Total Posts:6|Showing Posts:1-6
Jump to topic:

Forum moderation policy?

Roukezian
Posts: 1,711
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
5/9/2016 9:53:41 PM
Posted: 6 months ago
If I'm remembering correctly, there used to be a moderation policy for forum posts/comments. Has this been lifted?

I haven't been insulted myself but personal insults seem to--have--increased.
PetersSmith
Posts: 5,819
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
5/9/2016 10:05:15 PM
Posted: 6 months ago
At 5/9/2016 9:53:41 PM, Roukezian wrote:
If I'm remembering correctly, there used to be a moderation policy for forum posts/comments. Has this been lifted?

I haven't been insulted myself but personal insults seem to--have--increased.

Well, it's still there, it's just that moderation on it has become...much more lax, to put it lightly.
Empress of DDO (also Poll and Forum "Maintenance" Moderator)

"The two most important days in your life is the day you were born, and the day you find out why."
~Mark Twain

"Wow"
-Doge

"Don't believe everything you read on the internet just because there's a picture with a quote next to it."
~Abraham Lincoln

Guide to the Polls Section: http://www.debate.org...
Roukezian
Posts: 1,711
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
5/9/2016 11:05:27 PM
Posted: 6 months ago
At 5/9/2016 10:05:15 PM, PetersSmith wrote:
it's still there, it's just that moderation on it has become...much more lax, to put it lightly.

Good. Good.
TheGreatAndPowerful
Posts: 3,012
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
5/10/2016 12:08:26 AM
Posted: 6 months ago
At 5/9/2016 10:05:15 PM, PetersSmith wrote:
At 5/9/2016 9:53:41 PM, Roukezian wrote:
If I'm remembering correctly, there used to be a moderation policy for forum posts/comments. Has this been lifted?

I haven't been insulted myself but personal insults seem to--have--increased.

Well, it's still there, it's just that moderation on it has become...much more lax, to put it lightly.

Yeah, but god forbid a vote contain a spelling error.
donald.keller
Posts: 3,709
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
5/10/2016 11:56:06 PM
Posted: 6 months ago
At 5/10/2016 12:08:26 AM, TheGreatAndPowerful wrote:
At 5/9/2016 10:05:15 PM, PetersSmith wrote:
At 5/9/2016 9:53:41 PM, Roukezian wrote:
If I'm remembering correctly, there used to be a moderation policy for forum posts/comments. Has this been lifted?

I haven't been insulted myself but personal insults seem to--have--increased.

Well, it's still there, it's just that moderation on it has become...much more lax, to put it lightly.

Yeah, but god forbid a vote contain a spelling error.

I would like to see an example of moderation that strict. Votes impact debaters, not voters, so moderation needs to favor the debaters, not the voter's convenience.
-- Don't forget to submit your unvoted debates to the Voter's Union --

OFFICIAL DK/TUF 2016 Platform: http://www.debate.org...

My Facebook Page: https://www.facebook.com...
#SaveThePresidency
#SaveTheSite

-- DK/TUF 2016 --
TheGreatAndPowerful
Posts: 3,012
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
5/11/2016 11:15:55 AM
Posted: 6 months ago
At 5/10/2016 11:56:06 PM, donald.keller wrote:
At 5/10/2016 12:08:26 AM, TheGreatAndPowerful wrote:
At 5/9/2016 10:05:15 PM, PetersSmith wrote:
At 5/9/2016 9:53:41 PM, Roukezian wrote:
If I'm remembering correctly, there used to be a moderation policy for forum posts/comments. Has this been lifted?

I haven't been insulted myself but personal insults seem to--have--increased.

Well, it's still there, it's just that moderation on it has become...much more lax, to put it lightly.

Yeah, but god forbid a vote contain a spelling error.

I would like to see an example of moderation that strict.

It's rhetoric.

Votes impact debaters, not voters, so moderation needs to favor the debaters, not the voter's convenience.

Since moderation eliminates votes, it hurts debaters.