Jump to topic:

Member appreciation thread

1harderthanyouthink
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
3/31/2016 9:54:45 PM
Posted: 8 months ago
I'm bored, and I don't have anything good to do. So the DDO forums have been filled with loads of sh!t thrown around and flaming and passive-aggression lately...or so that's the vibe I'm getting. So...happy time, I guess:

Give some shoutouts to members who you think have done something positive recently, or someone who has been a positive person in your time here over the past few years...whatever. Just give a positive shoutout.
"It's awfully considerate of you to think of me here,
And I'm much obliged to you for making it clear - that I'm not here."

-Syd Barrett

DDO Risk King
TBR
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
3/31/2016 9:56:30 PM
At 3/31/2016 9:54:45 PM, 1harderthanyouthink wrote:
I'm bored, and I don't have anything good to do. So the DDO forums have been filled with loads of sh!t thrown around and flaming and passive-aggression lately...or so that's the vibe I'm getting. So...happy time, I guess:

Give some shoutouts to members who you think have done something positive recently, or someone who has been a positive person in your time here over the past few years...whatever. Just give a positive shoutout.

Well, no kidding, the first person I can think to give a positive shout out to is you. So.... Well then...
Hayd
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
3/31/2016 10:01:16 PM
Shoutout to tejretics for consistently contributing substantial content through votes, OP's, and debates. Awesome guy, and fun to debate with
EndarkenedRationalist
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
3/31/2016 10:04:40 PM
Shoutout to bsh1 for being one of the best presidents DDO has had. I know he's been involved in a fair deal of drama lately, but nonetheless, it's important for him to remember that we all respect and appreciate his sincerity and all the effort he's put into trying to make DDO a better place.
Rosalie
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
3/31/2016 10:05:45 PM
1harder- for always contributing intellectual intellegent posts in the Politics forum.
YYW- for making threads that never die.
Esocial- for being a great friend.

And yeah...

Oh, and Raisor..whenever I'm in a bad mood in hangouts, he always says something to make me laugh..
" We need more videos of cat's playing the piano on the internet" - My art professor.

"Criticism is easier to take when you realize that the only people who aren't criticized are those who don't take risks." - Donald Trump

Officially Mrs. 16Kadams 8-30-16
EndarkenedRationalist
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
3/31/2016 10:07:03 PM
Shoutout to TUF for working to resurrect a live tournament challenge. Hopefully this will increase the number of quality debates around here.
Hayd
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
3/31/2016 10:07:09 PM
At 3/31/2016 10:05:45 PM, Rosalie wrote:
1harder- for always contributing intellectual intellegent posts in the Politics forum.

And yeah...

Oh, and Raisor..whenever I'm in a bad mood in hangouts, he always says something to make me laugh..

fvcking thought this was airmax again
Hoppi
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
3/31/2016 10:07:58 PM
Off the top of my head, here are some people who've said funny, clever or interesting things recently: TBR; 1harder (this thread); Raisor; lamerde; Maikuru; popculturepooka; fly; skepsikyma (at least he tries); petfish; death23; airmax; bsh1 (although I disagree with most of what he says, it's still interesting); f-16; TUF; sengejuri and faustianjustice; magicaintreal (debating!); emmarie; philochristos.

There are lots more. I don't always remember people's names anyway. Actually, the best things I read are from people I don't "know" who are just debating and writing stuff.

Thanks DDO!!

*fireworks and applause*
EndarkenedRationalist
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
3/31/2016 10:08:52 PM
Shoutout to both Diq and Hayd for being two of the most dedicated readers in the DDO Writer's Club. They input they've given a number of us truly is invaluable. And they're working to read and comment on stories with no real reward. It's a fair amount of effort. So thank you both.
EndarkenedRationalist
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
3/31/2016 10:11:10 PM
Shoutout to Saph, who has tirelessly overseen the reformed Mafia beginners' series! That's another commitment which requires a large amount of time and energy. Yet Saph has handled it masterfully, and I have faith that she will continue to do so well into the future.
Hoppi
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
3/31/2016 10:12:55 PM
Oh yeah. TUF, tejretics. See, this is why these threads suck. People get left off because you can't mention everyone. I wish I hadn't posted now.
birdlandmemories
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
3/31/2016 10:14:03 PM
Shoutout to the religion forum for providing non-stop entertainment and comedy.

Anyways in terms of members shoutout for Peterssmith for leading in virtually every poll category.
Ashton
EndarkenedRationalist
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
3/31/2016 10:14:13 PM
At 3/31/2016 10:12:55 PM, Hoppi wrote:
Oh yeah. TUF, tejretics. See, this is why these threads suck. People get left off because you can't mention everyone. I wish I hadn't posted now.

No one's expecting you to be able to get everyone. We all forget people.
EndarkenedRationalist
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
3/31/2016 10:16:58 PM
And a shoutout to YOU, yes you, for taking the time to read this. A shoutout to you for being a wonderful and valuable member of our little community. You are awesome.
imabench
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
3/31/2016 10:20:10 PM
Shoutout to Airmax for not banning me over those dick pics I accidentally posted in our PM together that were meant for DK.
Kevin24018 : "He's just so mean it makes me want to ball up my fists and stamp on the ground"
Geogeer: "Nobody is dumb enough to become my protege."

7/14/16 = The Presidency Dies

DDO: THE MOVIE = http://www.debate.org...
http://www.debate.org...

VP of DDO from Dec 14th 2014 to Jan 1st 2015
ESocialBookworm
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
3/31/2016 10:21:41 PM
At 3/31/2016 10:15:50 PM, EndarkenedRationalist wrote:
Of course, a shoutout to my beloved Annie. My heart, my light, the love of my life.

Shoutout to you for being you!
Solonkr~
I don't care about whether an ideology is "necessary" or not,
I care about how to solve problems,
which is what everyone else should also care about.

Ken~
In essence, the world is fucked up and you can either ignore it, become cynical or bitter about it.

Me~
"BAILEY + SOLON = SAILEY
MY SHIP SAILEY MUST SAIL"

SCREW THAT SHIZ #BANNIE = BAILEY & ANNIE

P.S. Shipped Sailey before it was cannon bitches.
1harderthanyouthink
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
3/31/2016 10:23:26 PM
At 3/31/2016 10:12:55 PM, Hoppi wrote:

It doesn't have to be everyone...or anyone really important. It can be someone who flies under the radar for the most part. It can be anyone.
"It's awfully considerate of you to think of me here,
And I'm much obliged to you for making it clear - that I'm not here."

-Syd Barrett

DDO Risk King
ESocialBookworm
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
3/31/2016 10:24:04 PM
Shoutout to every single person that I've ever spoken to! Regardless of whether we've argued or not (yes you too:P), thank you for being part of the DDO experience, and impacting my life! :D
Solonkr~

Ken~
In essence, the world is fucked up and you can either ignore it, become cynical or bitter about it.

Me~
"BAILEY + SOLON = SAILEY

imabench
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
3/31/2016 10:26:43 PM
Shout out to people who dont know what the opposite of in is
Kevin24018 : "He's just so mean it makes me want to ball up my fists and stamp on the ground"
Geogeer: "Nobody is dumb enough to become my protege."

7/14/16 = The Presidency Dies

DDO: THE MOVIE = http://www.debate.org...
http://www.debate.org...

VP of DDO from Dec 14th 2014 to Jan 1st 2015
ESocialBookworm
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
3/31/2016 10:28:07 PM
At 3/31/2016 10:26:43 PM, imabench wrote:
Shout out to people who dont know what the opposite of in is

Shout-out to bench for flashing us in that one hangout and helping Mikal out of the closet!
Solonkr~

Ken~

Me~
"BAILEY + SOLON = SAILEY

PetersSmith
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
3/31/2016 10:29:29 PM
At 3/31/2016 9:54:45 PM, 1harderthanyouthink wrote:

Shout-out to airmax for still putting up with our shenanigans and drama for 4 years. Shout-out to 1harder for being one of the biggest contributors to this site, yet also being mostly drama-free. Shout-out to bsh for trying to remain strong during his presidency to the bitter end. Shout-out to Esocial for being one of the most accepting and nicest members on the site. Shout-out to imabench for bringing "life" to the community. Shout-out to lannan13, Raisor, Skepsikyma, Maikuru, donald.keller, TUF, Cody_Franklin, Hayd, EndarkenedRationalist, inferno, TN05, ColeTrain, Greyparrot, tajshar2k, Romanii, Buddamoose, kasmic, Vaarka, dylancatlow, and tejretics for also being very strong, mostly drama-free contributors to the site and also staples of the community. Shout-out to thett3 for being the first major openly Trump supporter. Shout-out to UtherPenguin for being a strong and sometimes funny fellow poll maker. Shout-out to whiteflame and Blade-of-Truth for being wonderful mods and putting in the hard work for free. And finally, shout-out to Juggle for uniting us against a common enemy: you.
Empress of DDO (also Poll and Forum "Maintenance" Moderator)

"The two most important days in your life is the day you were born, and the day you find out why."
~Mark Twain

"Wow"
-Doge

"Don't believe everything you read on the internet just because there's a picture with a quote next to it."
~Abraham Lincoln

Guide to the Polls Section: http://www.debate.org...
Rosalie
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
3/31/2016 10:30:06 PM
At 3/31/2016 10:29:10 PM, EndarkenedRationalist wrote:
Shoutout to Kirigaya, who's left for the moment, but I truly hope he returns. He was a friend of mine.

+1
" We need more videos of cat's playing the piano on the internet" - My art professor.

"Criticism is easier to take when you realize that the only people who aren't criticized are those who don't take risks." - Donald Trump

Officially Mrs. 16Kadams 8-30-16
famousdebater
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
3/31/2016 10:30:28 PM
At 3/31/2016 10:16:58 PM, EndarkenedRationalist wrote:
And a shoutout to YOU, yes you, for taking the time to read this. A shoutout to you for being a wonderful and valuable member of our little community. You are awesome.

*bows*
"Life calls the tune, we dance."
John Galsworthy
EndarkenedRationalist
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
3/31/2016 10:30:57 PM
A shoutout to all my dear friends who have departed DDO, including but by no means limited to Rev, Daltonian, JMK, NiamC, Denny, and Zaradi. I still miss them all. They were all respected and influential members here, in their own way.
Emmarie
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
3/31/2016 10:33:15 PM
Shouts out to everyone who posted on this thread. Shouts out to anyone who takes the time to READ and vote on debates. Shouts out to Airmax for being a great moderator. Shouts out to bsh1 for being a president who cares about this website.

Shout out to everyone who I've had dialog with on here and loud shout outs to every youngsta who accepts me as JoMomma (not your mom - just a middle ages social misfit who needs a venue of dialog and expression that is unavailable to me in a broad spectrum in face to face life.)

Shout out to Double_R - for his informative and humorous approach when debating. Shouts out to DanneJeRusse for helping me on the flat earth thread when I thought I was gonna fall off the edge (pun intended)
Sapphique
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
3/31/2016 10:44:05 PM
At 3/31/2016 10:07:09 PM, Hayd wrote:
At 3/31/2016 10:05:45 PM, Rosalie wrote:

And yeah...

fvcking thought this was airmax again

Same XD This switching avvies thing has confused me quite a bit recently.
DDO Beginners' Mafia Moderator -- PM me if you'd like to learn how to play mafia!

"We wondered what happiness would look like if we could give it a physical form...the shape of happiness might resemble glass...even though you don't usually notice it, it's still definitely there. You merely have to change your point of view slightly, and then that glass will sparkle when it reflects the light. I doubt that anything else could argue its own existence more eloquently." ~Lelouch