Jump to topic:

Forever 23 Prez Platforms

Forever23
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
3/30/2016 1:01:24 AM
Posted: 8 months ago
Okay, so once again, congrats DDO with the upcoming race!

So in this debate, no way in a personal attack, I will be critiquing the platforms of the other DDO members running. Then, Id like to support my platform.

So let me start by critiquing Lannan's and Bossy's presidential platforms. This couple wants to allow name coloring which includes points and prizes. But that just will not work. Doing a name coloring system might not be something feasible and it will be next to impossible to count the points of around 17000 members. And for what will these points be? My opponents want to combine stickies and threads but thats not feasible. Not even for Max. We can delete threads but NOT merge them. My opponent goes on to say things on changing the sites components. However, ALL of these include the long lasting help of the moderator and other "forces" meaning Juggle lol.

Next, I would like to tackles the Imabench Platform. He believes that the presidency was only needed when Juggle was here but now that they have pretty much ditched us, we need presidency more than ever. The president makes the decisions, solves problems and finds ways to make DDO better. Abolishionism would result in a failed DDO with no one responsible body to make the choices. Next, on Airmax resolving all conflicts. Why not allow the president and Max to work together? Getting multiples viewpoints and solutions is what we need. This candidate then wants to allow voting on proposed laws... Every sixth months. But we need someone... Someone who goes along and sees whats wrong, makes updates, fixes issues right away. Right now, voter turnout is low but the president does make many new decisions. He sees the members. But some 33 people voting yes or no on policies does not represent the whole populace.

Also DK and TUF. They want DDO to revert to the old ways but thats not possible. As I said before, after the 2013 exodus of members, DDO is something quite different. We need to raise new member activity and starting old ways wont be the way. I cant quite attack the Voting Reform since almost nothing was said about that. Also, about Juggle. Is this even feasible? Its not. And we need n able president who can make valid and working reforms.

I will talk about Wylted/Rose after more about it is posted

To go over my own establishment:

1. Voting Amounts Problem Solutions
So, our position on the voting reform is complicated but after we have all grasped its contents, it will be working more efficiently than ever before. How? Well, firstly we must completely clear out the voting thread. The members will then message me the links of debates they need voted on. I or a members of the voting committee which I will choose will post the links daily in the thread. Once members vote on the debates, they will put their names next to the debates. The members who voted most at the end of the month will be prized.

2. Vote Requirement Reform
The system above will work but in order to make the voters be able to analyze the debate and vote well, we will have new requirements which I will try to push forward as president. So lets begin. Now, for a good RFD, one must simply list the unrefuted points of each side. The voter than has to provide the key points of each side of the argument. Afterwards, a voter will be required to provide tips on improvements for both debaters. About FF. FF will result in automatic loss of the conduct point. But if forfeiter still has more convincing arguments, he can win.

3. Forum Revival Effort
So, here is the plan. We believe that members should get feedback not only on DDO posts but on the other forums to. So, we will initiate forum revival effort. We will encourage new threads and posts to be created on the forums such as arts, economics, policy, society and philosophy. DDO should have a learning environment where members are able to have extremely serious discussions. So, people of the commitee will be assigned to the revival effort. We will sticky many of the threads to make the discussions filled and popular. More threads will be stickied and we will "combine" some forums.

4. Other Areas
So... DDO is a community which must become larger and larger on a daily basis. Why not do something that promotes us? DDO must have or even enter writing contests monthly. Our site needs something new and this will be the new things I will implement. DDO does need events to allow members to practice their writing skills on DDO and as president, this is one of the first things I will do.

5. Maf Reform
On DDO, I want to implement something that will allow 2 or 3 mafia games to run simultaneously as oppose to one. The mafia games are all of differents sizes and have different member amounts so why not have seperated host lists? Once list will be for the mini games consistting of 5-14 members. The large games will be 15-24 members. In order to keep the games running well, there will be a player limit of 24. We want mafia games running smoothly and a way to do that is by doing a player limit and preventing mod kills. Most importantly, I will the working with those in charge of beginner series to provide reforms on how to run the beginner series which educate the new players.

6. Community Contact
As mentioned and discussed in the philosophy, we want the community to be in charge of Debate.Org. How? In every decision we make, we will look for feedback from you. We will see what most of the members think of the update and depends on the feedback, we will make change. In addition, whenever we see enhancement suggestions, the presidency will look into the tip and if logical and possible, we will do what we can to make it part of the DDO rules and make it part of the way we run.

7. Advisory Panel
Despite our efforts to communicate with the people, we will uphold the idea of the advisory panel. I will find a crew of 10-20 members to help make the decisions and communicate with the other site members. The advisory panel will be a prominent aspect of my presidency.

Thank you and please vote for us!
PetersSmith
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
3/30/2016 1:14:08 AM
At 3/30/2016 1:01:24 AM, Forever23 wrote:

So in this debate, no way in a personal attack, I will be critiquing the platforms of the other DDO members running. Then, Id like to support my platform.

So let me start by critiquing Lannan's and Bossy's presidential platforms. This couple wants to allow name coloring which includes points and prizes. But that just will not work. Doing a name coloring system might not be something feasible and it will be next to impossible to count the points of around 17000 members. And for what will these points be? My opponents want to combine stickies and threads but thats not feasible. Not even for Max. We can delete threads but NOT merge them. My opponent goes on to say things on changing the sites components. However, ALL of these include the long lasting help of the moderator and other "forces" meaning Juggle lol.

Sweetheart, Burrito & Lannan aren't running...
Empress of DDO (also Poll and Forum "Maintenance" Moderator)

"The two most important days in your life is the day you were born, and the day you find out why."
~Mark Twain

"Wow"
-Doge

"Don't believe everything you read on the internet just because there's a picture with a quote next to it."
~Abraham Lincoln

Guide to the Polls Section: http://www.debate.org...
TBR
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
3/30/2016 1:18:48 AM

Not running. That was a necropost from... I don't know, two years ago?

Next, I would like to tackles the Imabench Platform. He believes that the presidency was only needed when Juggle was here but now that they have pretty much ditched us, we need presidency more than ever. The president makes the decisions, solves problems and finds ways to make DDO better. Abolishionism would result in a failed DDO with no one responsible body to make the choices. Next, on Airmax resolving all conflicts. Why not allow the president and Max to work together? Getting multiples viewpoints and solutions is what we need. This candidate then wants to allow voting on proposed laws... Every sixth months. But we need someone... Someone who goes along and sees whats wrong, makes updates, fixes issues right away. Right now, voter turnout is low but the president does make many new decisions. He sees the members. But some 33 people voting yes or no on policies does not represent the whole populace.

1) Failure of DDO? Yea, that would be it, right? Total failure of a site due to a lack of a president.
2) Representing the population of a site? Laws? Just what do you think the president does?

Also DK and TUF. They want DDO to revert to the old ways but thats not possible. As I said before, after the 2013 exodus of members, DDO is something quite different. We need to raise new member activity and starting old ways wont be the way. I cant quite attack the Voting Reform since almost nothing was said about that. Also, about Juggle. Is this even feasible? Its not. And we need n able president who can make valid and working reforms.

Whatever.
Forever23
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
3/30/2016 1:57:43 AM
At 3/30/2016 1:14:08 AM, PetersSmith wrote:

Sweetheart, Burrito & Lannan aren't running...

0.0 It was a thread
donald.keller
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
3/30/2016 2:55:41 AM

You didn't quite prove that DDO can't reflect what it was like 2 years ago... I'm confused as to how having new members makes it impossible? Your case can be summed up in this syllogism:

P1- Old members are gone, new members are in.
P2- ????
C- DDO can't be the same.

Especially since none of the aspects we hope to change require any specific kind of member. Every reform/change is universally usable for any generation of member.

Secondly, contacting Juggle is a secondary objective, one I hope to achieve while putting most of my effort into the rest of the platform. Either-way, you don't prove how contacting Juggle won't work. You are following a political cliche with no new argument. I'd say I'm doing the same, but my means of contacting juggle are far different than anyone else's.

Also, we listed quite a bit about Voting...

So, our position on the voting reform is complicated but after we have all grasped its contents, it will be working more efficiently than ever before. How? Well, firstly we must completely clear out the voting thread. The members will then message me the links of debates they need voted on. I or a members of the voting committee which I will choose will post the links daily in the thread. Once members vote on the debates, they will put their names next to the debates. The members who voted most at the end of the month will be prized.

Official programs can not have cash prizes. How does this beat out the VU, a non-official program that your idea literally copy/pasted, that does offer cash prizes, and a more experienced/advanced infrastructure and set-up? I can already see one feature of your idea that the VU did away with long ago in turn for a better system.

The system above will work but in order to make the voters be able to analyze the debate and vote well, we will have new requirements which I will try to push forward as president. So lets begin. Now, for a good RFD, one must simply list the unrefuted points of each side. The voter than has to provide the key points of each side of the argument. Afterwards, a voter will be required to provide tips on improvements for both debaters. About FF. FF will result in automatic loss of the conduct point. But if forfeiter still has more convincing arguments, he can win.

FF = automatic loss? Isn't this up to the voter entirely? Me and Tej do NOT hand out Conduct or S&G, so what about us? Our platform wants to put options forward as the centerpiece of the Voting System.

3. Forum Revival Effort
So, here is the plan. We believe that members should get feedback not only on DDO posts but on the other forums to. So, we will initiate forum revival effort. We will encourage new threads and posts to be created on the forums such as arts, economics, policy, society and philosophy. DDO should have a learning environment where members are able to have extremely serious discussions. So, people of the commitee will be assigned to the revival effort. We will sticky many of the threads to make the discussions filled and popular. More threads will be stickied and we will "combine" some forums.

Bsh is already trying this. Community efforts can work better with presidential support, as opposed to the president doing it himself, where the community has little involvement or interest.
-- Don't forget to submit your unvoted debates to the Voter's Union --

OFFICIAL DK/TUF 2016 Platform: http://www.debate.org...

My Facebook Page: https://www.facebook.com...
#SaveThePresidency
#SaveTheSite

-- DK/TUF 2016 --
imabench
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
3/30/2016 3:31:05 AM

So let me start by critiquing Lannan's and Bossy's presidential platforms.

Lannan and Bossy arent running you dingus XD check the thread, its from a year ago

Next, I would like to tackles the Imabench Platform. He believes that the presidency was only needed when Juggle was here but now that they have pretty much ditched us, we need presidency more than ever. The president makes the decisions, solves problems and finds ways to make DDO better. Abolishionism would result in a failed DDO with no one responsible body to make the choices.

All three of those are just assertions with no logic or reasoning to back up those claims whatsoever. DDO survived when there wasnt a president in between Ore Ele and Mikal being presidents, it survived before a presidency was ever even invented, and it will survive without a presidency as well, since the president doesnt even do anything of importance to begin with.

Next, on Airmax resolving all conflicts. Why not allow the president and Max to work together?

They do, idiot, im saying that because Max already holds 99% of the power and influence regarding moderating disputes, we can simply hand him the other 1% of influence that the presidency holds in moderating disputes.

This candidate then wants to allow voting on proposed laws... Every sixth months. But we need someone... Someone who goes along and sees whats wrong, makes updates, fixes issues right away. Right now, voter turnout is low but the president does make many new decisions. He sees the members. But some 33 people voting yes or no on policies does not represent the whole populace.

Does anyone else get a Michelle Bachmann type vibe from Forever? Where you just lose brain cells every time she tries to say something because its so painfully obvious she has no idea what she is talking about?

You mean platform, not establishment. Idiot.

What do you mean 'us'? You havent even selected a VP yet because absolutely nobody wants to run with you, let alone vote with you.
Kevin24018 : "He's just so mean it makes me want to ball up my fists and stamp on the ground"

7/14/16 = The Presidency Dies

DDO: THE MOVIE = http://www.debate.org...
http://www.debate.org...

VP of DDO from Dec 14th 2014 to Jan 1st 2015
Rosalie
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
3/30/2016 4:29:47 AM
At 3/30/2016 3:31:05 AM, imabench wrote:

So let me start by critiquing Lannan's and Bossy's presidential platforms.

Lannan and Bossy arent running you dingus XD check the thread, its from a year ago

Next, I would like to tackles the Imabench Platform. He believes that the presidency was only needed when Juggle was here but now that they have pretty much ditched us, we need presidency more than ever. The president makes the decisions, solves problems and finds ways to make DDO better. Abolishionism would result in a failed DDO with no one responsible body to make the choices.

All three of those are just assertions with no logic or reasoning to back up those claims whatsoever. DDO survived when there wasnt a president in between Ore Ele and Mikal being presidents, it survived before a presidency was ever even invented, and it will survive without a presidency as well, since the president doesnt even do anything of importance to begin with.

Next, on Airmax resolving all conflicts. Why not allow the president and Max to work together?

They do, idiot, im saying that because Max already holds 99% of the power and influence regarding moderating disputes, we can simply hand him the other 1% of influence that the presidency holds in moderating disputes.

This candidate then wants to allow voting on proposed laws... Every sixth months. But we need someone... Someone who goes along and sees whats wrong, makes updates, fixes issues right away. Right now, voter turnout is low but the president does make many new decisions. He sees the members. But some 33 people voting yes or no on policies does not represent the whole populace.

Does anyone else get a Michelle Bachmann type vibe from Forever? Where you just lose brain cells every time she tries to say something because its so painfully obvious she has no idea what she is talking about?

You mean platform, not establishment. Idiot.

What do you mean 'us'? You havent even selected a VP yet because absolutely nobody wants to run with you, let alone vote with you.

Calm down hunny
" We need more videos of cat's playing the piano on the internet" - My art professor.

"Criticism is easier to take when you realize that the only people who aren't criticized are those who don't take risks." - Donald Trump

Officially Mrs. 16Kadams 8-30-16
tejretics
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
3/30/2016 6:19:36 AM
There's one basic problem with your whole platform, Forever. You don't elucidate why anything you plan on doing should be done. You don't justify any of your proposals. For example, I strongly disagree that any further "voting reform" is required. Once the proposal that Airmax put forward has been passed, voting reform is ideal as it is. The same with the rest of the site. There's really nothing that the president can do to make the site a "better place" anymore. It is the community alone that can make the site a better place. And that is exactly what Imabench's platform is suggesting. The abolition of the presidency will be followed by: (1) shifting all official tournaments to a mod sign-up list as well, (2) giving all powers of the presidency that are absolutely required to Airmax and the moderators, who'll also act as the Juggle representative, and (3) working to form a more direct democracy system. I strongly disliked Imabench's platform initially, because I didn't have faith in the site's community to choose the right thing. But I was proven wrong by the site's consensus on voting reform. Following that vote, I gained faith in what the site could do. DK and TUF -- who are running for the presidency -- proved that any member can be powerful when they want to. They passed voting reform out of their sheer dedication and faith in the community. And Imabench is going to give the community that power.

In all honesty, there are only two platforms worthy of consideration: (1) Imabench's platform, and (2) DK's platform. Imabench will give the power to the community; DK and TUF are people who can similarly be trusted with power. Why do you think you can be trusted with the same power? I already disagree with your further voting reform, and I don't think the site needs anything beyond what the community wants. In that sense, Imabench is the strongest candidate. But if ever Juggle becomes active, DK's campaign is the best, because TUF has already dealt with Juggle and has overseen changes to the site. TUF was among the best presidents of all, and DK is essentially campaigning for a second TUF presidency. Imabench is campaigning for the community. Thus far, none of the other platforms seems remotely appealing.
"Where justice is denied, where poverty is enforced, where ignorance prevails, and where any one class is made to feel that society is an organized conspiracy to oppress, rob and degrade them, neither persons nor property will be safe." - Frederick Douglass
tejretics
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
3/30/2016 6:45:27 AM
To more directly address your post:

(1) Your critique of Imabench's campaign is largely nonsensical. All the president does is allow further community gathering, which can easily be done without a president. I thought the president's moderation power was important, but that has been proven demonstrably false following the vote for voting standards. There are currently five moderators (six moderator positions), who -- when working together -- can easily replace the president, which they have already de facto done. Imabench will work with moderation to formulate a once-in-six-months direct democracy vote. The only possible objection to this is whether to trust the community to do what is right for the site, because the presidency -- outside of that -- is largely a worthless position. Your objection was "DDO can't survive without a presidency," which it can. It already has. In fact, during Ore_Ele's presidency, the only purpose to it was contacting Juggle. I didn't even know Ore_Ele was the president. You've gained this idea that the president is needed because of what bsh1 has done in his terms -- which isn't out of necessity.

(2) You're essentially straw-manning the entirety of DK/TUF's campaign. They aren't trying to make the *site* what it once was, they're trying to make the *presidency* what it was before Mikal was elected. Mikal's election essentially stripped the worth out of the presidency. DK and TUF acknowledge that, and seek to give the value back to the presidency. DK/TUF and Imabench agree that the presidency in its current form is worthless, but their disagreement is on how to solve the issue. The former are proposing to turn the presidency to what it was under Bladerunner/bsh1 and TUF/Cody_Franklin. TUF has experience both in dealing with Juggle and in being an awesome president. DK -- with things like "the Voter Union" -- is essentially doing, without being president, what TUF and bladerunner did as presidents: organizing debate voting, giving prizes, et cetera. DK is promising to change the presidency to what it once was. Not the site -- the presidency.

Your attempts at pointing out the flaws in both these platforms is deeply flawed.
"Where justice is denied, where poverty is enforced, where ignorance prevails, and where any one class is made to feel that society is an organized conspiracy to oppress, rob and degrade them, neither persons nor property will be safe." - Frederick Douglass
Forever23
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
3/30/2016 11:10:36 PM
At 3/30/2016 1:18:48 AM, TBR wrote:

Not running. That was a necropost from... I don't know, two years ago?

Stupid mistake on my part

1) Failure of DDO? Yea, that would be it, right? Total failure of a site due to a lack of a president.

To a degree. DDOs president makes the reforms and solves the problems on our site. Many people believe that the abolisionism is needed since presidents are bad so the presidency is to. But its not about the presidency. It is about who the president is.
2) Representing the population of a site? Laws? Just what do you think the president does?

The president provides reforms and changed the site for the better

Whatever.
Forever23
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
3/30/2016 11:14:13 PM
At 3/30/2016 2:55:41 AM, donald.keller wrote:

You didn't quite prove that DDO can't reflect what it was like 2 years ago... I'm confused as to how having new members makes it impossible? Your case can be summed up in this syllogism:

P1- Old members are gone, new members are in.
P2- ????
C- DDO can't be the same.

Especially since none of the aspects we hope to change require any specific kind of member. Every reform/change is universally usable for any generation of member.

Yes. But at the end, the members revive the forums... Vote. The members left and the members now just expect different things.

Secondly, contacting Juggle is a secondary objective, one I hope to achieve while putting most of my effort into the rest of the platform. Either-way, you don't prove how contacting Juggle won't work. You are following a political cliche with no new argument. I'd say I'm doing the same, but my means of contacting juggle are far different than anyone else's.

You say you want to visit their HQ. How do you expect that to work out?

Also, we listed quite a bit about Voting...

Official programs can not have cash prizes. How does this beat out the VU, a non-official program that your idea literally copy/pasted, that does offer cash prizes, and a more experienced/advanced infrastructure and set-up? I can already see one feature of your idea that the VU did away with long ago in turn for a better system.

I should have elaborated. No cash prizes.

FF = automatic loss? Isn't this up to the voter entirely? Me and Tej do NOT hand out Conduct or S&G, so what about us? Our platform wants to put options forward as the centerpiece of the Voting System.

3. Forum Revival Effort

Bsh is already trying this. Community efforts can work better with presidential support, as opposed to the president doing it himself, where the community has little involvement or interest.

Tell how effective that is...