Jump to topic:

Debates/discussions about members

Skynet
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
5/13/2016 6:05:17 AM
Posted: 6 months ago
There's a member who frequents a certain controversial forum who I believe adds nothing valuable or substantive, just personal attacks veiled as attacks against everyone who holds an opposing position. I've attempted to engage this person in depth once or twice on the topic they were pushing, but when I asked for specifics, they quit posting. Everyone knows who this member is if I mentioned them, so I won't. But I was wondering, could I start a debate or thread, X member should continue to be a member of DDO, and take the CON position? This person is no stranger to making personal attacks, so would this be out of line to start such a debate?
One perk to being a dad is you get to watch cartoons again without explaining yourself.
Skynet
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
5/13/2016 6:06:22 AM
The site would just be better off without them. It's so bad, I think it could be objectively shown, and agreed upon by many who hold his positions.
One perk to being a dad is you get to watch cartoons again without explaining yourself.
PetersSmith
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
5/13/2016 6:13:52 AM
At 5/13/2016 6:05:17 AM, Skynet wrote:
There's a member who frequents a certain controversial forum who I believe adds nothing valuable or substantive, just personal attacks veiled as attacks against everyone who holds an opposing position. I've attempted to engage this person in depth once or twice on the topic they were pushing, but when I asked for specifics, they quit posting. Everyone knows who this member is if I mentioned them, so I won't. But I was wondering, could I start a debate or thread, X member should continue to be a member of DDO, and take the CON position? This person is no stranger to making personal attacks, so would this be out of line to start such a debate?

No. The trial system is no longer allowed.
Empress of DDO (also Poll and Forum "Maintenance" Moderator)

"The two most important days in your life is the day you were born, and the day you find out why."
~Mark Twain

"Wow"
-Doge

"Don't believe everything you read on the internet just because there's a picture with a quote next to it."
~Abraham Lincoln

Guide to the Polls Section: http://www.debate.org...
Emmarie
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
5/13/2016 6:15:48 AM
At 5/13/2016 6:06:22 AM, Skynet wrote:
The site would just be better off without them. It's so bad, I think it could be objectively shown, and agreed upon by many who hold his positions.
Is it a person who's name starts with "H"?
Dragon_of_Christ
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
5/13/2016 11:16:59 AM
At 5/13/2016 6:15:48 AM, Emmarie wrote:

I investigated, it doesn't.

I am 95% sure i know who.
Jesus loves you.

////////////

-Funny Links-
http://tinyurl.com...
http://tinyurl.com...

Stupid atheist remarks #: 6
famousdebater
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
5/13/2016 7:59:35 PM
At 5/13/2016 11:16:59 AM, Dragon_of_Christ wrote:
At 5/13/2016 6:15:48 AM, Emmarie wrote:

I investigated, it doesn't.

I am 95% sure i know who.

you?
"Life calls the tune, we dance."
John Galsworthy
Skynet
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
5/15/2016 5:37:22 AM
At 5/13/2016 6:13:52 AM, PetersSmith wrote:
At 5/13/2016 6:05:17 AM, Skynet wrote:

No. The trial system is no longer allowed.

When was this? I remember izbo10's trial. How many were there after that before they stopped?

I would not be putting this member on trial, as I have no more say here than any other member. I would just be arguing this member contributes only in a negative way to DDO. I haven't received any PMs from this member, and I wouldn't air any.