Jump to topic:

*Official Vote Moderation Discussion Thread*

YYW
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
4/20/2016 4:06:36 PM
Posted: 7 months ago
This thread may be used to discuss issues with vote moderation. Vote moderation, and whiteflame in particular, does not desire that these things be raised publicly, but this is a misguided view.

Members who have issues with vote moderation should post their questions, comments, and concerns here so that (1) issues only have to be discussed one time, (2) the community may learn from other's mistakes, (3) all are aware of what specific problems regarding vote moderation are taking place, and (4) other members can have a dialogue on these issues.

Vote moderation is unlike other kinds of moderation, as casting good votes is a learning experience for all. Others who have encountered issues should be able to refer to this thread as a resource. Additionally, this thread will serve the salutary impact of ensuring that vote moderation is being consistent, and being held accountable.
Tsar of DDO
PetersSmith
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
4/20/2016 4:15:47 PM
At 4/20/2016 4:06:36 PM, YYW wrote:
This thread may be used to discuss issues with vote moderation. Vote moderation, and whiteflame in particular, does not desire that these things be raised publicly, but this is a misguided view.

Members who have issues with vote moderation should post their questions, comments, and concerns here so that (1) issues only have to be discussed one time, (2) the community may learn from other's mistakes, (3) all are aware of what specific problems regarding vote moderation are taking place, and (4) other members can have a dialogue on these issues.

Vote moderation is unlike other kinds of moderation, as casting good votes is a learning experience for all. Others who have encountered issues should be able to refer to this thread as a resource. Additionally, this thread will serve the salutary impact of ensuring that vote moderation is being consistent, and being held accountable.

You are just a few fries short of a Happy Meal.
Empress of DDO (also Poll and Forum "Maintenance" Moderator)

"The two most important days in your life is the day you were born, and the day you find out why."
~Mark Twain

"Wow"
-Doge

"Don't believe everything you read on the internet just because there's a picture with a quote next to it."
~Abraham Lincoln

Guide to the Polls Section: http://www.debate.org...
SamStevens
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
4/20/2016 5:25:37 PM

aw snap
"This is the true horror of religion. It allows perfectly decent and sane people to believe by the billions, what only lunatics could believe on their own." Sam Harris
Life asked Death "Why do people love me but hate you?"
Death responded: "Because you are a beautiful lie, and I am the painful truth."
YYW
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
4/20/2016 5:29:22 PM
At 4/20/2016 5:25:37 PM, SamStevens wrote:

aw snap

Yes, the idea is to get all of these scattered threads in one place.
Tsar of DDO
SamStevens
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
4/20/2016 5:35:41 PM
At 4/20/2016 5:29:22 PM, YYW wrote:

aw snap

It seems like a good idea.
"This is the true horror of religion. It allows perfectly decent and sane people to believe by the billions, what only lunatics could believe on their own." Sam Harris
Life asked Death "Why do people love me but hate you?"
Death responded: "Because you are a beautiful lie, and I am the painful truth."
YYW
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
4/20/2016 5:38:51 PM
At 4/20/2016 5:35:41 PM, SamStevens wrote:

aw snap

It seems like a good idea.

I think so as well.

It may take time for people to buy into the idea, but on balance and to the extent that people use this thread for its intended purpose, many of the problems associated with vote moderation can be addressed in a clear and coherent way.
Tsar of DDO
ColeTrain
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
4/20/2016 6:19:05 PM
At 4/20/2016 6:03:33 PM, YYW wrote:
This thread was the first.

The first of what?
"The right to 360 noscope noobs shall not be infringed!!!" -- tajshar2k
"So, to start off, I've never committed suicide." -- Vaarka
"I eat glue." -- brontoraptor
"I mean, at this rate, I'd argue for a ham sandwich presidency." -- ResponsiblyIrresponsible
"Overthrow Assad, heil jihad." -- 16kadams when trolling in hangout
"Hillary Clinton is not my favorite person ... and her campaign is as inspiring as a bowl of cottage cheese." -- YYW
ColeTrain
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
4/20/2016 6:19:28 PM
At 4/20/2016 4:15:47 PM, PetersSmith wrote:

You are just a few fries short of a Happy Meal.

The same could be said for everyone, with the exception of Trump, perhaps.
"The right to 360 noscope noobs shall not be infringed!!!" -- tajshar2k
"So, to start off, I've never committed suicide." -- Vaarka
"I eat glue." -- brontoraptor
"I mean, at this rate, I'd argue for a ham sandwich presidency." -- ResponsiblyIrresponsible
"Overthrow Assad, heil jihad." -- 16kadams when trolling in hangout
"Hillary Clinton is not my favorite person ... and her campaign is as inspiring as a bowl of cottage cheese." -- YYW
TBR
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
4/20/2016 6:27:14 PM

aw snap

I agree with the intent. Threads like the tech issue thread, as an example, become somewhat worthless over time. Inherent problems with a forum and this crap software.

If the intent is to simple gather up all the CURRENT voting issues. That's another thing