Vox_Veritas
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
5/16/2016 10:00:14 PM
Posted: 6 months ago
The DDO Blog is up and running! Behold:
https://debatedotorg.wordpress.com...
I expect to create one or two articles on a typical month.

If you have any questions, ask them here.
Call me Vox, the Resident Contrarian of debate.org.

The DDO Blog:

#drinkthecoffeenotthekoolaid
ColeTrain
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
5/16/2016 10:08:41 PM
At 5/16/2016 10:00:14 PM, Vox_Veritas wrote:

Awesome! What will the articles generally entail? Will others be able to contribute? How does this enhance the DDO experience?
"The right to 360 noscope noobs shall not be infringed!!!" -- tajshar2k
"So, to start off, I've never committed suicide." -- Vaarka
"I eat glue." -- brontoraptor
"I mean, at this rate, I'd argue for a ham sandwich presidency." -- ResponsiblyIrresponsible
"Overthrow Assad, heil jihad." -- 16kadams when trolling in hangout
"Hillary Clinton is not my favorite person ... and her campaign is as inspiring as a bowl of cottage cheese." -- YYW
Geogeer
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
5/16/2016 10:10:33 PM

I hope it works out well for you!
Vox_Veritas
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
5/16/2016 10:27:52 PM
At 5/16/2016 10:08:41 PM, ColeTrain wrote:

Awesome! What will the articles generally entail? Will others be able to contribute? How does this enhance the DDO experience?

The articles will generally be just that: articles. They'll argue for or against a certain point of view. That being said, they might on occasion be used for miscellaneous purposes relevant to the Site. People other than myself will be able to have their own articles published by sending me a PM with their article submission and I'll post it on the Blog for them (provided it doesn't contain inappropriate material). To prevent vandalism I won't be giving anyone else the direct ability to post articles on the Blog. As far as enhancing the Site experience, I really don't know. Wylted asked me to volunteer on behalf of the Site in some capacity, I saw that DDO used to have a (now defunct) Blog, so I just decided to do that.

The DDO Blog:

1harderthanyouthink
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
5/17/2016 12:36:26 AM
Best of luck.
"It's awfully considerate of you to think of me here,
And I'm much obliged to you for making it clear - that I'm not here."

-Syd Barrett

DDO Risk King
Hayd
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
5/17/2016 1:52:56 AM
At 5/16/2016 10:27:52 PM, Vox_Veritas wrote:

The articles will generally be just that: articles. They'll argue for or against a certain point of view. That being said, they might on occasion be used for miscellaneous purposes relevant to the Site. People other than myself will be able to have their own articles published by sending me a PM with their article submission and I'll post it on the Blog for them (provided it doesn't contain inappropriate material). To prevent vandalism I won't be giving anyone else the direct ability to post articles on the Blog. As far as enhancing the Site experience, I really don't know. Wylted asked me to volunteer on behalf of the Site in some capacity, I saw that DDO used to have a (now defunct) Blog, so I just decided to do that.

This has probably already been discussed, but why can't this go in the forums? Many people already post OP's (e.g. YYW) in the forums on a multitude of issues. People can directly quote and reply to the parts where they have qualms with, and this increases site activity. I don't really see how this is DDO related apart from the title and the fact that members are supposed to contribute, which they can already do in the forums. If anything, this seems to be taking activity off of debate.org....
missbailey8
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
5/17/2016 1:58:34 AM
It's so beautiful.
~missbailey8~

Me: What is the weirdest thing I have ever done?
Solon: Agreeing to date me.

Skep: Bailey, you have sardonic written all over your face.
Annie: She has gorgeous written all over her face!

"[M]en are weak. All of us are weak."
-Fatihah

If you ever just want someone to vent, rant, or discuss anything troubling you, my PMs are always open. Have a fabulous day!

The Clown Queen of DDO
donald.keller
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
5/17/2016 2:19:35 AM
http://blog.debate.org...
-- Don't forget to submit your unvoted debates to the Voter's Union --

OFFICIAL DK/TUF 2016 Platform: http://www.debate.org...

My Facebook Page: https://www.facebook.com...
#SaveThePresidency
#SaveTheSite

-- DK/TUF 2016 --
donald.keller
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
5/17/2016 2:20:43 AM
On a note, yours can be update. So yours is officially better then Juggles.
-- Don't forget to submit your unvoted debates to the Voter's Union --

OFFICIAL DK/TUF 2016 Platform: http://www.debate.org...

My Facebook Page: https://www.facebook.com...
#SaveThePresidency
#SaveTheSite

-- DK/TUF 2016 --
ColeTrain
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
5/17/2016 2:24:21 AM

The articles will generally be just that: articles. They'll argue for or against a certain point of view.

Nice. :)

That being said, they might on occasion be used for miscellaneous purposes relevant to the Site. People other than myself will be able to have their own articles published by sending me a PM with their article submission and I'll post it on the Blog for them (provided it doesn't contain inappropriate material). To prevent vandalism I won't be giving anyone else the direct ability to post articles on the Blog.

Fair enough. That's certainly logical. :)

As far as enhancing the Site experience, I really don't know. Wylted asked me to volunteer on behalf of the Site in some capacity, I saw that DDO used to have a (now defunct) Blog, so I just decided to do that.

Sure. That's fine.
"I mean, at this rate, I'd argue for a ham sandwich presidency." -- ResponsiblyIrresponsible
"Hillary Clinton is not my favorite person ... and her campaign is as inspiring as a bowl of cottage cheese." -- YYW
ColeTrain
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
5/17/2016 2:25:05 AM

Also, good luck! :)
Vox_Veritas
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
5/17/2016 2:35:52 AM
At 5/17/2016 1:52:56 AM, Hayd wrote:

This has probably already been discussed, but why can't this go in the forums? Many people already post OP's (e.g. YYW) in the forums on a multitude of issues. People can directly quote and reply to the parts where they have qualms with, and this increases site activity. I don't really see how this is DDO related apart from the title and the fact that members are supposed to contribute, which they can already do in the forums. If anything, this seems to be taking activity off of debate.org....

Dude, can you bleeping imagine what that would look like? The day that I actually posted an article people felt like discussing there'd be 60 miscellaneous posts in between that and the next article posted.

The DDO Blog:

Hayd
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
5/17/2016 2:43:50 AM
At 5/17/2016 2:35:52 AM, Vox_Veritas wrote:

Dude, can you bleeping imagine what that would look like? The day that I actually posted an article people felt like discussing there'd be 60 miscellaneous posts in between that and the next article posted.

Confusing block of words. If you mean that people don't discuss it in the forums, and when they do there is miscellaneous posts in the discussion, how is creating an external blog going to change that? I'd rather have high discussion with some weird posts than no discussion
Vox_Veritas
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
5/17/2016 2:48:43 AM
At 5/17/2016 2:43:50 AM, Hayd wrote:

Confusing block of words. If you mean that people don't discuss it in the forums, and when they do there is miscellaneous posts in the discussion, how is creating an external blog going to change that? I'd rather have high discussion with some weird posts than no discussion

There's a problem whenever you have to go through post after post of random junk to find articles.
Plus, having it under a blog format adds legitimacy to it. :)

The DDO Blog:

Hayd
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
5/17/2016 2:50:35 AM
At 5/17/2016 2:48:43 AM, Vox_Veritas wrote:

There's a problem whenever you have to go through post after post of random junk to find articles.

Oh, you mean threads. You can just bump it...regardless; thread darwinism

I suppose that is a truism lol
Vox_Veritas
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
5/17/2016 2:57:06 AM
At 5/17/2016 2:50:35 AM, Hayd wrote:
At 5/17/2016 2:48:43 AM, Vox_Veritas wrote:

Oh, you mean threads. You can just bump it...regardless; thread Darwinism

Actually, I'm talking about within the thread. I'll explain it this way:
Let's say I make an article called "Why we should burn necrophiles at the stake." The post sparks discussion and there are 80 posts made in that thread. Later, I make another article, but to find it people have to go through 80 posts. If people start on the most recent page, they'll still have trouble finding articles which aren't the first or most recent made. But yeah, the whole "thread Darwinism" thing would bury a forum-based blog within minutes.

I suppose that is a truism lol

The DDO Blog: