Total Posts:17|Showing Posts:1-17
Jump to topic:

Major Announcement

jimtimmy10
Posts: 134
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
4/11/2016 12:36:33 AM
Posted: 1 year ago
I would like to announce to DDO that I, jimtimmy, will be a candidate for DDO president in the next election. I am a beloved experienced member of this site. I have returned after hiatus to save DDO. I was the first person on DDO to propose so many things.

I get things done. I understand that I will enter this race as a heavy favorite to win. But, I am not taking anything for granted. More to come on this front very soon.
Subutai
Posts: 4,065
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
4/11/2016 12:51:36 AM
Posted: 1 year ago
Our giant election clusterfuck would not be complete without JimTimmy announcing his candidacy.
Don't let this site's demise affect you:

- Make an account on eDeb8
- Message Mikal to transfer your stats to eDeb8 (if you want them transferred)
- Contact any friends on here you'd like to stay in contact with
- Download any debates you'd like archived (go here: http://webpagetopdf.com...)
- Download as many mafia games as you can to preserve stats and history
1harderthanyouthink
Posts: 13,552
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
4/11/2016 12:58:52 AM
Posted: 1 year ago
At 4/11/2016 12:51:36 AM, Subutai wrote:
Our giant election clusterfuck would not be complete without JimTimmy announcing his candidacy.
"It's the PUPPY IN THE SKY!" -TBR's kid

DDO Risk King
imabench
Posts: 21,806
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
4/11/2016 1:01:29 AM
Posted: 1 year ago
At 4/11/2016 1:00:18 AM, jimtimmy10 wrote:
As the frontrunner, I have to agree.....

Ironically I am the frontrunner this time around ;)

Whats more, if I win, you wont be able to run for president ever again ;)
DDO: THE MOVIE = http://www.debate.org...
http://www.debate.org...

VP of DDO from Dec 14th 2014 to Jan 1st 2015
jimtimmy10
Posts: 134
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
4/11/2016 1:03:01 AM
Posted: 1 year ago
At 4/11/2016 1:01:29 AM, imabench wrote:
At 4/11/2016 1:00:18 AM, jimtimmy10 wrote:
As the frontrunner, I have to agree.....

Ironically I am the frontrunner this time around ;)

Whats more, if I win, you wont be able to run for president ever again ;)

Why not?
imabench
Posts: 21,806
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
4/11/2016 1:06:03 AM
Posted: 1 year ago
At 4/11/2016 1:03:01 AM, jimtimmy10 wrote:
At 4/11/2016 1:01:29 AM, imabench wrote:
At 4/11/2016 1:00:18 AM, jimtimmy10 wrote:
As the frontrunner, I have to agree.....

Ironically I am the frontrunner this time around ;)

Whats more, if I win, you wont be able to run for president ever again ;)

Why not?

Im running to abolish the presidency and replace it with a direct-democracy type system that will revolve around DDO Conventions rather than DDO Elections. If I win and the system is implemented, you nor anyone else would be able to run for president again
DDO: THE MOVIE = http://www.debate.org...
http://www.debate.org...

VP of DDO from Dec 14th 2014 to Jan 1st 2015
jimtimmy10
Posts: 134
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
4/11/2016 1:07:14 AM
Posted: 1 year ago
At 4/11/2016 1:06:03 AM, imabench wrote:
At 4/11/2016 1:03:01 AM, jimtimmy10 wrote:
At 4/11/2016 1:01:29 AM, imabench wrote:
At 4/11/2016 1:00:18 AM, jimtimmy10 wrote:
As the frontrunner, I have to agree.....

Ironically I am the frontrunner this time around ;)

Whats more, if I win, you wont be able to run for president ever again ;)

Why not?

Im running to abolish the presidency and replace it with a direct-democracy type system that will revolve around DDO Conventions rather than DDO Elections. If I win and the system is implemented, you nor anyone else would be able to run for president again

Interesting. I guess my candidacy and likely victory will put a "bench" in your plans....
Sam7411
Posts: 961
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
4/11/2016 1:07:53 AM
Posted: 1 year ago
At 4/11/2016 1:06:03 AM, imabench wrote:
At 4/11/2016 1:03:01 AM, jimtimmy10 wrote:
At 4/11/2016 1:01:29 AM, imabench wrote:
At 4/11/2016 1:00:18 AM, jimtimmy10 wrote:
As the frontrunner, I have to agree.....

Ironically I am the frontrunner this time around ;)

Whats more, if I win, you wont be able to run for president ever again ;)

Why not?

Im running to abolish the presidency and replace it with a direct-democracy type system that will revolve around DDO Conventions rather than DDO Elections. If I win and the system is implemented, you nor anyone else would be able to run for president again

^
imabench
Posts: 21,806
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
4/11/2016 1:09:58 AM
Posted: 1 year ago
At 4/11/2016 1:07:14 AM, jimtimmy10 wrote:
At 4/11/2016 1:06:03 AM, imabench wrote:
At 4/11/2016 1:03:01 AM, jimtimmy10 wrote:
At 4/11/2016 1:01:29 AM, imabench wrote:
At 4/11/2016 1:00:18 AM, jimtimmy10 wrote:
As the frontrunner, I have to agree.....

Ironically I am the frontrunner this time around ;)

Whats more, if I win, you wont be able to run for president ever again ;)

Why not?

Im running to abolish the presidency and replace it with a direct-democracy type system that will revolve around DDO Conventions rather than DDO Elections. If I win and the system is implemented, you nor anyone else would be able to run for president again


Interesting. I guess my candidacy and likely victory will put a "bench" in your plans....

just like the last 7 times you tried to run only to not even make it on the final ballot? ;)
DDO: THE MOVIE = http://www.debate.org...
http://www.debate.org...

VP of DDO from Dec 14th 2014 to Jan 1st 2015
jimtimmy10
Posts: 134
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
4/11/2016 1:10:33 AM
Posted: 1 year ago
At 4/11/2016 1:09:58 AM, imabench wrote:
At 4/11/2016 1:07:14 AM, jimtimmy10 wrote:
At 4/11/2016 1:06:03 AM, imabench wrote:
At 4/11/2016 1:03:01 AM, jimtimmy10 wrote:
At 4/11/2016 1:01:29 AM, imabench wrote:
At 4/11/2016 1:00:18 AM, jimtimmy10 wrote:
As the frontrunner, I have to agree.....

Ironically I am the frontrunner this time around ;)

Whats more, if I win, you wont be able to run for president ever again ;)

Why not?

Im running to abolish the presidency and replace it with a direct-democracy type system that will revolve around DDO Conventions rather than DDO Elections. If I win and the system is implemented, you nor anyone else would be able to run for president again


Interesting. I guess my candidacy and likely victory will put a "bench" in your plans....

just like the last 7 times you tried to run only to not even make it on the final ballot? ;)

I didn't want to embarrass the other candidates by beating them so badly....
imabench
Posts: 21,806
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
4/11/2016 1:17:06 AM
Posted: 1 year ago
At 4/11/2016 1:10:33 AM, jimtimmy10 wrote:

I didn't want to embarrass the other candidates by beating them so badly....

sure
DDO: THE MOVIE = http://www.debate.org...
http://www.debate.org...

VP of DDO from Dec 14th 2014 to Jan 1st 2015
lannan13
Posts: 23,297
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
4/11/2016 1:58:25 AM
Posted: 1 year ago
At 4/11/2016 12:51:36 AM, Subutai wrote:
Our giant election clusterfuck would not be complete without JimTimmy announcing his candidacy.

Daytona still hasn't said anything yet.
-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-Lannan13'S SIGNATURE-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-

If the sky's the limit then why do we have footprints on the Moon? I'm shooting my aspirations for the stars.

"If you are going through hell, keep going." "Sir Winston Churchill

"No one can make you feel inferior without your consent." "Eleanor Roosevelt

Topics I want to debate. (http://tinyurl.com...)
Vox_Veritas
Posts: 7,251
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
4/11/2016 1:59:38 AM
Posted: 1 year ago
You are already Mr. President in our hearts.
Call me Vox, the Resident Contrarian of debate.org.

The DDO Blog:
https://debatedotorg.wordpress.com...

#drinkthecoffeenotthekoolaid
PetersSmith
Posts: 6,894
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
4/11/2016 2:02:04 AM
Posted: 1 year ago
At 4/11/2016 12:36:33 AM, jimtimmy10 wrote:
I would like to announce to DDO that I, jimtimmy, will be a candidate for DDO president in the next election. I am a beloved experienced member of this site. I have returned after hiatus to save DDO. I was the first person on DDO to propose so many things.

I get things done. I understand that I will enter this race as a heavy favorite to win. But, I am not taking anything for granted. More to come on this front very soon.

I'll get more votes than you.
Empress of DDO (also Poll and Forum "Maintenance" Moderator)

"The two most important days in your life is the day you were born, and the day you find out why."
~Mark Twain

"Wow"
-Doge

"Don't believe everything you read on the internet just because there's a picture with a quote next to it."
~Abraham Lincoln

Guide to the Polls Section: http://www.debate.org...
Subutai
Posts: 4,065
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
4/11/2016 2:02:59 AM
Posted: 1 year ago
At 4/11/2016 2:02:04 AM, PetersSmith wrote:
At 4/11/2016 12:36:33 AM, jimtimmy10 wrote:
I would like to announce to DDO that I, jimtimmy, will be a candidate for DDO president in the next election. I am a beloved experienced member of this site. I have returned after hiatus to save DDO. I was the first person on DDO to propose so many things.

I get things done. I understand that I will enter this race as a heavy favorite to win. But, I am not taking anything for granted. More to come on this front very soon.

I'll get more votes than you.

All you need is someone else who supports you...
Don't let this site's demise affect you:

- Make an account on eDeb8
- Message Mikal to transfer your stats to eDeb8 (if you want them transferred)
- Contact any friends on here you'd like to stay in contact with
- Download any debates you'd like archived (go here: http://webpagetopdf.com...)
- Download as many mafia games as you can to preserve stats and history
PetersSmith
Posts: 6,894
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
4/11/2016 2:05:22 AM
Posted: 1 year ago
At 4/11/2016 2:02:59 AM, Subutai wrote:
At 4/11/2016 2:02:04 AM, PetersSmith wrote:
At 4/11/2016 12:36:33 AM, jimtimmy10 wrote:
I would like to announce to DDO that I, jimtimmy, will be a candidate for DDO president in the next election. I am a beloved experienced member of this site. I have returned after hiatus to save DDO. I was the first person on DDO to propose so many things.

I get things done. I understand that I will enter this race as a heavy favorite to win. But, I am not taking anything for granted. More to come on this front very soon.

I'll get more votes than you.

All you need is someone else who supports you...

Heil will always be at my side.
Empress of DDO (also Poll and Forum "Maintenance" Moderator)

"The two most important days in your life is the day you were born, and the day you find out why."
~Mark Twain

"Wow"
-Doge

"Don't believe everything you read on the internet just because there's a picture with a quote next to it."
~Abraham Lincoln

Guide to the Polls Section: http://www.debate.org...