Jump to topic:

Raisor: Suspending Presidential Campaign

Raisor
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
5/1/2016 8:20:18 PM
Posted: 7 months ago
As the April campaign hiatus comes to a close, I anticipate presidential threads will rapidly begin to propagate in the main forum. Facing this impending gauntlet of favor seeking, ad homs, and soliciting noob votes, I have been evaluating the costs and benefits of my candidacy.

Due to the lack of enthusiasm for my presidential bid, I have decided to suspend my campaign.

I had hoped that my initial platform would have generated excitement while my Transactional Politics policy would have garnered pledges of early support. Unfortunately this has not been the case, indeed my candidacy has not even been acknowledged by the leading TBR pundit poll.

I still adhere to my original platform:

http://www.debate.org...

I support the presidency as an institution but believe the organizational demands of the office need to be scaled back. I support bottom-up community based proposals and the diffusion of responsibility to individual members. I still plan on voting for myself in the upcoming election.
TBR
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
5/1/2016 9:02:06 PM
At 5/1/2016 8:20:18 PM, Raisor wrote:
As the April campaign hiatus comes to a close, I anticipate presidential threads will rapidly begin to propagate in the main forum. Facing this impending gauntlet of favor seeking, ad homs, and soliciting noob votes, I have been evaluating the costs and benefits of my candidacy.

Due to the lack of enthusiasm for my presidential bid, I have decided to suspend my campaign.

I had hoped that my initial platform would have generated excitement while my Transactional Politics policy would have garnered pledges of early support. Unfortunately this has not been the case, indeed my candidacy has not even been acknowledged by the leading TBR pundit poll.

I support the presidency as an institution but believe the organizational demands of the office need to be scaled back. I support bottom-up community based proposals and the diffusion of responsibility to individual members. I still plan on voting for myself in the upcoming election.

Know what. It was just an oversight. Should have send me a PM.

I think I had several threads while I was working on the poll app asking for candidates to submit... Sorry really.

The only people I am ignoring are jimmytimmy and uterpenguin. The only reason I am ignoring them really is it is work, and I just haven't had the time to update the candidates. Well.... Jimmytimmy I think I will ignore regardless.
Raisor
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
5/1/2016 9:20:55 PM
At 5/1/2016 9:02:06 PM, TBR wrote:

I think I had several threads while I was working on the poll app asking for candidates to submit... Sorry really.

The only people I am ignoring are jimmytimmy and uterpenguin. The only reason I am ignoring them really is it is work, and I just haven't had the time to update the candidates. Well.... Jimmytimmy I think I will ignore regardless.

I made a pledge not to engage in any campaigning during April- IMO that includes lobbying pollsters.
TBR
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
5/1/2016 9:23:07 PM
At 5/1/2016 9:20:55 PM, Raisor wrote:

I made a pledge not to engage in any campaigning during April- IMO that includes lobbying pollsters.

Fair enough. Regardless - accept my apology for not including you in the poll. It was unintentional.
YYW
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
5/1/2016 9:27:25 PM
At 5/1/2016 9:23:07 PM, TBR wrote:

Fair enough. Regardless - accept my apology for not including you in the poll. It was unintentional.

It wouldn't have made much of a difference.
Tsar of DDO
TBR
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
5/1/2016 9:31:04 PM
At 5/1/2016 9:27:25 PM, YYW wrote:

It wouldn't have made much of a difference.y

Don't want any talk of me manipulating this stuff. Like I said, the only one I am actually disinterested in adding jimmytimmy, and I may just add him when time permits.
YYW
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
5/1/2016 9:39:28 PM
At 5/1/2016 9:31:04 PM, TBR wrote:

Don't want any talk of me manipulating this stuff. Like I said, the only one I am actually disinterested in adding jimmytimmy, and I may just add him when time permits.

Fair enough. Don't add JimmyTimmy, btw. He is an idiot and a troll.
Tsar of DDO
TBR
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
5/1/2016 9:44:30 PM
At 5/1/2016 9:39:28 PM, YYW wrote:
At 5/1/2016 9:31:04 PM, TBR wrote:

Fair enough. Don't add JimmyTimmy, btw. He is an idiot and a troll.

Yea, last time he was around I even attempted to talk to him. Huge mistake. Just a jerk, and a stupid one at that.
Blade-of-Truth
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
5/2/2016 1:40:53 AM

This is very disappointing Raisor. You were certainly one of my top three picks.
Debate.org Deputy Vote Moderator
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
DDO Voting Guide: http://www.debate.org...
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
Need a judge on your debate? Nominate me! http://www.debate.org...
donald.keller
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
5/2/2016 5:31:20 AM

So DK/Tuf :D
-- Don't forget to submit your unvoted debates to the Voter's Union --

OFFICIAL DK/TUF 2016 Platform: http://www.debate.org...

My Facebook Page: https://www.facebook.com...
#SaveThePresidency
#SaveTheSite

-- DK/TUF 2016 --
YYW
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
5/2/2016 6:29:00 AM
At 5/2/2016 5:31:20 AM, donald.keller wrote:

Well your ticket was obviously more legitimate than any fleeting fantasy that raisor could have been a respectable president.

We all know he would have just peaced out like three weeks after being in office.
Tsar of DDO
Raisor
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
5/2/2016 12:10:09 PM
At 5/2/2016 6:29:00 AM, YYW wrote:

Well your ticket was obviously more legitimate than any fleeting fantasy that raisor could have been a respectable president.

We all know he would have just peaced out like three weeks after being in office.

Damn dude are you still around? I thought you made a bunch of posts about how you were leaving for good because you outgrew the site. Must have been someone else, my bad.
The_Great_Amalgam
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
5/2/2016 1:19:54 PM

Guess it's no use trying to get to 1000 post since now I won't be able to vote for you now. :(

Such a shame indeed.
YYW
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
5/2/2016 10:58:27 PM
At 5/2/2016 12:10:09 PM, Raisor wrote:

Damn dude are you still around? I thought you made a bunch of posts about how you were leaving for good because you outgrew the site. Must have been someone else, my bad.

rofl this is sad Raisor... sad, indeed

But it's not sad that you suspended your campaign. You would have received four votes at most.
Tsar of DDO
Raisor
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
5/2/2016 11:16:23 PM
At 5/2/2016 10:58:27 PM, YYW wrote:

But it's not sad that you suspended your campaign. You would have received four votes at most.

I actually received an outpouring of support from people via pm. You'd be surprised how many people backed me.
YYW
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
5/2/2016 11:24:04 PM
At 5/2/2016 11:16:23 PM, Raisor wrote:

I actually received an outpouring of support from people via pm. You'd be surprised how many people backed me.

Of course you probably had ten or so people say they were sorry to see that you weren't running, but you would not have been who they went for when it came down to vote.

If you want to go back in and learn how little support you would have had, though, feel free. If by some miracle you got more than one fifth as many as Imabench will, or DK will, or even half what 16k and Bossy will, I would consider myself proven wrong. But I'm not wrong, and I think you know that.

Though please do not feel like you just have to take my word for it.

By all means, jump back in!
Tsar of DDO
YYW
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
5/2/2016 11:29:21 PM
Really, we all (i.e. everyone other than the kids and the four real members who support you) know that to vote for you would be to end the presidency as well. No one believes that you would do anything, because you never do anything other than bitch and moan about me... which I find amusing.

You would essentially peace out like one month in, and then would never be heard from again, just like the best case of every other president along who ran on nothing other than name recognition has in the past.

Worse, because you actually had name recognition, people would expect you to... ya know... do stuff other than bitch and moan about me. Though we both (you and I) know that's not going to happen.

You don't debate. You don't post in the forums in anything that comes close to being meaningful or substantive. You almost never vote, and when you do your votes are laughable. You're a relic who some people still have some fond memories over, and the kids on here think might be more than a game of thrones avitar because some people have those fond memories.

You essentially do nothing, other than sporadically appear to whine about things you don't like. Imabench, DK, or even 16k/Bossy would crush you.
Tsar of DDO
Raisor
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
5/2/2016 11:33:09 PM
At 5/2/2016 11:24:04 PM, YYW wrote:
At 5/2/2016 11:16:23 PM, Raisor wrote:

Of course you probably had ten or so people say they were sorry to see that you weren't running, but you would not have been who they went for when it came down to vote.

If you want to go back in and learn how little support you would have had, though, feel free. If by some miracle you got more than one fifth as many as Imabench will, or DK will, or even half what 16k and Bossy will, I would consider myself proven wrong. But I'm not wrong, and I think you know that.

Though please do not feel like you just have to take my word for it.

By all means, jump back in!

If you read my OP you would understand that I am not interested in the prolonged campaigning that my candidacy would require. As usual it seems you have merely skimmed a thread and jumped to your own interpretation of events. I know you derive pleasure by imagining you have some understanding of site politics, but don't embarass yourself by pretending to understand the situation at all.
YYW
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
5/2/2016 11:36:16 PM
At 5/2/2016 11:33:09 PM, Raisor wrote:
If you read my OP you would understand that I am not interested in the prolonged campaigning that my candidacy would require. As usual it seems you have merely skimmed a thread and jumped to your own interpretation of events. I know you derive pleasure by imagining you have some understanding of site politics, but don't embarass yourself by pretending to understand the situation at all.

I have been involved with every presidential administration and campaign since Airmax, except bsh1 and Ore Ele's.

You have done nothing, except fail a campaign.

I guess this is your "please clap" moment.
Tsar of DDO
Raisor
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
5/2/2016 11:37:34 PM
At 5/2/2016 11:29:21 PM, YYW wrote:
Really, we all (i.e. everyone other than the kids and the four real members who support you) know that to vote for you would be to end the presidency as well. No one believes that you would do anything, because you never do anything other than bitch and moan about me... which I find amusing.

You would essentially peace out like one month in, and then would never be heard from again, just like the best case of every other president along who ran on nothing other than name recognition has in the past.

Worse, because you actually had name recognition, people would expect you to... ya know... do stuff other than bitch and moan about me. Though we both (you and I) know that's not going to happen.

You don't debate. You don't post in the forums in anything that comes close to being meaningful or substantive. You almost never vote, and when you do your votes are laughable. You're a relic who some people still have some fond memories over, and the kids on here think might be more than a game of thrones avitar because some people have those fond memories.

You essentially do nothing, other than sporadically appear to whine about things you don't like. Imabench, DK, or even 16k/Bossy would crush you.

I would whole heartedly stand by and live up to my platform.

You have a very poor grasp on how this site really works, a problem I suspect is not limited to that scope alone.
YYW
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
5/2/2016 11:38:45 PM
At 5/2/2016 11:37:34 PM, Raisor wrote:
At 5/2/2016 11:29:21 PM, YYW wrote:

I would whole heartedly stand by and live up to my platform.

Of course.

You have a very poor grasp on how this site really works, a problem I suspect is not limited to that scope alone.

lol

No one is clapping, Raisor.
Tsar of DDO
Raisor
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
5/2/2016 11:39:58 PM
At 5/2/2016 11:36:16 PM, YYW wrote:

I have been involved with every presidential administration and campaign since Airmax, except bsh1 and Ore Ele's.

Always an bridesmaid never a bride huh?
YYW
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
5/2/2016 11:43:35 PM
At 5/2/2016 11:39:58 PM, Raisor wrote:

I suppose your wedding invitation must have been consistently lost in the mail.

But I'll never run. Thought about it. I've had about two dozen people suggest the idea over the years, but it's not for me.

The job is something I have no interest in.

I tossed around the idea a few months ago, but decided against it. Imabench can end the presidency... I'm very comfortable with that.
Tsar of DDO
Raisor
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
5/2/2016 11:49:25 PM
At 5/2/2016 11:43:35 PM, YYW wrote:

But I'll never run. Thought about it. I've had about two dozen people suggest the idea over the years, but it's not for me.

I tossed around the idea a few months ago, but decided against it. Imabench can end the presidency... I'm very comfortable with that.

L M A O

No one believes for a second that you would hold back from running if you thought you had any chance of winning. Its ok, this can just be an "I know you know I know" situation
; )
YYW
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
5/3/2016 12:04:39 AM
At 5/2/2016 11:49:25 PM, Raisor wrote:

L M A O

No one believes for a second that you would hold back from running if you thought you had any chance of winning. Its ok, this can just be an "I know you know I know" situation
; )

You really don't understand me, Raisor, or the presidency and its significance. Much like you don't understand the site... but enough of your ignorance. It's plain as day.

But, since you have created a platform for me to talk about myself, I'll oblige you.

There are a lot of things that bring me pleasure in life. Assuming artificial responsibility that means nothing is not one of them. I gain nothing by being president. It has no real power. I intensely dislike whiteflame, and I don't want to work in any kind of an official capacity with Airmax.

For me to be president, I would have to moderate myself. I would have to listen to stupid members complain stupidly about things they are too stupid to understand, and then have to explain to them why their stupid idea would never happen even if I had the power to make it work, which I do not.

Or I could ignore people, which I would (probably) and then face lots of "Why doesn't YYW respond to me!?!?!?!?!?" threads. Now, if I get a PM and I don't care about it, I can (and do, often) ignore it. Then, couldn't do that.

I've spent a lot of time thinking it through, and it's something that I have no interest in, especially where there are other people who have volunteered as tribute.

I only work for free when it brings me pleasure. Being president would not bring me pleasure. So, I'm not going to do it.
Tsar of DDO
Raisor
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
5/3/2016 12:16:09 AM
At 5/3/2016 12:04:39 AM, YYW wrote:

L M A O

; )

You really don't understand me, Raisor, or the presidency and its significance. Much like you don't understand the site... but enough of your ignorance. It's plain as day.

But, since you have created a platform for me to talk about myself, I'll oblige you.

There are a lot of things that bring me pleasure in life. Assuming artificial responsibility that means nothing is not one of them. I gain nothing by being president. It has no real power. I intensely dislike whiteflame, and I don't want to work in any kind of an official capacity with Airmax.

For me to be president, I would have to moderate myself. I would have to listen to stupid members complain stupidly about things they are too stupid to understand, and then have to explain to them why their stupid idea would never happen even if I had the power to make it work, which I do not.

Or I could ignore people, which I would (probably) and then face lots of "Why doesn't YYW respond to me!?!?!?!?!?" threads. Now, if I get a PM and I don't care about it, I can (and do, often) ignore it. Then, couldn't do that.

I've spent a lot of time thinking it through, and it's something that I have no interest in, especially where there are other people who have volunteered as tribute.

I only work for free when it brings me pleasure. Being president would not bring me pleasure. So, I'm not going to do it.

Do you have to write so many words to convince yourself you are right? You should change your name to TLDR.

The reason you haven't run is because you wouldn't win.

But really even your stated reasons are telling- "I'm not running for president because I lack the capacity to interact with others."
YYW
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
5/3/2016 12:19:05 AM
At 5/3/2016 12:16:09 AM, Raisor wrote:

L M A O

; )

Do you have to write so many words to convince yourself you are right? You should change your name to TLDR.

I'm sorry you have trouble reading. But, no... I won't lower the standard so you can keep up.

It's also great that you take issue with people who take the time to say clearly and precisely what they mean. This is probably because you're not a person whose all that concerned with the details.

You're one of those guys who would just sort of glaze over at a complex problem. That's fine... but lol...

Probably explains why you're such a terrible judge. rofl
Tsar of DDO
Raisor
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
5/3/2016 12:22:10 AM
At 5/3/2016 12:19:05 AM, YYW wrote:
At 5/3/2016 12:16:09 AM, Raisor wrote:

L M A O

; )

I'm sorry you have trouble reading. But, no... I won't lower the standard so you can keep up.

It's also great that you take issue with people who take the time to say clearly and precisely what they mean. This is probably because you're not a person whose all that concerned with the details.

You're one of those guys who would just sort of glaze over at a complex problem. That's fine... but lol...

Probably explains why you're such a terrible judge. rofl

You've already established my obviously low intelligence in other threads, but then I've also established your love of redundancy and repeating yourself.

This has strayed too far from any substantive topic. Let's part ways acknowledging that I would probably fare worse in a presidential election than anyone other than you.