Jump to topic:

On defending other members

1harderthanyouthink
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
4/8/2016 2:54:36 PM
Posted: 7 months ago
Wylted engaged in some mudslinging at Bsh, who isn't even running for re-election yesterday. The election, also, isn't for three more months. All that aside, he called me out for defending Bsh, calling me a "thug".

I have not ever been asked to stand up for someone before. The idea I am deliberately used as a hitman is absurd. If I'm someone's friend, and you attack them over a lie, I will defend them. If you attack them over solved drama for your gain, I will defend them. This happens with Bsh, it happened with YYW - and you can ask anyone else who is my friend whether I've defended them before. I've went out of my way to stand up for Rev (I miss him), Annie, Thett, and probably a few more because that's just what a I do. Don't like it? Tough sh!t.

So sorry if I'm a bit irritated. I am. People calling me out for standing up to bullsh!t annoys me - especially when I'm deingaith other sh!t on the site.

Good day.
"It's awfully considerate of you to think of me here,
And I'm much obliged to you for making it clear - that I'm not here."

-Syd Barrett

DDO Risk King
imabench
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
4/8/2016 2:58:51 PM
Is anyone else still trying to figure out why Bsh agreed to be Wylted Co-VP? Before I thought it was just a political ploy, now im wondering what the hell he saw in Wylted that made him look a safe investment to partner with in the first place
Kevin24018 : "He's just so mean it makes me want to ball up my fists and stamp on the ground"

7/14/16 = The Presidency Dies

DDO: THE MOVIE = http://www.debate.org...
http://www.debate.org...

VP of DDO from Dec 14th 2014 to Jan 1st 2015
1harderthanyouthink
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
4/8/2016 3:01:49 PM
At 4/8/2016 2:58:51 PM, imabench wrote:
Is anyone else still trying to figure out why Bsh agreed to be Wylted Co-VP? Before I thought it was just a political ploy, now im wondering what the hell he saw in Wylted that made him look a safe investment to partner with in the first place

It wasn't something he really wanted. But, I think he just didn't want to run a second time against Wylted.

-Syd Barrett

DDO Risk King
Rosalie
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
4/8/2016 3:02:04 PM

Bsh wanted to continue his programs, and he could that way.
" We need more videos of cat's playing the piano on the internet" - My art professor.

"Criticism is easier to take when you realize that the only people who aren't criticized are those who don't take risks." - Donald Trump
imabench
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
4/8/2016 3:05:33 PM
At 4/8/2016 3:02:04 PM, Rosalie wrote:

But that would only pan out if Wylted won, which as we can all clearly see has 0%-5% odds of happening
Kevin24018 : "He's just so mean it makes me want to ball up my fists and stamp on the ground"

1harderthanyouthink
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
4/8/2016 3:08:36 PM
At 4/8/2016 3:05:33 PM, imabench wrote:

But that would only pan out if Wylted won, which as we can all clearly see has 0%-5% odds of happening

He thought it was his best choice available.

-Syd Barrett

DDO Risk King
1harderthanyouthink
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
4/8/2016 3:12:14 PM
Oh - and before anyone comes in here and says I do it because Bsh "feigns victimisation" - ask yourself whether YYW needed a 13 year old's help in a flame war because he was too timid to stand up for himself.

-Syd Barrett

DDO Risk King
imabench
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
4/8/2016 3:14:38 PM
At 4/8/2016 3:08:36 PM, 1harderthanyouthink wrote:

Then I question Bsh's capability to make good decisions..... it would have been 10,000 times safer to announce he is not running for re-election, wait for an actual legit candidate to come along in favor of keeping the presidency (DK), and then try to partner up with him. To jump the gun and ally with Wylted is simply idiotic by ever measure of the word

imabench
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
4/8/2016 3:14:48 PM
every*

1harderthanyouthink
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
4/8/2016 3:16:45 PM
At 4/8/2016 3:14:38 PM, imabench wrote:

Then I question Bsh's capability to make good decisions..... it would have been 10,000 times safer to announce he is not running for re-election, wait for an actual legit candidate to come along in favor of keeping the presidency (DK), and then try to partner up with him. To jump the gun and ally with Wylted is simply idiotic by ever measure of the word

The thought process was that he hoped for the trolls and the regular Presidency supporters to go for the ticket, with him attracting regular supporters and Wylted getting trolls. I didn't really agree, but Wylted forced everyone's hand with his early announcement.

-Syd Barrett

DDO Risk King
imabench
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
4/8/2016 3:33:24 PM
At 4/8/2016 3:16:45 PM, 1harderthanyouthink wrote:

The thought process was that he hoped for the trolls and the regular Presidency supporters to go for the ticket, with him attracting regular supporters and Wylted getting trolls. I didn't really agree, but Wylted forced everyone's hand with his early announcement.

No one took Wylted seriously after he announced though (no one except Bsh), and Wylted's troll supporters would not have supported his pro-presidency platform since it was 100% generic BS that nobody cares about. The only person who took Wylted Seriously was Bsh, who then thought it was wise to join Wylted, which only compounds my skepticism in Bsh's abilities to not make dumb decisions

EndarkenedRationalist
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
4/8/2016 3:53:15 PM

I think bsh underestimated the abolitionist push on DDO. He probably thought joining with Wylted would unite both his supporters and Wylted's from the previous election. He probably saw it as a fair compromise.
imabench
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
4/8/2016 4:02:23 PM
At 4/8/2016 3:53:15 PM, EndarkenedRationalist wrote:

I think bsh underestimated the abolitionist push on DDO.

Then that would be another terrible decision he made since he personally almost lost a supposedly easy re-election entirely because of the abolitionist push

He probably thought joining with Wylted would unite both his supporters and Wylted's from the previous election. He probably saw it as a fair compromise.

All of those if true only further contribute to the idea that he has no idea what he is doing.

Hoppi
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
4/8/2016 4:08:49 PM

Wow. Has bsh1 always been so cynical? I honestly thought he was some kind of idealist. I completely misread him all this time.
1harderthanyouthink
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
4/8/2016 4:11:34 PM
At 4/8/2016 4:08:49 PM, Hoppi wrote:

Wow. Has bsh1 always been so cynical? I honestly thought he was some kind of idealist. I completely misread him all this time.

"Inside every cynic is a disappointed idealist."

-George Carlin

-Syd Barrett

DDO Risk King
Emmarie
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
4/8/2016 4:22:27 PM
At 4/8/2016 4:08:49 PM, Hoppi wrote:

I don't think he's cynical or an idealist, I think he's a realist, who was looking for a realistic way of continuing his programs.
Emmarie
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
4/8/2016 4:23:49 PM
At 4/8/2016 2:54:36 PM, 1harderthanyouthink wrote:
Wylted engaged in some mudslinging at Bsh, who isn't even running for re-election yesterday. The election, also, isn't for three more months. All that aside, he called me out for defending Bsh, calling me a "thug".

I have not ever been asked to stand up for someone before. The idea I am deliberately used as a hitman is absurd. If I'm someone's friend, and you attack them over a lie, I will defend them. If you attack them over solved drama for your gain, I will defend them. This happens with Bsh, it happened with YYW - and you can ask anyone else who is my friend whether I've defended them before. I've went out of my way to stand up for Rev (I miss him), Annie, Thett, and probably a few more because that's just what a I do. Don't like it? Tough sh!t.

So sorry if I'm a bit irritated. I am. People calling me out for standing up to bullsh!t annoys me - especially when I'm deingaith other sh!t on the site.

Good day.
You're a great friend - hope you are appreciated.
XLAV
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
4/8/2016 4:32:50 PM

Higher chance of winning and compromise. If he went againts Wylted and the abolishionist, then surely he would lose. Teaming up with Wylted will give him a chance to grab some power.
PetersSmith
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
4/8/2016 5:58:38 PM

Good day.

Whenever someone defends me the attacker presumes I called upon them as reinforcements.
Empress of DDO (also Poll and Forum "Maintenance" Moderator)

"The two most important days in your life is the day you were born, and the day you find out why."
~Mark Twain

"Wow"
-Doge

"Don't believe everything you read on the internet just because there's a picture with a quote next to it."
~Abraham Lincoln

Guide to the Polls Section: http://www.debate.org...
1harderthanyouthink
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
4/8/2016 6:01:47 PM
At 4/8/2016 5:58:38 PM, PetersSmith wrote:

Good day.

Whenever someone defends me the attacker presumes I called upon them as reinforcements.

That's pretty ridiculous.

-Syd Barrett

DDO Risk King
PetersSmith
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
4/8/2016 6:03:22 PM
At 4/8/2016 6:01:47 PM, 1harderthanyouthink wrote:

Good day.

Because apparently when it comes to my supporters they can't have free will.

"The two most important days in your life is the day you were born, and the day you find out why."
~Mark Twain

"Wow"
-Doge

"Don't believe everything you read on the internet just because there's a picture with a quote next to it."
~Abraham Lincoln

1harderthanyouthink
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
4/8/2016 6:05:21 PM
At 4/8/2016 6:03:22 PM, PetersSmith wrote:

Good day.

Because of course.

-Syd Barrett

DDO Risk King
Emmarie
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
4/8/2016 6:16:13 PM

Good day.

Supporters for what? If you don't have an official position than why wouldn't you call them friends?
Hoppi
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
4/8/2016 6:19:22 PM
At 4/8/2016 6:16:13 PM, Emmarie wrote:

Good day.

Supporters for what? If you don't have an official position than why wouldn't you call them friends?

Supporters in an argument. Because they're not friends
PetersSmith
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
4/8/2016 6:20:08 PM
At 4/8/2016 6:16:13 PM, Emmarie wrote:

Good day.

Well, I do "technically" have an "official" position. And sometimes they aren't necessarily my "friends". Also, you can support someone without them having an "official position".

~Mark Twain

"Wow"
-Doge

~Abraham Lincoln

Hoppi
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
4/8/2016 6:21:47 PM
See how I did that? Doesn't mean I'm friends with ps though.

Although she did ask me to handle this situation, so feel free to address any concerns to me.
PetersSmith
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
4/8/2016 6:23:34 PM
At 4/8/2016 6:21:47 PM, Hoppi wrote:
See how I did that? Doesn't mean I'm friends with ps though.

Although she did ask me to handle this situation, so feel free to address any concerns to me.

By the gods, do not provoke her.

~Mark Twain

"Wow"
-Doge

~Abraham Lincoln

Hoppi
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
4/8/2016 6:26:46 PM
Sorry. I want to make it clear that I got involved in this thread if my own accord. Nobody asked or invited me. It was all my own idea.
tejretics
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
4/9/2016 11:43:34 AM
I agree with the OP fully.

The election is three months away, but now it's just an excuse for drama. Cermank is the smartest commentator this election:

"Where justice is denied, where poverty is enforced, where ignorance prevails, and where any one class is made to feel that society is an organized conspiracy to oppress, rob and degrade them, neither persons nor property will be safe." - Frederick Douglass