihad." -- 16kadams when trolling in hangout
"Hillary Clinton is not my favorite person ... and her campaign is as inspiring as a bowl of cottage cheese." -- YYW
TUF
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
3/29/2016 2:10:08 AM

That was never supposed to get out. We have assassin's waiting for you in the nearest alleyway.
"I've got to go and grab a shirt" ~ Airmax1227
Skepsikyma
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
3/29/2016 2:11:25 AM
At 3/29/2016 2:10:08 AM, TUF wrote:

That was never supposed to get out. We have assassin's waiting for you in the nearest alleyway.

Thett has provided leashed attack ducks to all members of the collective. I am supremely confident in their security capabilities.
- Hilaire Belloc -
TUF
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
3/29/2016 2:13:40 AM
At 3/29/2016 2:11:25 AM, Skepsikyma wrote:
At 3/29/2016 2:10:08 AM, TUF wrote:

Thett has provided leashed attack ducks to all members of the collective. I am supremely confident in their security capabilities.

I shall consult our bearer of the holy hand grenade then, because ducks are indeed a problem.
"I've got to go and grab a shirt" ~ Airmax1227
someloser
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
3/29/2016 3:14:23 AM
No gingers allowed.

Instant yes.
Ego sum qui sum. Deus lo vult.

"America is ungovernable; those who served the revolution have plowed the sea." - Simon Bolivar

"A healthy nation is as unconscious of its nationality as a healthy man of his bones. But if you break a nation's nationality it will think of nothing else but getting it set again." - George Bernard Shaw
Skepsikyma
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
3/29/2016 3:46:00 AM
At 3/29/2016 3:43:49 AM, UtherPenguin wrote:
bump fur das reich

danke-schon
- Hilaire Belloc -
UtherPenguin
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
3/29/2016 3:49:04 AM
At 3/29/2016 3:46:00 AM, Skepsikyma wrote:
At 3/29/2016 3:43:49 AM, UtherPenguin wrote:
bump fur das reich

danke-schon

Bitte schon mein Fuhrer.
"Praise Allah."
~YYW
Torton
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
3/29/2016 5:11:41 AM
kek