Jump to topic:

Endorsement for president

Wylted
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
5/15/2016 9:08:04 AM
Posted: 6 months ago
I really didn't expect Rosalie to drop out, and I would not have left the site if I knew she was going to drop out of the race. With that being said, and me just finding out today that Rosalie has dropped out, so I decided to pop in and will not stick around long, most likely.

Imabench needs to openly discuss his platform a bit more, and definitely refine it to be more workable, but with that being said. Bench's ideals are so fresh and exciting that it is just what we need to shake up DDO. I could stick around a bit, but if I don't I will come back in time to actively work on getting Mr. Bench elected.

Vote Imabench
Wylted
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
5/15/2016 9:10:26 AM
As far as all the programs people like sticking around, the people most passionate about those programs should run them, while president Bench works on getting his job done successfully.
ColeTrain
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
5/15/2016 1:49:52 PM
At 5/15/2016 1:37:23 PM, XLAV wrote:
Never mind. I read the insides of his "I am dropping out" thread...

xD
"The right to 360 noscope noobs shall not be infringed!!!" -- tajshar2k
"So, to start off, I've never committed suicide." -- Vaarka
"I eat glue." -- brontoraptor
"I mean, at this rate, I'd argue for a ham sandwich presidency." -- ResponsiblyIrresponsible
"Overthrow Assad, heil jihad." -- 16kadams when trolling in hangout
"Hillary Clinton is not my favorite person ... and her campaign is as inspiring as a bowl of cottage cheese." -- YYW
DanneJeRusse
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
5/15/2016 4:10:14 PM
At 5/15/2016 9:08:04 AM, Wylted wrote:
I really didn't expect Rosalie to drop out, and I would not have left the site if I knew she was going to drop out of the race. With that being said, and me just finding out today that Rosalie has dropped out, so I decided to pop in and will not stick around long, most likely.

Imabench needs to openly discuss his platform a bit more, and definitely refine it to be more workable, but with that being said. Bench's ideals are so fresh and exciting that it is just what we need to shake up DDO. I could stick around a bit, but if I don't I will come back in time to actively work on getting Mr. Bench elected.

Vote Imabench

Translation: Please take me seriously when I pretend to be gone.
Marrying a 6 year old and waiting until she reaches puberty and maturity before having consensual sex is better than walking up to
a stranger in a bar and proceeding to have relations with no valid proof of the intent of the person. Muhammad wins. ~ Fatihah
If they don't want to be killed then they have to subdue to the Islamic laws. - Uncung
Without God, you are lower than sh!t. ~ SpiritandTruth
imabench
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
5/15/2016 4:12:02 PM
At 5/15/2016 1:49:52 PM, ColeTrain wrote:

xD
Kevin24018 : "He's just so mean it makes me want to ball up my fists and stamp on the ground"
Geogeer: "Nobody is dumb enough to become my protege."

7/14/16 = The Presidency Dies

DDO: THE MOVIE = http://www.debate.org...
http://www.debate.org...

VP of DDO from Dec 14th 2014 to Jan 1st 2015
donald.keller
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
5/15/2016 5:33:36 PM
Endorsing Imabench after the many, many threads of him attacking Rosalie personally? I think your just mad :)
-- Don't forget to submit your unvoted debates to the Voter's Union --

OFFICIAL DK/TUF 2016 Platform: http://www.debate.org...

My Facebook Page: https://www.facebook.com...
#SaveThePresidency
#SaveTheSite

-- DK/TUF 2016 --
donald.keller
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
5/15/2016 5:35:30 PM
At 5/15/2016 4:12:02 PM, imabench wrote:
At 5/15/2016 1:49:52 PM, ColeTrain wrote:

xD

I thought the same thing lol.

#SaveThePresidency
#SaveTheSite

-- DK/TUF 2016 --
famousdebater
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
5/15/2016 5:45:58 PM
I'm pretty shocked at this announcement. After you put so much effort into explaining the significance of a president and showing why abolishing is going to be a bad thing, endorsing imabench is something that I honestly didn't expect.
"Life calls the tune, we dance."
John Galsworthy
imabench
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
5/15/2016 5:46:49 PM
At 5/15/2016 5:45:58 PM, famousdebater wrote:
I'm pretty shocked at this announcement. After you put so much effort into explaining the significance of a president and showing why abolishing is going to be a bad thing, endorsing imabench is something that I honestly didn't expect.

Amazingly this is only like the third weirdest thing that has happened in the election this week
Kevin24018 : "He's just so mean it makes me want to ball up my fists and stamp on the ground"

16kadams
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
5/15/2016 5:48:35 PM
At 5/15/2016 5:33:36 PM, donald.keller wrote:
Endorsing Imabench after the many, many threads of him attacking Rosalie personally? I think you're* just mad :)
https://www.youtube.com...
https://rekonomics.wordpress.com...
"A trend is a trend, but the question is, will it bend? Will it alter its course through some unforeseen force and come to a premature end?" -- Alec Cairncross
donald.keller
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
5/15/2016 5:56:54 PM
At 5/15/2016 5:46:49 PM, imabench wrote:

Amazingly this is only like the third weirdest thing that has happened in the election this week

I know... Even I had to speak up.

First, an abolitionist. Then, he became an insane Bsh-fan... Then attacked the crap out of Bsh, then left the candidacy to Rosalie... And we know how you and her went together... So now he's endorsing you to destroy the presidency.

He's like that guy playing monopoly, trying to win, then cheating to win, and when he still loses, tosses the board and files a lawsuit to ban monopoly from ever existing again.

#SaveThePresidency
#SaveTheSite

-- DK/TUF 2016 --
imabench
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
5/15/2016 6:01:52 PM
At 5/15/2016 5:56:54 PM, donald.keller wrote:

First, an abolitionist. Then, he became an insane Bsh-fan... Then attacked the crap out of Bsh, then left the candidacy to Rosalie... And we know how you and her went together... So now he's endorsing you to destroy the presidency.

Plus the taking Bsh in as Co-VP that started this clusterf*ck of an election to begin with

Wylted
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
5/15/2016 6:31:05 PM

If his ideal doesn't work we can vote the presidency back in. Imabench has done a ton for this site. He has put literally thousands of hours into entertaining DDOians which has resulted in a large retention of great members who would not be here without him.

He has personally stuck to his guns in every situation where he thought he had the moral high ground. Not many people can fight tooth and nail with Airmax like that while still keeping a good relationship with him. In fact Bench is so good at working with Airmax that he hasn't even been elected yet and has created policies for what will happen if he is elected.

Tuf/DK are the same thing as Bladerunner, BSH1 and Airmax. Boring humorless robots who cannot think outside the box (no offense). This site will remain the same under a DK/Tuf regime. The law of entropy will explain to you why this is bad. The presidency needs more energy inserted into it or it will descend in chaos.

The presidency is already dead, Bench is the only person with a plan that can salvage some of the good it has done in the past, and in effect he also has given the people a voice that are often ignored. He is good for noobs and ignored demographics.

I will talk to you in PM, but I encourage you to have a paradigm shift in your thoughts and vote for the best candidate.
Wylted
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
5/15/2016 6:38:50 PM

He's like that guy playing monopoly, trying to win, then cheating to win, and when he still loses, tosses the board and files a lawsuit to ban monopoly from ever existing again.

I have never endorsed abolitionism. The abolitionists voted me, because they thought I'd be too incompetent to even let the presidency matter.

It's kinda tough for me to be honest with you here also. This is the type of thing that is not okay from a leader. Bench is actually showing his genuine self. You however arevpretending to be above the petty nonsense, while making a show of in essence saying "I am not going to insult this jerk, because I am above it."

This whole making a show of standing above pettiness is extremely dishonest. Imabench will win, we will test his experiment out, and if we don't like the results you can be the president after him.
famousdebater
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
5/15/2016 6:41:33 PM
At 5/15/2016 6:31:05 PM, Wylted wrote:

If his ideal doesn't work we can vote the presidency back in. Imabench has done a ton for this site. He has put literally thousands of hours into entertaining DDOians which has resulted in a large retention of great members who would not be here without him.

So do you think that a full time, well known entertainer could become president of the US? The answer is probably no. Being president and being an entertainer / troll are two massively different things.

He has personally stuck to his guns in every situation where he thought he had the moral high ground. Not many people can fight tooth and nail with Airmax like that while still keeping a good relationship with him. In fact Bench is so good at working with Airmax that he hasn't even been elected yet and has created policies for what will happen if he is elected.

That's irrelevant as to whether or not you support him or not. If you are aware that somebody can communicate with airmax like this you shouldn't be instantly voting for them if your views clearly conflict with their policies.

Tuf/DK are the same thing as Bladerunner, BSH1 and Airmax. Boring humorless robots who cannot think outside the box (no offense). This site will remain the same under a DK/Tuf regime. The law of entropy will explain to you why this is bad. The presidency needs more energy inserted into it or it will descend in chaos.

I agree that the presidency needs energy but even you must agree that a presidency with little energy (in your opinion) is better than a presidency with no energy (ie. no president).

The presidency is already dead, Bench is the only person with a plan that can salvage some of the good it has done in the past, and in effect he also has given the people a voice that are often ignored. He is good for noobs and ignored demographics.

That's not something that you were arguing the last time you were online. You are neither a noob or an ignored demographic.

I will talk to you in PM, but I encourage you to have a paradigm shift in your thoughts and vote for the best candidate.

I strongly doubt that you could change my mind on this issue.
John Galsworthy
famousdebater
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
5/15/2016 6:44:18 PM
At 5/15/2016 6:38:50 PM, Wylted wrote:
Imabench will win, we will test his experiment out, and if we don't like the results you can be the president after him.

The polls aren't showing this. Imabench is quite a lot lower than DK in the polls.
John Galsworthy
donald.keller
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
5/15/2016 6:48:40 PM

I have never endorsed abolitionism. The abolitionists voted me, because they thought I'd be too incompetent to even let the presidency matter.

It's kinda tough for me to be honest with you here also. This is the type of thing that is not okay from a leader. Bench is actually showing his genuine self. You however arevpretending to be above the petty nonsense, while making a show of in essence saying "I am not going to insult this jerk, because I am above it."

I don't make any notion of being anything other than me. I have always been largely passive with people, while also being known to get aggressive. I stated we would avoid drama, not that I wouldn't state my opinion of someone.

This whole making a show of standing above pettiness is extremely dishonest. Imabench will win, we will test his experiment out, and if we don't like the results you can be the president after him.

The polls disagree. Each one of them. And before you attack me as being fake, I'd like you to go and find one example of me saying "I won't give my honest opinion of someone." You are simply the first case of someone I had a negative thing to say about since the election. You are making up this idea of me that I gave you no reason to believe is real. I also challenge you to find a pre-election example of me being anything different from what I'm being now.

And I made fun of your highly inconsistent flip-flopping. I never called you a jerk, or any other name. Don't confuse being called out on your incredible inconsistency with being personally assaulted.

#SaveThePresidency
#SaveTheSite

-- DK/TUF 2016 --
Wylted
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
5/15/2016 6:52:15 PM
So do you think that a full time, well known entertainer could become president of the US? The answer is probably no. Being president and being an entertainer / troll are two massively different things.

Ronald Reagen did a good job, but this is also not the presidency of the United States, and I think it's silly to think only somebody with a stick up their asss can do a good job.

Time after time DDO only elects humorlous snobs who are completely incapable of thinking outside the box. I don't think the mere fact somevody is a humorlous snob should guve them a free pass to the presidency, despute the fact it has happened every election except the one where Mikal won.

That's irrelevant as to whether or not you support him or not. If you are aware that somebody can communicate with airmax like this you shouldn't be instantly voting for them if your views clearly conflict with their policies.

Bench's policies are not the ones I would push, but neither are the policies of DK/Tuf. Besides I think the potential upside is vetter with Bench, and there is pretty much no downside to either candidate.

I agree that the presidency needs energy but even you must agree that a presidency with little energy (in your opinion) is better than a presidency with no energy (ie. no president).

How would empowering the 300 active members of this site infuse less energy into policy making decision, than having 2 members be a dictatorship?

That's not something that you were arguing the last time you were online. You are neither a noob or an ignored demographic.

I was trying to win, I also have changed my mind as I often do.

Okay
Wylted
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
5/15/2016 6:56:15 PM
I don't make any notion of being anything other than me. I have always been largely passive with people, while also being known to get aggressive. I stated we would avoid drama, not that I wouldn't state my opinion of someone.

Fair enough, you seem to have a facade of trying to look like you are above things, but I guess I was mistaken. Sorry.

The polls disagree. Each one of them. And before you attack me as being fake, I'd like you to go and find one example of me saying "I won't give my honest opinion of someone." You are simply the first case of someone I had a negative thing to say about since the election. You are making up this idea of me that I gave you no reason to believe is real. I also challenge you to find a pre-election example of me being anything different from what I'm being now.

I concede.

And I made fun of your highly inconsistent flip-flopping. I never called you a jerk, or any other name. Don't confuse being called out on your incredible inconsistency with being personally assaulted.

Well, I'll also never deny being inconsistent. I never stop brainstorming and throwing out ideals. I just do it publicly instead of in my own head.
Wylted
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
5/15/2016 6:58:55 PM
At 5/15/2016 6:44:18 PM, famousdebater wrote:
Imabench will win, we will test his experiment out, and if we don't like the results you can be the president after him.

The polls aren't showing this. Imabench is quite a lot lower than DK in the polls.

I am not even going to explain this for the millionth time. Imabench was being an idiot by gloating over polls before. I'm sure if he pulls back ahead, he'll idiotically think they mean something again.

You should know better though.
famousdebater
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
5/15/2016 7:03:10 PM
At 5/15/2016 6:58:55 PM, Wylted wrote:

I am not even going to explain this for the millionth time. Imabench was being an idiot by gloating over polls before. I'm sure if he pulls back ahead, he'll idiotically think they mean something again.

This is exactly my point. Since imabench considers the polls as important and accurate it seems perfectly fine to mention when he is falling behind in them because when he isn't he seems to brag about it a lot. Furthermore, the polls are gaining more and more votes and are becoming more and more accurate.
John Galsworthy
Wylted
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
5/15/2016 7:06:49 PM
At 5/15/2016 7:03:10 PM, famousdebater wrote:
At 5/15/2016 6:58:55 PM, Wylted wrote:

This is exactly my point. Since imabench considers the polls as important and accurate it seems perfectly fine to mention when he is falling behind in them because when he isn't he seems to brag about it a lot. Furthermore, the polls are gaining more and more votes and are becoming more and more accurate.

Not when I don't value the polls at all. I am endorsing Bench, not becoming a clone of him. I have a ton of good and bad things to say about both campaigns.
famousdebater
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
5/15/2016 7:19:56 PM
At 5/15/2016 6:52:15 PM, Wylted wrote:

Ronald Reagen did a good job, but this is also not the presidency of the United States, and I think it's silly to think only somebody with a stick up their asss can do a good job.

It's the same principle. You can't expect a troll to be president. Whether it's regarding the president of the US or the president of DDO.

Time after time DDO only elects humorlous snobs who are completely incapable of thinking outside the box. I don't think the mere fact somevody is a humorlous snob should guve them a free pass to the presidency, despute the fact it has happened every election except the one where Mikal won.

That's a completely subjective claim. I won't be able to change your subjective opinions because there's no way to objectively prove that a president is humorless, however I do disagree with you here.

Bench's policies are not the ones I would push, but neither are the policies of DK/Tuf. Besides I think the potential upside is vetter with Bench, and there is pretty much no downside to either candidate.

There is a massive downside to voting bench. If the presidency is abolished then the outcome can be potentially drastic.

How would empowering the 300 active members of this site infuse less energy into policy making decision, than having 2 members be a dictatorship?

It's hardly a dictatorship when the people in power are voted in, there are moderators that help to limit decisions and power and surveys/polls are formed to get the communities say in ideas. And btw, there are more than 2 people involved with the DK/TUF platform. DK and TUF are just the main people involved and have the most power.

I was trying to win, I also have changed my mind as I often do.

That's a very big change of your mind to switch from being strongly Pro presidency to Con presidency.

Okay
John Galsworthy
Rosalie
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
5/15/2016 7:28:36 PM
0-100, real quick.

Quite frankly, I find this very hypocritical,but amusing at the same time.
" We need more videos of cat's playing the piano on the internet" - My art professor.

"Criticism is easier to take when you realize that the only people who aren't criticized are those who don't take risks." - Donald Trump

Officially Mrs. 16Kadams 8-30-16
Wylted
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
5/15/2016 7:34:52 PM
It's the same principle. You can't expect a troll to be president. Whether it's regarding the president of the US or the president of DDO.

Bench is not merely a troll. He is somebody who trolls, but he is also somebody who spends every bit of his time for 6 months to create an DDO movie and make practically everyobe feel good by name dropping a hundred different people.

Also, the concept is different. The president of the United States sets Americas foreign policy, so they literally have to choose who lives and dies in certain circumstances. DDO is just not that serious.

That's a completely subjective claim. I won't be able to change your subjective opinions because there's no way to objectively prove that a president is humorless, however I do disagree with you here.

This just requires a bit of common sense here. Clearly Bench has more of a sense of humor than his opponent. I don't think DK will deny that.

There is a massive downside to voting bench. If the presidency is abolished then the outcome can be potentially drastic.

That is a bare assertion. How about backing up that statement.

It's hardly a dictatorship when the people in power are voted in, there are moderators that help to limit decisions and power and surveys/polls are formed to get the communities say in ideas. And btw, there are more than 2 people involved with the DK/TUF platform. DK and TUF are just the main people involved and have the most power.

It's not 300 active members all working together to do something great though. It is a handful of their buddies and temporary allies. 300 active members clearly brings in more energy to a cause than 15.

Dictatorships can also be Democratic. Many pundits fear that America is headed for a Democratic dictatorship, because the executive branch keeps slowly gaining more power.

That's a very big change of your mind to switch from being strongly Pro presidency to Con presidency.

Bench's platform is not abolitionist. I am sure he thinks it will work that way in practice, but he will have to guide the policies a bit. Not create them, but be the voice of reason. A bit of maturity on his part would help, and hopefully he will grow into the role a bit, but isn't really neccessary.

Okay
Wylted
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
5/15/2016 7:36:16 PM
At 5/15/2016 7:28:36 PM, Rosalie wrote:
0-100, real quick.

"Consistency is the hobgoblin of little minds"
Rosalie
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
5/15/2016 7:37:32 PM
At 5/15/2016 7:36:16 PM, Wylted wrote:
At 5/15/2016 7:28:36 PM, Rosalie wrote:
0-100, real quick.

"Consistency is the hobgoblin of little minds"

To be conpleatly honest, I am quite glad you dropped out, because you would have been leading a false campaign.
" We need more videos of cat's playing the piano on the internet" - My art professor.

"Criticism is easier to take when you realize that the only people who aren't criticized are those who don't take risks." - Donald Trump

Officially Mrs. 16Kadams 8-30-16
famousdebater
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
5/15/2016 7:45:06 PM
At 5/15/2016 7:34:52 PM, Wylted wrote:

Bench is not merely a troll. He is somebody who trolls, but he is also somebody who spends every bit of his time for 6 months to create an DDO movie and make practically everyobe feel good by name dropping a hundred different people.

Again, thing about this practically. Does the fact that somebody creates a good movie mean that they are fit to be elected for president?

Also, the concept is different. The president of the United States sets Americas foreign policy, so they literally have to choose who lives and dies in certain circumstances. DDO is just not that serious.

That's why I talked about this "in principle" not literally.

This just requires a bit of common sense here. Clearly Bench has more of a sense of humor than his opponent. I don't think DK will deny that.

Fair enough, though you didn't just reference to a sense of humor. You also said that he has the greatest ability to think outside of the box because of this and this bit is the part that I was trying to reference.

That is a bare assertion. How about backing up that statement.

People have said that they'll leave if bench is elected. The site will potentially lose many of it's organizations that help to run it (for example, the mentorship program).

It's not 300 active members all working together to do something great though. It is a handful of their buddies and temporary allies. 300 active members clearly brings in more energy to a cause than 15.

I strongly doubt that all 300 people will agree on issues. I doubt that all 300 people will care enough to vote on and agree on all issues. There will be massive complications regarding voting, obligation to run certain programs, etc. 15 volunteers have willing agreed to help out DK/TUF meaning that they are obliged to help keep the site running, keep contact with moderation, etc. There is no obligation if this decides to opt in to anarchism.

Dictatorships can also be Democratic. Many pundits fear that America is headed for a Democratic dictatorship, because the executive branch keeps slowly gaining more power.

I know. That's why I gave more than one reason other than it being democratic.

Bench's platform is not abolitionist. I am sure he thinks it will work that way in practice, but he will have to guide the policies a bit. Not create them, but be the voice of reason. A bit of maturity on his part would help, and hopefully he will grow into the role a bit, but isn't really neccessary.

He doesn't care about his conduct at all. In fact, in the multiple confrontations that we've had in the forums he's demonstrated a completely lack of respect for the site and for others. And when this is pointed out to him his response is simply that he won't be president, so whether or not he has good conduct is irrelevant.
John Galsworthy