Jump to topic:

Voting Moderation Survey Results

Mikal
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
4/21/2016 3:15:21 AM
Posted: 7 months ago
Despite claims that whiteflame does an objectively bad job and that this is a a universally accepted position, most believe he does a good job

50% of people believe he does a decent job
36% of people believe he does a great job
7% thinks he does a bad job
7% thinks he should be replaced

Meaning out of 14 total votes on this , an 86% majority believes he is doing decent to great

So shout out to whiteflame. I just wanted to prove that you are not a bad mod, and that all these claims of you doing a shitty job are unjustified and that most people don't believe it

Keep up the good job marc
ColeTrain
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
4/21/2016 3:33:51 AM
At 4/21/2016 3:21:43 AM, YYW wrote:
...said every liar ever

Why not just accept it?
"The right to 360 noscope noobs shall not be infringed!!!" -- tajshar2k
"So, to start off, I've never committed suicide." -- Vaarka
"I eat glue." -- brontoraptor
"I mean, at this rate, I'd argue for a ham sandwich presidency." -- ResponsiblyIrresponsible
"Overthrow Assad, heil jihad." -- 16kadams when trolling in hangout
"Hillary Clinton is not my favorite person ... and her campaign is as inspiring as a bowl of cottage cheese." -- YYW
airmax1227
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
4/21/2016 3:34:12 AM
At 4/21/2016 3:15:21 AM, Mikal wrote:
Despite claims that whiteflame does an objectively bad job and that this is a a universally accepted position, most believe he does a good job

Meaning out of 14 total votes on this , an 86% majority believes he is doing decent to great

So shout out to whiteflame. I just wanted to prove that you are not a bad mod, and that all these claims of you doing a shitty job are unjustified and that most people don't believe it

While I appreciate that you wanted to reassure Whiteflame of this with some type of objective data, I have only heard one individual claim that he is doing the job as poorly as you have described above.

Vote moderation recognizes that there are always ways to improve, especially in the ways that the standards are communicated (and that's being worked on as we speak) and we'll continue to engage the community and work on ways to improve things.

While criticisms of the standards and any individual action taken by the moderators are valid and always invited, any claims that Whiteflame is incompetent, or stupid, or has done a less than competent job is unsubstantiated nonsense and should not be dignified with any direct response whatsoever (though I recognize the desire to and I'm sure I am/will be guilty of it too). Though to be clear, this is not to imply that legitimate complaints and issues will ever be ignored.

So again, while I appreciate your concern Mikal, no one (with rare exception) takes this seriously, and taking it seriously (as this effort implies) dignifies it far more than it ever should be.

That said, productive conversations about vote moderation are always welcome and will continue in a productive manner that focuses on vote moderation and those standards itself and not personal beefs with the vote moderator.
Debate.org Moderator
YYW
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
4/21/2016 3:36:52 AM
At 4/21/2016 3:34:12 AM, airmax1227 wrote:
At 4/21/2016 3:15:21 AM, Mikal wrote:

While I appreciate that you wanted to reassure Whiteflame of this with some type of objective data, I have only heard one individual claim that he is doing the job as poorly as you have described above.

Vote moderation recognizes that there are always ways to improve, especially in the ways that the standards are communicated (and that's being worked on as we speak) and we'll continue to engage the community and work on ways to improve things.

While criticisms of the standards and any individual action taken by the moderators are valid and always invited, any claims that Whiteflame is incompetent, or stupid, or has done a less than competent job is unsubstantiated nonsense and should not be dignified with any direct response whatsoever (though I recognize the desire to and I'm sure I am/will be guilty of it too). Though to be clear, this is not to imply that legitimate complaints and issues will ever be ignored.

So again, while I appreciate your concern Mikal, no one (with rare exception) takes this seriously, and taking it seriously (as this effort implies) dignifies it far more than it ever should be.

That said, productive conversations about vote moderation are always welcome and will continue in a productive manner that focuses on vote moderation and those standards itself and not personal beefs with the vote moderator.

You'd be surprised...
YYW
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
4/21/2016 3:37:33 AM
To claim that the vast majority of people just carte blanche accept that whiteflame is competent is to vastly overstate reality, as well.

We can have a real poll on the issue if you'd like.
airmax1227
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
4/21/2016 3:45:36 AM
At 4/21/2016 3:37:33 AM, YYW wrote:
To claim that the vast majority of people just carte blanche accept that whiteflame is competent is to vastly overstate reality, as well.

Well since now that we are discussing public perception rather than your completely unfounded initial claim, then I suppose this may be worth replying to.

I asked you once to provide evidence of Whiteflame's constant misinterpretations of the standards, and you still haven't done so.

So now if you want to move the goal posts to an entirely different venue altogether and into the realm of public perception, fine. Provide some evidence of your claim...
Debate.org Moderator
YYW
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
4/21/2016 3:48:28 AM
At 4/21/2016 3:45:36 AM, airmax1227 wrote:

Well since now that we are discussing public perception rather than your completely unfounded initial claim, then I suppose this may be worth replying to.

Well do you want to discuss my entirely unfounded claim, or do you want to talk about public perception?

I asked you once to provide evidence of Whiteflame's constant misinterpretations of the standards, and you still haven't done so.

Check the Misc forum, and the thread titled something to the effect of "monument to Whiteflame's incompetence."

So now if you want to move the goal posts to an entirely different venue altogether and into the realm of public perception, fine. Provide some evidence of your claim...

Sure.
airmax1227
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
4/21/2016 4:06:45 AM
At 4/21/2016 3:48:28 AM, YYW wrote:
At 4/21/2016 3:45:36 AM, airmax1227 wrote:

Well do you want to discuss my entirely unfounded claim, or do you want to talk about public perception?

Your initial claim was discussed to the length that it needed to be. You can provide the evidence for that and make it more than a mere assertion, or you can can't. There's nothing left to discuss on the matter unless you actually provide the evidence required to make such a claim. This is the last I will discuss it with you, until I view a thread devoted to you backing up the claim that Whiteflame constantly misinterprets the standards.

Check the Misc forum, and the thread titled something to the effect of "monument to Whiteflame's incompetence."

You posted one example and that wasn't a very good one, nor does it make the case for anything coming close to the assertion of constant incompetence in Whiteflame's moderation.

Sure.

As was the point of my response to Mikal, I don't take this seriously, nor do I think I should take you seriously with regards to this. The last time I engaged at length with you on a voting topic, you pretty much dropped the entire point I was making, trolled me, and then spammed a thread intended for vote moderation discussion.

So I'm not wasting my time on this issue you have. If you want this to be addressed seriously, you can present the evidence required for you to make the assertion that you have. You have the burden of proof to show that Whiteflame has enforced the standards incompetently. This requires that you show a large number of votes removed/not removed erroneously, and you now have the burden to show that public perception is against him also (if you'd like to back that claim up).

Until then your views on this will be ignored, as they justifiably should be ignored by me, and as they should be by anyone else that actually demands evidence for significant claims.
Debate.org Moderator
YYW
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
4/21/2016 4:22:04 AM
At 4/21/2016 4:06:45 AM, airmax1227 wrote:
Until then your views on this will be ignored, as they justifiably should be ignored by me, and as they should be by anyone else that actually demands evidence for significant claims.

The fact is that there is ample evidence of whiteflame's incompetence contained both in his voting record and in the comments he's posted in debates. We have discussed this. The fact that I have not linked you to them does not mean I have not provided you with information or evidence supporting why whiteflame is incompetent.

Obviously, since you chose him, and your reputation is itself on the line because you chose him (though you will take issue with this), you have a strong incentive to "prop him up" or otherwise ignore challenges to his competence, which is fine. That being the case, the reason I tend to only point this out on an incidental basis is mostly because I have no expectation that, because of your interests in preserving the status quo, that you will do anything other than ignore what I'm saying.

That said, there is some level of amusement that I take in seeing whiteflame struggle to form coherent sentences in explaining his inane decisions, much less form them, because he is incapable of doing so. This is why so many decisions of his get challenged. First, they are bad, and second, they are bad because he is inept. As I discussed with FourTrouble earlier, if he was apologetic, I would be forgiving of his failures, but he does not so I am not.

However, and this is the important point, I raise these discussions for reasons that mostly don't concern you, because, as I have stated above, I do not expect you to ever change your view. In fact, given your incentives with respect to the status quo, I have every expectation that you will actively resist having to face these problems.

There will come a time, however, when these conversations are no longer needed, though that time is not now. But enough of this for tonight... mostly talking to you about this when your position is what it is is a waste of my time (ironically, that is your same view of me). Needless to say, you are not who these discussions are meant for because you are, after all, the one who made the offer to an incompetent subordinate. But, much like PeterSmith, you keep them around because they get more stuff right than they get wrong (even if they're at a 60/40 ratio), and that reduces your workload, which I understand. It is, after all, just a debate website.

But these surveys mean nothing, and, likewise, Mikal's thoughts on the issue mean nothing, because he's Mikal. The beginning and end of his experience in debating is engaging in terrible rap battles that no one cares about, which he used to inflate his elo to the point it is. Essentially, Mikal did to his elo what the people who spam the misc forum to inflate their post counts do to their post counts. He is neither a good debater, nor a competent judge, nor has he even undertaken the effort to offer anything in the way of outlining what a competent judge or mod would look like or be. So, to the extent that any person takes anything he says seriously, they discredit themselves, and we all know that, which is why no one cares what he thinks... even the people he defends, because we all know what he is. But I digress.

Returning to the more critical issue, whether you accept that I'm right or not doesn't really matter to me, hence why my interaction with you on this issue (outside of trolling) is pretty limited.

But it's just business. Nothing personal, of course.
ESocialBookworm
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
4/21/2016 5:10:58 AM
At 4/21/2016 4:22:04 AM, YYW wrote:

WATCH OUT L. N. IS COMING FOR YOU
Solonkr~
I don't care about whether an ideology is "necessary" or not,
I care about how to solve problems,
which is what everyone else should also care about.

Ken~
In essence, the world is fucked up and you can either ignore it, become cynical or bitter about it.

Me~
"BAILEY + SOLON = SAILEY
MY SHIP SAILEY MUST SAIL"

SCREW THAT SHIZ #BANNIE = BAILEY & ANNIE

P.S. Shipped Sailey before it was cannon bitches.
SolonKR
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
4/21/2016 5:25:40 AM
At 4/21/2016 5:10:58 AM, ESocialBookworm wrote:

https://www.youtube.com...
SO to Bailey, the love of my life <3
YYW
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
4/21/2016 5:29:33 AM

It's just amazing to me that Mikal thinks he matters on this site, or in any other respect.
ESocialBookworm
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
4/21/2016 5:41:31 AM
At 4/21/2016 5:29:33 AM, YYW wrote:

It's just amazing to me that Mikal thinks he matters on this site, or in any other respect.

LN= Liam Neeson
Solonkr~

Ken~
In essence, the world is fucked up and you can either ignore it, become cynical or bitter about it.

Me~
"BAILEY + SOLON = SAILEY

SolonKR
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
4/21/2016 5:42:32 AM
At 4/21/2016 5:41:31 AM, ESocialBookworm wrote:
LN= Liam Neeson

Oh, I thought you were making a Death Note reference because of L and N. Whoops.
SO to Bailey, the love of my life <3
YYW
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
4/21/2016 5:42:50 AM

LN= Liam Neeson

Plot twist: I too have a very special set of skills
ESocialBookworm
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
4/21/2016 5:44:47 AM
At 4/21/2016 5:42:50 AM, YYW wrote:

LN= Liam Neeson

Plot twist: I too have a very special set of skills

Unless you're Walker bai
Solonkr~

Ken~

Me~
"BAILEY + SOLON = SAILEY

Mikal
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
4/21/2016 6:51:50 AM

I mean your relevance is far less than mine and it matters to you far more than mine does. I don't have time for or use this site much anymore. I log on to laugh and mock people that make stupid posts (which as of late is primarily you and f16) The people i'm friends with on here I maintain relationships off site. You on the other hand are considered one of the most, if not most toxic members on the site, while i'm just a "troll". Your own bf broke up with you because you were a douche, and you're generally the one member that everyone hates or dislikes because of that toxicity ( you're either called a stalker, a doxer, or even went as far to message peoples colleagues in real life?) I mean I can name like 30 people if you want

Ragnar, Tulle, Maikuru, brian, newbs that you ran off or tried to run off etc and so forth. I could dig up so many more, but everyone sees past your bull sht and you are just accepted because no one knows you are ever going to leave

It's them tolerating you, please don't think it's friendship. Tolerating someone you have to tolerate is sometimes a better alternative than arguing with them when your are forced to inhabit the same space.

I refer you to your own post when you said you were leaving ( the third or fourth one i forget), and watch how people responded when you said you were leaving.

Your relevance is minimal , and the only part of that relevance that is substantial is quantified by your toxicity.

-----------------

The irony of this to me is the vote threads that you keep posting

You use to be my own personal vote squad. If i wanted a vote bomb I would message you and we would trade votes. Don't play innocent and preach about people on a pedestal when you use to undermine the very system that you are trying to advocate for

-------------------------------------

This is a really dense debate, but it's pretty short... however complicated.

Philochristos didn't understand it. I would really appreciate it if you cast a ballot.

http://www.debate.org......
Thursday, January 30, 2014 @ 11:07:09 PM
Posted by:
Profile CardYYW

thank you, man. Thank you so much!

----------------------------

easy vote

http://www.debate.org......
Friday, February 21, 2014 @ 6:55:26 PM
Posted by:
Profile CardYYW

I like easy reads. That took less than 60 seconds.
Friday, February 21, 2014 @ 7:44:32 PM
Posted by:
Profile CardMikal

i told you lol

---------------------------------
Mikal
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
4/21/2016 6:55:59 AM

And before you write a 1 page summary that is taken out of context, and that no one wants to read (or for that matter will not read) please don't bother. I'm going to sleep and won't be back on until tomorrow at which point I won't remember or care to respond to the incoming retarded post
lannan13
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
4/21/2016 7:43:39 AM
At 4/21/2016 3:19:36 AM, Mikal wrote:
Also this was set to IP tracking so you could not rack in multiple votes

Poll results found here

http://www.strawpoll.me...

Well you could. I could just use my VPN and vote 13 different times.
-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-Lannan13'S SIGNATURE-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-

If the sky's the limit then why do we have footprints on the Moon? I'm shooting my aspirations for the stars.

"If you are going through hell, keep going." "Sir Winston Churchill

"No one can make you feel inferior without your consent." "Eleanor Roosevelt

Topics I want to debate. (http://tinyurl.com...)
-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~
YYW
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
4/21/2016 12:33:40 PM
At 4/21/2016 6:55:59 AM, Mikal wrote:

And before you write a 1 page summary that is taken out of context, and that no one wants to read (or for that matter will not read) please don't bother. I'm going to sleep and won't be back on until tomorrow at which point I won't remember or care to respond to the incoming retarded post

lol