Jump to topic:

May I have your attention please.

FREEDO
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
12/1/2010 12:42:58 AM
Posted: 6 years ago
The DDO Election was scheduled for tonight but I think it best to post-pone it for a few reasons.

1. It didn't seem like people realized this was the date that had been settled on.

2. OreEle has not delivered his interviews as scheduled. It should be after he has done this and after enough time has passed for people to view them.

3. A poll was just set up which doesn't end until Friday.

Please discuss when the elections should take place.
Dec 10th anyone?

Also, I'd like to know what you think about whether the votes should be hosted on an external website or in a thread.
Personally, I think a thread would be best to safe-guard against fraud.
GRAND POOBAH OF DDO

fnord
InsertNameHere
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
12/1/2010 1:03:36 AM
Yes, dec. 10th.

And yes, a thread here would work for the actual voting. The only problem would be trying to keep the votes anoymous.
lovelife
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
12/1/2010 1:18:02 AM
Is there anyone who is not running at all? If there is someone with no vested interest I would say we should send them a PM with the subject "DDO Election Vote"
And the message for the party or person they vote for.
Without Royal there is a hole inside of me, I have no choice but to leave
innomen
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
12/1/2010 2:10:56 AM
At 12/1/2010 1:18:02 AM, lovelife wrote:
Is there anyone who is not running at all? If there is someone with no vested interest I would say we should send them a PM with the subject "DDO Election Vote"

I have no idea what that post means.
innomen
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
12/1/2010 2:13:20 AM
1. I also propose a three day voting period.
2. a non anonymous voting thread,
3. roll call sort of voting
4. voters must have one month of membership with the site
m93samman
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
12/1/2010 2:15:54 AM
At 12/1/2010 2:13:20 AM, innomen wrote:
4. voters must have 30 days or a money-back guarantee of membership with the site

Fix'd. Equivalent of one month.
: At 4/15/2011 5:29:37 PM, CosmicAlfonzo wrote:
: Pascal's wager is for poosies.
:
: I mean that sincerly, because it's basically an argument from poooosie.
:
: I'm pretty sure that's like a fallacy.. Argument ad Pussium or something like that.
lovelife
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
12/1/2010 2:26:10 AM
At 12/1/2010 2:10:56 AM, innomen wrote:

If someone who is not involved with the elections but is an active member exists, we should talk about letting us PM our votes to them, and after the amount of time they tally it up and post who wins, and how many people voted for who.
innomen
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
12/1/2010 2:30:32 AM
At 12/1/2010 2:26:10 AM, lovelife wrote:

If someone who is not involved with the elections but is an active member exists, we should talk about letting us PM our votes to them, and after the amount of time they tally it up and post who wins, and how many people voted for who.

No. I don't like that at all. I thought your party was about being transparent? You want secret voting with virtually unknown people to provide us with the tally? What do you have Hugo Chavez as your candidate?
lovelife
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
12/1/2010 2:42:54 AM
At 12/1/2010 2:30:32 AM, innomen wrote:
At 12/1/2010 2:26:10 AM, lovelife wrote:

No. I don't like that at all. I thought your party was about being transparent? You want secret voting with virtually unknown people to provide us with the tally? What do you have Hugo Chavez as your candidate?

I just thought the whole point was to mock real life elections which are anonymous. I don't give a sh!t everyone knows I'm voting
party party/FREEDO+Koopin anyway.
Cerebral_Narcissist
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
12/1/2010 3:22:10 AM
Is this still ongoing? Sheesh.
I am voting for Innomen because of his intelligence, common sense, humility and the fact that Juggle appears to listen to him. Any other Presidential style would have a large sub-section of the site up in arms. If I was President I would destroy the site though elitism, others would let it run riot. Innomen represents a middle way that works, neither draconian nor anarchic and that is the only way things can work. Plus he does it all without ego trips.
darkkermit
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
12/1/2010 8:47:39 AM
anonymous is important. There could be severe consequences if your vote is known. The people running can make threats and blackmail in order to get vote. Whoever gets power can use their power to destroy anyone who voted against them, thus allowing for a continuous dictarorship on DDO, even though the person gains absolutely no power from this.
Open borders debate:
http://www.debate.org...
FREEDO
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
12/1/2010 12:56:43 PM
At 12/1/2010 8:47:39 AM, darkkermit wrote:
anonymous is important. There could be severe consequences if your vote is known. The people running can make threats and blackmail in order to get vote. Whoever gets power can use their power to destroy anyone who voted against them, thus allowing for a continuous dictarorship on DDO, even though the person gains absolutely no power from this.

Hahaha...probably not. Verifiability is of higher importance. If we can find a site where we are sure of verifiability and they can also be anonymous that would be great.
GRAND POOBAH OF DDO

fnord
FREEDO
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
12/1/2010 12:57:59 PM
At 12/1/2010 2:13:20 AM, innomen wrote:
Oh yes, forgot to mention that.
4. voters must have one month of membership with the site
Not sure if that's good enough.
GRAND POOBAH OF DDO

fnord
innomen
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
12/1/2010 1:48:36 PM
Roll calls are quite normal in a forum situation. Look at it more like the house of reps choosing their leader, or representative town meeting taking a vote. This isn't unusual at all.