Jump to topic:

We need to bring DDO To Life Again

yomama12
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
5/3/2016 4:50:23 PM
Posted: 7 months ago
I've noticed that by now more people are leaving than joining. Hell, some of the most prolific people on DDO are starting to leave. (Good luck to Wylted). This has become very concerning to me, so we need to try to find a way to start bringing in more people, before this place becomes a ghost site.
"Psycotic. Thats a three syllable word that explains ideas too big for little minds" -Alexander Luthor

"I choose not to take sides. No matter which I choose, someone's gonna be pissy with me." -Me.

"If I had wanted to be sober, I wouldn't have gotten drunk." -Unity

"Some people say I'm not smart. Those people get my fist." -Farkas
imabench
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
5/3/2016 5:19:32 PM
1) 1 person leaving the site doesnt mean DDO is dying

2) 98% of prominent members who announce they are leaving show up again on DDO after a couple months, weeks, or minutes depending on the user

3) DDO literally has never had higher traffic than it does today. There used to be 3 open debates in the challenge period at any time and even the most popular forums only got one post a day.
Kevin24018 : "He's just so mean it makes me want to ball up my fists and stamp on the ground"
Geogeer: "Nobody is dumb enough to become my protege."

7/14/16 = The Presidency Dies

DDO: THE MOVIE = http://www.debate.org...
http://www.debate.org...

VP of DDO from Dec 14th 2014 to Jan 1st 2015
Rosalie
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
5/3/2016 5:32:12 PM
At 5/3/2016 4:50:23 PM, yomama12 wrote:
I've noticed that by now more people are leaving than joining. Hell, some of the most prolific people on DDO are starting to leave. (Good luck to Wylted). This has become very concerning to me, so we need to try to find a way to start bringing in more people, before this place becomes a ghost site.

I completely agree with you. I remember when I first joined, I took on 4-5 debates all at once. Now, there are HARDLY ANY debates in the open debate section. If you vote Rose/Famous, I guarantee to bring the spark back onto DDO. :)
" We need more videos of cat's playing the piano on the internet" - My art professor.

"Criticism is easier to take when you realize that the only people who aren't criticized are those who don't take risks." - Donald Trump

Officially Mrs. 16Kadams 8-30-16
PetersSmith
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
5/3/2016 6:22:37 PM

We need to make DDO great again.
Empress of DDO (also Poll and Forum "Maintenance" Moderator)

"The two most important days in your life is the day you were born, and the day you find out why."
~Mark Twain

"Wow"
-Doge

"Don't believe everything you read on the internet just because there's a picture with a quote next to it."
~Abraham Lincoln

Guide to the Polls Section: http://www.debate.org...
imabench
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
5/3/2016 6:57:47 PM
At 5/3/2016 5:32:12 PM, Rosalie wrote:

I completely agree with you. I remember when I first joined, I took on 4-5 debates all at once. Now, there are HARDLY ANY debates in the open debate section.

If you vote Rose/Famous, I guarantee to bring the spark back onto DDO. :)

Blind/Stupid 2016
Kevin24018 : "He's just so mean it makes me want to ball up my fists and stamp on the ground"

NewLifeChristian
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
5/3/2016 8:13:13 PM
At 5/3/2016 5:19:32 PM, imabench wrote:

2) 98% of prominent members who announce they are leaving show up again on DDO after a couple months, weeks, or minutes depending on the user

3) DDO literally has never had higher traffic than it does today. There used to be 3 open debates in the challenge period at any time and even the most popular forums only got one post a day.
You have to admit that the quality of new users, debates, polls, and opinion questions are decreasing, right?
Pro-Life Quotes:

"I've noticed that everyone who is for abortion has already been born."
- Ronald Reagan

"The care of human life and happiness, and not their destruction, is the first and only object of good government."
- Thomas Jefferson

"A person is a person no matter how small."
- Dr. Seuss
yomama12
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
5/3/2016 9:10:36 PM

I completely agree with you. I remember when I first joined, I took on 4-5 debates all at once. Now, there are HARDLY ANY debates in the open debate section. If you vote Rose/Famous, I guarantee to bring the spark back onto DDO. :)
Sounds good. When's the next election?
"Psycotic. Thats a three syllable word that explains ideas too big for little minds" -Alexander Luthor

"I choose not to take sides. No matter which I choose, someone's gonna be pissy with me." -Me.

Rosalie
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
5/3/2016 9:11:29 PM
At 5/3/2016 9:10:36 PM, yomama12 wrote:

Sounds good. When's the next election?

In july
" We need more videos of cat's playing the piano on the internet" - My art professor.

"Criticism is easier to take when you realize that the only people who aren't criticized are those who don't take risks." - Donald Trump

yomama12
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
5/3/2016 9:13:28 PM
At 5/3/2016 6:57:47 PM, imabench wrote:

I completely agree with you. I remember when I first joined, I took on 4-5 debates all at once. Now, there are HARDLY ANY debates in the open debate

Blind/Stupid 2016

Jesus bench, don't be that much of a d ck

famousdebater
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
5/3/2016 11:01:58 PM
At 5/3/2016 9:13:28 PM, yomama12 wrote:
At 5/3/2016 6:57:47 PM, imabench wrote:

I completely agree with you. I remember when I first joined, I took on 4-5 debates all at once. Now, there are HARDLY ANY debates in the open debate

Blind/Stupid 2016

Jesus bench, don't be that much of a d ck

Ignore him. Bench is running against us in a bid to abolish the presidency which is why he is being so hostile.
"Life calls the tune, we dance."
John Galsworthy
ColeTrain
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
5/4/2016 12:29:34 AM

*cough* JMK *cough* Romanii *cough*
"The right to 360 noscope noobs shall not be infringed!!!" -- tajshar2k
"So, to start off, I've never committed suicide." -- Vaarka
"I eat glue." -- brontoraptor
"I mean, at this rate, I'd argue for a ham sandwich presidency." -- ResponsiblyIrresponsible
"Overthrow Assad, heil jihad." -- 16kadams when trolling in hangout
"Hillary Clinton is not my favorite person ... and her campaign is as inspiring as a bowl of cottage cheese." -- YYW
ColeTrain
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
5/4/2016 12:31:56 AM

You can't guarantee something like that, though. If you do, you're being intellectually dishonest with yourself...
"I mean, at this rate, I'd argue for a ham sandwich presidency." -- ResponsiblyIrresponsible
"Hillary Clinton is not my favorite person ... and her campaign is as inspiring as a bowl of cottage cheese." -- YYW
donald.keller
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
5/4/2016 12:51:45 AM

DDO is at one of it's most active periods in DDO history. There are a ton of debates and threads made.

I will give you one point... Fanfictions and games aren't as prominent as they once were. But Google Hangouts is still widely used, and TWS is even returning (allegedly). I find it odd that, after hearing one vague promise from one of three candidates, you are ready to vote for her. DK/Tuf has plans for a Varsity Program to increase games quality/quantity, and a group for training new writers... Rosalie doesn't even have a platform yet... Although I have no intentions of attacking her, I find guaranteeing her a vote because of one promise with no "how to's" attached to be a bit rushed.

To address your concerns about a lack of participation, DK/Tuf does have plans to increase site membership through the Facebook page, as well as a new concept I will be outlining in our soon-to-be Official Announcement.
-- Don't forget to submit your unvoted debates to the Voter's Union --

OFFICIAL DK/TUF 2016 Platform: http://www.debate.org...

My Facebook Page: https://www.facebook.com...
#SaveThePresidency
#SaveTheSite

-- DK/TUF 2016 --
Rosalie
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
5/4/2016 1:30:44 AM
At 5/4/2016 12:51:45 AM, donald.keller wrote:

DDO is at one of it's most active periods in DDO history. There are a ton of debates and threads made.

I will give you one point... Fanfictions and games aren't as prominent as they once were. But Google Hangouts is still widely used, and TWS is even returning (allegedly). I find it odd that, after hearing one vague promise from one of three candidates, you are ready to vote for her. DK/Tuf has plans for a Varsity Program to increase games quality/quantity, and a group for training new writers... Rosalie doesn't even have a platform yet... Although I have no intentions of attacking her, I find guaranteeing her a vote because of one promise with no "how to's" attached to be a bit rushed.

To address your concerns about a lack of participation, DK/Tuf does have plans to increase site membership through the Facebook page, as well as a new concept I will be outlining in our soon-to-be Official Announcement.

Donald, we do have a platform if you have been paying attention at all, which seems like you havn't. We are releasing the platform Thursday.

And no, DDO isn't at it's most a give times. I mean, look at the open debate section, how many debates to you see? About 6 months ago we had 10-15 pages full of debates. I don't see the well rounded debaters debating anymore, unless there is a tournament. The forums are more popular than the debate section, that wasn't always the case.

You never join hangouts. Hangouts is a social gathering. Ocassionaly live debates take place, but other than that, it doesn't have to do with debating.

ColeTrain
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
5/4/2016 1:42:19 AM
At 5/4/2016 1:30:44 AM, Rosalie wrote:

Donald, we do have a platform if you have been paying attention at all, which seems like you havn't. We are releasing the platform Thursday.

And no, DDO isn't at it's most a give times. I mean, look at the open debate section, how many debates to you see? About 6 months ago we had 10-15 pages full of debates.

That is not true at all...

[http://web.archive.org...] That will be 6 months ago on May 5th... 2 pages, 18 debates. Right now, we have 3 pages, 26 debates.
donald.keller
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
5/4/2016 2:33:42 AM

Having an unreleased platform isn't the same has having a platform. I was explaining that promising a vote to someone who doesn't have a platform is a bit rushed, and until you release the platform, that's what he did.

And no, DDO isn't at it's most a give times. I mean, look at the open debate section, how many debates to you see? About 6 months ago we had 10-15 pages full of debates. I don't see the well rounded debaters debating anymore, unless there is a tournament. The forums are more popular than the debate section, that wasn't always the case.

27 debates. And no, we never had 10-15 pages of honest debates. Using the Web Archive, we see only 33 debates (less than a page more than now) 6 months ago, and only 22 the month before (http://web.archive.org...)... And I believe what you mean is "I don't see the great debaters from 3+ years ago." The site is still full of many great, active debaters. And even great debaters like Subutai, Tejretics, Blade-of-Truth, Whiteflame, 16Kadams, Hayd, Taj, Raisor, ColeTrain, TUF, FourTrouble, and more, have had debates in the last 2 weeks (1 month for Raisor). In fact, the site, according the Alexia, has gained a lot of traffic since March, and is still gaining a lot of traffic (http://www.alexa.com...). In fact, 6 months ago, we had incredibly low traffic, and just one month prior, the lowest traffic in recent history.

Also, why is the forum's being more popular important? This site isn't a fixed pie where more Forum activity means less Debate activity. Forum activity can overtake Debate activity, and yet Debate activity be growing also. Besides, my platform's concept that I mentioned earlier (mentioned in the Platform that I had already posted a month ago) would be able to fix both of your concerns.

You never join hangouts. Hangouts is a social gathering. Ocassionaly live debates take place, but other than that, it doesn't have to do with debating.

It doesn't have to involve debating to contribute to the community. Also, saying live debates take place, but than saying it has nothing to do with debating, is contradictory. You're nitpicking... "Other than the instances of X, it has nothing to do with X..." And I have been in hangouts before.
-- Don't forget to submit your unvoted debates to the Voter's Union --

OFFICIAL DK/TUF 2016 Platform: http://www.debate.org...

My Facebook Page: https://www.facebook.com...
#SaveThePresidency
#SaveTheSite

-- DK/TUF 2016 --
imabench
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
5/4/2016 2:44:09 AM
At 5/4/2016 12:31:56 AM, ColeTrain wrote:

You can't guarantee something like that, though. If you do, you're being intellectually dishonest with yourself...

This is Rosalie and Famous we are talking about here. Intellectual dishonesty is the only way they can get any votes

imabench
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
5/4/2016 2:57:44 AM
At 5/3/2016 8:13:13 PM, NewLifeChristian wrote:

You have to admit that the quality of new users, debates, polls, and opinion questions are decreasing, right?

New users are hard to figure out because it takes several months to get a feel of how members will turn out on the site. I certainly wasnt the user I am now when I first joined the site, and I think the same can be said for every other person reading this right now

Polls and Opinion questions were never good to begin with when they were first introduced onto the site, so you cant have them be worse if they were already terrible to begin with

Debates: Maybe. They look stale to us users since we've all pretty much already debated everything that is available to be accepted, and simply dont want to accept the debates since we've already done a version of it in the past. What is an interesting debate to a newer user might not be as interesting to one who has been around for a long time, so its a matter of perspective on whether or not debates have gotten worse, TO A DEGREE

Some debates though are genuinely stupid. And with a lot more debates being made (contrary tow hat Rosalie and famous think they see for some stupid reason), the quantity of bad debates goes up as well.

So to answer your question: Polls and opinions are not getting worse cause they were never good or decent to begin with, while debates and members are kinda hard to figure out on whether or not they are getting worse or still about the same

tejretics
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
5/4/2016 3:14:28 AM
DDO literally has never had higher traffic than it does today. There used to be 3 open debates in the challenge period at any time and even the most popular forums only got one post a day.

For the first few months after I joined, there always used to be around 40 debates in the challenge period.
"Where justice is denied, where poverty is enforced, where ignorance prevails, and where any one class is made to feel that society is an organized conspiracy to oppress, rob and degrade them, neither persons nor property will be safe." - Frederick Douglass
16kadams
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
5/4/2016 3:22:45 AM

Those days bring me nostalgia - I can't imagine what people who are even older feel about "debate.com" XD
https://www.youtube.com...
https://rekonomics.wordpress.com...
"A trend is a trend, but the question is, will it bend? Will it alter its course through some unforeseen force and come to a premature end?" -- Alec Cairncross
16kadams
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
5/4/2016 3:27:22 AM

I've been here for like 4 years and there are peaks and troughs regarding activity. The overall trend has been upwards. And the quality hasn't markedly decreased, either. My generation--the conservative generation--was full of degenerates, just like this one. The whole "DDO is declining" crap that shows up every time there is a slight decrease in activity is always laughable.

I think every year I have been on this site, at around this time of the year, there's always "DDO is dying" threads. Hasn't happened and probably won't happen anytime soon.

Either way, the decline of DDO is not a problem -- the only problem is the menace of 16k. No one has noticed this threat more than I have! 16kadams 2016 #feeltheban #16kadams4Prison
"A trend is a trend, but the question is, will it bend? Will it alter its course through some unforeseen force and come to a premature end?" -- Alec Cairncross
imabench
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
5/4/2016 3:30:31 AM
10/10 on the hashtag #feeltheban, that genuinely made me laugh XD

Dragon_of_Christ
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
5/4/2016 3:30:34 AM

Stuff like this, the DDO Movie, your frozen obsession, and me being christian is why i will never be able to hate you no matter how much you try to troll me.
Jesus loves you.

////////////

-Funny Links-
http://tinyurl.com...
http://tinyurl.com...

Stupid atheist remarks #: 6
ColeTrain
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
5/4/2016 3:36:01 AM
At 5/4/2016 2:44:09 AM, imabench wrote:

This is Rosalie and Famous we are talking about here. Intellectual dishonesty is the only way they can get any votes

I don't think that's entirely fair, though. Give them at least a little credit, dude xD

Also, accept my friend request, you jerk.
ColeTrain
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
5/4/2016 3:38:18 AM
At 5/4/2016 3:30:31 AM, imabench wrote:

+1, me too lol
imabench
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
5/4/2016 3:43:06 AM
At 5/4/2016 3:36:01 AM, ColeTrain wrote:

I don't think that's entirely fair, though. Give them at least a little credit, dude xD

How were we not already friends??? :O

ColeTrain
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
5/4/2016 3:44:03 AM
At 5/4/2016 3:43:06 AM, imabench wrote:
At 5/4/2016 3:36:01 AM, ColeTrain wrote:

How were we not already friends??? :O

Exactly what I thought! :0
16kadams
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
5/4/2016 3:54:56 AM
At 5/4/2016 3:30:31 AM, imabench wrote:

. :D
yomama12
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
5/4/2016 2:57:18 PM
Exactly why does 16 need to be banned? I've never heard any problems with him until now.

imabench
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
5/4/2016 4:44:52 PM
At 5/4/2016 2:57:18 PM, yomama12 wrote:
Exactly why does 16 need to be banned? I've never heard any problems with him until now.

He's trolling, as evidenced by how he is the one advocating for his OWN ban