What is noob sniping

NothingSpecial99
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
3/29/2016 9:23:55 PM
Posted: 8 months ago
At 3/29/2016 8:35:05 PM, Seagull wrote:
I have seen this term around the site. What is it?

also, what does "nac" mean?

I believe noob sniping is when an experienced debator debates the noobs scoring most of the time easy wins
"Check your facts, not your privilege" - Christina Hoff Summers

If you go to jail for Tax Evasion, you're living off of Taxes as a result of not paying Taxes

"Facts don't care about your feelings" - Ben Shapiro
TUF
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
3/29/2016 9:26:50 PM

Noob sniping is scouring the debate challenge section looking for easy wins (opponents that don't look very skilled). Or setting up a challenge that you expect a noob will take by using bad grammar purposefully, then going all out on them in round 2 (User mikal was famous for this).

Not all caps. Debate.org does not let you post in the forums in all capitilized letters (or just numbers), so users will say nac as a placeholder to allow their comment.
"I've got to go and grab a shirt" ~ Airmax1227
Seagull
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
3/29/2016 9:27:34 PM
At 3/29/2016 9:26:50 PM, TUF wrote:

Noob sniping is scouring the debate challenge section looking for easy wins (opponents that don't look very skilled). Or setting up a challenge that you expect a noob will take by using bad grammar purposefully, then going all out on them in round 2 (User mikal was famous for this).

Not all caps. Debate.org does not let you post in the forums in all capitilized letters (or just numbers), so users will say nac as a placeholder to allow their comment.

Ah, makes sense.