Jump to topic:

I'm sorry Debate.org

BlazingRodent
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
4/26/2016 2:46:17 AM
Posted: 7 months ago
A while back (I think about a month ago) prior to my emotional nature I told everybody I would leave the site forever and never come back. This of course was a lie, as I would come back to form my most recent account known as Electrolance.

A good sum of you were pretty annoyed that I resorted to such irreverent and disruptive behavior, one that resembles that of a troll in such a way that makes people feel resentful towards me as a character. I perfectly understand that. I have been aggressive and annoying many times in the site before, and though some of you might be inclined to defend said actions, some of which that have occurred took place in PM's, which of course limits your ability to understandthat I can truly be very toxic.

I am not naming names, but there was one person I attacked about 2 weeks ago, and it was inexcusable. I was so pissed off from all of the emotional pain that I faced that I felt the need to harass and troll a member for fun and to make myself feel better. I truly sunk down to low levels at that point. I am no better than the people I have criticized for being toxic members, if not worse.

There was another member I attacked, and I won't name this person either, but I did bother them as well. Now, this action was more akin to trolling than harassment, but it still was an attempt to troll a member, which IS indeed toxic to this community.

So even though this is an apology to community, the main focus of the thread is on the people I attacked, which on my part, was entirely my fault and completely unnecessary.

Also, I am not calling myself the "worst member on the site" (because believe me I used to do that every time I went through these types of situations.) I am just saying that what I did was wrong, and I shouldn'thave done so.

There are many others I bothered just for the sake of trolling, and I can't individually apologize to everyone, so I will just say to any people I have annoyed, I am sorry.

I figure that maybe I should take a break from all of this forum drama. I need to go back to debating more often. It's what I originally came here for, I want to give it another shot.

Case in point: I am sorry that I was annoying as Electrolance, and any other member that somebody found me annoying as.

As for a separate issue, I told a bunch of members I was going to commit suicide, and to be honest with you all, I did try to legitimately kill myself a few days ago, but luckily I was able to stop myself once it got to hurt too much.

That wasn't very good of me either. Considering that I am going through many obstacles, killing myself is just counterproductive and I am sorry if that scared or annoyed anybody.

Once again, I think I should take a break from the forums. I have real life problems to deal with, but as for DDO, it would be wise for me to come here for what the purpose of the entire site is, and what I have wanted to do when I came here, debate.

Note: I want get hurt if anyone is still mad at me or criticizes me in this thread.
lannan13
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
4/26/2016 2:48:19 AM
I'm glad that you're alive.
-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-Lannan13'S SIGNATURE-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-

If the sky's the limit then why do we have footprints on the Moon? I'm shooting my aspirations for the stars.

"If you are going through hell, keep going." "Sir Winston Churchill

"No one can make you feel inferior without your consent." "Eleanor Roosevelt

Topics I want to debate. (http://tinyurl.com...)
-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~
bsh1
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
4/26/2016 3:00:34 AM
*hugs* You are a good person, a worthwhile member, and someone who it was nice to talk to on the site.
Live Long and Prosper

I'm a Bish.

"Twilight isn't just about obtuse metaphors between cannibalism and premarital sex, it also teaches us the futility of hope." - Raisor

"[Bsh1] is the Guinan of DDO." - ButterCatX

Follow the DDOlympics
: http://www.debate.org...

Open Debate Topics Project: http://www.debate.org...
ColeTrain
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
4/26/2016 3:01:01 AM
At 4/26/2016 2:46:17 AM, BlazingRodent wrote:

Glad to see you back, in this form, being open and honest.

I'm glad you're alive, also. Suicide isn't something to be taken lightly.

Also, there are people who do care about you here (I, for one, enjoyed debating you and talking with you). Don't be discouraged. :)
"The right to 360 noscope noobs shall not be infringed!!!" -- tajshar2k
"So, to start off, I've never committed suicide." -- Vaarka
"I eat glue." -- brontoraptor
"I mean, at this rate, I'd argue for a ham sandwich presidency." -- ResponsiblyIrresponsible
"Overthrow Assad, heil jihad." -- 16kadams when trolling in hangout
"Hillary Clinton is not my favorite person ... and her campaign is as inspiring as a bowl of cottage cheese." -- YYW
lannan13
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
4/26/2016 3:03:36 AM
At 4/26/2016 2:51:19 AM, BlazingRodent wrote:
At 4/26/2016 2:48:19 AM, lannan13 wrote:
I'm glad that you're alive.

Thanks

Welcome.

If the sky's the limit then why do we have footprints on the Moon? I'm shooting my aspirations for the stars.

lannan13
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
4/26/2016 3:54:22 AM
At 4/26/2016 3:00:34 AM, bsh1 wrote:
*hugs* You are a good person, a worthwhile member, and someone who it was nice to talk to on the site.

+1

SkyLeach
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
4/26/2016 4:29:24 AM
I just went the route of excising all emotion. The Kolinahr http://memory-alpha.wikia.com... worked wonders for me. Emotions suck. Of course, not being vulcan it just made me INTP.

-D
Math is just another language, however one without analogy.

- http://arxiv.org...
SamStevens
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
4/26/2016 5:16:25 AM
A while back (I think about a month ago) prior to my emotional nature I told everybody I would leave the site forever and never come back. This of course was a lie, as I would come back to form my most recent account known as Electrolance.

A good sum of you were pretty annoyed that I resorted to such irreverent and disruptive behavior, one that resembles that of a troll in such a way that makes people feel resentful towards me as a character. I perfectly understand that. I have been aggressive and annoying many times in the site before, and though some of you might be inclined to defend said actions, some of which that have occurred took place in PM's, which of course limits your ability to understandthat I can truly be very toxic.

I am not naming names, but there was one person I attacked about 2 weeks ago, and it was inexcusable. I was so pissed off from all of the emotional pain that I faced that I felt the need to harass and troll a member for fun and to make myself feel better. I truly sunk down to low levels at that point. I am no better than the people I have criticized for being toxic members, if not worse.

There was another member I attacked, and I won't name this person either, but I did bother them as well. Now, this action was more akin to trolling than harassment, but it still was an attempt to troll a member, which IS indeed toxic to this community.

So even though this is an apology to community, the main focus of the thread is on the people I attacked, which on my part, was entirely my fault and completely unnecessary.

Also, I am not calling myself the "worst member on the site" (because believe me I used to do that every time I went through these types of situations.) I am just saying that what I did was wrong, and I shouldn'thave done so.

There are many others I bothered just for the sake of trolling, and I can't individually apologize to everyone, so I will just say to any people I have annoyed, I am sorry.

I figure that maybe I should take a break from all of this forum drama. I need to go back to debating more often. It's what I originally came here for, I want to give it another shot.

Case in point: I am sorry that I was annoying as Electrolance, and any other member that somebody found me annoying as.

As for a separate issue, I told a bunch of members I was going to commit suicide, and to be honest with you all, I did try to legitimately kill myself a few days ago, but luckily I was able to stop myself once it got to hurt too much.

Several months ago, a kid at my school killed himself by slicing his wrists. His family didn't deserve to be reminded of mortality in such a way and neither does your family.

That wasn't very good of me either. Considering that I am going through many obstacles, killing myself is just counterproductive and I am sorry if that scared or annoyed anybody.

Once again, I think I should take a break from the forums. I have real life problems to deal with, but as for DDO, it would be wise for me to come here for what the purpose of the entire site is, and what I have wanted to do when I came here, debate.

Note: I want get hurt if anyone is still mad at me or criticizes me in this thread.

+1
"This is the true horror of religion. It allows perfectly decent and sane people to believe by the billions, what only lunatics could believe on their own." Sam Harris
Life asked Death "Why do people love me but hate you?"
Death responded: "Because you are a beautiful lie, and I am the painful truth."
famousdebater
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
4/26/2016 2:06:39 PM

I'm glad that you managed to stop yourself.

No worries. It's the communities job to help you get through these times. If you are ever feeling suicidal or just upset feel free to PM me again, I'm always open to talk.

Given what you've been through recently I feel like a break is a good idea, just to get yourself into the right mindset - and yeah, debating can help you to do that too.

Nobody should criticize you in this thread and if they do then they are incredibly stupid and will most likely get on the bad side of a lot of members for doing so.
"Life calls the tune, we dance."
John Galsworthy
EndarkenedRationalist
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
4/26/2016 2:08:29 PM
Hey, you had the courage to come back and apologize. That's more than many other people can do. You're okay in my book, Blazro. Good to see you back.
Vaarka
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
4/26/2016 2:10:18 PM
*hugs* glad to see you again, and glad you're still around. PM me if you ever need to talk.
You're probably thinking right now "haha I'm a genius". Well you're not -Valkrin

inferno: "I don't know, are you attracted to women?"
ButterCatX: "No, Vaarka is mine!"

All hail scum Vaarka, wielder of the bastard sword, smiter of nations, destroyer of spiders -VOT

"Vaarka, I've been thinking about this for a long time now," (pulls out small box made of macaroni) "W-will you be my noodle buddy?" -Kirigaya
TBR
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
4/26/2016 2:49:49 PM

As it has been said in this thread, facing issues takes some courage. Returning to your previous account, and fessing-up is a great start - a mature action to be sure.

People forgive much more easily than you may think, and they will when you are most honest about anything you have said or done.
BlazingRodent
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
4/26/2016 6:56:58 PM
At 4/26/2016 2:06:39 PM, famousdebater wrote:

I'm glad that you managed to stop yourself.

No worries. It's the communities job to help you get through these times. If you are ever feeling suicidal or just upset feel free to PM me again, I'm always open to talk.

Given what you've been through recently I feel like a break is a good idea, just to get yourself into the right mindset - and yeah, debating can help you to do that too.

Nobody should criticize you in this thread and if they do then they are incredibly stupid and will most likely get on the bad side of a lot of members for doing so.

The members that I harassed can.
famousdebater
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
4/26/2016 6:58:03 PM
At 4/26/2016 6:56:58 PM, BlazingRodent wrote:
The members that I harassed can.

The shouldn't do it in this thread. They can discuss it with you privately but this isn't the place for them to do so.
"Life calls the tune, we dance."
John Galsworthy
Vox_Veritas
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
4/27/2016 12:12:37 AM

Old ladies are hot
Call me Vox, the Resident Contrarian of debate.org.

The DDO Blog:
https://debatedotorg.wordpress.com...

#drinkthecoffeenotthekoolaid
Vox_Veritas
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
4/27/2016 12:23:58 AM
In all seriousness, though, I'm interested to know that could be so bad as to drive you to attempt suicide.
Call me Vox, the Resident Contrarian of debate.org.

The DDO Blog:
https://debatedotorg.wordpress.com...

#drinkthecoffeenotthekoolaid
BlazingRodent
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
4/27/2016 9:09:43 PM
At 4/27/2016 4:21:14 AM, armoredcat wrote:
You've gone through a lot. I applaud you for being so honest and humble.

Who are you?
armoredcat
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
4/27/2016 9:38:24 PM
At 4/27/2016 9:09:43 PM, BlazingRodent wrote:
At 4/27/2016 4:21:14 AM, armoredcat wrote:
You've gone through a lot. I applaud you for being so honest and humble.

Who are you?

A new user. I just felt as if you've done the right thing by posting this and apologizing.
Monday Hating
-Armoredcat