Jump to topic:

What to do with TN votes in the polls.

TBR
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
4/18/2016 3:45:16 PM
Posted: 7 months ago
I had asked TN if he wanted to be removed from the poll, he wanted to stay "for a bit", and it was my thought that he should remain until the close of the first week. Week one is now done.

TN, my plan is to leave your name, and platform in, but with Strikethrough for your name. The question is what to do with the current poll votes. It was my intention to move 2nd and 3rd place votes for TN to their 1st and 2nd choices. After all, that is the reason for ranking them, right? The other option is to just zero the 1, 2, 3 votes for TN. Thoughts from the candidates?
imabench
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
4/18/2016 4:02:16 PM
At 4/18/2016 3:45:16 PM, TBR wrote:
I had asked TN if he wanted to be removed from the poll, he wanted to stay "for a bit", and it was my thought that he should remain until the close of the first week. Week one is now done.

TN, my plan is to leave your name, and platform in, but with Strikethrough for your name. The question is what to do with the current poll votes. It was my intention to move 2nd and 3rd place votes for TN to their 1st and 2nd choices. After all, that is the reason for ranking them, right? The other option is to just zero the 1, 2, 3 votes for TN. Thoughts from the candidates?

I believe that all of his votes should go to me since he has gone on record several times saying he has endorsed me
Kevin24018 : "He's just so mean it makes me want to ball up my fists and stamp on the ground"

7/14/16 = The Presidency Dies

DDO: THE MOVIE = http://www.debate.org...
http://www.debate.org...

VP of DDO from Dec 14th 2014 to Jan 1st 2015
TBR
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
4/18/2016 4:05:57 PM
At 4/18/2016 4:02:16 PM, imabench wrote:

I believe that all of his votes should go to me since he has gone on record several times saying he has endorsed me

It would be pollster malpractice to do this. OR tell you that you would be the YUGE beneficiary of the proper "move up votes" schema.
imabench
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
4/18/2016 4:19:34 PM
At 4/18/2016 4:05:57 PM, TBR wrote:

It would be pollster malpractice to do this. OR tell you that you would be the YUGE beneficiary of the proper "move up votes" schema.

If you did move his 2nd and 3rd place votes up to 1st and second, who would benefit?
Kevin24018 : "He's just so mean it makes me want to ball up my fists and stamp on the ground"

7/14/16 = The Presidency Dies

DDO: THE MOVIE = http://www.debate.org...
http://www.debate.org...

VP of DDO from Dec 14th 2014 to Jan 1st 2015
TBR
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
4/18/2016 4:30:59 PM
At 4/18/2016 4:19:34 PM, imabench wrote:

If you did move his 2nd and 3rd place votes up to 1st and second, who would benefit?

As I think I made clear in the post above, it would be pollster malpractice to tell you exactly how YUGE a benefit it would be to YOU to do this.
TBR
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
4/18/2016 4:33:59 PM
At 4/18/2016 4:19:34 PM, imabench wrote:

Hello Mr. Thompson

http://youtu.be...
TN05
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
4/18/2016 7:24:32 PM

TN, my plan is to leave your name, and platform in, but with Strikethrough for your name.

That is fine.

The question is what to do with the current poll votes. It was my intention to move 2nd and 3rd place votes for TN to their 1st and 2nd choices. After all, that is the reason for ranking them, right? The other option is to just zero the 1, 2, 3 votes for TN. Thoughts from the candidates?

I'd prefer the votes stay in some manner since there is a rank. The first option sounds good.