Jump to topic:

What to do?...

TurleDoveSammie
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
4/29/2016 2:49:37 AM
Posted: 7 months ago
What would you do if you knew someone and because they didn't trust or like people they say if they find out they are being talked about they are gonna shoot up the place? And they say they promise they'd do that.

1. Just not say anything
Or
2. Say something even though they know where you live and chance endangering your family

I'm honestly scared. It's not a threat towards me per say but if I say something it would turn out to be towards my family and I in the end.
Geogeer
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
4/29/2016 2:55:04 AM
At 4/29/2016 2:49:37 AM, TurleDoveSammie wrote:
What would you do if you knew someone and because they didn't trust or like people they say if they find out they are being talked about they are gonna shoot up the place? And they say they promise they'd do that.

1. Just not say anything
Or
2. Say something even though they know where you live and chance endangering your family

I'm honestly scared. It's not a threat towards me per say but if I say something it would turn out to be towards my family and I in the end.

Doesn't sound like somebody you should be talking about...

Do you need to say something about them? Or is this just general prattle?
PetersSmith
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
4/29/2016 3:14:59 AM

1. Just not say anything
Or

You could report it to the polica.
Empress of DDO (also Poll and Forum "Maintenance" Moderator)

"The two most important days in your life is the day you were born, and the day you find out why."
~Mark Twain

"Wow"
-Doge

"Don't believe everything you read on the internet just because there's a picture with a quote next to it."
~Abraham Lincoln

Guide to the Polls Section: http://www.debate.org...
YYW
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
4/29/2016 3:17:36 AM

1. Just not say anything
Or

PM me.
Tsar of DDO
imabench
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
4/29/2016 3:39:01 AM

1. Just not say anything
Or

If theyre a Muslim, report them
If theyre a young white male, report them

Anything else you'll probably be alright
Kevin24018 : "He's just so mean it makes me want to ball up my fists and stamp on the ground"
Geogeer: "Nobody is dumb enough to become my protege."

7/14/16 = The Presidency Dies

DDO: THE MOVIE = http://www.debate.org...
http://www.debate.org...

VP of DDO from Dec 14th 2014 to Jan 1st 2015
Dragon_of_Christ
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
4/29/2016 4:05:11 AM
At 4/29/2016 3:39:01 AM, imabench wrote:

1. Just not say anything
Or

We should have a poll on the best commentor.

If we did i have no doubt you would win by a landslide.
Jesus loves you.

////////////

-Funny Links-
http://tinyurl.com...
http://tinyurl.com...

Stupid atheist remarks #: 6
Deb-8-A-Bull
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
4/29/2016 4:07:59 AM

1. Just not say anything
Or

How are they able to get a gun to shoot things up ?
Oh that's right , American.
You need to get a gun to then.
And by you writing about it on the web. Will be looked at when in court. Just keep saying your scared.
imabench
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
4/29/2016 4:33:08 AM
At 4/29/2016 4:07:59 AM, Deb-8-A-Bull wrote:

1. Just not say anything
Or

And by you writing about it on the web. Will be looked at when in court. Just keep saying your scared.

Does the 8 in your name stand for the number of functioning brain cells you have? Because that post didnt make any sense at all
Kevin24018 : "He's just so mean it makes me want to ball up my fists and stamp on the ground"
Geogeer: "Nobody is dumb enough to become my protege."

7/14/16 = The Presidency Dies

DDO: THE MOVIE = http://www.debate.org...
http://www.debate.org...

VP of DDO from Dec 14th 2014 to Jan 1st 2015
Deb-8-A-Bull
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
4/29/2016 5:16:08 AM
At 4/29/2016 4:33:08 AM, imabench wrote:
At 4/29/2016 4:07:59 AM, Deb-8-A-Bull wrote:

1. Just not say anything
Or

Does the 8 in your name stand for the number of functioning brain cells you have? Because that post didnt make any sense at all

Correct.
Hoppi
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
4/29/2016 5:24:47 AM

1. Just not say anything
Or

Hard to say without more information. It would be good if someone could reach out to him, preferably someone who knows how to handle those kinds of situations, or someone in his family or something, because it's not an okay way to behave. Of course, it's very scary when people are like that.

Personally, if I wasn't close to him and avoiding and ignoring was possible, then I'd probably do that, especially if i had small children.
TurleDoveSammie
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
4/29/2016 12:37:53 PM
I hadn't talked to this person in a year but that's because the person blocked me and many others from their life. So when I decided to enail to say hello the person was do rude and responding with anger and I told him look my life turned this way I'm not against you he believed me. And then said because he knows so many people at Walmart (which I was planning to work there again) if he heard anyone talking bad another him he's gonna go shoot up Walmart. And I'm like you realize you'd go to prison for that right and he's like I don't care. But I'm scared that if I report him he'll know I reported him and then may want to hurt me and my family. So I'm kinda like what do I do.
Vaarka
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
4/29/2016 1:12:24 PM
At 4/29/2016 12:37:53 PM, TurleDoveSammie wrote:
I hadn't talked to this person in a year but that's because the person blocked me and many others from their life. So when I decided to enail to say hello the person was do rude and responding with anger and I told him look my life turned this way I'm not against you he believed me. And then said because he knows so many people at Walmart (which I was planning to work there again) if he heard anyone talking bad another him he's gonna go shoot up Walmart. And I'm like you realize you'd go to prison for that right and he's like I don't care. But I'm scared that if I report him he'll know I reported him and then may want to hurt me and my family. So I'm kinda like what do I do.

Well let's look at it this way.

He's posing a possible threat to other people. If you report him, you're afraid that threat will turn to you.

I'd suggest a few things. You can try talking to them and find out why they're threatening to do what they're talking about. Maybe you can convince him otherwise. If not, you have some info (maybe). You could also report him, which would probably be better, and simply ask to remain anonymous unless you're needed in court or something.

If I'm correct, there's a chance you'll get in trouble if you don't report him. This is assuming he actually goes through with his threat. They may get a search warrant, and maybe see these emails, in which you'd be involved, and possibly get in trouble for not reporting it. IDK much about how it all works, but you should probably do something.
You're probably thinking right now "haha I'm a genius". Well you're not -Valkrin

inferno: "I don't know, are you attracted to women?"
ButterCatX: "No, Vaarka is mine!"

All hail scum Vaarka, wielder of the bastard sword, smiter of nations, destroyer of spiders -VOT

"Vaarka, I've been thinking about this for a long time now," (pulls out small box made of macaroni) "W-will you be my noodle buddy?" -Kirigaya
lannan13
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
4/29/2016 2:08:36 PM

1. Just not say anything
Or

I'd call the police.
-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-Lannan13'S SIGNATURE-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-

If the sky's the limit then why do we have footprints on the Moon? I'm shooting my aspirations for the stars.

"If you are going through hell, keep going." "Sir Winston Churchill

"No one can make you feel inferior without your consent." "Eleanor Roosevelt

Topics I want to debate. (http://tinyurl.com...)
-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~
TUF
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
4/29/2016 2:41:32 PM
Call the police. Weigh the morality here, he has mentioned having intent to go into a public place and kill people. You have now posted publicly that you knew before hand he was capable of doing this type of thing. Imagine if he killed people now and you didn't do anything? These people's lives are in a way in your hands. Take legal action to protect your family ask for witness protection or move you are your family somewhere safer. If you need a place to stay I will open my house to you and your family, and I'm sure many others would as well.
This person sounds dangerous but at this point it's not just you and your families lives that are in danger.
"I've got to go and grab a shirt" ~ Airmax1227
TurleDoveSammie
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
4/29/2016 5:03:42 PM
Okay, so I called the police told them everything. they wanted to take my name but I said I wanted to be anonymous. She said Id have to call the public place, if I do that they are liable to know who I am because I used to work there and what if it gets spread around the store, I'm liable and my family to get hurt. I still don't know what to do?
TurleDoveSammie
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
4/29/2016 5:16:30 PM

1. Just not say anything
Or

if your referring to a white male being crazy, who'd you have in mind that is crazy?

TurleDoveSammie
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
4/29/2016 5:21:31 PM
At 4/29/2016 2:41:32 PM, TUF wrote:
Call the police. Weigh the morality here, he has mentioned having intent to go into a public place and kill people. You have now posted publicly that you knew before hand he was capable of doing this type of thing. Imagine if he killed people now and you didn't do anything? These people's lives are in a way in your hands. Take legal action to protect your family ask for witness protection or move you are your family somewhere safer. If you need a place to stay I will open my house to you and your family, and I'm sure many others would as well.
This person sounds dangerous but at this point it's not just you and your families lives that are in danger.

yeah I thought about all this, I even spoke to my Dad about it. He said the same thing. So I called the police. but they want me to call Walmart and inform them so that they can make the report about it, but knowing knowing how they are, it is very possible for this to be openly talked about and it come back to me... and My husband works there for freakin sakes... I'm scared he may take it out on him or something...
Vaarka
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
4/29/2016 5:40:53 PM
At 4/29/2016 5:21:31 PM, TurleDoveSammie wrote:

yeah I thought about all this, I even spoke to my Dad about it. He said the same thing. So I called the police. but they want me to call Walmart and inform them so that they can make the report about it, but knowing knowing how they are, it is very possible for this to be openly talked about and it come back to me... and My husband works there for freakin sakes... I'm scared he may take it out on him or something...

Maybe you can ask the police to inform them of this, telling them that you're worried about your own sake if it's made public there. Or, maybe you could personally talk to the manager and ask him to keep you anonymous
You're probably thinking right now "haha I'm a genius". Well you're not -Valkrin

inferno: "I don't know, are you attracted to women?"
ButterCatX: "No, Vaarka is mine!"

All hail scum Vaarka, wielder of the bastard sword, smiter of nations, destroyer of spiders -VOT

"Vaarka, I've been thinking about this for a long time now," (pulls out small box made of macaroni) "W-will you be my noodle buddy?" -Kirigaya
TurleDoveSammie
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
4/29/2016 5:57:11 PM
At 4/29/2016 5:40:53 PM, Vaarka wrote:

Maybe you can ask the police to inform them of this, telling them that you're worried about your own sake if it's made public there. Or, maybe you could personally talk to the manager and ask him to keep you anonymous

Maybe so. but I'm not gonna go to the store and tell them I'm going to call because not everyone knows my voice yet.
Blade-of-Truth
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
4/29/2016 6:14:02 PM

omg, I wonder.... are you speaking about Truthseeker?
Debate.org Deputy Vote Moderator
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
DDO Voting Guide: http://www.debate.org...
Need a judge on your debate? Nominate me! http://www.debate.org...
Blade-of-Truth
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
4/29/2016 6:19:35 PM
Also, for future reference, this should be in the personal section.
ESocialBookworm
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
4/29/2016 6:23:57 PM
At 4/29/2016 5:57:11 PM, TurleDoveSammie wrote:

Maybe so. but I'm not gonna go to the store and tell them I'm going to call because not everyone knows my voice yet.

You could block your number and call. Does Martin know?
Solonkr~
I don't care about whether an ideology is "necessary" or not,
I care about how to solve problems,
which is what everyone else should also care about.

Ken~
In essence, the world is fucked up and you can either ignore it, become cynical or bitter about it.

Me~
"BAILEY + SOLON = SAILEY
MY SHIP SAILEY MUST SAIL"

SCREW THAT SHIZ #BANNIE = BAILEY & ANNIE

P.S. Shipped Sailey before it was cannon bitches.
ESocialBookworm
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
4/29/2016 6:25:04 PM
At 4/29/2016 6:19:35 PM, Blade-of-Truth wrote:

Well... the main forum is the best one to get responses quickly since there's more attention here.
Solonkr~

Ken~
In essence, the world is fucked up and you can either ignore it, become cynical or bitter about it.

Me~
"BAILEY + SOLON = SAILEY

Blade-of-Truth
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
4/29/2016 6:27:29 PM
At 4/29/2016 6:25:04 PM, ESocialBookworm wrote:

Well... the main forum is the best one to get responses quickly since there's more attention here.

Yeah but by that reasoning we'd have everyone just posting whatever they wanted in this section because, "it gets more responses quicker".

Also, the personal forum is one of the most active forums on the site, I doubt she'd have an issue getting quick responses, I see it happen all the time in that sub-forum.
TurleDoveSammie
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
4/29/2016 6:29:37 PM
At 4/29/2016 6:14:02 PM, Blade-of-Truth wrote:

No, its someone I know in person.
TurleDoveSammie
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
4/29/2016 6:31:14 PM
At 4/29/2016 6:23:57 PM, ESocialBookworm wrote:

He knows Ive talked to the person, but I haven't told him about the situation. I'm honestly scared to. I don't know if he'll try to do something.
TurleDoveSammie
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
4/29/2016 6:32:27 PM

meh, I don't care lol.,
ESocialBookworm
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
4/29/2016 6:32:51 PM
At 4/29/2016 6:31:14 PM, TurleDoveSammie wrote:

He knows Ive talked to the person, but I haven't told him about the situation. I'm honestly scared to. I don't know if he'll try to do something.

Does he know the person? How close are they?
Solonkr~

Ken~

Me~
"BAILEY + SOLON = SAILEY

TurleDoveSammie
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
4/29/2016 6:36:32 PM
At 4/29/2016 6:32:51 PM, ESocialBookworm wrote:
At 4/29/2016 6:31:14 PM, TurleDoveSammie wrote:

Does he know the person? How close are they?

they've known each other since middle school.
Blade-of-Truth
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
4/29/2016 6:36:45 PM
At 4/29/2016 6:29:37 PM, TurleDoveSammie wrote:
At 4/29/2016 6:14:02 PM, Blade-of-Truth wrote:

No, its someone I know in person.

Okay, good. I mean, this entire situation is still obviously *not good* but I'm glad that it's not that guy.

In regards to honest advice, I wish I saw this sooner because I see you already contacted the police but they aren't willing to help because of you wanting to remain anonymous. I'm sure Walmart has a hotline for these kind of reports, but we gotta keep in mind the probability that they've been told this tons of times throughout their history (that someone is gonna shoot up the place).

At this point, I'd just keep quiet. Unless he told others, he'd obviously know you were the one who talked, and with a new baby at home it's just not worth the risk. If he blocked a bunch of people too, I'm sure there's no way for him to know that people are talking bad about him. If there is, then just make sure you're not one of those people, and warn your husband if he still works there to just remain vigilant and to duck out of the way of harm should he hear bullets start spraying.