Jump to topic:

ABOLlTIONISTS UNITE

imabench
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
5/1/2016 4:50:49 PM
Posted: 7 months ago
(The moratorium on campaigning between me and DK has expired so now I can make threads about the presidency again)

HEAR YE, HERE YE.... COME ALL WHO ARE FAITHFUL

There comes a moment once in every lifetime (or in internet time, once every 2 months or so) where a person must put everything on the line and stand up for what they believe in, even when the stakes are so high that doing so could result in death, dismemberment, banishment, or worse, death.... Luckily, the risk of death does not hang over our heads for fighting for our cause, yet, which is to abolish the presidency of DDO once and for all!

For too long have we had to put up with jimtimmy's spamming bullsh*t every time an election happens!

For too long have we had to put up with people who stupidly claim that without the presidency the site would die!

For too long have we had to put up with waiters at Olive Garden who say that we have to stop stuffing breadsticks into our pockets before leaving the restaurant!

If you vote for me in the upcoming election, we will finally be able to fight back against 2 of those 3 things!

Okay now that I've reached my required quota of trolling I can be serious now. No bullsh*t: This upcoming election stands to be the most important on in a very long time for DDO. If things play out like I hope they will play out, DDO will be faced with two very legitimate choices of candidates who represent the two biggest factions on DDO: Those who want to keep the presidency, and those who wish to get rid of it. We've had abolitionist vs establishment elections before, but all the abolitionist candidates in the past have never been legitimate candidates who actually could deliver the dissolution of the presidency if they won the election. I have a system (DDO Conventions) that if put in place would replace the presidency and truly eliminate it, while also allowing for change to still be pushed on DDO by newer users and seasoned users alike in a very democratic system.

The importance of the election and what it will stand for is why I am requesting two things:

1) I ask that all minor and troll candidates drop out of the race

It wouldn't be a DDO election without a half dozen people making troll campaigns or legit campaigns that are just really, really sh*tty. Normally these troll campaigns are harmless, since DDO elections are usually decided by wide enough margins that all the combined troll campaigns wouldn't have any effect on the outcome of the election. This election will be very close, as me and DK have been neck-and-neck in polling ever since we both announced we were running. The close margin of the election means that troll candidates and minor campaigns could sway the outcome of the election by not picking a side (pro-presidency or abolition).

If me or DK win the election, but only do so by a plurality, it would cause all hell to break loose on DDO.... If DK appears to 'steal' the election because some other 3rd campaign siphoned off enough votes from me to change the outcome for DK's favor, then the next election after this one will just end up being another referendum on keeping or getting rid of the presidency..... If on the other hand I win the election on a plurality because two campaigns split votes from pro-presidency campaigns, then Airmax might not even implement the new convention system since it looks like I won in an undemocratic fashion, which again puts us right back at the next election being the same thing all over again.

I came up with the Convention system because I wanted to see if DDO truly wants to keep or get rid of the presidency, by giving them a legitimate alternative and running as a legitimate abolitionist candidate who could actually deliver on abolishing the presidency. If this election is clear, clean, and between just me and DK like I want it to be, we could settle the question once and for all of whether or not DDO wants to keep the presidency or not..... But the only way we can have the question be answered once and for all is if the only two options on the ballot are me and DK... Otherwise we risk having to go through this sh*t all over again in the next election in December

2) I ask that users who support abolition change their profile picture to this (TBR's)

http://www.debate.org...

There are two reasons behind this request. First and foremost, a lot of people have PM'd me asking if I was actually serious about my campaign, which in fairness to them is something I cant blame them for being suspicious over... I am a notorious troll, and the last time I ran in an election it started out as a troll campaign that people took seriously. The nature of abolitionist campaigns themselves are hard to disseminate from troll campaigns simply because every previous abolitionist campaign has been non-sensical or impractical to a large degree, making it almost indiscernable from a troll campaign.

The other reason I am asking abolitionist supporters to change their profile picture is to gauge how much support there actually is. Polls that are used on the site, no matter which kind of poll is used, are susceptible to duplicate voting because they rely on ip addresses to legitimize votes. This means that a person can vote on the same poll for the same person twice by doing so once on their computer, and once on their smartphone. If they have a second computer they use for school, than they now can vote three times on a poll for the same person and have all three votes count.

Im willing to bet that each campaign has taken advantage of duplicate voting to boost their own numbers, and that also includes supporters of each campaign. In TBR's poll, Wylted has 9 votes for 1st place, and we all know damn well that all 9 of those votes came from people within his campaign, since Wylted's cant perform moderately well in a poll without rigging it first and has no public support.

https://script.google.com...

========================================================================

TLDR: if you support the abolition of the presidency, please change your profile to this for reasons: http://www.debate.org...

If you dont want to change your profile picture, but still want to show your support for my abolitionist campaign, you can choose to instead list three negative things about either the presidency or other campaigns to satisfy your membership dues.

That is all. Hail Satan.
Kevin24018 : "He's just so mean it makes me want to ball up my fists and stamp on the ground"
Geogeer: "Nobody is dumb enough to become my protege."

7/14/16 = The Presidency Dies

DDO: THE MOVIE = http://www.debate.org...

VP of DDO from Dec 14th 2014 to Jan 1st 2015
SeventhProfessor
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
5/1/2016 5:09:42 PM
At 5/1/2016 4:50:49 PM, imabench wrote:

I think we can all agree to this. So, Skep and I OFFICIALLY, FOR THE RECORD, beg everyone but us and bench to drop out of the race.
#UnbanTheMadman

#StandWithBossy

#BetOnThett

"bossy r u like 85 years old and have lost ur mind"
~mysteriouscrystals

"I've honestly never seen seventh post anything that wasn't completely idiotic in a trying-to-be-funny way."
~F-16

https://docs.google.com...
thett3
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
5/1/2016 5:20:44 PM
I was going to vote for you until your cold rejection of my carefully constructed profile picture
DDO Vice President

#StandwithBossy

#UnbanTheMadman

#BetOnThett

"Don't quote me, ever." -Max

"My name is max. I'm not a big fan of slacks"- Max rapping

"Walmart should have the opportunity to bribe a politician to it's agenda" -Max

"Thett, you're really good at convincing people you're a decent person"-tulle

"You fit the character of Regina George quite nicely"- Sam

: At 11/12/2016 11:49:40 PM, Raisor wrote:
: thett was right
YYW
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
5/1/2016 5:30:47 PM
I support abolitionism, but I'm not going to change my profile pic to anything that says "bench" in it.
Tsar of DDO
imabench
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
5/1/2016 5:38:47 PM
At 5/1/2016 5:20:44 PM, thett3 wrote:
I was going to vote for you until your cold rejection of my carefully constructed profile picture

you love me and you know it
Kevin24018 : "He's just so mean it makes me want to ball up my fists and stamp on the ground"

imabench
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
5/1/2016 5:38:59 PM
At 5/1/2016 5:30:47 PM, YYW wrote:
I support abolitionism, but I'm not going to change my profile pic to anything that says "bench" in it.

"If you dont want to change your profile picture, but still want to show your support for my abolitionist campaign, you can choose to instead list three negative things about either the presidency or other campaigns to satisfy your membership dues."

SolonKR
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
5/1/2016 10:02:09 PM
I can't vote for a ticket that doesn't acknowledge Thett as our rightful VP and master.
SO to Bailey, the love of my life <3
ColeTrain
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
5/1/2016 10:24:07 PM
At 5/1/2016 10:02:09 PM, SolonKR wrote:
I can't vote for a ticket that doesn't acknowledge Thett as our rightful VP and master.

+1
"The right to 360 noscope noobs shall not be infringed!!!" -- tajshar2k
"So, to start off, I've never committed suicide." -- Vaarka
"I eat glue." -- brontoraptor
"I mean, at this rate, I'd argue for a ham sandwich presidency." -- ResponsiblyIrresponsible
"Overthrow Assad, heil jihad." -- 16kadams when trolling in hangout
"Hillary Clinton is not my favorite person ... and her campaign is as inspiring as a bowl of cottage cheese." -- YYW
Subutai
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
5/2/2016 1:00:41 AM

I'm pretty out of the loop when it comes to the latest DDO election campaign, but since when did you become an abolitionist?
I'm becoming less defined as days go by, fading away, and well you might say, I'm losing focus, kinda drifting into the abstract in terms of how I see myself.
1harderthanyouthink
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
5/2/2016 1:03:35 AM
At 5/2/2016 1:00:41 AM, Subutai wrote:

I'm pretty out of the loop when it comes to the latest DDO election campaign, but since when did you become an abolitionist?

Lol
"It's awfully considerate of you to think of me here,
And I'm much obliged to you for making it clear - that I'm not here."

-Syd Barrett

DDO Risk King
YYW
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
5/2/2016 1:08:12 AM

bsh1's presidency.
Tsar of DDO
Subutai
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
5/2/2016 1:15:50 AM
At 5/2/2016 1:08:12 AM, YYW wrote:

bsh1's presidency.

I don't mean this in a judgmental way, but why did it take you six months to come to that decision? This is indeed his second term.
I'm becoming less defined as days go by, fading away, and well you might say, I'm losing focus, kinda drifting into the abstract in terms of how I see myself.
YYW
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
5/2/2016 1:16:08 AM
At 5/2/2016 1:15:50 AM, Subutai wrote:
At 5/2/2016 1:08:12 AM, YYW wrote:

bsh1's presidency.

I don't mean this in a judgmental way, but why did it take you six months to come to that decision? This is indeed his second term.

His second term.
Tsar of DDO
YYW
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
5/2/2016 1:17:50 AM
But to be clear, it wasn't just bsh1. He was sort of the uniting factor... but that's it. It was the bsh1 apologists, more than anything else, who convinced me that the presidency should end, ironically, by trying to make the argument that the presidency should remain a thing.
Tsar of DDO
TBR
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
5/2/2016 2:05:14 AM
At 5/2/2016 1:17:50 AM, YYW wrote:
But to be clear, it wasn't just bsh1. He was sort of the uniting factor... but that's it. It was the bsh1 apologists, more than anything else, who convinced me that the presidency should end, ironically, by trying to make the argument that the presidency should remain a thing.

Yea... For me it was not BSH1 directly, but the entire thing just exposed itself as pointless.

I got to say, it was the BSH Super half-a-VP that really pushed me over my limit of what is rational, but I was so there anyway.
YYW
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
5/2/2016 2:07:35 AM
At 5/2/2016 2:05:14 AM, TBR wrote:

Yea... For me it was not BSH1 directly, but the entire thing just exposed itself as pointless.

I got to say, it was the BSH Super half-a-VP that really pushed me over my limit of what is rational, but I was so there anyway.

Endark? He ruins everything for everyone.
Tsar of DDO
Geogeer
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
5/2/2016 8:03:45 AM
(The moratorium on campaigning between me and DK has expired so now I can make threads about the presidency again)

There comes a moment once in every lifetime (or in internet time, once every 2 months or so) where a person must put everything on the line and stand up for what they believe in, even when the stakes are so high that doing so could result in death, dismemberment, banishment, or worse, death.... Luckily, the risk of death does not hang over our heads for fighting for our cause, yet, which is to abolish the presidency of DDO once and for all!

For too long have we had to put up with jimtimmy's spamming bullsh*t every time an election happens!

For too long have we had to put up with people who stupidly claim that without the presidency the site would die!

For too long have we had to put up with waiters at Olive Garden who say that we have to stop stuffing breadsticks into our pockets before leaving the restaurant!

If you vote for me in the upcoming election, we will finally be able to fight back against 2 of those 3 things!

Okay now that I've reached my required quota of trolling I can be serious now. No bullsh*t: This upcoming election stands to be the most important on in a very long time for DDO. If things play out like I hope they will play out, DDO will be faced with two very legitimate choices of candidates who represent the two biggest factions on DDO: Those who want to keep the presidency, and those who wish to get rid of it. We've had abolitionist vs establishment elections before, but all the abolitionist candidates in the past have never been legitimate candidates who actually could deliver the dissolution of the presidency if they won the election. I have a system (DDO Conventions) that if put in place would replace the presidency and truly eliminate it, while also allowing for change to still be pushed on DDO by newer users and seasoned users alike in a very democratic system.

The importance of the election and what it will stand for is why I am requesting two things:

It wouldn't be a DDO election without a half dozen people making troll campaigns or legit campaigns that are just really, really sh*tty. Normally these troll campaigns are harmless, since DDO elections are usually decided by wide enough margins that all the combined troll campaigns wouldn't have any effect on the outcome of the election. This election will be very close, as me and DK have been neck-and-neck in polling ever since we both announced we were running. The close margin of the election means that troll candidates and minor campaigns could sway the outcome of the election by not picking a side (pro-presidency or abolition).

If me or DK win the election, but only do so by a plurality, it would cause all hell to break loose on DDO.... If DK appears to 'steal' the election because some other 3rd campaign siphoned off enough votes from me to change the outcome for DK's favor, then the next election after this one will just end up being another referendum on keeping or getting rid of the presidency..... If on the other hand I win the election on a plurality because two campaigns split votes from pro-presidency campaigns, then Airmax might not even implement the new convention system since it looks like I won in an undemocratic fashion, which again puts us right back at the next election being the same thing all over again.

I came up with the Convention system because I wanted to see if DDO truly wants to keep or get rid of the presidency, by giving them a legitimate alternative and running as a legitimate abolitionist candidate who could actually deliver on abolishing the presidency. If this election is clear, clean, and between just me and DK like I want it to be, we could settle the question once and for all of whether or not DDO wants to keep the presidency or not..... But the only way we can have the question be answered once and for all is if the only two options on the ballot are me and DK... Otherwise we risk having to go through this sh*t all over again in the next election in December

2) I ask that users who support abolition change their profile picture to this (TBR's)

There are two reasons behind this request. First and foremost, a lot of people have PM'd me asking if I was actually serious about my campaign, which in fairness to them is something I cant blame them for being suspicious over... I am a notorious troll, and the last time I ran in an election it started out as a troll campaign that people took seriously. The nature of abolitionist campaigns themselves are hard to disseminate from troll campaigns simply because every previous abolitionist campaign has been non-sensical or impractical to a large degree, making it almost indiscernable from a troll campaign.

The other reason I am asking abolitionist supporters to change their profile picture is to gauge how much support there actually is. Polls that are used on the site, no matter which kind of poll is used, are susceptible to duplicate voting because they rely on ip addresses to legitimize votes. This means that a person can vote on the same poll for the same person twice by doing so once on their computer, and once on their smartphone. If they have a second computer they use for school, than they now can vote three times on a poll for the same person and have all three votes count.

Im willing to bet that each campaign has taken advantage of duplicate voting to boost their own numbers, and that also includes supporters of each campaign. In TBR's poll, Wylted has 9 votes for 1st place, and we all know damn well that all 9 of those votes came from people within his campaign, since Wylted's cant perform moderately well in a poll without rigging it first and has no public support.

TLDR: if you support the abolition of the presidency, please change your profile to this for reasons: http://www.debate.org...

If you dont want to change your profile picture, but still want to show your support for my abolitionist campaign, you can choose to instead list three negative things about either the presidency or other campaigns to satisfy your membership dues.

That is all. Hail Satan.

DDO NOTA issues this response to imabench's ABOLITIONISTS UNITE thread.

https://www.youtube.com...
EndarkenedRationalist
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
5/2/2016 9:59:54 AM
At 5/2/2016 2:07:35 AM, YYW wrote:

He means when bsh and Rosalie were both running with Wylted.
Sorry to ruin your delusions again.
YYW
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
5/3/2016 6:09:07 AM
At 5/2/2016 9:59:54 AM, EndarkenedRationalist wrote:

This is why you are, have been, and will forever remain in my shadow. You keep running back. Every. Single. Time.
Tsar of DDO
EndarkenedRationalist
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
5/3/2016 9:58:50 AM
At 5/3/2016 6:09:07 AM, YYW wrote:

This is why you are, have been, and will forever remain in my shadow. You keep running back. Every. Single. Time.

Lol. You're the one who keeps calling me over to dominate you. You're the one who's addicted. I'm simply defending myself. See? Notice how, once again, you run back to a personal attack because the big scary Endark tore apart your lies with reality. The only question left is whether you're attracted to me, or to my intellect, since yours is sadly lacking.
EndarkenedRationalist
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
5/3/2016 10:00:28 AM
What YYW doesn't tell you is that, I run after him so much, that since I blocked him, he had to get a mutual friend of ours to put me in a PM with him.
Dragon_of_Christ
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
5/3/2016 2:11:19 PM

That is all. Hail Satan.

The presidency actually gets thing done instead of a large company that doesn't genuinely care about this website.

With elected members we will have a caring member making some changes and keeping it a little moderated.
Jesus loves you.

////////////

-Funny Links-
http://tinyurl.com...
http://tinyurl.com...

Stupid atheist remarks #: 6
YYW
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
5/3/2016 2:20:33 PM
At 5/3/2016 9:58:50 AM, EndarkenedRationalist wrote:
At 5/3/2016 6:09:07 AM, YYW wrote:

Lol. You're the one who keeps calling me over to dominate you. You're the one who's addicted. I'm simply defending myself. See? Notice how, once again, you run back to a personal attack because the big scary Endark tore apart your lies with reality. The only question left is whether you're attracted to me, or to my intellect, since yours is sadly lacking.

Someone should sig that quote.
Tsar of DDO