Jump to topic:

Raisor is Running for President

Raisor
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
4/1/2016 1:55:14 AM
Posted: 8 months ago
"Some battles are won with vig-shots and night kills, others with POE and soft claims" (Paraphrased)

Long-windedness is not a trait I admire, so my platform will be like as short as I can manage. Below you will find my four plank platform outlined in brief. I also intend to abide by the month long moratorium on campaign discussion that the other serious presidential candidates have agreed to, so I will not be making any other statements on my candidacy until May. Don"t even bother asking me questions about my candidacy- my word is bond and I will abide by this agreement in the strictest sense.

On the topic of VP: I will have none. The position will remain open as a gesture of respect and acknowledgement of the political injustices committed in past elections.

1) Originalist Principles:

First, my most serious campaign promise is to treat the entirety of my constituency with respect.That"s a principle held by one of DDO"s Founding Fathers, our first president Ragnar_Rahl. As we reckon with the current turning point in the presidency, when some call for its abolition, I choose to look backwards at the origins of the office while moving toward a bright future. With this backwards facing approach, I will restore the presidency to its true origins. Central to my platform are two values Ragnar_Rahl held dear: small government and free markets. Nonetheless, I will have an extensive list of cabinet positions available to interested parties. All cabinet positions will be free of actual power and responsibility, but may be called on to perform services related to the fourth plank of my platform.

2) Lassaiz- Faire as Guiding Principle

I believe in communities, I believe that the power to organize and problem solve exists at all levels from the roots of Poaceae to the pinnacles of authority. My administration will recognize the latent power of the DDO community by doing very very little. The extent to which I do anything at all as president will be entirely up to my caprice and whim. The community will be free to operate without encumbrance, lubricated by the market structure outline below. Overwhelmingly the DDO community wants a less invasive presidency, and I offer a path other than presidential dissolution: presidential apathy. My activity will be dominated by giving feel-good citations for site activity worthy of Presidential acknowledgement and performing personal favors along the lines described below. Some may feel that this approach is overly flippant and denigrates the office of the presidency- but my new way forward echoes the attitudes of the early elections. The Presidency need not be a drag to be worth having around.

3) Raisor Rubles + Transactional Politics

Perhaps the biggest initiative I will implement is an official presidential currency: the Raisor Ruble. Raisor Rubles can be exchanged for private favors from the DDO President- a Raisor Ruble might be used to get me to vote on your debate, to post an official Presidential thread drawing attention to your debate, or to instigate an official referendum on a given topic. Similarly, Raisor Rubles can be exchanged between members via PM with the Presidential office copied. Maybe you want to swap spots in line for Modding Mafia - offer a Raisor Ruble to someone ahead of you and copy me on the final PM. Want a referendum on vote moderation? Better get out there and earn some Raisor Rubles. This policy makes political agency available to all, everyone has the chance to start a presidential initiative- they just have to prove they earned it by paying in Raisor Rubles. I will give everyone who votes for me this election one Raisor Ruble. Everyone who pledges to vote for me in this thread before March will get TWO Raisor Rubles. The first ten people to pledge will get FIVE Raisor Rubles. This policy will introduce Raisor Rubles into circulation while demonstrating a key aspect of my commitment to transactional politics - my loyalty and dedication to supporting my constituency.

And so I ask that this election you look past the frills, bells, whistles, cat-calls, and convoluted promises and make the obvious choice:

>Cut the Crap, Vote Raisor<
ColeTrain
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
4/1/2016 2:14:17 AM
At 4/1/2016 1:55:14 AM, Raisor wrote:

The plot thickens.
"The right to 360 noscope noobs shall not be infringed!!!" -- tajshar2k
"So, to start off, I've never committed suicide." -- Vaarka
"I eat glue." -- brontoraptor
"I mean, at this rate, I'd argue for a ham sandwich presidency." -- ResponsiblyIrresponsible
"Overthrow Assad, heil jihad." -- 16kadams when trolling in hangout
"Hillary Clinton is not my favorite person ... and her campaign is as inspiring as a bowl of cottage cheese." -- YYW
ColeTrain
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
4/1/2016 2:20:39 AM
Everyone who pledges to vote for me in this thread before March will get TWO Raisor Rubles.

Before March?
"I mean, at this rate, I'd argue for a ham sandwich presidency." -- ResponsiblyIrresponsible
"Hillary Clinton is not my favorite person ... and her campaign is as inspiring as a bowl of cottage cheese." -- YYW
SolonKR
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
4/1/2016 2:21:06 AM
CALLED IT. This certainly has some novelty, and I was very tempted to abandon my morals and pledge just so I can get Raisor Rubles if you win, regardless of whether or not I actually support you in the end, lol.

I think you might be the first and only candidate who could actually gain a lot from having a VP (or at least some administrative partner), though; are you really going to be able to dedicate so much time that everybody with Raisor Rubles can expect to get things from you on demand?

I look forward to some good campaigning (in a month). Why'd you announce today rather than then, btw?
SO to Bailey, the love of my life <3
Raisor
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
4/1/2016 2:25:11 AM
At 4/1/2016 2:21:06 AM, SolonKR wrote:
CALLED IT. This certainly has some novelty, and I was very tempted to abandon my morals and pledge just so I can get Raisor Rubles if you win, regardless of whether or not I actually support you in the end, lol.

I think you might be the first and only candidate who could actually gain a lot from having a VP (or at least some administrative partner), though; are you really going to be able to dedicate so much time that everybody with Raisor Rubles can expect to get things from you on demand?

I look forward to some good campaigning (in a month). Why'd you announce today rather than then, btw?

You have until May to pledge your support and earn some Raisor Rubles.

My cabinet will help me administer my fiscal policy maybe. I did say the cabinet would help with certain things.

The prices for services will work on supply and demand, thats how a market economy works. If the demand is high, I will raise prices on my services to encourage others to go out and earn some Raisor Rubles.
Raisor
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
4/1/2016 2:26:26 AM
At 4/1/2016 2:21:34 AM, Maikuru wrote:
What's the ratio of Raisor Rubles to Schrute Bucks?

My administration does not recognize Schrute Bucks.

The cash value of a Raisor Ruble is around 20 dollars.
Raisor
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
4/1/2016 2:27:32 AM
At 4/1/2016 2:20:39 AM, ColeTrain wrote:
Everyone who pledges to vote for me in this thread before March will get TWO Raisor Rubles.

Before March?

May.

You could be my Secretary of Corrections if you want a cabinet position.
F-16_Fighting_Falcon
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
4/1/2016 2:28:57 AM
At 4/1/2016 2:26:26 AM, Raisor wrote:

Give me thousand Raisor Rubles and you've got my support (I live the US so I'll need you to convert them before sending them to me). My support will be invaluable and all but guarantee your victory.

I'm disappointed that each Raisor Ruble is only worth 0.0015 Falcon Talons but no doubt your stock will increase marginally once you get the all-important position of DDO president.
ColeTrain
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
4/1/2016 2:30:02 AM
At 4/1/2016 2:27:32 AM, Raisor wrote:
At 4/1/2016 2:20:39 AM, ColeTrain wrote:

Before March?

May.

Alright, that was confusing.

You could be my Secretary of Corrections if you want a cabinet position.

Lol :P
Raisor
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
4/1/2016 2:30:53 AM
At 4/1/2016 2:28:57 AM, F-16_Fighting_Falcon wrote:

Give me thousand Raisor Rubles and you've got my support (I live the US so I'll need you to convert them before sending them to me). My support will be invaluable and all but guarantee your victory.

I'm disappointed that each Raisor Ruble is only worth 0.0015 Falcon Talons but no doubt your stock will increase marginally once you get the all-important position of DDO president.

As posted in OP if you pledge support now and vote for me you will get five Raisor Rubles.

I don't think you have the authority to dictate monetary policy at the moment.
Raisor
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
4/1/2016 2:34:29 AM
ATTN:

As posted in my OP, I will not be discussing my campaign beginning at midnight eastern time per the agreed moratorium on campaigning. I will not answer any questions after that time.
SolonKR
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
4/1/2016 2:39:29 AM
At 4/1/2016 2:30:53 AM, Raisor wrote:

Will your administration have a central bank that will engage in bond selling/buying should the market require it?
SO to Bailey, the love of my life <3
lannan13
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
4/1/2016 2:44:39 AM
Starts a petition against campaigning until May, campaigns anyways.
-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-Lannan13'S SIGNATURE-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-

If the sky's the limit then why do we have footprints on the Moon? I'm shooting my aspirations for the stars.

"If you are going through hell, keep going." "Sir Winston Churchill

"No one can make you feel inferior without your consent." "Eleanor Roosevelt

Topics I want to debate. (http://tinyurl.com...)
-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~
Raisor
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
4/1/2016 2:44:40 AM
At 4/1/2016 2:39:29 AM, SolonKR wrote:

Will your administration have a central bank that will engage in bond selling/buying should the market require it?

The goal is to start simple and establish confidence in the currency. Once the Raisor Ruble is in circulation we will get a better feel for how the markets value it and what tweaks need to be made in the long term.
Raisor
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
4/1/2016 2:46:49 AM
At 4/1/2016 2:44:39 AM, lannan13 wrote:
Starts a petition against campaigning until May, campaigns anyways.

As noted in the other thread, the agreement begins midnight east coast time. That was specifically allowed to give people a chance to post any hiatus or last minute announcements.

Believe me when I say that I will uphold the pledge and will not be addressing any campaign issues after the deadline, i.e. 14 minutes from now.
F-16_Fighting_Falcon
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
4/1/2016 2:47:53 AM

As posted in OP if you pledge support now and vote for me you will get five Raisor Rubles.

How many Raisor Rubles to ban the following people:

1. Airmax
2. YYW
3. bsh1
4. FourTrouble
5. Maikuru
6. brontoraptor
7. Greyparrot
8. Romanii
9. Raisor
imabench
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
4/1/2016 2:50:39 AM
At 4/1/2016 2:47:53 AM, F-16_Fighting_Falcon wrote:

1. Airmax
2. YYW
3. bsh1
4. FourTrouble
5. Maikuru
6. brontoraptor

^ Ill chip in to make this one happen

7. Greyparrot
8. Romanii
9. Raisor
Kevin24018 : "He's just so mean it makes me want to ball up my fists and stamp on the ground"

7/14/16 = The Presidency Dies

DDO: THE MOVIE = http://www.debate.org...
http://www.debate.org...

VP of DDO from Dec 14th 2014 to Jan 1st 2015
Raisor
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
4/1/2016 2:51:24 AM

1. Airmax
2. YYW
3. bsh1
4. FourTrouble
5. Maikuru
6. brontoraptor
7. Greyparrot
8. Romanii
9. Raisor

The president does not have the power to ban people.

I would entertain advocating a ban for a member in exchange for Raisor Rubles, no item is off the table.

The price would likely be high enough that a number of wealthy members would need to pool their Raisor Rubles. This is one of the way the market provides the opportunity for political action while giving weight to the relative activity of some members and the collective voice of many members.
Raisor
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
4/1/2016 2:53:17 AM
The price of getting the president to advocate for the ban of the president would be quite high though. Likely it would take nearly all the Rubles in circulation, but as I said no issue is off the table.
Raisor
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
4/1/2016 2:54:32 AM
At 4/1/2016 2:50:39 AM, imabench wrote:

1. Airmax
2. YYW
3. bsh1
4. FourTrouble
5. Maikuru
6. brontoraptor

^ Ill chip in to make this one happen

7. Greyparrot
8. Romanii
9. Raisor

If you pledge your vote now and follow through, you will be five Raisor Rubles closer to your goal.
F-16_Fighting_Falcon
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
4/1/2016 3:04:06 AM
At 4/1/2016 2:54:32 AM, Raisor wrote:
If you pledge your vote now and follow through, you will be five Raisor Rubles closer to your goal.

I'll vote for you under the following conditions:

1. You do an AMA.
2. Vote on all of my debates that are still in the voting period.
3. Agree to join forces with me to take out imatrump's campaign.
4. Send me twenty Raisor Rubles, one McLaren P1 GTR, one yatch, one boeing 787, a house in Florida, three hot women, and a lifetime's supply of Five Guys burgers.
Raisor
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
4/1/2016 3:11:05 AM
At 4/1/2016 3:04:06 AM, F-16_Fighting_Falcon wrote:
At 4/1/2016 2:54:32 AM, Raisor wrote:

I'll vote for you under the following conditions:

1. You do an AMA.
2. Vote on all of my debates that are still in the voting period.
3. Agree to join forces with me to take out imatrump's campaign.
4. Send me twenty Raisor Rubles, one McLaren P1 GTR, one yatch, one boeing 787, a house in Florida, three hot women, and a lifetime's supply of Five Guys burgers.

I wasn't going to answer your question, but I have been informed that it isn't actually midnight yet on the east coast.

I would do an AMA.

I will vote on your debates in exchange for Raisor Rubles

Ima seems interested in voting for me based on his posts above

My policy on handing out Raisor Rubles is outlined in my OP
missbailey8
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
4/1/2016 3:12:23 AM
Good luck.
~missbailey8~

Me: What is the weirdest thing I have ever done?
Solon: Agreeing to date me.

Skep: Bailey, you have sardonic written all over your face.
Annie: She has gorgeous written all over her face!

"[M]en are weak. All of us are weak."
-Fatihah

If you ever just want someone to vent, rant, or discuss anything troubling you, my PMs are always open. Have a fabulous day!

The Clown Queen of DDO
PetersSmith
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
4/1/2016 3:44:09 AM
"Some battles are won with vig-shots and night kills, others with POE and soft claims" (Paraphrased)

Is this serious?
Empress of DDO (also Poll and Forum "Maintenance" Moderator)

"The two most important days in your life is the day you were born, and the day you find out why."
~Mark Twain

"Wow"
-Doge

"Don't believe everything you read on the internet just because there's a picture with a quote next to it."
~Abraham Lincoln

Guide to the Polls Section: http://www.debate.org...
Raisor
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
4/1/2016 3:55:02 AM
At 4/1/2016 3:44:09 AM, PetersSmith wrote:

Is this serious?

Its an alteration of a quote from a pop culture source
PetersSmith
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
4/1/2016 4:02:44 AM
At 4/1/2016 3:55:02 AM, Raisor wrote:

Is this serious?

No, I mean you running for president.
Empress of DDO (also Poll and Forum "Maintenance" Moderator)

"The two most important days in your life is the day you were born, and the day you find out why."
~Mark Twain

"Wow"
-Doge

"Don't believe everything you read on the internet just because there's a picture with a quote next to it."
~Abraham Lincoln

Guide to the Polls Section: http://www.debate.org...
F-16_Fighting_Falcon
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
4/1/2016 4:03:58 AM
At 4/1/2016 4:02:44 AM, PetersSmith wrote:

Is this serious?

You should check the date. I think it's 12AM now for Eastern Time.
Raisor
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
4/1/2016 4:07:44 AM

Is this serious?

I am not discussing anything related to the presidential campaign, as the major candidates have signed a pledge to not campaign during April.

All of the proposals in my OP are legitimate.
Raisor
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
4/1/2016 4:10:46 AM
At 4/1/2016 4:03:58 AM, F-16_Fighting_Falcon wrote:

Is this serious?

You should check the date. I think it's 12AM now for Eastern Time.

Yes I am beginning the moratorium.

I think the best way to avoid any issues is just to ignore any campaign related posts entirely. So I won't be responding to any other posts.