Jump to topic:

VU: Need debates to vote on

TUF
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
3/29/2016 5:37:22 PM
Posted: 8 months ago
So the march voting month is about to end and we will be headed April's session in a few days. While DK and other VU members generally scout the site for quality debates to vote on, if you would like to have your debate that you've recently started or are I'm the middle of be among the first wave of debates that gets and rfd, you can start submitting votes here. Not every submitted debate will make it to the list (if it is not a quality debate or a mostly FF'ed debate for example), but I'll try to make sure most of them are looked at. The Voters union tries to make sure every debate gets a minimum of two RFDs, or at the very least make sure it gets a vote.

Please submit your started debates for the VU if you'd like to bring some attention to the debates. Remember, the earlier on in the voting period it is that you submit the debate, your more likely it will be voted on before the timer expires.
"I've got to go and grab a shirt" ~ Airmax1227
someloser
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
3/29/2016 7:17:39 PM
http://www.debate.org...
Ego sum qui sum. Deus lo vult.

"America is ungovernable; those who served the revolution have plowed the sea." - Simon Bolivar

"A healthy nation is as unconscious of its nationality as a healthy man of his bones. But if you break a nation's nationality it will think of nothing else but getting it set again." - George Bernard Shaw
ColeTrain
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
3/29/2016 8:09:05 PM
At 3/29/2016 7:17:39 PM, someloser wrote:

Do you have any in the voting period that need some votes? These are still a ways off.
"The right to 360 noscope noobs shall not be infringed!!!" -- tajshar2k
"So, to start off, I've never committed suicide." -- Vaarka
"I eat glue." -- brontoraptor
"I mean, at this rate, I'd argue for a ham sandwich presidency." -- ResponsiblyIrresponsible
"Overthrow Assad, heil jihad." -- 16kadams when trolling in hangout
"Hillary Clinton is not my favorite person ... and her campaign is as inspiring as a bowl of cottage cheese." -- YYW
lannan13
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
3/29/2016 8:26:31 PM
-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-Lannan13'S SIGNATURE-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-

If the sky's the limit then why do we have footprints on the Moon? I'm shooting my aspirations for the stars.

"If you are going through hell, keep going." "Sir Winston Churchill

"No one can make you feel inferior without your consent." "Eleanor Roosevelt

Topics I want to debate. (http://tinyurl.com...)
-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~
someloser
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
3/29/2016 8:40:50 PM
At 3/29/2016 8:09:05 PM, ColeTrain wrote:

Do you have any in the voting period that need some votes? These are still a ways off.

Those would be it. If I understood OP correctly, ones that are in progress are acceptable to be at least submitted.
Ego sum qui sum. Deus lo vult.

"America is ungovernable; those who served the revolution have plowed the sea." - Simon Bolivar

"A healthy nation is as unconscious of its nationality as a healthy man of his bones. But if you break a nation's nationality it will think of nothing else but getting it set again." - George Bernard Shaw
TUF
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
3/29/2016 9:18:06 PM

Yeah I said in OP that they can be in progress as we are still a few days away from April's session anyway.
Blade-of-Truth
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
3/29/2016 10:51:00 PM
What I like to do is go to Debates -> Voting Period -> Sort by: Least to Most votes.

There are TONS of debates with no votes whatsoever. I like to bang out between 12-15 of those at a time.
Debate.org Deputy Vote Moderator
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
DDO Voting Guide: http://www.debate.org...
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
Need a judge on your debate? Nominate me! http://www.debate.org...
ColeTrain
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
3/30/2016 1:24:38 AM
At 3/29/2016 9:18:06 PM, TUF wrote:

Yeah I said in OP that they can be in progress as we are still a few days away from April's session anyway.

Ah, okay. I guess that makes sense. Sorry.
"I mean, at this rate, I'd argue for a ham sandwich presidency." -- ResponsiblyIrresponsible
"Hillary Clinton is not my favorite person ... and her campaign is as inspiring as a bowl of cottage cheese." -- YYW
ColeTrain
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
3/30/2016 1:25:53 AM
At 3/29/2016 8:40:50 PM, someloser wrote:

Those would be it. If I understood OP correctly, ones that are in progress are acceptable to be at least submitted.

Yeah, that makes sense. My bad. I misread the OP. :/
ColeTrain
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
3/30/2016 1:26:37 AM
At 3/29/2016 10:51:00 PM, Blade-of-Truth wrote:
What I like to do is go to Debates -> Voting Period -> Sort by: Least to Most votes.

There are TONS of debates with no votes whatsoever. I like to bang out between 12-15 of those at a time.

That's pretty easy since the majority you'll find there are boring, short, and filled with forfeits. ;)
TUF
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
3/30/2016 3:21:00 AM
At 3/30/2016 3:03:57 AM, illegalcombat wrote:
Who is in the Voters Union ?

There is actually alot of people according to the list I recieved.

Whiteflame, Coletrain, VOT, Hayd, DK (obviously), Balacafa, BOT, Tajshar2k, Kasmic, Tejretics, Midnight, wylted, bballcrook, famousdebater, Forever23, TUF, NothingSpecial, Firewings (again grumble), and Bob13.

I don't know how many of these members have left but according to the docs page I got, they are in it.

Now as far as who actually voted on the submitted debates during the month of march (or at least bothered to update the doc page with their vote), we have: Hayd, Balacafa, wylted, Tej, VOT, and myself. The other voters may be voting elsewhere (I know BOT does for example, but for some reason doesn't seem to be voting from the docs page), but as far as I am aware, these are the only real VU members. I only joined recently at the beginning of March, and am not included in the main PM so there could be a lot of information I am not privy to. But the underlined members are most likely to vote on a submitted debate.
illegalcombat
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
3/30/2016 3:27:16 AM
At 3/30/2016 3:21:00 AM, TUF wrote:

Whiteflame, Coletrain, VOT, Hayd, DK (obviously), Balacafa, BOT, Tajshar2k, Kasmic, Tejretics, Midnight, wylted, bballcrook, famousdebater, Forever23, TUF, NothingSpecial, Firewings (again grumble), and Bob13.

I don't know how many of these members have left but according to the docs page I got, they are in it.

Now as far as who actually voted on the submitted debates during the month of march (or at least bothered to update the doc page with their vote), we have: Hayd, Balacafa, wylted, Tej, VOT, and myself. The other voters may be voting elsewhere (I know BOT does for example, but for some reason doesn't seem to be voting from the docs page), but as far as I am aware, these are the only real VU members. I only joined recently at the beginning of March, and am not included in the main PM so there could be a lot of information I am not privy to. But the underlined members are most likely to vote on a submitted debate.

I do remember sometime ago the voters union, but I forget how what exactly their purpose is.

For example is it just for others on DDO to submit debates to be voted on that are of the highest quality ?

Is it a group where if you belong, your own debates if submitted will get voted on.
TUF
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
3/30/2016 3:37:07 AM
At 3/30/2016 3:27:16 AM, illegalcombat wrote:

I do remember sometime ago the voters union, but I forget how what exactly their purpose is.

For example is it just for others on DDO to submit debates to be voted on that are of the highest quality ?

I guess the standard for "Highest quality" is a little loose. I'd be more likely to vote on a debate of high quality, but generally debates that look like all rounds were made with a decent effort put into them, they will be included in the list (not overly forfeited debates, or troll debates which separates it from the current voting thread).

Is it a group where if you belong, your own debates if submitted will get voted on.

Yes, we've had members of the VU have their debates submitted and get voted on. But you aren't required to be a VU member in order to get your debate voted on if that's what you mean. It's from my experience the best working voting program created on DDO. In January, the results of this program were amazing for submitted votes. March was definitely not as good, but 13/18 debates submitted on the list so far received a quality vote (in some cases two) from VU members.
imabench
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
3/30/2016 3:38:20 AM
The VU is still a thing?
Kevin24018 : "He's just so mean it makes me want to ball up my fists and stamp on the ground"

7/14/16 = The Presidency Dies

DDO: THE MOVIE = http://www.debate.org...

VP of DDO from Dec 14th 2014 to Jan 1st 2015
illegalcombat
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
3/30/2016 3:38:29 AM
At 3/30/2016 3:37:07 AM, TUF wrote:

I guess the standard for "Highest quality" is a little loose. I'd be more likely to vote on a debate of high quality, but generally debates that look like all rounds were made with a decent effort put into them, they will be included in the list (not overly forfeited debates, or troll debates which separates it from the current voting thread).

Yes, we've had members of the VU have their debates submitted and get voted on. But you aren't required to be a VU member in order to get your debate voted on if that's what you mean. It's from my experience the best working voting program created on DDO. In January, the results of this program were amazing for submitted votes. March was definitely not as good, but 13/18 debates submitted on the list so far received a quality vote (in some cases two) from VU members.

How do you submit votes to the voters Union ?
Hayd
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
3/30/2016 3:40:48 AM
At 3/30/2016 3:38:29 AM, illegalcombat wrote:

PM to DK
TUF
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
3/30/2016 3:45:15 AM
At 3/30/2016 3:38:29 AM, illegalcombat wrote:

Well, that's what this thread is about really. You can post debates here, and they may be added to the list for people to vote on. As it is, you can submit debates to VU members personally, but to prevent bias they themselves will be restricted from voting on said debate. You can post them here or PM DK if you want them to be added to the list.
TUF
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
3/30/2016 3:45:53 AM
At 3/30/2016 3:38:20 AM, imabench wrote:
The VU is still a thing?

Is frozen hype still a thing?
imabench
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
3/30/2016 3:46:56 AM
At 3/30/2016 3:45:53 AM, TUF wrote:
The VU is still a thing?

watch yourself there
Kevin24018 : "He's just so mean it makes me want to ball up my fists and stamp on the ground"

TUF
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
3/30/2016 3:48:11 AM
At 3/30/2016 3:46:56 AM, imabench wrote:
The VU is still a thing?

watch yourself there

imabench
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
3/30/2016 3:50:37 AM
At 3/30/2016 3:48:11 AM, TUF wrote:
At 3/30/2016 3:46:56 AM, imabench wrote:
The VU is still a thing?

watch yourself there

XD

donald.keller
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
3/30/2016 3:55:36 AM
The VU is still a thing?

Almost 7 months old.
-- Don't forget to submit your unvoted debates to the Voter's Union --

OFFICIAL DK/TUF 2016 Platform: http://www.debate.org...

My Facebook Page: https://www.facebook.com...
#SaveThePresidency
#SaveTheSite

-- DK/TUF 2016 --
Aguilajoyce
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
3/30/2016 5:09:45 AM
At 3/29/2016 5:37:22 PM, TUF wrote:
So the march voting month is about to end and we will be headed April's session in a few days. While DK and other VU members generally scout the site for quality debates to vote on, if you would like to have your debate that you've recently started or are I'm the middle of be among the first wave of debates that gets and rfd, you can start submitting votes here. Not every submitted debate will make it to the list (if it is not a quality debate or a mostly FF'ed debate for example), but I'll try to make sure most of them are looked at. The Voters union tries to make sure every debate gets a minimum of two RFDs, or at the very least make sure it gets a vote.

Please submit your started debates for the VU if you'd like to bring some attention to the debates. Remember, the earlier on in the voting period it is that you submit the debate, your more likely it will be voted on before the timer expires.

Here are a few...that might meet your fancy...🙃🙃🙃

ssadi
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
3/30/2016 11:07:38 AM

http://www.debate.org... ... not voted yet!

These are not of quality debates, but they need votes :) Any vote would be appreciated, especially for first two..
Or were they created without anything being before them (or out of something different than the basic material of all creation, so that they know things others do not), or are they the creators (of themselves, so that they can maintain themselves and are free in their acts)? Or did they create the heavens and the earth (so that their sovereignty belongs to them)? No indeed. Rather, they have no certain knowledge (about creation, humankind, and the basic facts concerning them).

Quran, 52:35-36
TUF
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
3/30/2016 12:38:31 PM
At 3/30/2016 5:09:45 AM, Aguilajoyce wrote:
At 3/29/2016 5:37:22 PM, TUF wrote:

Here are a few...that might meet your fancy...🙃🙃🙃

We try to avoid voting on forfeit debates.

ColeTrain
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
3/30/2016 1:03:27 PM

I'm starting back up again in April. I just had to take a break from activity in general this month (march). I actually won the prize for most votes in the first month.