Total Posts:43|Showing Posts:1-30|Last Page
Jump to topic:

DDO president endorsement

Forever23
Posts: 988
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
4/9/2016 10:38:16 PM
Posted: 7 months ago
Okay, so I know I promised to endorse Wylted/Rose but because of the circumstances.. I dont think Im going to do that.

So, at the end, in this campaign, I will probably be endorsing and giving my support to Imabench who wants to abolish the presidency...

While I am not an abolitionist, I do believe that the DK/TUF is not something we need and I do disagree with many of their statements.

So with that said, in the DDO general election my vote goes out to Imabench
1harderthanyouthink
Posts: 13,098
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
4/9/2016 10:39:19 PM
Posted: 7 months ago
A reason to not vote Bench. Great. Down another option.
"It's awfully considerate of you to think of me here,
And I'm much obliged to you for making it clear - that I'm not here."

-Syd Barrett

DDO Risk King
famousdebater
Posts: 3,934
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
4/9/2016 10:48:04 PM
Posted: 7 months ago
At 4/9/2016 10:38:16 PM, Forever23 wrote:
Okay, so I know I promised to endorse Wylted/Rose but because of the circumstances.. I dont think Im going to do that.

Why? Wylted has a very reasonable and strong campaign.

So, at the end, in this campaign, I will probably be endorsing and giving my support to Imabench who wants to abolish the presidency...

Bench is someone that doesn't even take his own campaign seriously. He agreed to participate in a partition for Bsh to resign (which is fine if he believes this) however the problem here is his intention. He agreed to partake in this partition because it increased his odds of winning and it furthered his campaign. He isn't serious about this and he is somebody that the community really cannot trust to make such a major decision that will affect DDO history.

While I am not an abolitionist, I do believe that the DK/TUF is not something we need and I do disagree with many of their statements.

Then vote wylted. If your not an abolitionist then you shouldn't be voting bench. If you're against DK/TUF's campaign then don't vote for them either. Vote wylted.

So with that said, in the DDO general election my vote goes out to Imabench

Why? Imabenchs campain is ridiculous and it's a campaign that I can't even take seriously.
"Life calls the tune, we dance."
John Galsworthy
Forever23
Posts: 988
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
4/9/2016 11:02:11 PM
Posted: 7 months ago
At 4/9/2016 10:48:04 PM, famousdebater wrote:
At 4/9/2016 10:38:16 PM, Forever23 wrote:
Okay, so I know I promised to endorse Wylted/Rose but because of the circumstances.. I dont think Im going to do that.

Why? Wylted has a very reasonable and strong campaign.

Wylted is not prepared to be president. He leaves the campaign trail every few weeks and if he does not have the time for this, why run? He can not even refute his opponents and just questions how their penis tastes and calls 14 year old kids "thugs". The president can do all sorts of outrageous things during campaign but theres some things that he needs to do such as establish a decent platform. Wylted is the last person I would imagine talking to Juggle. Also, he took unprepared people in his campaign.

So, at the end, in this campaign, I will probably be endorsing and giving my support to Imabench who wants to abolish the presidency...

Bench is someone that doesn't even take his own campaign seriously. He agreed to participate in a partition for Bsh to resign (which is fine if he believes this) however the problem here is his intention. He agreed to partake in this partition because it increased his odds of winning and it furthered his campaign. He isn't serious about this and he is somebody that the community really cannot trust to make such a major decision that will affect DDO history.

We can trust him with abolition and out of all the choices, I would nevertheless prefer him over Wylted and TUF

While I am not an abolitionist, I do believe that the DK/TUF is not something we need and I do disagree with many of their statements.

Then vote wylted. If your not an abolitionist then you shouldn't be voting bench. If you're against DK/TUF's campaign then don't vote for them either. Vote wylted.

Because honestly, I believe that the Wylted platform is trash. I was willing to vote for him until I read it. I know that he is not someone I want to support and in addition, he has 0. 0 supporters.

So with that said, in the DDO general election my vote goes out to Imabench

Why? Imabenchs campain is ridiculous and it's a campaign that I can't even take seriously.
1harderthanyouthink
Posts: 13,098
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
4/9/2016 11:11:49 PM
Posted: 7 months ago
At 4/9/2016 11:02:11 PM, Forever23 wrote:
At 4/9/2016 10:48:04 PM, famousdebater wrote:
At 4/9/2016 10:38:16 PM, Forever23 wrote:
Okay, so I know I promised to endorse Wylted/Rose but because of the circumstances.. I dont think Im going to do that.

Why? Wylted has a very reasonable and strong campaign.

Wylted is not prepared to be president. He leaves the campaign trail every few weeks and if he does not have the time for this, why run? He can not even refute his opponents and just questions how their penis tastes and calls 14 year old kids "thugs".

You've called people f@ggots.
"It's awfully considerate of you to think of me here,
And I'm much obliged to you for making it clear - that I'm not here."

-Syd Barrett

DDO Risk King
famousdebater
Posts: 3,934
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
4/9/2016 11:15:28 PM
Posted: 7 months ago
At 4/9/2016 11:02:11 PM, Forever23 wrote:
At 4/9/2016 10:48:04 PM, famousdebater wrote:
At 4/9/2016 10:38:16 PM, Forever23 wrote:
Okay, so I know I promised to endorse Wylted/Rose but because of the circumstances.. I dont think Im going to do that.

Why? Wylted has a very reasonable and strong campaign.

Wylted is not prepared to be president. He leaves the campaign trail every few weeks and if he does not have the time for this, why run? He can not even refute his opponents and just questions how their penis tastes and calls 14 year old kids "thugs". The president can do all sorts of outrageous things during campaign but theres some things that he needs to do such as establish a decent platform. Wylted is the last person I would imagine talking to Juggle. Also, he took unprepared people in his campaign.

Wylted is not the sole person working in his campaign. Rosalie helps with new programs, I am the head programs administrator. Wylted temporarily left because he may be going to jail for a by. Furthermore, the election is in 3 months, why does he need to be on every single week now? You misunderstand the context of wylteds behaviour. Bsh told him to commit suicide and harder and Endark defended Bsh. Yes, his response was bad but you can't blame him for reacting in that way after such a serious incident. Wylted is also more than prepared to speak to Juggle. users such as 1harder have been spreading the myth that Wylted is unlikely to contact juggle however this is not true. He was the first person to announce that he would be contacting juggle. He has officially announced that he is willing to make the trip and since he's also confirmed this with the people involved with his campaign you ought to view this as credible.

So, at the end, in this campaign, I will probably be endorsing and giving my support to Imabench who wants to abolish the presidency...

Bench is someone that doesn't even take his own campaign seriously. He agreed to participate in a partition for Bsh to resign (which is fine if he believes this) however the problem here is his intention. He agreed to partake in this partition because it increased his odds of winning and it furthered his campaign. He isn't serious about this and he is somebody that the community really cannot trust to make such a major decision that will affect DDO history.

We can trust him with abolition and out of all the choices, I would nevertheless prefer him over Wylted and TUF

DDO will fall into anarchy without a leader. We will no longer let have the mentors hip program, new user out tech program or the debate review program for new members. We will no longer have opt in voting. We will no longer have official surveys or forum revivals. The site would have no initiatives running. New members would be discouraged and it massively reduces the chances of juggle ever coming back because the state of this site will massively decrease.

While I am not an abolitionist, I do believe that the DK/TUF is not something we need and I do disagree with many of their statements.

Then vote wylted. If your not an abolitionist then you shouldn't be voting bench. If you're against DK/TUF's campaign then don't vote for them either. Vote wylted.

Because honestly, I believe that the Wylted platform is trash. I was willing to vote for him until I read it. I know that he is not someone I want to support and in addition, he has 0. 0 supporters.

The lack of support myth was spread around by bench to make his campaign look better (which tells you a lot about him and his campaign). I've got a few concerns regarding your comments in the platform:

A) The new platform isn't even 1/3 of the way finished.
B) It has not been publically revealed yet.
C) Rosalies new ideas haven't been added yet.

If you've seen the platform then it makes sense that you don't like it because we've hardly finished it yet.

So with that said, in the DDO general election my vote goes out to Imabench

Why? Imabenchs campain is ridiculous and it's a campaign that I can't even take seriously.
"Life calls the tune, we dance."
John Galsworthy
Forever23
Posts: 988
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
4/9/2016 11:20:17 PM
Posted: 7 months ago
At 4/9/2016 11:11:49 PM, 1harderthanyouthink wrote:
At 4/9/2016 11:02:11 PM, Forever23 wrote:
At 4/9/2016 10:48:04 PM, famousdebater wrote:
At 4/9/2016 10:38:16 PM, Forever23 wrote:
Okay, so I know I promised to endorse Wylted/Rose but because of the circumstances.. I dont think Im going to do that.

Why? Wylted has a very reasonable and strong campaign.

Wylted is not prepared to be president. He leaves the campaign trail every few weeks and if he does not have the time for this, why run? He can not even refute his opponents and just questions how their penis tastes and calls 14 year old kids "thugs".

You've called people f@ggots.

Im far from perfect. But I did give a public apology and I am sorry for the things Ive called people.
Forever23
Posts: 988
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
4/9/2016 11:22:54 PM
Posted: 7 months ago
At 4/9/2016 11:15:28 PM, famousdebater wrote:
At 4/9/2016 11:02:11 PM, Forever23 wrote:
At 4/9/2016 10:48:04 PM, famousdebater wrote:
At 4/9/2016 10:38:16 PM, Forever23 wrote:
Okay, so I know I promised to endorse Wylted/Rose but because of the circumstances.. I dont think Im going to do that.

Why? Wylted has a very reasonable and strong campaign.

Wylted is not prepared to be president. He leaves the campaign trail every few weeks and if he does not have the time for this, why run? He can not even refute his opponents and just questions how their penis tastes and calls 14 year old kids "thugs". The president can do all sorts of outrageous things during campaign but theres some things that he needs to do such as establish a decent platform. Wylted is the last person I would imagine talking to Juggle. Also, he took unprepared people in his campaign.

Wylted is not the sole person working in his campaign. Rosalie helps with new programs, I am the head programs administrator. Wylted temporarily left because he may be going to jail for a by. Furthermore, the election is in 3 months, why does he need to be on every single week now? You misunderstand the context of wylteds behaviour. Bsh told him to commit suicide and harder and Endark defended Bsh. Yes, his response was bad but you can't blame him for reacting in that way after such a serious incident. Wylted is also more than prepared to speak to Juggle. users such as 1harder have been spreading the myth that Wylted is unlikely to contact juggle however this is not true. He was the first person to announce that he would be contacting juggle. He has officially announced that he is willing to make the trip and since he's also confirmed this with the people involved with his campaign you ought to view this as credible.

lol

So, at the end, in this campaign, I will probably be endorsing and giving my support to Imabench who wants to abolish the presidency...

Bench is someone that doesn't even take his own campaign seriously. He agreed to participate in a partition for Bsh to resign (which is fine if he believes this) however the problem here is his intention. He agreed to partake in this partition because it increased his odds of winning and it furthered his campaign. He isn't serious about this and he is somebody that the community really cannot trust to make such a major decision that will affect DDO history.

We can trust him with abolition and out of all the choices, I would nevertheless prefer him over Wylted and TUF

DDO will fall into anarchy without a leader. We will no longer let have the mentors hip program, new user out tech program or the debate review program for new members. We will no longer have opt in voting. We will no longer have official surveys or forum revivals. The site would have no initiatives running. New members would be discouraged and it massively reduces the chances of juggle ever coming back because the state of this site will massively decrease.

While I am not an abolitionist, I do believe that the DK/TUF is not something we need and I do disagree with many of their statements.

Then vote wylted. If your not an abolitionist then you shouldn't be voting bench. If you're against DK/TUF's campaign then don't vote for them either. Vote wylted.

Because honestly, I believe that the Wylted platform is trash. I was willing to vote for him until I read it. I know that he is not someone I want to support and in addition, he has 0. 0 supporters.

The lack of support myth was spread around by bench to make his campaign look better (which tells you a lot about him and his campaign). I've got a few concerns regarding your comments in the platform:

A) The new platform isn't even 1/3 of the way finished.
B) It has not been publically revealed yet.
C) Rosalies new ideas haven't been added yet.

If you've seen the platform then it makes sense that you don't like it because we've hardly finished it yet.

So with that said, in the DDO general election my vote goes out to Imabench

Why? Imabenchs campain is ridiculous and it's a campaign that I can't even take seriously.

He is out because he is in jail. Need I say more? Also, I read enough of the campaign to know that it is garbage and DDO cant have a president like that.
TBR
Posts: 9,991
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
4/9/2016 11:26:11 PM
Posted: 7 months ago
At 4/9/2016 10:38:16 PM, Forever23 wrote:
Okay, so I know I promised to endorse Wylted/Rose but because of the circumstances.. I dont think Im going to do that.

So, at the end, in this campaign, I will probably be endorsing and giving my support to Imabench who wants to abolish the presidency...

While I am not an abolitionist, I do believe that the DK/TUF is not something we need and I do disagree with many of their statements.

So with that said, in the DDO general election my vote goes out to Imabench

Bench bench bech...
http://youtu.be...
famousdebater
Posts: 3,934
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
4/9/2016 11:27:02 PM
Posted: 7 months ago
At 4/9/2016 11:22:54 PM, Forever23 wrote:
At 4/9/2016 11:15:28 PM, famousdebater wrote:
At 4/9/2016 11:02:11 PM, Forever23 wrote:
At 4/9/2016 10:48:04 PM, famousdebater wrote:
At 4/9/2016 10:38:16 PM, Forever23 wrote:
Okay, so I know I promised to endorse Wylted/Rose but because of the circumstances.. I dont think Im going to do that.

Why? Wylted has a very reasonable and strong campaign.

Wylted is not prepared to be president. He leaves the campaign trail every few weeks and if he does not have the time for this, why run? He can not even refute his opponents and just questions how their penis tastes and calls 14 year old kids "thugs". The president can do all sorts of outrageous things during campaign but theres some things that he needs to do such as establish a decent platform. Wylted is the last person I would imagine talking to Juggle. Also, he took unprepared people in his campaign.

Wylted is not the sole person working in his campaign. Rosalie helps with new programs, I am the head programs administrator. Wylted temporarily left because he may be going to jail for a by. Furthermore, the election is in 3 months, why does he need to be on every single week now? You misunderstand the context of wylteds behaviour. Bsh told him to commit suicide and harder and Endark defended Bsh. Yes, his response was bad but you can't blame him for reacting in that way after such a serious incident. Wylted is also more than prepared to speak to Juggle. users such as 1harder have been spreading the myth that Wylted is unlikely to contact juggle however this is not true. He was the first person to announce that he would be contacting juggle. He has officially announced that he is willing to make the trip and since he's also confirmed this with the people involved with his campaign you ought to view this as credible.

lol

So, at the end, in this campaign, I will probably be endorsing and giving my support to Imabench who wants to abolish the presidency...

Bench is someone that doesn't even take his own campaign seriously. He agreed to participate in a partition for Bsh to resign (which is fine if he believes this) however the problem here is his intention. He agreed to partake in this partition because it increased his odds of winning and it furthered his campaign. He isn't serious about this and he is somebody that the community really cannot trust to make such a major decision that will affect DDO history.

We can trust him with abolition and out of all the choices, I would nevertheless prefer him over Wylted and TUF

DDO will fall into anarchy without a leader. We will no longer let have the mentors hip program, new user out tech program or the debate review program for new members. We will no longer have opt in voting. We will no longer have official surveys or forum revivals. The site would have no initiatives running. New members would be discouraged and it massively reduces the chances of juggle ever coming back because the state of this site will massively decrease.

While I am not an abolitionist, I do believe that the DK/TUF is not something we need and I do disagree with many of their statements.

Then vote wylted. If your not an abolitionist then you shouldn't be voting bench. If you're against DK/TUF's campaign then don't vote for them either. Vote wylted.

Because honestly, I believe that the Wylted platform is trash. I was willing to vote for him until I read it. I know that he is not someone I want to support and in addition, he has 0. 0 supporters.

The lack of support myth was spread around by bench to make his campaign look better (which tells you a lot about him and his campaign). I've got a few concerns regarding your comments in the platform:

A) The new platform isn't even 1/3 of the way finished.
B) It has not been publically revealed yet.
C) Rosalies new ideas haven't been added yet.

If you've seen the platform then it makes sense that you don't like it because we've hardly finished it yet.

So with that said, in the DDO general election my vote goes out to Imabench

Why? Imabenchs campain is ridiculous and it's a campaign that I can't even take seriously.


He is out because he is in jail. Need I say more? Also, I read enough of the campaign to know that it is garbage and DDO cant have a president like that.


It's got something to do with driving. He will get a maximum sentence of 1 week though in not sure that he is guilty judging from the way that he spoke to me and Tosalie about the issue. You read about 1/5 of the campaign that was written very quickly. Everything that you read had been scrapped and me and Rosalie are working on the platform. It's different to how it was originally.
"Life calls the tune, we dance."
John Galsworthy
imabench
Posts: 21,204
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
4/9/2016 11:52:00 PM
Posted: 7 months ago
At 4/9/2016 10:48:04 PM, famousdebater wrote:
At 4/9/2016 10:38:16 PM, Forever23 wrote:
Okay, so I know I promised to endorse Wylted/Rose but because of the circumstances.. I dont think Im going to do that.

Why? Wylted has a very reasonable and strong campaign.

https://www.youtube.com...

So, at the end, in this campaign, I will probably be endorsing and giving my support to Imabench who wants to abolish the presidency...

Bench is someone that doesn't even take his own campaign seriously. He agreed to participate in a partition for Bsh to resign (which is fine if he believes this) however the problem here is his intention. He agreed to partake in this partition because it increased his odds of winning and it furthered his campaign. He isn't serious about this and he is somebody that the community really cannot trust to make such a major decision that will affect DDO history.

First of all, its a petition, not partition
Second, I signed on as a joke because the thread itself was clearly a joke
Third, it was YOUR CANDIDATE who made the thread in the first place.
Fourth, im not the one making the decision to end the presidency, im just giving that decision to DDO to vote on

While I am not an abolitionist, I do believe that the DK/TUF is not something we need and I do disagree with many of their statements.

Then vote wylted. If your not an abolitionist then you shouldn't be voting bench. If you're against DK/TUF's campaign then don't vote for them either. Vote wylted.

So with that said, in the DDO general election my vote goes out to Imabench

Why? Imabenchs campain is ridiculous and it's a campaign that I can't even take seriously.

This coming from the Wylted campaign who once had 2 Co VP's

Whats it like being a complete shill?
Kevin24018 : "He's just so mean it makes me want to ball up my fists and stamp on the ground"

7/14/16 = The Presidency Dies

DDO: THE MOVIE = http://www.debate.org...
http://www.debate.org...

VP of DDO from Dec 14th 2014 to Jan 1st 2015
imabench
Posts: 21,204
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
4/9/2016 11:54:10 PM
Posted: 7 months ago
At 4/9/2016 11:15:28 PM, famousdebater wrote:

The lack of support myth was spread around by bench to make his campaign look better (which tells you a lot about him and his campaign).

Its not a myth that Wylted has no support, its reality. Not one person who wasnt part of the Wylted campaign itself supports Wylted for President.

Youre only making Wylted look worse by being a complete shill for him.
Kevin24018 : "He's just so mean it makes me want to ball up my fists and stamp on the ground"

7/14/16 = The Presidency Dies

DDO: THE MOVIE = http://www.debate.org...
http://www.debate.org...

VP of DDO from Dec 14th 2014 to Jan 1st 2015
lannan13
Posts: 23,017
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
4/9/2016 11:54:21 PM
Posted: 7 months ago
At 4/9/2016 11:52:00 PM, imabench wrote:
At 4/9/2016 10:48:04 PM, famousdebater wrote:
At 4/9/2016 10:38:16 PM, Forever23 wrote:
Okay, so I know I promised to endorse Wylted/Rose but because of the circumstances.. I dont think Im going to do that.

Why? Wylted has a very reasonable and strong campaign.

https://www.youtube.com...

So, at the end, in this campaign, I will probably be endorsing and giving my support to Imabench who wants to abolish the presidency...

Bench is someone that doesn't even take his own campaign seriously. He agreed to participate in a partition for Bsh to resign (which is fine if he believes this) however the problem here is his intention. He agreed to partake in this partition because it increased his odds of winning and it furthered his campaign. He isn't serious about this and he is somebody that the community really cannot trust to make such a major decision that will affect DDO history.

First of all, its a petition, not partition
Second, I signed on as a joke because the thread itself was clearly a joke
Third, it was YOUR CANDIDATE who made the thread in the first place.
Fourth, im not the one making the decision to end the presidency, im just giving that decision to DDO to vote on

While I am not an abolitionist, I do believe that the DK/TUF is not something we need and I do disagree with many of their statements.

Then vote wylted. If your not an abolitionist then you shouldn't be voting bench. If you're against DK/TUF's campaign then don't vote for them either. Vote wylted.

So with that said, in the DDO general election my vote goes out to Imabench

Why? Imabenchs campain is ridiculous and it's a campaign that I can't even take seriously.

This coming from the Wylted campaign who once had 2 Co VP's

Whats it like being a complete shill?

He's a Statist, he doesn't understand.
-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-Lannan13'S SIGNATURE-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-

If the sky's the limit then why do we have footprints on the Moon? I'm shooting my aspirations for the stars.

"If you are going through hell, keep going." "Sir Winston Churchill

"No one can make you feel inferior without your consent." "Eleanor Roosevelt

Topics I want to debate. (http://tinyurl.com...)
-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~
ESocialBookworm
Posts: 14,350
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
4/9/2016 11:56:27 PM
Posted: 7 months ago
At 4/9/2016 10:48:04 PM, famousdebater wrote:
At 4/9/2016 10:38:16 PM, Forever23 wrote:
Okay, so I know I promised to endorse Wylted/Rose but because of the circumstances.. I dont think Im going to do that.

Why? Wylted has a very reasonable and strong campaign.

So, at the end, in this campaign, I will probably be endorsing and giving my support to Imabench who wants to abolish the presidency...

Bench is someone that doesn't even take his own campaign seriously. He agreed to participate in a partition for Bsh to resign (which is fine if he believes this) however the problem here is his intention. He agreed to partake in this partition because it increased his odds of winning and it furthered his campaign. He isn't serious about this and he is somebody that the community really cannot trust to make such a major decision that will affect DDO history.

While I am not an abolitionist, I do believe that the DK/TUF is not something we need and I do disagree with many of their statements.

Then vote wylted. If your not an abolitionist then you shouldn't be voting bench. If you're against DK/TUF's campaign then don't vote for them either. Vote wylted.

So with that said, in the DDO general election my vote goes out to Imabench

Why? Imabenchs campain is ridiculous and it's a campaign that I can't even take seriously.

Actually... I'm not so sure about that. Right now, I'm looking at both Bench and DK/Tuf, though leaning more to the latter. Obviously, it's way too early for me to throw my support definitely to someone.

.

My thoughts on DK/TUF

You weren't here on DDO back then, but I had the privilege of joining at the end of TUF's presidency. He was a good president. He tried his best to communicate with Juggle, and if I'm not mistaken- they were co-operating back then.

DK is also a great contributor to the site. He's a renowned great debater. He encouraged the continuation of the DDO fanfics, and still writes despite the decrease in fanfic participation! He- I think- is the only one who's continued to write after the DDO fanfic boom passed.

Not to mention he works assiduously to encourage voting, having started The Voter's Union, which is the second group of its kind (BoT's SCOD is inactive now, I believe). http://www.debate.org...

He likes pizza, cats, and finds seahorses adorable. http://www.debate.org...

They are both great members who will do their job fantastically if elected, and I'm more than willing to throw my vote to them.

.

On the other hand- and I cannot believe I am actually saying this-Bench

Although Bench isn't my favourite person on DDO, I can appreciate intelligence when I see it. He's a mean troll, but he's smart, dedicated and deep down, a good person.

I'm not- yet- an abolitionist, as I'm still weighing the pros and cons. On one hand, I recognize that the President has no real power or abilities, and that the DDO community can take over unitedly the responsibilities that would usually be thrown onto one person (or about three, in this case.)

The presidency is a position and symbol of responsibility, and to some, our connection- though greatly lacking- with Juggle. The usual association with the presidency, frankly, is simply conversing and getting things done with Juggle. This partly contributed, IMHO, to Wylted's supporter base last election, who believed 1) he lived close to Juggle, and for the abolitionists 2) Juggle doesn't give a sh!t anymore so the presidential position has become redundant.

.

The ultimate question: Will DDO actually implode if the presidency is dissolved?

.

F-16's position http://www.debate.org...

"... the presidency... was a joke... [then] a liason position with Juggle... and Juggle gave [the incumbent president Airmax] mod powers but the presidency elections continued every six months anyways.
"Suppose Airmax then hands over modding powers... and puts him as a liason between Juggle and the memberbase.
"The point of the election is to have a user representative to counter moderation's power... on behalf of the userbase... [to overthrow] future mods whose policies we don't agree with..."

The problem with this is that F-16 assumes Juggle will become involved. The last few presidents- Bladerunner060, Mikal, Ore_Ele and bsh1 have all attested to Juggle's lack of involvement and communication with the site (i.e. my nice way of saying they don't give a rat's arse.) Max is "a mature and neutral figure" as he points out, and of course, as a human being he won't stay here for his entire life. We must have confidence in his ability to pick the best mods to assume positions on DDO. In the case that the site has a problem with this, we really don't have much of a choice in the matter but complaining, because ultimately- Juggle doesn't care. They're not around. They're like Matilda's parents- she belonged to them technically, but they really didn't care- or at least show it- about her.

.

Bsh's points

Liaison to Juggle
When last has Juggle been in contact or did something that was actually good for the site?

Liaison/Counterbalance to Moderation
"The first is that the President has certain, albeit limited, tools with which to counter the power of moderation, including their mandate and the bully pulpit."
Yeah... no. Max makes all the final decisions, and while you were good at encouraging him to do certain things, I don't think this is a huge factor. For instance, what the president could talk to Max about, any regular ol' Joe can as well. (No offense to Joe's).

Community Organizer
The forum revival program was a good idea, but is it still a thing? Bench's mafia-style idea for tournaments seems a suitable replacement.

Town Crier
Can't whoever is in charge of whatever it is report to the site? The DDO updates, while informational, are boring and I'm pretty sure- or maybe it's just me- few people read them...

Community Ambassador
I suppose this is one point to consider. Instead a hundred people messaging Juggle, that one person could represent. But then, why not just have the person who pioneered whatever it is, or max represent DDO?

"I would not do the vast majority of things I do now were I not President"
I suppose that's it... A lot of people want the position to have a position of authority on DDO. That's why they do things. They will do it if they feel like they are being recognized. However, DDO often has appreciation threads. Many members do good things for the site- Endark with fanfics, Mikal and 7th when they encouraged hangouts, Max for being moderator, Bench for his many contributions to DDO etc- do they all deserve positions?

I actually side with Bench's statement:
"all of those is simply a list of made up sh** that is just a sad attempt to justify the role of the presidency....."

.

DDO Conventions

It seems like an okay idea. My two main issues:

"A proposal can be made in a Convention to change this threshold from 60% to something else, but such a proposal would still need the original 60% approval rate to be approved."
Umm... 60%... wut... How does one determine 60% of the user-base, when including the spambots, inactives, deactivated, multi-accounts etc? We probably have about 100 people on the site who actually participate in the elections... That said, it may encourage noobs or stowaways from other forums to join in...

"Proposals to ban certain members"
Meh. IDK how I feel about this yet.

.
.
.

And thus, I conclude:

VOTE SKEP/7TH 2016
Solonkr~
I don't care about whether an ideology is "necessary" or not,
I care about how to solve problems,
which is what everyone else should also care about.

Ken~
In essence, the world is fucked up and you can either ignore it, become cynical or bitter about it.

Me~
"BAILEY + SOLON = SAILEY
MY SHIP SAILEY MUST SAIL"

SCREW THAT SHIZ #BANNIE = BAILEY & ANNIE

P.S. Shipped Sailey before it was cannon bitches.
imabench
Posts: 21,204
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
4/10/2016 12:11:51 AM
Posted: 7 months ago
At 4/9/2016 11:56:27 PM, ESocialBookworm wrote:

DDO Conventions

It seems like an okay idea. My two main issues:

"A proposal can be made in a Convention to change this threshold from 60% to something else, but such a proposal would still need the original 60% approval rate to be approved."
Umm... 60%... wut... How does one determine 60% of the user-base, when including the spambots, inactives, deactivated, multi-accounts etc? We probably have about 100 people on the site who actually participate in the elections... That said, it may encourage noobs or stowaways from other forums to join in...

It would be 60% of the people who vote

If 20 people vote yes, and 10 people vote no, then 20 of 30 voters have voted yes, which is greater than 60%, so the measure would pass. If it were 17 yes and 13 no, that would be about 58% of voters voting yes, so the measure wouldnt pass
Kevin24018 : "He's just so mean it makes me want to ball up my fists and stamp on the ground"

7/14/16 = The Presidency Dies

DDO: THE MOVIE = http://www.debate.org...
http://www.debate.org...

VP of DDO from Dec 14th 2014 to Jan 1st 2015
TBR
Posts: 9,991
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
4/10/2016 12:17:27 AM
Posted: 7 months ago
At 4/9/2016 11:56:27 PM, ESocialBookworm wrote:
At 4/9/2016 10:48:04 PM, famousdebater wrote:
At 4/9/2016 10:38:16 PM, Forever23 wrote:
Okay, so I know I promised to endorse Wylted/Rose but because of the circumstances.. I dont think Im going to do that.

Why? Wylted has a very reasonable and strong campaign.

So, at the end, in this campaign, I will probably be endorsing and giving my support to Imabench who wants to abolish the presidency...

Bench is someone that doesn't even take his own campaign seriously. He agreed to participate in a partition for Bsh to resign (which is fine if he believes this) however the problem here is his intention. He agreed to partake in this partition because it increased his odds of winning and it furthered his campaign. He isn't serious about this and he is somebody that the community really cannot trust to make such a major decision that will affect DDO history.

While I am not an abolitionist, I do believe that the DK/TUF is not something we need and I do disagree with many of their statements.

Then vote wylted. If your not an abolitionist then you shouldn't be voting bench. If you're against DK/TUF's campaign then don't vote for them either. Vote wylted.

So with that said, in the DDO general election my vote goes out to Imabench

Why? Imabenchs campain is ridiculous and it's a campaign that I can't even take seriously.

Actually... I'm not so sure about that. Right now, I'm looking at both Bench and DK/Tuf, though leaning more to the latter. Obviously, it's way too early for me to throw my support definitely to someone.

.

My thoughts on DK/TUF

You weren't here on DDO back then, but I had the privilege of joining at the end of TUF's presidency. He was a good president. He tried his best to communicate with Juggle, and if I'm not mistaken- they were co-operating back then.

DK is also a great contributor to the site. He's a renowned great debater. He encouraged the continuation of the DDO fanfics, and still writes despite the decrease in fanfic participation! He- I think- is the only one who's continued to write after the DDO fanfic boom passed.

Not to mention he works assiduously to encourage voting, having started The Voter's Union, which is the second group of its kind (BoT's SCOD is inactive now, I believe). http://www.debate.org...

He likes pizza, cats, and finds seahorses adorable. http://www.debate.org...

They are both great members who will do their job fantastically if elected, and I'm more than willing to throw my vote to them.

.

On the other hand- and I cannot believe I am actually saying this-Bench

Although Bench isn't my favourite person on DDO, I can appreciate intelligence when I see it. He's a mean troll, but he's smart, dedicated and deep down, a good person.

I'm not- yet- an abolitionist, as I'm still weighing the pros and cons. On one hand, I recognize that the President has no real power or abilities, and that the DDO community can take over unitedly the responsibilities that would usually be thrown onto one person (or about three, in this case.)

The presidency is a position and symbol of responsibility, and to some, our connection- though greatly lacking- with Juggle. The usual association with the presidency, frankly, is simply conversing and getting things done with Juggle. This partly contributed, IMHO, to Wylted's supporter base last election, who believed 1) he lived close to Juggle, and for the abolitionists 2) Juggle doesn't give a sh!t anymore so the presidential position has become redundant.

.

The ultimate question: Will DDO actually implode if the presidency is dissolved?

.

F-16's position http://www.debate.org...

"... the presidency... was a joke... [then] a liason position with Juggle... and Juggle gave [the incumbent president Airmax] mod powers but the presidency elections continued every six months anyways.
"Suppose Airmax then hands over modding powers... and puts him as a liason between Juggle and the memberbase.
"The point of the election is to have a user representative to counter moderation's power... on behalf of the userbase... [to overthrow] future mods whose policies we don't agree with..."

The problem with this is that F-16 assumes Juggle will become involved. The last few presidents- Bladerunner060, Mikal, Ore_Ele and bsh1 have all attested to Juggle's lack of involvement and communication with the site (i.e. my nice way of saying they don't give a rat's arse.) Max is "a mature and neutral figure" as he points out, and of course, as a human being he won't stay here for his entire life. We must have confidence in his ability to pick the best mods to assume positions on DDO. In the case that the site has a problem with this, we really don't have much of a choice in the matter but complaining, because ultimately- Juggle doesn't care. They're not around. They're like Matilda's parents- she belonged to them technically, but they really didn't care- or at least show it- about her.

.

Bsh's points

Liaison to Juggle
When last has Juggle been in contact or did something that was actually good for the site?

Liaison/Counterbalance to Moderation
"The first is that the President has certain, albeit limited, tools with which to counter the power of moderation, including their mandate and the bully pulpit."
Yeah... no. Max makes all the final decisions, and while you were good at encouraging him to do certain things, I don't think this is a huge factor. For instance, what the president could talk to Max about, any regular ol' Joe can as well. (No offense to Joe's).

Community Organizer
The forum revival program was a good idea, but is it still a thing? Bench's mafia-style idea for tournaments seems a suitable replacement.

Town Crier
Can't whoever is in charge of whatever it is report to the site? The DDO updates, while informational, are boring and I'm pretty sure- or maybe it's just me- few people read them...

Community Ambassador
I suppose this is one point to consider. Instead a hundred people messaging Juggle, that one person could represent. But then, why not just have the person who pioneered whatever it is, or max represent DDO?

"I would not do the vast majority of things I do now were I not President"
I suppose that's it... A lot of people want the position to have a position of authority on DDO. That's why they do things. They will do it if they feel like they are being recognized. However, DDO often has appreciation threads. Many members do good things for the site- Endark with fanfics, Mikal and 7th when they encouraged hangouts, Max for being moderator, Bench for his many contributions to DDO etc- do they all deserve positions?

I actually side with Bench's statement:
"all of those is simply a list of made up sh** that is just a sad attempt to justify the role of the presidency....."

.

DDO Conventions

It seems like an okay idea. My two main issues:

"A proposal can be made in a Convention to change this threshold from 60% to something else, but such a proposal would still need the original 60% approval rate to be approved."
Umm... 60%... wut... How does one determine 60% of the user-base, when including the spambots, inactives, deactivated, multi-accounts etc? We probably have about 100 people on the site who actually participate in the elections... That said, it may encourage noobs or stowaways from other forums to join in...

I think this would be 60% of the total vo
TUF
Posts: 21,297
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
4/10/2016 12:38:17 AM
Posted: 7 months ago
Well whatever we've done you disagree with, you can pm me like a real adult at any time :) or speak specificities here.
"I've got to go and grab a shirt" ~ Airmax1227
Forever23
Posts: 988
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
4/10/2016 12:55:59 AM
Posted: 7 months ago
At 4/9/2016 11:27:02 PM, famousdebater wrote:
At 4/9/2016 11:22:54 PM, Forever23 wrote:
At 4/9/2016 11:15:28 PM, famousdebater wrote:
At 4/9/2016 11:02:11 PM, Forever23 wrote:
At 4/9/2016 10:48:04 PM, famousdebater wrote:
At 4/9/2016 10:38:16 PM, Forever23 wrote:
Okay, so I know I promised to endorse Wylted/Rose but because of the circumstances.. I dont think Im going to do that.

Why? Wylted has a very reasonable and strong campaign.

Wylted is not prepared to be president. He leaves the campaign trail every few weeks and if he does not have the time for this, why run? He can not even refute his opponents and just questions how their penis tastes and calls 14 year old kids "thugs". The president can do all sorts of outrageous things during campaign but theres some things that he needs to do such as establish a decent platform. Wylted is the last person I would imagine talking to Juggle. Also, he took unprepared people in his campaign.

Wylted is not the sole person working in his campaign. Rosalie helps with new programs, I am the head programs administrator. Wylted temporarily left because he may be going to jail for a by. Furthermore, the election is in 3 months, why does he need to be on every single week now? You misunderstand the context of wylteds behaviour. Bsh told him to commit suicide and harder and Endark defended Bsh. Yes, his response was bad but you can't blame him for reacting in that way after such a serious incident. Wylted is also more than prepared to speak to Juggle. users such as 1harder have been spreading the myth that Wylted is unlikely to contact juggle however this is not true. He was the first person to announce that he would be contacting juggle. He has officially announced that he is willing to make the trip and since he's also confirmed this with the people involved with his campaign you ought to view this as credible.

lol

So, at the end, in this campaign, I will probably be endorsing and giving my support to Imabench who wants to abolish the presidency...

Bench is someone that doesn't even take his own campaign seriously. He agreed to participate in a partition for Bsh to resign (which is fine if he believes this) however the problem here is his intention. He agreed to partake in this partition because it increased his odds of winning and it furthered his campaign. He isn't serious about this and he is somebody that the community really cannot trust to make such a major decision that will affect DDO history.

We can trust him with abolition and out of all the choices, I would nevertheless prefer him over Wylted and TUF

DDO will fall into anarchy without a leader. We will no longer let have the mentors hip program, new user out tech program or the debate review program for new members. We will no longer have opt in voting. We will no longer have official surveys or forum revivals. The site would have no initiatives running. New members would be discouraged and it massively reduces the chances of juggle ever coming back because the state of this site will massively decrease.

While I am not an abolitionist, I do believe that the DK/TUF is not something we need and I do disagree with many of their statements.

Then vote wylted. If your not an abolitionist then you shouldn't be voting bench. If you're against DK/TUF's campaign then don't vote for them either. Vote wylted.

Because honestly, I believe that the Wylted platform is trash. I was willing to vote for him until I read it. I know that he is not someone I want to support and in addition, he has 0. 0 supporters.

The lack of support myth was spread around by bench to make his campaign look better (which tells you a lot about him and his campaign). I've got a few concerns regarding your comments in the platform:

A) The new platform isn't even 1/3 of the way finished.
B) It has not been publically revealed yet.
C) Rosalies new ideas haven't been added yet.

If you've seen the platform then it makes sense that you don't like it because we've hardly finished it yet.

So with that said, in the DDO general election my vote goes out to Imabench

Why? Imabenchs campain is ridiculous and it's a campaign that I can't even take seriously.


He is out because he is in jail. Need I say more? Also, I read enough of the campaign to know that it is garbage and DDO cant have a president like that.


It's got something to do with driving. He will get a maximum sentence of 1 week though in not sure that he is guilty judging from the way that he spoke to me and Tosalie about the issue. You read about 1/5 of the campaign that was written very quickly. Everything that you read had been scrapped and me and Rosalie are working on the platform. It's different to how it was originally.

Famous, face it. Wylted has no chance. Right now, you are like one of those supporters who goes house to house to support the candidate. I dont support him and theres no sh!t you can do about that.
Hoppi
Posts: 1,655
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
4/10/2016 1:00:07 AM
Posted: 7 months ago
At 4/9/2016 10:38:16 PM, Forever23 wrote:
Okay, so I know I promised to endorse Wylted/Rose but because of the circumstances.. I dont think Im going to do that.

So, at the end, in this campaign, I will probably be endorsing and giving my support to Imabench who wants to abolish the presidency...

While I am not an abolitionist, I do believe that the DK/TUF is not something we need and I do disagree with many of their statements.

So with that said, in the DDO general election my vote goes out to Imabench

Do you think it's worse to drive an unregistered vehicle or to refer to a black nurse as a "monkey with aids"? The first one is illegal and the second one isn't, but I'm curious what you think.
Forever23
Posts: 988
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
4/10/2016 1:01:48 AM
Posted: 7 months ago
At 4/10/2016 1:00:07 AM, Hoppi wrote:
At 4/9/2016 10:38:16 PM, Forever23 wrote:
Okay, so I know I promised to endorse Wylted/Rose but because of the circumstances.. I dont think Im going to do that.

So, at the end, in this campaign, I will probably be endorsing and giving my support to Imabench who wants to abolish the presidency...

While I am not an abolitionist, I do believe that the DK/TUF is not something we need and I do disagree with many of their statements.

So with that said, in the DDO general election my vote goes out to Imabench

Do you think it's worse to drive an unregistered vehicle or to refer to a black nurse as a "monkey with aids"? The first one is illegal and the second one isn't, but I'm curious what you think.

It would depend. But personally, I would say... #1. If anyone called you or someone "a monkey with aids" its something you could easily deal with, knowing that its not true.
Hoppi
Posts: 1,655
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
4/10/2016 1:20:27 AM
Posted: 7 months ago
At 4/10/2016 1:01:48 AM, Forever23 wrote:
At 4/10/2016 1:00:07 AM, Hoppi wrote:
At 4/9/2016 10:38:16 PM, Forever23 wrote:
Okay, so I know I promised to endorse Wylted/Rose but because of the circumstances.. I dont think Im going to do that.

So, at the end, in this campaign, I will probably be endorsing and giving my support to Imabench who wants to abolish the presidency...

While I am not an abolitionist, I do believe that the DK/TUF is not something we need and I do disagree with many of their statements.

So with that said, in the DDO general election my vote goes out to Imabench

Do you think it's worse to drive an unregistered vehicle or to refer to a black nurse as a "monkey with aids"? The first one is illegal and the second one isn't, but I'm curious what you think.

It would depend. But personally, I would say... #1. If anyone called you or someone "a monkey with aids" its something you could easily deal with, knowing that its not true.

I could easily deal with someone driving an unregistered vehicle too, but fair enough. :)
Emmarie
Posts: 1,907
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
4/10/2016 1:24:58 AM
Posted: 7 months ago
At 4/9/2016 10:38:16 PM, Forever23 wrote:
Okay, so I know I promised to endorse Wylted/Rose but because of the circumstances.. I dont think Im going to do that.

So, at the end, in this campaign, I will probably be endorsing and giving my support to Imabench who wants to abolish the presidency...

While I am not an abolitionist, I do believe that the DK/TUF is not something we need and I do disagree with many of their statements.

So with that said, in the DDO general election my vote goes out to Imabench

I'm not posting on Wylted hiatus post because I'm not going to bump it. So I'll respond to Rosalie, famousdebater and TUF here - lol - as well as to give shouts out to Forever 23 for supporting Imabench.

I have no beef with Rosalie - I just don't like to see young attractive females be used like I think Wylted is using her. I made the comments about what she may be doing "behind the scenes" to show her how she made be viewed if she campaigns as a VP with Wylted, and doesn't stay transparent. It also annoyed me that Wylted is taking another hiatus and expects Rosalie to deal with all the Pm's about the campaign since she refuses to discuss it publicly.
Wylted
Posts: 21,167
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
4/10/2016 1:39:37 AM
Posted: 7 months ago
At 4/9/2016 11:52:00 PM, imabench wrote:
At 4/9/2016 10:48:04 PM, famousdebater wrote:
At 4/9/2016 10:38:16 PM, Forever23 wrote:
Okay, so I know I promised to endorse Wylted/Rose but because of the circumstances.. I dont think Im going to do that.

Why? Wylted has a very reasonable and strong campaign.

https://www.youtube.com...

So, at the end, in this campaign, I will probably be endorsing and giving my support to Imabench who wants to abolish the presidency...

Bench is someone that doesn't even take his own campaign seriously. He agreed to participate in a partition for Bsh to resign (which is fine if he believes this) however the problem here is his intention. He agreed to partake in this partition because it increased his odds of winning and it furthered his campaign. He isn't serious about this and he is somebody that the community really cannot trust to make such a major decision that will affect DDO history.

First of all, its a petition, not partition
Second, I signed on as a joke because the thread itself was clearly a joke
Third, it was YOUR CANDIDATE who made the thread in the first place.
Fourth, im not the one making the decision to end the presidency, im just giving that decision to DDO to vote on

While I am not an abolitionist, I do believe that the DK/TUF is not something we need and I do disagree with many of their statements.

Then vote wylted. If your not an abolitionist then you shouldn't be voting bench. If you're against DK/TUF's campaign then don't vote for them either. Vote wylted.

So with that said, in the DDO general election my vote goes out to Imabench

Why? Imabenchs campain is ridiculous and it's a campaign that I can't even take seriously.

This coming from the Wylted campaign who once had 2 Co VP's

Whats it like being a complete shill?

Every time you mention the 2 VP thing it shows how mentally retarded you are.Your only criticism of it is that it is different. You cannot run a campaign where you pretend to have out of the box ideals and then criticize things on the basis that they are unusual, with no other criticism to go with it.
ESocialBookworm
Posts: 14,350
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
4/10/2016 2:17:38 AM
Posted: 7 months ago
At 4/10/2016 12:11:51 AM, imabench wrote:
At 4/9/2016 11:56:27 PM, ESocialBookworm wrote:

DDO Conventions

It seems like an okay idea. My two main issues:

"A proposal can be made in a Convention to change this threshold from 60% to something else, but such a proposal would still need the original 60% approval rate to be approved."
Umm... 60%... wut... How does one determine 60% of the user-base, when including the spambots, inactives, deactivated, multi-accounts etc? We probably have about 100 people on the site who actually participate in the elections... That said, it may encourage noobs or stowaways from other forums to join in...

It would be 60% of the people who vote

If 20 people vote yes, and 10 people vote no, then 20 of 30 voters have voted yes, which is greater than 60%, so the measure would pass. If it were 17 yes and 13 no, that would be about 58% of voters voting yes, so the measure wouldnt pass

Oh. That makes more sense then.
Solonkr~
I don't care about whether an ideology is "necessary" or not,
I care about how to solve problems,
which is what everyone else should also care about.

Ken~
In essence, the world is fucked up and you can either ignore it, become cynical or bitter about it.

Me~
"BAILEY + SOLON = SAILEY
MY SHIP SAILEY MUST SAIL"

SCREW THAT SHIZ #BANNIE = BAILEY & ANNIE

P.S. Shipped Sailey before it was cannon bitches.
Emmarie
Posts: 1,907
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
4/10/2016 2:18:30 AM
Posted: 7 months ago
At 4/10/2016 1:53:53 AM, Wylted wrote:

Is your presence on this site a troll?

No is yours?
Are you mentally deranged?

No - just very observant!

First thinking that Petersmith is some sort of top secret Juggle employee,

She seems more authoritative than most members who have clout
not thinking there are all types of dubious things going on behind the scenes of my campaign?

Just expecting transparency if you're gonna make posts about the election.

Let me let you in on a little secret. I don't lose. Not when I care about winning, and now winning the election is my thing. I was reluctant to run and tried to back down at a few different points, but Rosalie encouraged me to keep pushing forward. If anyone is being used it is me, by her.

poor victim wylted
But, she is not using me. She cares a great deal about the site. She knows that I care a great deal, and she also knows that I can win. I was one point away from winning last time, and my fate in that last election looked even dimmer.

You want to know if there is secret stuff going on behind the scenes?

no I wanna know what you will do to improve this site. Your campaigning without revealing your platform is annoying.

Yes there is. All types of secret stuff. You are not a part of the club. All of us have reached out to each other behind the scenes to make all types of top secret deals. All of us are purposely being vague with our platforms until election draws closer, all of us are using hidden strategy to win the campaign.

No just your campaign is - but you just admitted it!

Do you think DK/Tuf are trying to appear above this because of how honorable they are? No they want the establishment vote, so it forces them to appear boring and dry. It forces them to carefully calculate every statement they make.

Smart move - they are respectable in their techniques.
Do you think Bench is trying to make my campaign look like a joke with no chance of winning because he is being honest?

No he is trying to cut down on presidential drama so maybe people will focus on debates I am speculating and could be wrong

No he isn't. He knows I will do whatever it takes to win.

Yeah like using an attractive young female who many guys like to answer PMs about your campaign.

He knows he stands a better chance of winning if I bow out of this race, or if people atleast perceive I have no chance, so he can take those votes.

Winning is all you care about, if it was more than that you'd explain your actual platform.

There are not evil things going on behind the scenes, but there certainly is secret things. Transparency is stupid, it will make you lose. However thinking that we are doing evil things behind the scenes is silly, thinking any campaign has complete transparency is even dumber.

Not evil things - but deceptive things - which can lead to evil.
Wylted
Posts: 21,167
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
4/10/2016 2:34:37 AM
Posted: 7 months ago
At 4/10/2016 2:18:30 AM, Emmarie wrote:
At 4/10/2016 1:53:53 AM, Wylted wrote:

Is your presence on this site a troll?

No is yours?
Are you mentally deranged?

No - just very observant!

First thinking that Petersmith is some sort of top secret Juggle employee,

She seems more authoritative than most members who have clout
not thinking there are all types of dubious things going on behind the scenes of my campaign?

Just expecting transparency if you're gonna make posts about the election.

Let me let you in on a little secret. I don't lose. Not when I care about winning, and now winning the election is my thing. I was reluctant to run and tried to back down at a few different points, but Rosalie encouraged me to keep pushing forward. If anyone is being used it is me, by her.

poor victim wylted
But, she is not using me. She cares a great deal about the site. She knows that I care a great deal, and she also knows that I can win. I was one point away from winning last time, and my fate in that last election looked even dimmer.

You want to know if there is secret stuff going on behind the scenes?

no I wanna know what you will do to improve this site. Your campaigning without revealing your platform is annoying.

Yes there is. All types of secret stuff. You are not a part of the club. All of us have reached out to each other behind the scenes to make all types of top secret deals. All of us are purposely being vague with our platforms until election draws closer, all of us are using hidden strategy to win the campaign.

No just your campaign is - but you just admitted it!

No there's is as well. When I released the beta platform it had just as many details as there's does. It now has even more details, and regardless of the details, you won't be voting for me, so why do you care?


Do you think DK/Tuf are trying to appear above this because of how honorable they are? No they want the establishment vote, so it forces them to appear boring and dry. It forces them to carefully calculate every statement they make.

Smart move - they are respectable in their techniques.

Well the intent is to appear that way, so they are succesful in appearing respectable with you. good job

Do you think Bench is trying to make my campaign look like a joke with no chance of winning because he is being honest?

No he is trying to cut down on presidential drama so maybe people will focus on debates I am speculating and could be wrong

You are wrong, he loves drama. It is why he has been banned more than any other member and created a weekly youtube show dedicated to making fun of other members

No he isn't. He knows I will do whatever it takes to win.

Yeah like using an attractive young female who many guys like to answer PMs about your campaign.

You continually insinuating she is a slutt is extremely ignorant.

He knows he stands a better chance of winning if I bow out of this race, or if people atleast perceive I have no chance, so he can take those votes.

Winning is all you care about, if it was more than that you'd explain your actual platform.

cool

There are not evil things going on behind the scenes, but there certainly is secret things. Transparency is stupid, it will make you lose. However thinking that we are doing evil things behind the scenes is silly, thinking any campaign has complete transparency is even dumber.

Not evil things - but deceptive things - which can lead to evil.

As already pointed out everyone engages in them to a certain extent, even you. Even the almighty Airmax does to a certain extent.
Emmarie
Posts: 1,907
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
4/10/2016 2:46:30 AM
Posted: 7 months ago
At 4/10/2016 2:34:37 AM, Wylted wrote:
At 4/10/2016 2:18:30 AM, Emmarie wrote:
At 4/10/2016 1:53:53 AM, Wylted wrote:

Yes there is. All types of secret stuff. You are not a part of the club. All of us have reached out to each other behind the scenes to make all types of top secret deals. All of us are purposely being vague with our platforms until election draws closer, all of us are using hidden strategy to win the campaign.

No just your campaign is - but you just admitted it!

No there's is as well. When I released the beta platform it had just as many details as there's does. It now has even more details, and regardless of the details, you won't be voting for me, so why do you care?

I care because your post about juggle got me to do some research about the company and then when you came back you assumed that DK was gonna do your bidding for you with Juggle because he mentioned living closer in his platform.

Do you think DK/Tuf are trying to appear above this because of how honorable they are? No they want the establishment vote, so it forces them to appear boring and dry. It forces them to carefully calculate every statement they make.

Smart move - they are respectable in their techniques.

Well the intent is to appear that way, so they are succesful in appearing respectable with you. good job

Why do you want DK and TUF to on your "cabinet" if they are so dishonorable?
Do you think Bench is trying to make my campaign look like a joke with no chance of winning because he is being honest?

No he is trying to cut down on presidential drama so maybe people will focus on debates I am speculating and could be wrong

You are wrong, he loves drama. It is why he has been banned more than any other member and created a weekly youtube show dedicated to making fun of other members
Not drama - entertainment - something he is creative at providing

No he isn't. He knows I will do whatever it takes to win.

Yeah like using an attractive young female who many guys like to answer PMs about your campaign.

You continually insinuating she is a slutt is extremely ignorant.
You used that deplorable word not me. I was called that when I was her age for being friendly and likable. I am implying that because she is popular that you are using her!

He knows he stands a better chance of winning if I bow out of this race, or if people atleast perceive I have no chance, so he can take those votes.

Winning is all you care about, if it was more than that you'd explain your actual platform.

cool

There are not evil things going on behind the scenes, but there certainly is secret things. Transparency is stupid, it will make you lose. However thinking that we are doing evil things behind the scenes is silly, thinking any campaign has complete transparency is even dumber.

Not evil things - but deceptive things - which can lead to evil.

As already pointed out everyone engages in them to a certain extent, even you. Even the almighty Airmax does to a certain extent.
It's called discretion when it is honorable - it's called deception when it is dishonorable.
Geogeer
Posts: 4,227
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
4/10/2016 2:51:44 AM
Posted: 7 months ago
At 4/9/2016 10:38:16 PM, Forever23 wrote:
Okay, so I know I promised to endorse Wylted/Rose but because of the circumstances.. I dont think Im going to do that.

So, at the end, in this campaign, I will probably be endorsing and giving my support to Imabench who wants to abolish the presidency...

While I am not an abolitionist, I do believe that the DK/TUF is not something we need and I do disagree with many of their statements.

So with that said, in the DDO general election my vote goes out to Imabench

How long is it to the election again?
famousdebater
Posts: 3,934
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
4/10/2016 8:02:38 AM
Posted: 7 months ago
At 4/10/2016 2:51:44 AM, Geogeer wrote:
At 4/9/2016 10:38:16 PM, Forever23 wrote:
Okay, so I know I promised to endorse Wylted/Rose but because of the circumstances.. I dont think Im going to do that.

So, at the end, in this campaign, I will probably be endorsing and giving my support to Imabench who wants to abolish the presidency...

While I am not an abolitionist, I do believe that the DK/TUF is not something we need and I do disagree with many of their statements.

So with that said, in the DDO general election my vote goes out to Imabench

How long is it to the election again?

Approximately 3 months.
"Life calls the tune, we dance."
John Galsworthy