Freedo's Presidential Interview

Ore_Ele
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
12/1/2010 7:39:00 PM
Posted: 6 years ago
OreEle
This is an "official" invitation to a presidential interview. It will consist of several questions plus follow up questions to expand on answers. The interview can take whatever pace you are comfortable with. The only real guide is that it will end by Monday, November 29th at the latest.

Would you like to participate?

FREEDO
Why yes, sir, I would.

OreEle
In the Party party forum. No real clear platform was established. Is there a base platform for none members to read over to see if the Party party is for them? http://www.debate.org......

FREEDO
The Party Party has no central creed. This is precisely one of the things that makes us who we are. However, we do have a collection of values which have arisen out of our midst that has defined us. The three most important of these values are: fun, diversity and consensus. The party is defined, not by a code, but by it's members. As such, it can be ever-changing but will surely always hold to those three values if it is to also hold true to itself and continue to properly function. We are Republicans and Democrats; we are moderates and radicals; we are Christians and Atheists; we have fun in everything we do and we are so united that not a thing shall be posted in this interview without first being reviewed and negotiated upon by my beloved counterparts.

OreEle
And who are those "beloved counterparts"? Is it a group of individuals within the Party party? Or is it the entire membership of the Party party?

FREEDO
Those who are reviewing and negotiating the answers I give on this interview are any one of the party members who choose to do so. But when we are elected the decision making process will include as many members of the site as we can muster. There will be a high amount of communication, among as many site members as would like to participate, for coming up with solutions and innovations for our community.

OreEle
Are their any "party" ideas in the works? The mafia games are really going strong, and a nice counter balance would really be nice.

FREEDO
The Party Party promises to organize, to inspire brain-storming and to get every willing participant involved in creating new and elaborate ways to have fun that resemble the Mafia games or this very election game. Those in the Party have already started brain-storming. A few examples, nothing definite, include external-site matches between users in games such as chess or checkers, establish a Mafia leader-board, more advanced Mafia, create a poll blog for everything regarding the site, possibly taking another shot at inter-site debating. The possibilities are endless.

OreEle
The ToS use pretty vague wording. If the ToS is held to the strictist definition of the words used, most members would likely have been banned. So how meaningful is saying "I support the ToS"? And how do you view the ToS and the limits it sets on its members? How far is too far? And how can that be comunicated to all the members, so that people know the boundries before they cross them?

OreEle
I thank you very much for your time in this interview, but it seems like we are out of time. Is there anything you wish to add before this interview is finished?

FREEDO
Answer to ToS question: We of the Party Party do not hold the ToS to be anything other than a suggestion. We support reasonable solution making through negotiation and tend to be lenient of members' conduct.

FREEDO
I thank you and the Party Party thanks you for your work on interviewing the candidates.
"Wanting Red Rhino Pill to have gender"
ALVARADO
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
12/2/2010 9:28:15 AM
"But when we are elected the decision making process will include as many members of the site as we can muster"

I don't like that at all. What decision making? Are you going to be some sort of exclusive little club within this site that makes decisions and drives the direction of it for everyone else? How many are in this "party"? I don't like the sounds of this at all. What are you attempting to do with this growing group of decision makers? You will lead the decision making?

I don't come on often, but when i do i never noticed this sort of thing went on.
Mirza
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
12/2/2010 10:11:07 AM
At 12/2/2010 9:28:15 AM, ALVARADO wrote:
"But when we are elected the decision making process will include as many members of the site as we can muster"

I don't like that at all. What decision making? Are you going to be some sort of exclusive little club within this site that makes decisions and drives the direction of it for everyone else? How many are in this "party"? I don't like the sounds of this at all. What are you attempting to do with this growing group of decision makers? You will lead the decision making?

I don't come on often, but when i do i never noticed this sort of thing went on.
It is clear that there's not much authenticity within the parties or the election itself.
ChristianM
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
12/2/2010 12:45:02 PM
Furthermore, he has no establishment to follow the ToS as he even stated in this interview. If I were a voter, I would rather be following the ToS. XD
ALVARADO
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
12/2/2010 1:19:58 PM
At 12/2/2010 12:45:02 PM, usafkid1121 wrote:
Furthermore, he has no establishment to follow the ToS as he even stated in this interview. If I were a voter, I would rather be following the ToS. XD

Didn't he get banned for doing something against the ToS? I mean their party leader?
ChristianM
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
12/2/2010 2:21:50 PM
At 12/2/2010 1:19:58 PM, ALVARADO wrote:
At 12/2/2010 12:45:02 PM, usafkid1121 wrote:

Didn't he get banned for doing something against the ToS? I mean their party leader?

He did as a matter of fact.
ChristianM
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
12/2/2010 2:22:19 PM
At 12/2/2010 2:21:12 PM, FREEDO wrote:
There aren't other interviews?

And this proves my point. No defending. He's finally given in.
tvellalott
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
12/2/2010 2:54:46 PM
At 12/2/2010 9:28:15 AM, ALVARADO wrote:

The sort of thing you're talking about doesn't happen and won't happen. No one is going to get any actual authority over the site; the only thing we really win is bragging rights. However, we are (I've already began building a mafia database for example) and will continue to put effort into improving peoples enjoyment of this site in anyway we can.

This "growing" group of decision makers that you're alluding to, don't exist. The only decisions we get to make is deciding how we are going to spend our own free-time on DDO related things.

The Party Party is about brain storming ideas. I'm pretty certain that even if we lose this election, we will continue to exist. What started out as me taking the piss out of this whole election by creating the Party Party has, thanks to Freedo's interest and appeal, has actually turned into an organised, interested group of people.
"Caitlyn Jenner is an incredibly brave and stunningly beautiful woman."

Muh threads
Using mafia tactics in real-life: http://www.debate.org...
6 years of DDO: http://www.debate.org...
FREEDO
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
12/2/2010 3:12:09 PM
I've never understood the whole "you get no real authority" issue that people have with the election. Of all the things that happen on this site how many are caused by authority? The elections serve to incentivize certain behavior through various voluntary mechanisms that can result in a more satisfactory experience on the site.

And I agree with tv, even if we are not elected we will still fight on in our missions. I tell you the truth, even we we lose we shall still do a better job than any of the others!
GRAND POOBAH OF DDO

fnord
Ore_Ele
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
12/2/2010 8:38:29 PM
At 12/2/2010 2:21:12 PM, FREEDO wrote:
There aren't other interviews?

Yes, there were three and each one received it's own thread.
"Wanting Red Rhino Pill to have gender"