Jump to topic:

Presidential straw poll

Wylted
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
4/7/2016 11:51:52 PM
Posted: 8 months ago
I would like everyone to tell me where they are leaning at the moment. This will help every presidential candidate's campaign, thanks.

I'll go first

Vote Wylted/Rosalie
PetersSmith
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
4/8/2016 12:02:55 AM
At 4/7/2016 11:51:52 PM, Wylted wrote:
I would like everyone to tell me where they are leaning at the moment. This will help every presidential candidate's campaign, thanks.

I'll go first

Vote Wylted/Rosalie

You're not supposed to post campaign things in April, in case you haven't heard, which should also include something like this.
Empress of DDO (also Poll and Forum "Maintenance" Moderator)

"The two most important days in your life is the day you were born, and the day you find out why."
~Mark Twain

"Wow"
-Doge

"Don't believe everything you read on the internet just because there's a picture with a quote next to it."
~Abraham Lincoln

Guide to the Polls Section: http://www.debate.org...
Wylted
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
4/8/2016 12:04:23 AM
At 4/8/2016 12:02:55 AM, PetersSmith wrote:

I'll go first

Vote Wylted/Rosalie

You're not supposed to post campaign things in April, in case you haven't heard, which should also include something like this.

This is about the presidential election, and not technically campaigning. Now vote please
PetersSmith
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
4/8/2016 12:06:40 AM
At 4/8/2016 12:04:23 AM, Wylted wrote:

I'll go first

Vote Wylted/Rosalie

This is about the presidential election, and not technically campaigning. Now vote please

Well, considering this was done before and it was ended after the no presidential thing in April was announced. In regards to voting, I can assure you I will not be voting for you.

"The two most important days in your life is the day you were born, and the day you find out why."
~Mark Twain

"Wow"
-Doge

"Don't believe everything you read on the internet just because there's a picture with a quote next to it."
~Abraham Lincoln

Wylted
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
4/8/2016 12:10:22 AM
At 4/8/2016 12:06:40 AM, PetersSmith wrote:

I'll go first

Vote Wylted/Rosalie

Well, considering this was done before and it was ended after the no presidential thing in April was announced. In regards to voting, I can assure you I will not be voting for you.

Thanks, I don't want my supporters associated with you anyhow.
PetersSmith
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
4/8/2016 12:12:27 AM
At 4/8/2016 12:10:22 AM, Wylted wrote:

I'll go first

Vote Wylted/Rosalie

That's crude. You should probably improve how you treat other members if you want more votes.

~Mark Twain

"Wow"
-Doge

~Abraham Lincoln

TN05
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
4/8/2016 12:14:37 AM
At 4/8/2016 12:12:27 AM, PetersSmith wrote:
That's crude. You should probably improve how you treat other members if you want more votes.

You shouldn't vote for him. He's a loser! You need to vote for a winner. Vote for me. We'll Make Debate.org Great Again!
Wylted
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
4/8/2016 12:18:54 AM

I'll go first

Vote Wylted/Rosalie

I think you know you were trying to anger me since your fist post. You carry an heir of superiority about you. You drop the heir of superiority, and I'll be nicer to you. As a polls mod you should seriously stop talking down to everyone you communicate with. I expect more from you, and because of my respect for you, I will treat you more crudely than the general population.
PetersSmith
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
4/8/2016 12:23:53 AM
At 4/8/2016 12:18:54 AM, Wylted wrote:

I'll go first

Vote Wylted/Rosalie

I think you know you were trying to anger me since your fist post. You carry an heir of superiority about you. You drop the heir of superiority, and I'll be nicer to you. As a polls mod you should seriously stop talking down to everyone you communicate with. I expect more from you, and because of my respect for you, I will treat you more crudely than the general population.

This wasn't a show of "superiority". This was what was unanimously agreed by the other presidential candidates and I'm pointing that out. If I wasn't a moderator I'd generally still say the things I do now because I should be able to as a person, and any other person can do the same. And you honestly shouldn't set out to treat anyone "more crudely" than anyone else, it just makes you a complete jerk.

~Mark Twain

"Wow"
-Doge

~Abraham Lincoln

Hoppi
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
4/8/2016 12:54:49 AM
At 4/8/2016 12:23:53 AM, PetersSmith wrote:

I'll go first

Vote Wylted/Rosalie

This wasn't a show of "superiority". This was what was unanimously agreed by the other presidential candidates and I'm pointing that out. If I wasn't a moderator I'd generally still say the things I do now because I should be able to as a person, and any other person can do the same. And you honestly shouldn't set out to treat anyone "more crudely" than anyone else, it just makes you a complete jerk.

See, these sort of shady back room deals are exactly why this site is in the state it is. It's time for a strong leader like TN05 to put things right.
TN05
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
4/8/2016 1:01:11 AM
At 4/8/2016 12:54:49 AM, Hoppi wrote:
See, these sort of shady back room deals are exactly why this site is in the state it is. It's time for a strong leader like TN05 to put things right.

The DDO Elite does not want me to win. They are trying to steal the Presidency from me! We can't let that happen. I had a great discussion with bsh the other day. Great discussion. But the other candidates need to hold to the deal.
TN05
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
4/8/2016 1:12:09 AM
Vote total so far is:
TN05 - 2
Wylted - 1

Wylted is a loser! We can't have a loser be President. Let's Make Debate.org Great Again!
imabench
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
4/8/2016 2:37:33 AM
Imabench
Kevin24018 : "He's just so mean it makes me want to ball up my fists and stamp on the ground"

7/14/16 = The Presidency Dies

DDO: THE MOVIE = http://www.debate.org...
http://www.debate.org...

VP of DDO from Dec 14th 2014 to Jan 1st 2015
imabench
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
4/8/2016 2:45:59 AM
Also last time a straw poll was held everyone preferred to vote on the anonymous option where DK got about 50% of the vote, I got 30% and the remaining 20% were undecided or other
Kevin24018 : "He's just so mean it makes me want to ball up my fists and stamp on the ground"

Hoppi
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
4/8/2016 4:36:43 AM
At 4/8/2016 2:45:59 AM, imabench wrote:
Also last time a straw poll was held everyone preferred to vote on the anonymous option where DK got about 50% of the vote, I got 30% and the remaining 20% were undecided or other

How many times have you run for president?
imabench
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
4/8/2016 4:41:14 AM
At 4/8/2016 4:36:43 AM, Hoppi wrote:

Technically this is the second time, but the first time started off as a troll campaign that just happened to morph into a legit campaign after people actually thought i was serious about what I was campaigning on: a 'more liberal banning policy'.

I made that thing up as a joke since ive been temp banned more than any other person on the site, meaning normally I would be the LAST person to advocate for a more liberal banning policy, since it would put me in greater risk of being temp banned. The irony behind the idea is why I made a troll campaign around it. However, the idea caught on, people urged me to run seriously, I did just because why not, and I ended up withdrawing before the end of the race I believe.

Hoppi
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
4/8/2016 4:42:59 AM
At 4/8/2016 4:41:14 AM, imabench wrote:

Technically this is the second time, but the first time started off as a troll campaign that just happened to morph into a legit campaign after people actually thought i was serious about what I was campaigning on: a 'more liberal banning policy'.

I made that thing up as a joke since ive been temp banned more than any other person on the site, meaning normally I would be the LAST person to advocate for a more liberal banning policy, since it would put me in greater risk of being temp banned. The irony behind the idea is why I made a troll campaign around it. However, the idea caught on, people urged me to run seriously, I did just because why not, and I ended up withdrawing before the end of the race I believe.

Why did you withdraw?

Weren't you VP as well?
imabench
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
4/8/2016 4:44:25 AM
At 4/8/2016 4:42:59 AM, Hoppi wrote:
At 4/8/2016 4:41:14 AM, imabench wrote:

Why did you withdraw?

Cant remember. I was way in second place to Tuf i believe the entire time I ran and when I dropped out Bsh stepped in I think. Or it might have been bladerunner. It was at least 5 elections ago now.

Weren't you VP as well?

Ah yes, the Mikal administration. True clusterf*ck of a presidency

Emmarie
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
4/8/2016 4:50:51 AM

I'll go first

Vote Wylted/Rosalie

wow we actually agree about peters - I can't get her to answer if she works for juggle - lol.
[http://www.debate.org...]
somehow my posts were taken down on her ama, where i questioned her about her air of superiority
Wylted
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
4/8/2016 4:55:02 AM
At 4/8/2016 4:50:51 AM, Emmarie wrote:

I'll go first

Vote Wylted/Rosalie

wow we actually agree about peters - I can't get her to answer if she works for juggle - lol.
somehow my posts were taken down on her ama, where i questioned her about her air of superiority

You should have seen her statements in the polls after just getting made the polls mod, she acted like she was king of the polls.

I seriously doubt she works for Juggle. I could see Airmax working for Juggle though most would call that crazy, but not her. I know if I were Airmax and a Juggle employee, I'd make my job easier by denying it as well
Emmarie
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
4/8/2016 5:00:41 AM
At 4/8/2016 4:55:02 AM, Wylted wrote:

I'll go first

Vote Wylted/Rosalie

You should have seen her statements in the polls after just getting made the polls mod, she acted like she was king of the polls.

I seriously doubt she works for Juggle. I could see Airmax working for Juggle though most would call that crazy, but not her. I know if I were Airmax and a Juggle employee, I'd make my job easier by denying it as well
did you click the links?
I think she works for juggle cuz she was made a moderator after 3 months with no 'real" debates. Airmax probably doesn't get paid - but she might.
Plus that my posts were taken down on her ama thread - when I didn't violate TOS for questioning her on an ama. I never used abusive language like I did with you - again I apologize - I have a pounding headache right now and was overly critical.
Wylted
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
4/8/2016 5:07:15 AM
At 4/8/2016 5:00:41 AM, Emmarie wrote:

I'll go first

Vote Wylted/Rosalie

did you click the links?
I think she works for juggle cuz she was made a moderator after 3 months with no 'real" debates. Airmax probably doesn't get paid - but she might.
Plus that my posts were taken down on her ama thread - when I didn't violate TOS for questioning her on an ama. I never used abusive language like I did with you - again I apologize - I have a pounding headache right now and was overly critical.

The reason I think not, was that Peter Smith had gotten real popular just after the Mikal election. people wanted to reform voting, but pointed out that it was ridiculous that Peter Smith specifically was not eligible to vote in the election, though members that do 3 debates an are never heard from again were allowed.

At the time, Peter Smith became a political football, with everyone who was demanding presidential voting reform singing praises for her at the top of her lungs. I think this popularity and all the people singing her praises is what earned her the respect of everybody and gained her the trust neccessary to become a mod. She had no control over becoming a political football, which is what propelled her to mod status, that is why I think it is unlikely.
Wylted
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
4/8/2016 5:11:52 AM

I'll go first

Vote Wylted/Rosalie

did you click the links?

My guess is that in those posts Peter Smith was subtly trying to suggest she was a Juggle employee to seem more important than she is. That is why she avoids a direct yes or no. A direct yes will get her banned for impersonating an employee, while stating no means she won't seem important
PetersSmith
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
4/8/2016 5:24:06 AM

Okay, this is getting quite frustrating. I do not work for Juggle, as I said before, I even asked you to talk to airmax to confirm this (you refused). I became the poll moderator because I was "the most prolific poll user" (in airmax's words) and I actually cared about them. I was never "popular" or gained "respect" from anyone, so I have no clue what Wylted is talking about. I constantly downplay my importance, especially when people complain about moderation (such as YYW) to me, which I also stated directly to you. You refused to believe all of this. I directed you to airmax again, but you refused again and thus I figured you were wasting my time. Believe me or don't, but you're being foolish and ridiculous, and you should stop this because you're wasting my time (having to address this) and your time (trying to find something that just isn't there).

~Mark Twain

"Wow"
-Doge

~Abraham Lincoln

Emmarie
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
4/8/2016 5:39:46 AM
At 4/8/2016 5:24:06 AM, PetersSmith wrote:

Okay, this is getting quite frustrating. I do not work for Juggle, as I said before, I even asked you to talk to airmax to confirm this (you refused). I became the poll moderator because I was "the most prolific poll user" (in airmax's words) and I actually cared about them. I was never "popular" or gained "respect" from anyone, so I have no clue what Wylted is talking about. I constantly downplay my importance, especially when people complain about moderation (such as YYW) to me, which I also stated directly to you. You refused to believe all of this. I directed you to airmax again, but you refused again and thus I figured you were wasting my time. Believe me or don't, but you're being foolish and ridiculous, and you should stop this because you're wasting my time (having to address this) and your time (trying to find something that just isn't there).

Now you stated clearly," I do not work for Juggle," but you never did up until this point! You never answered and told me to contact airmax and annoyed me that you wouldn't address my question yourself. Now - I will drop it - since you finally addressed whether you work for juggle yourself.
PetersSmith
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
4/8/2016 5:43:30 AM
At 4/8/2016 5:39:46 AM, Emmarie wrote:
At 4/8/2016 5:24:06 AM, PetersSmith wrote:

Now you stated clearly," I do not work for Juggle," but you never did up until this point! You never answered and told me to contact airmax and annoyed me that you wouldn't address my question yourself. Now - I will drop it - since you finally addressed whether you work for juggle yourself.

"No, I don't work for Juggle. In a way technically airmax doesn't either since he's not actually "employed" by them. However, if you're really concerned about this for some strange reason, then talk to airmax and I'm sure he'll be able to clear up some confusion you have"

~Mark Twain

"Wow"
-Doge

~Abraham Lincoln

Ragnar
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
4/8/2016 5:47:30 AM
I'm thinking Sanders or bust!
Unofficial DDO Guide: http://goo.gl...
(It's probably the best help resource here, other than talking to people...)

Voting Standards: https://goo.gl...

And please disable Smart-Quotes: https://goo.gl...