Jump to topic:

Rosalie/Famous Presidential Announcment

Rosalie
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
5/13/2016 10:17:57 PM
Posted: 6 months ago
I am officially announcing that I am dropping out of the DDO presidential race.
For reasons stated in my "Announcement Forum" I believe the DDO presidency is a necessity to keep this site alive, and to keep the site up, and going.

Then why am I dropping out?

Because, Famous and I both agree that keeping the presidency is important, and we don"t want to split the votes, mainly between DK/TUF and Imabench. It"s that simple. I will be running next cycle, (if DK is elected) once his term is officially over.
Endorsment: I am endorsing DK/TUF for a few reasons.

DK has been an established member on this site for 4 years. In those 4 years, I"m sure we call all agree, and see how much work, and effort he has put into this site, such as:

-DDO Fan Fic
-Church of Nac
- A active voter
-The Voter"s Union
-And partaking in DDO Jeproady (which was a dying thing)

I"m sure almost every single DDO member is appreciative of the VU.

Not only has DK been a part of these programs, and invested time into them, DK has qualities that makes him a respectable person.

-He is dedicated
-He is determined
-He does what he says he will set out to do
-He merely cares about the site.

These qualities are so obvious. To be honest, I never really knew DK, at all. Then, he and I began talking in the past 2 weeks, and his character struck me. DK cares very much about this site, and the members here. I 100% trust, that if he is to be elected, he will set out to do what he has promised the DDO community.

Now onto TUF. TUF is merely a spitting image of DK. They honestly could be bothers, personality wise. TUF also, like DK has been very active in the VU, and promoting mebers to vote. They are both Mods in the VU. Now, what strikes me the most, is that they are not obligated to do this, but they do it because they merely care, and they love to vote. TUF once told me "I love to vote on debates, I find it fun". This is what we need, everyone. A president and VP, whom have already done things to impact this site in a positive way. Not being obligated to take on all of theese responsibilies, but doing so, because they care is why....

You should vote for DK/TUF!
" We need more videos of cat's playing the piano on the internet" - My art professor.

"Criticism is easier to take when you realize that the only people who aren't criticized are those who don't take risks." - Donald Trump

Officially Mrs. 16Kadams 8-30-16
BlazingRodent
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
5/13/2016 10:23:06 PM
It is a close-call between DK and Imabench (in terms of pill votes), and I do think this is a great idea, because then those who would have voted for you and famous ate likely to pick DK/TUF, which puts the chance that the presidency will stay in a new height.
BlazingRodent
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
5/13/2016 10:23:20 PM
At 5/13/2016 10:23:06 PM, BlazingRodent wrote:
It is a close-call between DK and Imabench (in terms of pill votes), and I do think this is a great idea, because then those who would have voted for you and famous ate likely to pick DK/TUF, which puts the chance that the presidency will stay in a new height.

poll votes
1harderthanyouthink
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
5/13/2016 10:39:19 PM
At 5/13/2016 10:17:57 PM, Rosalie wrote:
Because, Famous and I both agree that keeping the presidency is important, and we don"t want to split the votes, mainly between DK/TUF and Imabench. It"s that simple. I will be running next cycle, (if DK is elected) once his term is officially over.

Assuming the Presidency is still around in six months, why would you run then - assuming the sitting President wants a second term?
"It's awfully considerate of you to think of me here,
And I'm much obliged to you for making it clear - that I'm not here."

-Syd Barrett

DDO Risk King
Rosalie
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
5/13/2016 10:39:35 PM

Agreed. This is why I'm dropping out, to save the presidency.
" We need more videos of cat's playing the piano on the internet" - My art professor.

"Criticism is easier to take when you realize that the only people who aren't criticized are those who don't take risks." - Donald Trump

donald.keller
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
5/13/2016 10:42:26 PM

And that is the ultimate goal here... To save the Presidency, and recreate it to have purpose again.
-- Don't forget to submit your unvoted debates to the Voter's Union --

OFFICIAL DK/TUF 2016 Platform: http://www.debate.org...

My Facebook Page: https://www.facebook.com...
#SaveThePresidency
#SaveTheSite

-- DK/TUF 2016 --
donald.keller
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
5/13/2016 10:43:10 PM
Thanks for all the support, Rosalie.

#SaveThePresidency

#SaveThePresidency
#SaveTheSite

-- DK/TUF 2016 --
Rosalie
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
5/13/2016 10:44:54 PM
At 5/13/2016 10:39:19 PM, 1harderthanyouthink wrote:

Assuming the Presidency is still around in six months, why would you run then - assuming the sitting President wants a second term?

I would decide to run then because I feel as if I will have gained more experience with the site, as well as get off to a better start, and on a clean slate.

I feel as if people were still caught up on the Co-VP thing, which regarded Wylted, and bsh1.

Wylted and I are two completely people, and I felt that people kept relating me back to him.

I want to make a name for myself. Not a name based off of Wylted. I hope I answerd your question.

donald.keller
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
5/13/2016 10:51:01 PM
At 5/13/2016 10:44:54 PM, Rosalie wrote:

I would decide to run then because I feel as if I will have gained more experience with the site, as well as get off to a better start, and on a clean slate.

I feel as if people were still caught up on the Co-VP thing, which regarded Wylted, and bsh1.

Wylted and I are two completely people, and I felt that people kept relating me back to him.

I want to make a name for myself. Not a name based off of Wylted. I hope I answerd your question.

I love your new Sig... Not the DK/TUF part... The b!tch switch part lol

#SaveThePresidency
#SaveTheSite

-- DK/TUF 2016 --
famousdebater
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
5/13/2016 10:52:13 PM

Indee. That is why we've decided to do this.
"Life calls the tune, we dance."
John Galsworthy
Rosalie
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
5/13/2016 10:54:38 PM
At 5/13/2016 10:51:01 PM, donald.keller wrote:

I love your new Sig... Not the DK/TUF part... The b!tch switch part lol

Lol. Me too! :)

famousdebater
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
5/13/2016 10:57:01 PM
Don't be confused by my sig. I'll be changing it as soon as I get into my laptop. Sig changes don't seem to work from my phone.
"Life calls the tune, we dance."
John Galsworthy
TBR
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
5/13/2016 11:20:24 PM

Good post. You are right on most of the points.

Now.... In fairness I have to say. I will have no compunction thrashing the idea of the presidency anymore :)
1harderthanyouthink
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
5/13/2016 11:23:11 PM

You did. Any response would be centered around hypothetical scenarios regarding your approach that can't be fairly approached, so I'll leave it at that.

-Syd Barrett

DDO Risk King
Rosalie
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
5/13/2016 11:26:17 PM
At 5/13/2016 11:23:11 PM, 1harderthanyouthink wrote:

You did. Any response would be centered around hypothetical scenarios regarding your approach that can't be fairly approached, so I'll leave it at that.

Pardon me?

1harderthanyouthink
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
5/13/2016 11:28:59 PM
At 5/13/2016 11:26:17 PM, Rosalie wrote:

Pardon me?

However much experience you gain with the site, and making more of a name of yourself is a hard topic to go about. The only way to see If you're fit for the Presidency next election will be to revisit how much progress you've made by then.

-Syd Barrett

DDO Risk King
Rosalie
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
5/13/2016 11:31:49 PM
At 5/13/2016 11:28:59 PM, 1harderthanyouthink wrote:
At 5/13/2016 11:26:17 PM, Rosalie wrote:

Pardon me?

However much experience you gain with the site, and making more of a name of yourself is a hard topic to go about. The only way to see If you're fit for the Presidency next election will be to revisit how much progress you've made by then.

Okay, sorry. I got something else from what you said.

Anueays, I'm quite sure I will make progress. That's what I'm going to strive for.

Vox_Veritas
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
5/13/2016 11:35:44 PM
Now that the obvious frontrunner has dropped out, which candidate could possibly take up her mantle?
Call me Vox, the Resident Contrarian of debate.org.

The DDO Blog:
https://debatedotorg.wordpress.com...

#drinkthecoffeenotthekoolaid
Rosalie
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
5/13/2016 11:52:30 PM
At 5/13/2016 11:20:24 PM, TBR wrote:

Good post. You are right on most of the points.

Now.... In fairness I have to say. I will have no compunction thrashing the idea of the presidency anymore :)

Thank you. :)

bsh1
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
5/14/2016 3:40:54 AM
Not sure what you meant by the comment in your OP about Jeopardy...
Live Long and Prosper

I'm a Bish.

"Twilight isn't just about obtuse metaphors between cannibalism and premarital sex, it also teaches us the futility of hope." - Raisor

"[Bsh1] is the Guinan of DDO." - ButterCatX

Follow the DDOlympics
: http://www.debate.org...

Open Debate Topics Project: http://www.debate.org...
Emmarie
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
5/14/2016 4:09:44 AM
For reasons stated in my "Announcement Forum" I believe the DDO presidency is a necessity to keep this site alive, and to keep the site up, and going.

DK has been an established member on this site for 4 years. In those 4 years, I"m sure we call all agree, and see how much work, and effort he has put into this site, such as:

-DDO Fan Fic
-Church of Nac
- A active voter
-The Voter"s Union

Not only has DK been a part of these programs, and invested time into them, DK has qualities that makes him a respectable person.

-He is dedicated
-He is determined

These qualities are so obvious. To be honest, I never really knew DK, at all. Then, he and I began talking in the past 2 weeks, and his character struck me. DK cares very much about this site, and the members here. I 100% trust, that if he is to be elected, he will set out to do what he has promised the DDO community.

Now onto TUF. TUF is merely a spitting image of DK. They honestly could be bothers, personality wise. TUF also, like DK has been very active in the VU, and promoting mebers to vote. They are both Mods in the VU. Now, what strikes me the most, is that they are not obligated to do this, but they do it because they merely care, and they love to vote. TUF once told me "I love to vote on debates, I find it fun". This is what we need, everyone. A president and VP, whom have already done things to impact this site in a positive way. Not being obligated to take on all of theese responsibilies, but doing so, because they care is why....

I may support the Presidency, if they offer you and famous a place within their administration. I really didn't think you or famous was prepared for what a Presidency entails, but you could be if you are included in DK/TUF's administration. I'm glad to see you are on board with preserving the Presidency, and I think you decision is a noble one :) Much respect due!
Rosalie
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
5/14/2016 4:11:13 AM
At 5/14/2016 4:09:44 AM, Emmarie wrote:

-DDO Fan Fic
-Church of Nac
- A active voter
-The Voter"s Union

-He is dedicated
-He is determined

I may support the Presidency, if they offer you and famous a place within their administration. I really didn't think you or famous was prepared for what a Presidency entails, but you could be if you are included in DK/TUF's administration. I'm glad to see you are on board with preserving the Presidency, and I think you decision is a noble one :) Much respect due!

Thank you so much, Emmarie. :)

donald.keller
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
5/15/2016 12:35:52 AM
At 5/14/2016 4:09:44 AM, Emmarie wrote:

-DDO Fan Fic
-Church of Nac
- A active voter
-The Voter"s Union

-He is dedicated
-He is determined

Thanks for your comments, Emmarie :)

#SaveThePresidency
#SaveTheSite

-- DK/TUF 2016 --
donald.keller
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
5/15/2016 12:37:10 AM
At 5/14/2016 3:40:54 AM, bsh1 wrote:

That it was dying until you started sponsoring it.

#SaveThePresidency
#SaveTheSite

-- DK/TUF 2016 --
bsh1
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
5/15/2016 1:34:11 AM
At 5/15/2016 12:37:10 AM, donald.keller wrote:
At 5/14/2016 3:40:54 AM, bsh1 wrote:

That it was dying until you started sponsoring it.

It didn't exist before I started sponsoring it.
Live Long and Prosper

I'm a Bish.

"Twilight isn't just about obtuse metaphors between cannibalism and premarital sex, it also teaches us the futility of hope." - Raisor

"[Bsh1] is the Guinan of DDO." - ButterCatX

Follow the DDOlympics
: http://www.debate.org...

Open Debate Topics Project: http://www.debate.org...
imabench
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
5/15/2016 3:19:38 AM

I will be running next cycle, (if DK is elected) once his term is officially over.

LOL wait a minute..... What part of your absolutely atrocious performance in this election makes you think that people will change their mind and vote for you next time around? DK, if he wins would also likely run for a second term, since most presidents run for a second term, so youre blindly committing yourself to running for president 6 months into the future when it is completely unknown how the state of the site will even be at that point.....

This is only evidence of why the presidency should be abolished.... Its nothing more than a popularity contest where people only run for president to acquire some sort of fame or status on the site, which Rosalie is now perfectly exemplifying.
Kevin24018 : "He's just so mean it makes me want to ball up my fists and stamp on the ground"

7/14/16 = The Presidency Dies

DDO: THE MOVIE = http://www.debate.org...
http://www.debate.org...

VP of DDO from Dec 14th 2014 to Jan 1st 2015
imabench
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
5/15/2016 3:22:13 AM

see how much work, and effort he has put into this site, such as:

-DDO Fan Fic
-Church of Nac

I literally started both of those.

- A active voter

Half the site can meet this goal

-The Voter"s Union
-And partaking in DDO Jeopardy

^ You should lead with these two accomplishments next time rather then start with ones that are better attributed to me. just a tip.
Kevin24018 : "He's just so mean it makes me want to ball up my fists and stamp on the ground"

7/14/16 = The Presidency Dies

DDO: THE MOVIE = http://www.debate.org...
http://www.debate.org...

VP of DDO from Dec 14th 2014 to Jan 1st 2015
Wylted
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
5/15/2016 9:16:10 AM
I literally gave you a very simple blueprint for how to win Rosalie. This was silly. It required a lot of effort, but it was doable.