Jump to topic:

Pre-Presidential announcement #1

Wylted
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
4/7/2016 11:49:16 PM
Posted: 8 months ago
There is a campaign moratorium, so this is not a campaign post. Just a little update to my platform as well as my thoughts on recent happenings.

BSH1

I'm sad to see him go. The plan which I hadn't fully outlined was to build a type of two headed dragon campaign, where BSH1 supporters get everything they want, and my supporters get everything they want.

There is a misconception that I was selling out with that move, but I wasn't. The last campaign season and this one, I have only had positive words to say about him. My platform last election, and at the beginning of this campaign was never pro abolitionist. I did get a lot of support from the pro abolitionist movement last time around, but that is very likely due to that faction of DDO, thinking I was too incompetent for the office, and putting their faith in that. Or maybe they thought I was a good alternative to BSH1's over govermentalizing things (Their thoughts not mine). I guess that faction projected that image so hard on me, that it stuck. I've even seen it mentioned by other candidates that I had a pro abolitionist platform last time around, but I never have.

I'm going to make my abolitionist supporters happy though, by providing a better strategy for defeating the presidency. It's a plan that they can immediately start acting on without the need of Imabench as their face. In fact the movement won't need a face, and is better off without one. That plan will come in a much later thread, and most likely from a guest speaker.

BSH fulfilled an important role in my administration, of keeping his most popular programs running smoothly for when I win the presidency. His programs are popular,and deserve some attention. I am the only candidate offering a plan to continue his programs.

Programs administrator

BSH1 was going to stay on board to run the programs he created, which is fair. Unfortunately he has decided to step down. Though this is sad, it allows me the opportunity to ind a replacement, some fresh blood to run his programs. I am officially announcing, that Famousdebater has reached out to me and offered to do this. famous debater has been in most of BSH1's programs and is intimately familiar with them. He has been used to trial all of BSH1's programs. I am going to however ask that BSH1 offers some consulting to famousdebater to help him, (hopefully he does not object). Famousdebater will also need a partner. It will be interesting to see what some fresh blood brings to these things.

DK/Tuf</strong

DK has mentioned contacting Juggle in his platform. He actually made a good case for why he is better fit to do so than me. I support that portion of his platform. I will win this election, and despite whatever drama is seen throughout the course of the campaign, and the after effects of my victory, we will need to bring several different factions of DDO together to move the site forward. DK and Tuf will be pulled into my administration after they lose, The hail Mary's they've been throwing all year to contact Juggle will pay off once I'm elected and bring them on board.

DK/Tuf will be rewarded for their participation and cooperation with my administration, by becoming the official Liason to Juggle. In fact I encourage them to drop out of the race now, so we can start working together. They will be named my administrations Liason officers to Juggle.

So a recap of what my administration will look like once I win the presidency.

President- Wylted
Vice President- Rosalie
Programs administrator- Famous debater (His role is limited to prior programs)
Chief Liaison officer to Juggle- Donald Keller
Liaison officer to Juggle- Tuf
Cabinet- Everyone

Miscellaneous

Sorry to see you leave my team BSH1, I'm looking forward to DK/Tuf joining my team, once they lose the election.

I need volunteers for the following positions

1. Speechwriter
2. Front end Web developer
3. volunteer to campaign for me
4. Political strategist
5. Somebody good at editing and making youtube videos.

Thanks in advance for your vote.
F-16_Fighting_Falcon
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
4/7/2016 11:58:58 PM
1. If you are seriously pandering to every "faction" on DDO, I'm very offended on behalf of Raisor that there is no plan to include "Raisor Rubbles" as the official currency. What is being done to rectify this?
2. If all these roles are filled by other people, what is your role in your presidency?'
3. Who will be the assistant speechwriter?
TN05
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
4/8/2016 12:05:49 AM
At 4/7/2016 11:49:16 PM, Wylted wrote:
we will need to bring several different factions of DDO together to move the site forward.

Look, I am the only one who can unite Debate.org. The only one. We have some great people running, very nice people, but weak people. We need a strong person with band hands to unite Debate.org. And we're going to unite Debate.org. We're uniting Debate.org. We'll Make Debate.org Great Again!
Wylted
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
4/8/2016 12:07:43 AM
At 4/7/2016 11:58:58 PM, F-16_Fighting_Falcon wrote:
1. If you are seriously pandering to every "faction" on DDO, I'm very offended on behalf of Raisor that there is no plan to include "Raisor Rubbles" as the official currency. What is being done to rectify this?

I am still catching up, with events from my hiatus, I wll look int using Raisor Rubbles

2. If all these roles are filled by other people, what is your role in your presidency?'

To put people in roles

3. Who will be the assistant speechwriter?

You?
Wylted
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
4/8/2016 12:08:35 AM
At 4/8/2016 12:05:49 AM, TN05 wrote:
we will need to bring several different factions of DDO together to move the site forward.

Look, I am the only one who can unite Debate.org. The only one. We have some great people running, very nice people, but weak people. We need a strong person with band hands to unite Debate.org. And we're going to unite Debate.org. We're uniting Debate.org. We'll Make Debate.org Great Again!

That was very racist of you to say
TUF
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
4/8/2016 12:10:06 AM

Can I vote for you if I am the leader of the KKK?
"I've got to go and grab a shirt" ~ Airmax1227
bsh1
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
4/8/2016 12:11:12 AM
Famousdebater is intimately familiar with none of my programs, and is not even a part of my administration in any capacity.

In other words, everything you posted about him in your OP is completely false.

As for the claim that I refused any offer, I would love to screenshot the PM you sent not 2 days ago where you offered me the ability to run some of my programs if you go elected. My response was "Okay. Thanks, Wylted." Wylted's claim is thus entirely a fabrication.
Live Long and Prosper

I'm a Bish.

"Twilight isn't just about obtuse metaphors between cannibalism and premarital sex, it also teaches us the futility of hope." - Raisor

"[Bsh1] is the Guinan of DDO." - ButterCatX

Follow the DDOlympics
: http://www.debate.org...

Open Debate Topics Project: http://www.debate.org...
TN05
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
4/8/2016 12:11:17 AM
At 4/8/2016 12:08:35 AM, Wylted wrote:

That was very racist of you to say

Look, I don't want to brag, but I'm the least racist person you have ever met. The least racist person. I am a person, and I am extremely smart. And we have to ban SJWs from entering Debate.org. We have to. I love the SJWs, and they love me. But we have to. We have no other choice.
TN05
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
4/8/2016 12:13:26 AM
At 4/8/2016 12:10:06 AM, TUF wrote:

Can I vote for you if I am the leader of the KKK?

I don't know anything about the KKK, or white supremacy. I don't. And I don't know anything about this leader of the KKK, I've never heard of him. I don't know. Did he endorse me? Everybody is endorsing me. I have so many endorsements. It's almost sad that nobody else has that many endorsements. I have the best endorsements. But I don't know anything about this guy.
Wylted
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
4/8/2016 12:14:34 AM
At 4/8/2016 12:11:12 AM, bsh1 wrote:
Famousdebater is intimately familiar with none of my programs, and is not even a part of my administration in any capacity.

As for the claim that I refused any offer, I would love to screenshot the PM you sent not 2 days ago where you offered me the ability to run some of my programs if you go elected. My response was "Okay. Thanks, Wylted." Wylted's claim is thus entirely a fabrication.

I never stated you refused, but I did not want to reveal information from a private message. Famous debater has told me he is familiar with all your programs, and I'll take him at his word.

Also as stated in my previous platform, I want to work with the younger portion of DDO, primarily. I assumed you would help mentor famousdebater in his new role.
bsh1
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
4/8/2016 12:20:04 AM
At 4/8/2016 12:14:34 AM, Wylted wrote:

I never stated you refused, but I did not want to reveal information from a private message.

You basically implied it. Wylted, I don't really have much interest in running those programs moving forward. If you wanted me to help, I would, but this constant flip-flopping needs to end. But, (a) you lied last campaign, and it bothers me you continue to lie, and (b) you choose someone who is not qualified to do the job for, what I see, as one of the more important jobs on the site.

Famous debater has told me he is familiar with all your programs, and I'll take him at his word.

Then famousdebater is lying, unless by familiar he meant "heard of." He has absolutely no prior qualifications of any kind, and there is no reason to take him at his word.

Also as stated in my previous platform, I want to work with the younger portion of DDO, primarily. I assumed you would help mentor famousdebater in his new role.

Unfortunately, I don't have confidence in his qualifications. This may sound a bit harsh, but if he can't take the time to read and understand his opponent's arguments in his own debates, I don't trust him to invest the time and effort required to run those programs.
Live Long and Prosper

I'm a Bish.

"Twilight isn't just about obtuse metaphors between cannibalism and premarital sex, it also teaches us the futility of hope." - Raisor

Follow the DDOlympics

bsh1
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
4/8/2016 12:25:14 AM
Anyway, I only popped in to set the record straight. Wylted, after the lying last campaign, I would urge you not to start deceptive stuff again this campaign cycle. If you run an honest campaign, I won't be upset if you win. I just think DDO has a right to here things as they are.
Live Long and Prosper

I'm a Bish.

Follow the DDOlympics

FortisAnimi
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
4/8/2016 12:27:43 AM
At 4/8/2016 12:20:04 AM, bsh1 wrote:

I never stated you refused, but I did not want to reveal information from a private message.

You basically implied it. Wylted, I don't really have much interest in running those programs moving forward. If you wanted me to help, I would, but this constant flip-flopping needs to end. But, (a) you lied last campaign, and it bothers me you continue to lie, and (b) you choose someone who is not qualified to do the job for, what I see, as one of the more important jobs on the site.

Famous debater has told me he is familiar with all your programs, and I'll take him at his word.

Then famousdebater is lying, unless by familiar he meant "heard of." He has absolutely no prior qualifications of any kind, and there is no reason to take him at his word.

Unfortunately, I don't have confidence in his qualifications. This may sound a bit harsh, but if he can't take the time to read and understand his opponent's arguments in his own debates, I don't trust him to invest the time and effort required to run those programs.

Stop talking about famous and leave the thread m8
1harderthanyouthink
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
4/8/2016 12:28:22 AM
At 4/8/2016 12:27:43 AM, FortisAnimi wrote:

He had a reason, m8.
"It's awfully considerate of you to think of me here,
And I'm much obliged to you for making it clear - that I'm not here."

-Syd Barrett

DDO Risk King
bsh1
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
4/8/2016 12:28:51 AM

Last post was me leaving the thread.
Live Long and Prosper

I'm a Bish.

Follow the DDOlympics

coal
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
4/8/2016 12:29:43 AM
There is a campaign moratorium, so this is not a campaign post. Just a little update to my platform as well as my thoughts on recent happenings.

BSH1

I'm sad to see him go. The plan which I hadn't fully outlined was to build a type of two headed dragon campaign, where BSH1 supporters get everything they want, and my supporters get everything they want.

There is a misconception that I was selling out with that move, but I wasn't. The last campaign season and this one, I have only had positive words to say about him. My platform last election, and at the beginning of this campaign was never pro abolitionist. I did get a lot of support from the pro abolitionist movement last time around, but that is very likely due to that faction of DDO, thinking I was too incompetent for the office, and putting their faith in that. Or maybe they thought I was a good alternative to BSH1's over govermentalizing things (Their thoughts not mine). I guess that faction projected that image so hard on me, that it stuck. I've even seen it mentioned by other candidates that I had a pro abolitionist platform last time around, but I never have.

I'm going to make my abolitionist supporters happy though, by providing a better strategy for defeating the presidency. It's a plan that they can immediately start acting on without the need of Imabench as their face. In fact the movement won't need a face, and is better off without one. That plan will come in a much later thread, and most likely from a guest speaker.

BSH fulfilled an important role in my administration, of keeping his most popular programs running smoothly for when I win the presidency. His programs are popular,and deserve some attention. I am the only candidate offering a plan to continue his programs.

Programs administrator

BSH1 was going to stay on board to run the programs he created, which is fair. Unfortunately he has decided to step down. Though this is sad, it allows me the opportunity to ind a replacement, some fresh blood to run his programs. I am officially announcing, that Famousdebater has reached out to me and offered to do this. famous debater has been in most of BSH1's programs and is intimately familiar with them. He has been used to trial all of BSH1's programs. I am going to however ask that BSH1 offers some consulting to famousdebater to help him, (hopefully he does not object). Famousdebater will also need a partner. It will be interesting to see what some fresh blood brings to these things.

DK/Tuf</strong

DK has mentioned contacting Juggle in his platform. He actually made a good case for why he is better fit to do so than me. I support that portion of his platform. I will win this election, and despite whatever drama is seen throughout the course of the campaign, and the after effects of my victory, we will need to bring several different factions of DDO together to move the site forward. DK and Tuf will be pulled into my administration after they lose, The hail Mary's they've been throwing all year to contact Juggle will pay off once I'm elected and bring them on board.

DK/Tuf will be rewarded for their participation and cooperation with my administration, by becoming the official Liason to Juggle. In fact I encourage them to drop out of the race now, so we can start working together. They will be named my administrations Liason officers to Juggle.

So a recap of what my administration will look like once I win the presidency.

President- Wylted
Vice President- Rosalie
Programs administrator- Famous debater (His role is limited to prior programs)
Chief Liaison officer to Juggle- Donald Keller
Liaison officer to Juggle- Tuf
Cabinet- Everyone

Miscellaneous

Sorry to see you leave my team BSH1, I'm looking forward to DK/Tuf joining my team, once they lose the election.

I need volunteers for the following positions

1. Speechwriter
2. Front end Web developer
3. volunteer to campaign for me
4. Political strategist
5. Somebody good at editing and making youtube videos.

Thanks in advance for your vote.

Is this some kind of inside joke?
FortisAnimi
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
4/8/2016 12:30:55 AM
At 4/8/2016 12:28:22 AM, 1harderthanyouthink wrote:

He had a reason, m8.

The reason was: using an opinion on his debating skills to gauge his qualifications for a quasi presidency on a website. Kind of not cool
Wylted
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
4/8/2016 12:33:38 AM

Why don't you just create a thread naming all of the ways famousdebater is not qualified, perhaps it will make you feel good to crush a teenagers ego. Famous debater has been a great asset to this site, and it is ignorant statements, like the one about famous debater that run off good members. I think you need to make a public apology to famous debater for ignorantly saying he can't run your programs.

I mean seriously how fvcking hard is it to tell Airmax to sticky a thread for the topic of the week? The fact you are calling him too stupid to do this, greatly offends me.

There is no reason to take your word over his. I have never seen a bit of dishonesty from him, and don't suspect I am now. Stop dragging this kid's reputation through the mud. First you call him incompetent, then a liar? What is wrong with you?

Make a public apology right now BSH1, you will not talk about a member of my administration that way. If you don't make a public apology, I will be calling for your resignation.

It isn't harsh. It's needlessly mean and just plain wrong. This reminds me of all the fastfood employees I've worked with that think they are irreplacable. I can train a monkey to do your job. There is a simple formula for everything you do, you just try to complicate it. Besides that, famous debater is more liked than you, and is mor aproachable. Being approachable is an important key in improving these programs, if you have no interest in seeing your programs mantain their success once you step down, I'll mentor him myself.
bsh1
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
4/8/2016 12:34:10 AM
At 4/8/2016 12:30:55 AM, FortisAnimi wrote:

He had a reason, m8.

The reason was: using an opinion on his debating skills to gauge his qualifications for a quasi presidency on a website. Kind of not cool

I was not passing judgement on his skill, Proph, just his effort. Famous is a very capable debater, but he often does not take the time to carefully read his own sources or his opponent's arguments. It is an issue of investment, not an issue of skill.

My point, which is not unreasonable, is that if he doesn't invest that time and effort in debates, why would he invest it in running things like the New Member Mentorship Program?
Live Long and Prosper

I'm a Bish.

Follow the DDOlympics

1harderthanyouthink
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
4/8/2016 12:34:19 AM
At 4/8/2016 12:30:55 AM, FortisAnimi wrote:

He had a reason, m8.

His reason was that Famous was supposedly knowledgable about programs.

-Syd Barrett

DDO Risk King
Emmarie
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
4/8/2016 12:34:36 AM
At 4/8/2016 12:22:19 AM, coal wrote:
All of this "presidential" stuff looks stupid beyond description.

It's why I'm gonna vote for imabench who will abolish the presidency if elected.

bsh1 is a good president - but presidency started as a joke on this website and has turned into a grab for power.
bsh1 cares about members but new candidates seem to care more about recognition.

I'm a very active "noob" who spent far too much time reading about the "presidency." Imabench's platform is the only one that makes sense.
coal
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
4/8/2016 12:36:04 AM
At 4/8/2016 12:34:36 AM, Emmarie wrote:

It's why I'm gonna vote for imabench who will abolish the presidency if elected.

bsh1 is a good president - but presidency started as a joke on this website and has turned into a grab for power.
bsh1 cares about members but new candidates seem to care more about recognition.

I'm a very active "noob" who spent far too much time reading about the "presidency." Imabench's platform is the only one that makes sense.

I've read all of these threads and I feel like I'm missing out on an inside joke. This is all too dumb to even talk about.
Emmarie
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
4/8/2016 12:37:48 AM
At 4/8/2016 12:36:04 AM, coal wrote:

I've read all of these threads and I feel like I'm missing out on an inside joke. This is all too dumb to even talk about.
lol
coal
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
4/8/2016 12:39:56 AM
At 4/8/2016 12:37:48 AM, Emmarie wrote:

lol

People talk about this like it's a real election. I would think that Americans would be more concerned with the state of their presidential election, than some "election" of a "president" on this website.

What would a "president" even do? Write decrees and proclamations?

All of this seems so stupid I have to believe that the people who are running for "president" are just trolling, and that the current "president" is just a glorified troll.
TN05
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
4/8/2016 12:41:57 AM
At 4/8/2016 12:39:56 AM, coal wrote:

lol

People talk about this like it's a real election. I would think that Americans would be more concerned with the state of their presidential election, than some "election" of a "president" on this website.

All of this seems so stupid I have to believe that the people who are running for "president" are just trolling, and that the current "president" is just a glorified troll.

The President - which will be me - will build a wall around Debate.org and make Juggle pay for it!
coal
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
4/8/2016 12:42:35 AM
At 4/8/2016 12:41:57 AM, TN05 wrote:
At 4/8/2016 12:39:56 AM, coal wrote:

lol

The President - which will be me - will build a wall around Debate.org and make Juggle pay for it!

I'm guessing that the "president" is the "Troll-In-Chief"?
1harderthanyouthink
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
4/8/2016 12:47:13 AM
At 4/8/2016 12:33:38 AM, Wylted wrote:

Why don't you just create a thread naming all of the ways famousdebater is not qualified, perhaps it will make you feel good to crush a teenagers ego. Famous debater has been a great asset to this site, and it is ignorant statements, like the one about famous debater that run off good members. I think you need to make a public apology to famous debater for ignorantly saying he can't run your programs.

I mean seriously how fvcking hard is it to tell Airmax to sticky a thread for the topic of the week? The fact you are calling him too stupid to do this, greatly offends me.

There is no reason to take your word over his. I have never seen a bit of dishonesty from him, and don't suspect I am now. Stop dragging this kid's reputation through the mud. First you call him incompetent, then a liar? What is wrong with you?

Make a public apology right now BSH1, you will not talk about a member of my administration that way. If you don't make a public apology, I will be calling for your resignation.

It isn't harsh. It's needlessly mean and just plain wrong. This reminds me of all the fastfood employees I've worked with that think they are irreplacable. I can train a monkey to do your job. There is a simple formula for everything you do, you just try to complicate it. Besides that, famous debater is more liked than you, and is mor aproachable. Being approachable is an important key in improving these programs, if you have no interest in seeing your programs mantain their success once you step down, I'll mentor him myself.

You have a lot of hot air for having one supporter.

-Syd Barrett

DDO Risk King
Wylted
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
4/8/2016 12:49:44 AM
At 4/8/2016 12:47:13 AM, 1harderthanyouthink wrote:
At 4/8/2016 12:33:38 AM, Wylted wrote:

You have a lot of hot air for having one supporter.

I could win this election with my hands tied behind my back. Also thanks for your support.