Jump to topic:

Judges Needed: Unbiased Votes

Freeman
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
11/30/2010 10:18:35 PM
Posted: 6 years ago
I call unfair voting in one of my debates. http://www.debate.org...

This was a one sided debate that was 22 to 0 for months and months on end after nearly every type of voter from atheists to protestants and Catholics voted on it. If you don't believe me, please read it. This was not close. Now, in the past two weeks, and after one previous vote bomb, people are lining up to vote against it. Votes with RFDs would be appreciated.
Chancellor of Propaganda and Foreign Relations in the Franklin administration.

"I intend to live forever. So far, so good." -- Steven Wright
sherlockmethod
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
12/1/2010 4:13:59 PM
I wouldn't agree that it was not close, but you won. Why do you care about the numbers so much? I will vote for you if you wish. The RFD's are the fun part. I was wondering why this one was getting so much attention so late in the game. I have been vote bombed and I found that caring about the totals was a waste of my time. I stopped worrying a few months after joining.

The Lwerd gave a nice RFD, but I don't understand why the points prompted you to make a post on the forums though. Ask solid debaters individually to look or you will get vote bombed over and over. I get votebombed; we all do. I am losing a debate in which my opponent said little and voted for herself, but I don't worry on it. You are a good debater. Don't worry on the numbers so much.
Library cards: Stopping stupid one book at a time.
Freeman
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
12/1/2010 9:31:08 PM
At 12/1/2010 4:13:59 PM, sherlockmethod wrote:
I wouldn't agree that it was not close, but you won.

I should have said that it wasn't close in terms of the original votes. After 10 votes it was 22 to 0.

Why do you care about the numbers so much?

I actually don't. I've even voted against myself to lose a debate in order to correct what I saw as unfair voting. However, I still think it's good that people try to regulate fairness and impartiality in the various debates. No one should lose just because lots of people disagree with them. Debates should be decided individually on their own merits.

For example, take a look at this debate: http://www.debate.org...

Originally, this debate was not close, in terms of the arguments and the votes. Now, it's being pushed to one side by people who probably didn't even read it. (I'm looking at you m93samman, debatek3 and jat93) It's not fair.

The Lwerd gave a nice RFD, but I don't understand why the points prompted you to make a post on the forums though. Ask solid debaters individually to look or you will get vote bombed over and over. I get votebombed; we all do. I am losing a debate in which my opponent said little and voted for herself, but I don't worry on it. You are a good debater. Don't worry on the numbers so much.

Thank you. :)
Chancellor of Propaganda and Foreign Relations in the Franklin administration.

"I intend to live forever. So far, so good." -- Steven Wright
sherlockmethod
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
12/1/2010 9:58:52 PM
wj, which presented me with my favorite debate (the arbitrary votes went hugely in my favor for a long time and then when largely in his favor after that and neither of us cared; we were being votebombed simultaneously) has presented our debate as one of his nominations for the top three debates in the DDO awards. I am proud of his vote and debating you on a subject where I chose a special defense that helped stimulate conversation and review of an important subject was good stuff, bro. I just don't want you to be unhappy with it. I do not prompt peeps to vote with me or against me in a debate and I have not mentioned that one outside of my conversations with my brother. I think your mention of it earlier prompted some votebombing, and I am sorry that happened. I enjoyed the debate! I look forward to debating you in the future.
Library cards: Stopping stupid one book at a time.