Jump to topic:

Clarifying My Role In Wylted's Campaign

famousdebater
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
4/8/2016 4:44:13 PM
Posted: 8 months ago
I understand that presidency related threads can be excessive, especially when the election is so far away from where we are now which is why this will be the only thread that I will be making regarding my involvement in Wylted"s campaign. I welcome any questions, and comments.

What will my role be?

Me and somebody else (who is yet to be decided) will be keeping most of Bsh"s current programs and initiatives running. The initiatives that we hope to keep are (in no particular order):

The DDO Tournament System
Presidential Updates
The Official Guide to Debating on DDO (The "How-To" Guide)
DDO Presidential Bulletin (debate)
New Member Debate Mentorship Program
The OP of the Month
The Opt-in Voting Guide
Forum revival
Surveys

I hope to keep most, if not all of these programs and initiatives running with the help of a second person. Without my involvement many of these programs would be dropped and abolished.

[Note: Once the second member involved is decided we may choose to run some of the initiatives that we didn"t originally plan to run on top of the current list].

Why I have this role?

Wylted"s campaign, unlike the others running for president, is trying to involve younger and active members of the community because they are often dismissed as inexperienced or unqualified. What many fail to realize is that the younger members of the community will never be qualified or experienced if you don"t let them learn. Wylted, by allowing me to be involved in his program, is doing something that the others are failing to do. He is bringing in a younger member so that they can learn and get the experience that is so desperately needed in the younger members of the community.

Experience

Whilst some may question how experienced I am - due to my age and the fact that I"ve never run a presidential program like this before however whilst I haven"t actually run them before, I am familiar with how they work and have been involved with all of the ones possible.

The DDO Tournament System - I have been involved many of tournaments involved on the site including the beginner"s tournament and community set up tournaments (ie. firewings" tournament.

Presidential Updates - Whilst it is impossible for me to have been involved with this without being the president, I have read all of the presidential updates from Bsh so I am familiar with their layout and how they are set out.

The Official Guide to Debating on DDO (The "How-To" Guide) - I have read the official guide to debating on DDO and it will remain there during Wylted"s campaign.

DDO Presidential Bulletin (debate) - I have read the presidential bulletin and I am confident that we can still do this as it will take little time to write out and once it is written very little work is needed to keep it going (the only work required is to bump the thread every 3-7 days).

New Member Debate Mentorship Program - I have been a mentor and a mentee and I am familiar with how the mentorship program works and what is required of a mentor.

The OP of the Month -
I am familiar with the layout of the OP of the month and I have been nominated for it too.

The Opt-in Voting Guide - I signed up to trial the opt-in system so I am familiar with how it works and what is required to keep it going.

Forum revival - I have been part of both the official forum revival program set up by Bsh and many unofficial ones regarding particular section of the forums which receive less activity.

Surveys - I have taken part in many of the presidential surveys to see what the community want more of and what the community's view on the presidency and moderation is. I am able to and familiar with setting up surveys and I"m confident that we can still do these in order to keep the community happy and satisfied with the work of the president.

Time Management

Bsh has brought up the issue of time management and activity regarding my role. This is something I"ve been thinking about for a while (before I was part of Wylted"s campaign) and I"ve decided that after the election (regardless of who wins), I will stop debating on this site and focus my sole attention on the forums and Wylted campaign (if he wins). This is for a number of reasons not just because of Wylted"s campaign.

TL;DR

I, alongside somebody else, will be helping Wylted to revive most of Bsh"s campaigns that would have been dropped otherwise. Whilst my age and experience may make this decision to look questionable however Wylted"s campaign isn"t solely focussed on the older, more experienced users, Wylted is trying to involve the younger members of the community to so that they gain experience. I do hope that younger members of the community decide to vote Wylted because he the other candidates seem to be underprepresnting the younger community and this is something that needs to change.

If you wish to be my partner then please PM me and/or Wylted.
Thank you for reading and I strongly encourage you to Vote Wylted!
"Life calls the tune, we dance."
John Galsworthy
Rosalie
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
4/8/2016 4:49:56 PM
Happy to have you, and I know you'll do a spectacular job. :)
" We need more videos of cat's playing the piano on the internet" - My art professor.

"Criticism is easier to take when you realize that the only people who aren't criticized are those who don't take risks." - Donald Trump

Officially Mrs. 16Kadams 8-30-16
famousdebater
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
4/8/2016 5:00:51 PM
At 4/8/2016 4:49:56 PM, Rosalie wrote:
Happy to have you, and I know you'll do a spectacular job. :)

Thanks! :D
John Galsworthy
Hayd
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
4/8/2016 5:11:08 PM
What about new user outreach?

Why do you think you can do these programs than any other candidate could? What makes you better than them?
Wylted
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
4/8/2016 5:20:24 PM
At 4/8/2016 5:18:05 PM, Hayd wrote:
What new programs are you thinking of employing?

He just runs BSH1 programs, he is not responsible for new programs.
famousdebater
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
4/8/2016 5:37:49 PM
At 4/8/2016 5:11:08 PM, Hayd wrote:

If I find a volunteer to do it then yes I'm willing to continue it.

Why do you think you can do these programs than any other candidate could? What makes you better than them?

I am the only person so far that is willing to run all of these programs. Also, Wylted wants to involve the younger members of the community into his programs.

If you know anybody else that is willing that you feel is qualified then I'll welcome them into the operation since, as I said, we're still looking for another member to help run the programs alongside me.
John Galsworthy
Hayd
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
4/8/2016 5:40:10 PM
At 4/8/2016 5:37:49 PM, famousdebater wrote:

I am the only person so far that is willing to run all of these programs. Also, Wylted wants to involve the younger members of the community into his programs.

If you know anybody else that is willing that you feel is qualified then I'll welcome them into the operation since, as I said, we're still looking for another member to help run the programs alongside me.

So if any other candidate announces that they will continue the programs...we have no reason to elect you?
famousdebater
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
4/8/2016 5:42:39 PM
At 4/8/2016 5:40:10 PM, Hayd wrote:

So if any other candidate announces that they will continue the programs...we have no reason to elect you?

No, this is just an additional reason to vote Wylted. Previously Wylted stated that he would abolish most of the programs that Bsh is running which caused some concern among voters however now concern (at least in that area) is gone. Wylted has other people designated to making improvement and new administrations, I'm here to keep the old programs running.
John Galsworthy
Hayd
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
4/8/2016 5:46:15 PM
At 4/8/2016 5:42:39 PM, famousdebater wrote:

No, this is just an additional reason to vote Wylted. Previously Wylted stated that he would abolish most of the programs that Bsh is running which caused some concern among voters however now concern (at least in that area) is gone. Wylted has other people designated to making improvement and new administrations, I'm here to keep the old programs running.

I'm not talking about wylted, he's just trolling, I'm talking about you. I'm talking about you and your programs specifically
Hayd
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
4/8/2016 5:47:28 PM
At 4/8/2016 5:20:24 PM, Wylted wrote:

So you guys arent going to make any new programs then? Just do everything that bsh did.
Wylted
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
4/8/2016 5:48:35 PM

Actually I have never said I would abolish them. Originally I bounced the ideal around of F16 and Ft taking over and trying to deeply ingrained them into the society, so it was something that could be run without the help of a president, but I don't think they were interested and decided to bring BSH1 on board to do the same task, he however has decided to step down. I'm still hoping he helps you with your learning curve, but I am not depending on it
famousdebater
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
4/8/2016 6:54:34 PM
At 4/8/2016 5:47:28 PM, Hayd wrote:

So you guys arent going to make any new programs then? Just do everything that bsh did.

No, I believe that Rosalie is in charge of new programs.
John Galsworthy
Wylted
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
4/8/2016 6:57:21 PM

His focus is on continuing programs that the people of DDO love and support, despite the recent sentiment. I won't derail famous's thread, but I am looking to enact permanent changes to the site culture, not add more bureaucracy
Rosalie
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
4/8/2016 6:57:26 PM
Wylted and I are coming up with some new programs, and I have a few ideas as well, but we're waiting to expose those, closer to the election.
" We need more videos of cat's playing the piano on the internet" - My art professor.

"Criticism is easier to take when you realize that the only people who aren't criticized are those who don't take risks." - Donald Trump

famousdebater
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
4/8/2016 6:58:11 PM
At 4/8/2016 5:46:15 PM, Hayd wrote:

I'm not talking about wylted, he's just trolling, I'm talking about you. I'm talking about you and your programs specifically

I am working with Wylted. I am not running for president, if Wylted is elected then I will be working alongside him. Wylted will be the president, Rosalie is in charge of new programs and I am in charge of keeping the old programs running.
John Galsworthy
FortisAnimi
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
4/8/2016 7:03:14 PM

Calm down holy sh1t
ShabShoral
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
4/8/2016 7:05:10 PM

Which is *exactly* why he's losing everyone who voted for him the last time around.
"This site is trash as a debate site. It's club penguin for dysfunctional adults."

~ Skepsikyma <3

"Your idea of good writing is like Spinoza mixed with Heidegger."

~ Dylly Dylly Cat Cat

"You seem to aspire to be a cross between a Jewish hipster, an old school WASP aristocrat, and a political iconoclast"

~ Thett the Mighty

"fvck omg ur face"

~ Liz
Wylted
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
4/8/2016 7:32:32 PM
At 4/8/2016 7:05:10 PM, ShabShoral wrote:

Which is *exactly* why he's losing everyone who voted for him the last time around.

I'm losing people on my consistent positions, not the inconsist ones.

If I won last time, BSH1 eould have been recruited to staybon board for his stuff, and Airmax can confirm that I made plans to recruit tuff as a liaison to Juggle.
Hayd
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
4/8/2016 7:49:49 PM
At 4/8/2016 7:03:14 PM, FortisAnimi wrote:

Calm down holy sh1t

lol
famousdebater
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
4/8/2016 7:55:56 PM
At 4/8/2016 7:49:49 PM, Hayd wrote:

Calm down holy sh1t

lol

Just to clarify again - Rosalie will be in charge of new programs. I'm in charge of the old ones. My role alone is not a reason to elect us for president. Rosalie's alone is not enough either but with both of our roles as well as some of Wylted's own reforms, there is no reason why you can't vote Wylted over the other candidates. Closer to the time I will be willing to debate the issue.
John Galsworthy
Hayd
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
4/8/2016 7:58:27 PM
At 4/8/2016 6:58:11 PM, famousdebater wrote:

I am working with Wylted. I am not running for president, if Wylted is elected then I will be working alongside him. Wylted will be the president, Rosalie is in charge of new programs and I am in charge of keeping the old programs running.

Ah. I didn't know that Rosalie is in charge of new programs. And she has said she won't release the new programs until later. So the only thing I get from the campaign is "involving the younger members of the site" and "maintaining the old programs", the former isn't explained how this will be done besides putting you in charge since you are young, and the latter anyone can do, its not a unique platform. Besides that wylted has assigned a role to everything a presidency does (even being a liason to juggle lmao), so wylted essentially is a figurehead. This is an awesome trolling campaign rofl
Wylted
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
4/8/2016 8:04:59 PM
At 4/8/2016 7:58:27 PM, Hayd wrote:
At 4/8/2016 6:58:11 PM, famousdebater wrote:

Ah. I didn't know that Rosalie is in charge of new programs. And she has said she won't release the new programs until later. So the only thing I get from the campaign is "involving the younger members of the site" and "maintaining the old programs", the former isn't explained how this will be done besides putting you in charge since you are young, and the latter anyone can do, its not a unique platform. Besides that wylted has assigned a role to everything a presidency does (even being a liason to juggle lmao), so wylted essentially is a figurehead. This is an awesome trolling campaign rofl

It's far superior to lead a team of great individuals than put everythingvon the shoulders of one individual.

This also helps more people get involved with my administration. I can provide the resources necessary to help anybody with their site improvement project. I think it is unethical and inappropriate for a president to take on as much as BSH1 did. See my original announcement thread for why that is inappropriate, and my criticisms of BSH1 for taking that much on.
Hayd
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
4/8/2016 8:13:01 PM
At 4/8/2016 7:55:56 PM, famousdebater wrote:

Calm down holy sh1t

lol

Just to clarify again - Rosalie will be in charge of new programs. I'm in charge of the old ones. My role alone is not a reason to elect us for president. Rosalie's alone is not enough either but with both of our roles as well as some of Wylted's own reforms, there is no reason why you can't vote Wylted over the other candidates. Closer to the time I will be willing to debate the issue.

Wylted has not suggested any serious reforms at all, except for the trolling. If he has any at all, he's keeping them a secret, which I can't vote for given I don't know them.

I have not heard any of Rosalie's new programs, if she has any, she's keeping them a secret.

Thus, the only thing coming from this ticket thus far is trolling, personal attacks, and saying that you have something in mind, but not telling us. The only thing I have to go on at all for your ticket is this thread. Which is any other candidate running for president can do, and you haven't answered the question of why you doing these programs is unique. So no, based on what I know at the moment, its idiotic to give this ticket any consideration.
Rosalie
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
4/8/2016 8:14:42 PM
At 4/8/2016 8:13:01 PM, Hayd wrote:
At 4/8/2016 7:55:56 PM, famousdebater wrote:

Calm down holy sh1t

lol

Wylted has not suggested any serious reforms at all, except for the trolling. If he has any at all, he's keeping them a secret, which I can't vote for given I don't know them.

I have not heard any of Rosalie's new programs, if she has any, she's keeping them a secret.

Thus, the only thing coming from this ticket thus far is trolling, personal attacks, and saying that you have something in mind, but not telling us. The only thing I have to go on at all for your ticket is this thread. Which is any other candidate running for president can do, and you haven't answered the question of why you doing these programs is unique. So no, based on what I know at the moment, its idiotic to give this ticket any consideration.

Because it is too early to announce these ideas. I mean, I have a few ideas. But, I'm still trying to get a feel and understanding of what members want, so I can incorporate their needs, and wished, into my programs.

Hayd
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
4/8/2016 8:19:02 PM
At 4/8/2016 8:14:42 PM, Rosalie wrote:
Because it is too early to announce these ideas. I mean, I have a few ideas. But, I'm still trying to get a feel and understanding of what members want, so I can incorporate their needs, and wished, into my programs.

Ok, but this isn't a reason to vote for you. I can't vote on a ticket based off of this ^

There is no intelligent reasoning whatsoever to expect anyone to vote for you right now. Which I hope you guys understand. If you want to tell me what you will do (what your programs will be), then we can think about it, but right now, no way.
famousdebater
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
4/8/2016 8:20:37 PM
At 4/8/2016 8:19:02 PM, Hayd wrote:

Ok, but this isn't a reason to vote for you. I can't vote on a ticket based off of this ^

There is no intelligent reasoning whatsoever to expect anyone to vote for you right now. Which I hope you guys understand. If you want to tell me what you will do (what your programs will be), then we can think about it, but right now, no way.

Who are you currently considering voting for?
John Galsworthy
Rosalie
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
4/8/2016 8:22:36 PM
At 4/8/2016 8:19:02 PM, Hayd wrote:

And that is completely fine, if you're undecided.

But, I'm not going to propose my ideas, if they are not fully developed yet.

I have a few ideas, but I am still trying to figure out ways to incorporate this or that. So, I don't feel comfortable throwing out a half/ thought-out idea, that isn't fair. Once all of the circumstances have been laid out, I will create a forum about it.