Jump to topic:

Suggestion for reply system for forums

Xerdex
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
4/15/2016 5:40:14 AM
Posted: 7 months ago
This site needs to improve it's reply system.

I find it hard to read message and what is in reply to what, it taxes my energy each time lol. Why post the whole (updated) conversation each time per reply? Why not just post what this message is in-reply-to? It's easier to read completes the ultimate goal of replying to a particular message.

Suggestions: replying to one message at a time instead of posting the full conversation between the two, improve clarity by making coloured distinctions between in-reply-to and actual message.

Thoughts?
PetersSmith
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
4/15/2016 5:46:08 AM
At 4/15/2016 5:40:14 AM, Xerdex wrote:

I find it hard to read message and what is in reply to what, it taxes my energy each time lol. Why post the whole (updated) conversation each time per reply? Why not just post what this message is in-reply-to? It's easier to read completes the ultimate goal of replying to a particular message.

Suggestions: replying to one message at a time instead of posting the full conversation between the two, improve clarity by making coloured distinctions between in-reply-to and actual message.

Thoughts?

No updates will be made to the reply system.
Empress of DDO (also Poll and Forum "Maintenance" Moderator)

"The two most important days in your life is the day you were born, and the day you find out why."
~Mark Twain

"Wow"
-Doge

"Don't believe everything you read on the internet just because there's a picture with a quote next to it."
~Abraham Lincoln

Guide to the Polls Section: http://www.debate.org...
Xerdex
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
4/15/2016 5:48:46 AM
At 4/15/2016 5:46:08 AM, PetersSmith wrote:

Thoughts?

Why not? Ideas not impactful? Not a serious problem? Lacking resources to implement solution?
PetersSmith
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
4/15/2016 5:49:50 AM
At 4/15/2016 5:48:46 AM, Xerdex wrote:

Thoughts?

Why not? Ideas not impactful? Not a serious problem? Lacking resources to implement solution?

Because they're too busy not caring about the site.

"The two most important days in your life is the day you were born, and the day you find out why."
~Mark Twain

"Wow"
-Doge

"Don't believe everything you read on the internet just because there's a picture with a quote next to it."
~Abraham Lincoln

Xerdex
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
4/15/2016 5:51:05 AM
At 4/15/2016 5:49:50 AM, PetersSmith wrote:

Thoughts?

I see...
PetersSmith
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
4/15/2016 5:51:49 AM
At 4/15/2016 5:51:05 AM, Xerdex wrote:
At 4/15/2016 5:49:50 AM, PetersSmith wrote:

Thoughts?

I see...

I believe it was addressed in TUF's podcast.

~Mark Twain

"Wow"
-Doge

~Abraham Lincoln