SkyLeach
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
4/22/2016 2:21:56 PM
Posted: 7 months ago
Looking through debates, I generally find the following:

Amateurs that can't debate
Decently skilled/intelligent debaters engaged in boring or useless debates on minor issues.
'club' debates: participation limited to people who have already gained the respect of a group.

While I attempt to draw enough attention/respect to enjoy decent debates, I'm left to build rep by participating in boring and/or useless debates against amateurs.

This is testing my patience. If you want to see what I mean, look at my debate history. Most of my opponents give up after the first or second round because they are so far out of their league.

This isn't me thinking I'm awesome, I'm just way older with more experience and a lot more time to read and study the issues. Most of my opponents are barely into their 20s. This also isn't ageism or discrimination, it's merely probability. Very few people in high school, college, or newly graduated from either, are going to have a sufficient depth of knowledge and experience to carry a good debate.

*sigh*

Someone with some skills offer me a challenge that I can really enjoy. Please?
Math is just another language, however one without analogy.

- http://arxiv.org...
Vaarka
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
4/22/2016 2:36:30 PM
At 4/22/2016 2:21:56 PM, SkyLeach wrote:

Decently skilled/intelligent debaters engaged in boring or useless debates on minor issues.
'club' debates: participation limited to people who have already gained the respect of a group.

While I attempt to draw enough attention/respect to enjoy decent debates, I'm left to build rep by participating in boring and/or useless debates against amateurs.

This is testing my patience. If you want to see what I mean, look at my debate history. Most of my opponents give up after the first or second round because they are so far out of their league.

This isn't me thinking I'm awesome, I'm just way older with more experience and a lot more time to read and study the issues. Most of my opponents are barely into their 20s. This also isn't ageism or discrimination, it's merely probability. Very few people in high school, college, or newly graduated from either, are going to have a sufficient depth of knowledge and experience to carry a good debate.

*sigh*

Depends, what do you want to debate?
You're probably thinking right now "haha I'm a genius". Well you're not -Valkrin

inferno: "I don't know, are you attracted to women?"
ButterCatX: "No, Vaarka is mine!"

All hail scum Vaarka, wielder of the bastard sword, smiter of nations, destroyer of spiders -VOT

"Vaarka, I've been thinking about this for a long time now," (pulls out small box made of macaroni) "W-will you be my noodle buddy?" -Kirigaya
Dragon_of_Christ
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
4/22/2016 2:45:12 PM

*sigh*

I am willing to debate the request.

Don't care much of what.

I have won many an argument and great debate in my day.
Jesus loves you.

////////////

-Funny Links-
http://tinyurl.com...

Stupid atheist remarks #: 6
SkyLeach
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
4/22/2016 3:02:06 PM
At 4/22/2016 2:36:30 PM, Vaarka wrote:

*sigh*

I tend to be interested in issues pertaining science (applicability and derived conclusions). I'm good with philosophy, provided it's grounded in reality following formal logical conclusions (i.e. I'm really not into sophistry). I don't mind politics, but I stay away from red-herring issues. I don't really care what current bauble is being dangled before the public as an issue to distract them and win votes. Those sideshows are pointless and have very little bearing on functions of government. I only touch religion as it pertains to sociology. I'm a pragmatist in this area more than most. No matter what I believe is the best for my own views, social structures operate on a basis of least-common-denominator. That means patterns of behavior and social memes. This is a developing sub-discipline of sociology built from explorations into MI and neural networks (combination of stochastic programming, heuristics, and lessons learned from neurology).

*shrug* I consider that a broad area of interest.
Math is just another language, however one without analogy.

- http://arxiv.org...
Geogeer
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
4/22/2016 3:25:09 PM

*sigh*

Old Farts Debating? I'll gladly debate, but I'm just in the Spring Tourney right now. So once I'm done with the tourney I could debate with you.
Dragon_of_Christ
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
4/22/2016 3:29:19 PM
At 4/22/2016 3:02:06 PM, SkyLeach wrote:

*sigh*

I tend to be interested in issues pertaining science (applicability and derived conclusions). I'm good with philosophy, provided it's grounded in reality following formal logical conclusions (i.e. I'm really not into sophistry). I don't mind politics, but I stay away from red-herring issues. I don't really care what current bauble is being dangled before the public as an issue to distract them and win votes. Those sideshows are pointless and have very little bearing on functions of government. I only touch religion as it pertains to sociology. I'm a pragmatist in this area more than most. No matter what I believe is the best for my own views, social structures operate on a basis of least-common-denominator. That means patterns of behavior and social memes. This is a developing sub-discipline of sociology built from explorations into MI and neural networks (combination of stochastic programming, heuristics, and lessons learned from neurology).

I would debate you on if cells could have formed in the primordial soup and con.
Jesus loves you.

////////////

-Funny Links-

Stupid atheist remarks #: 6
Vaarka
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
4/22/2016 3:51:29 PM
At 4/22/2016 3:02:06 PM, SkyLeach wrote:

*sigh*

Not much of a political person. Most subjects I show interest in possibly debating are subjects usually no one else likes/cares about. History and the arts are interesting subjects, and I enjoy discussions on past events that are still controversial today, like our wars on "communism" and "terrorism", as well as some things about SJWs and what they say that bothers me.

Eh, I've only had one debate before, so you can read that for reference (keep in mind it was a "for fun" debate that we didn't really finish) as to where I am in skill. PM me if you're interested.
You're probably thinking right now "haha I'm a genius". Well you're not -Valkrin

All hail scum Vaarka, wielder of the bastard sword, smiter of nations, destroyer of spiders -VOT

"Vaarka, I've been thinking about this for a long time now," (pulls out small box made of macaroni) "W-will you be my noodle buddy?" -Kirigaya
Vaarka
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
4/22/2016 4:02:50 PM
At 4/22/2016 3:45:08 PM, Briannj17 wrote:
How come no one is talking about the death of "Prince"?

A. No one looks in the art forum, so I didn't bother to put it there (might make one today).
B. Someone did make a thread in this forum.

Briannj17
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
4/22/2016 4:06:54 PM
At 4/22/2016 4:02:50 PM, Vaarka wrote:

A. No one looks in the art forum, so I didn't bother to put it there (might make one today).

Thanks. I looked but must have only skimmed.
http://www.debate.org...
King of Poetry in this poem lacking era
Vaarka
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
4/22/2016 4:08:18 PM
At 4/22/2016 4:06:54 PM, Briannj17 wrote:
At 4/22/2016 4:02:50 PM, Vaarka wrote:

Thanks. I looked but must have only skimmed.

http://www.debate.org... I made one