Jump to topic:

28 hours from homeless

Ore_Ele
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
12/8/2010 7:35:59 PM
Posted: 5 years ago
You ever feel like Julie Roberts from Pretty Woman when she tries to buy clothes and has the money in her hands, but the store says "no" anyway? Well, it sucks.

I am currently living in a month to month rental agreement, however the landlord decided that she wanted someone with a lease, so last month said, this is your last month, I'm renting your place out to someone else. Not really a problem, since I was planning to move anyway, thats why we were doing month to month. So did our budget, found a place well within that budget, and began saving to move.

We know that our credit sucks, because when your pay drops over 60%, you bounce on some contracts that you are signed into. Doesn't matter that we've paid them all back, the fact that they were charged off still shows on the credit. So we had to get a co-signer. Found someone that said, "sure, not a problem." Then, 3 days before we have to move, our co-signer backs out.

The apartments don't let you in with bad credit, regardless of how much you make and how much you have sitting in the bank. The fact that I could pay the first 6 months of rent today apparently don't matter.

We've spent the last 2 days trying to find a co-signer and now we've finally got one, so our nightmare is over.

So for everyone on the mafia that may have been thinking "where the hell is the moderator for this?!" I'm back now, and my stress and start going down.
"Wanting Red Rhino Pill to have gender"
studentathletechristian8
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
12/8/2010 7:40:20 PM
Awwww.........

Well, glad that it seems your current problem has subsided. Hopefully you'll increase your credit rating, and you can avoid stress!
Ore_Ele
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
12/8/2010 7:54:04 PM
At 12/8/2010 7:40:20 PM, studentathletechristian8 wrote:
Awwww.........

Well, glad that it seems your current problem has subsided. Hopefully you'll increase your credit rating, and you can avoid stress!

Unfortunately, the only "cure" for scars on your credit is time. I've cleared up all "open wounds." I've even gone back and paid off things that have been charged off, just because it is the right thing to do.

But, my wife's grandma, over in south dakota, drove 80 miles to a fax machine to send in the info for us.
studentathletechristian8
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
12/8/2010 7:58:39 PM
At 12/8/2010 7:54:04 PM, OreEle wrote:
Awwww.........

Unfortunately, the only "cure" for scars on your credit is time. I've cleared up all "open wounds." I've even gone back and paid off things that have been charged off, just because it is the right thing to do.

But, my wife's grandma, over in south dakota, drove 80 miles to a fax machine to send in the info for us.

True. It may take years to achieve better scores.
gavin.ogden
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
12/8/2010 8:02:49 PM
At 12/8/2010 7:54:04 PM, OreEle wrote:
Awwww.........

That is great story for the holiday season. Congratulations, it's nice to hear about good things happening once in awhile.
Johnicle
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
12/9/2010 11:02:54 AM

South Dakotans are the best are they not? lol
m93samman
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
12/9/2010 11:09:05 AM
Damn... Even I felt your stress on that one. Well written; congrats on getting through that.
: At 4/15/2011 5:29:37 PM, CosmicAlfonzo wrote:
: Pascal's wager is for poosies.
:
: I mean that sincerly, because it's basically an argument from poooosie.
:
: I'm pretty sure that's like a fallacy.. Argument ad Pussium or something like that.
lovelife
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
12/9/2010 11:25:15 AM
At 12/8/2010 7:35:59 PM, OreEle wrote:
You ever feel like Julie Roberts from Pretty Woman when she tries to buy clothes and has the money in her hands, but the store says "no" anyway? Well, it sucks.

I am currently living in a month to month rental agreement, however the landlord decided that she wanted someone with a lease, so last month said, this is your last month, I'm renting your place out to someone else. Not really a problem, since I was planning to move anyway, thats why we were doing month to month. So did our budget, found a place well within that budget, and began saving to move.

We know that our credit sucks, because when your pay drops over 60%, you bounce on some contracts that you are signed into. Doesn't matter that we've paid them all back, the fact that they were charged off still shows on the credit. So we had to get a co-signer. Found someone that said, "sure, not a problem." Then, 3 days before we have to move, our co-signer backs out.

The apartments don't let you in with bad credit, regardless of how much you make and how much you have sitting in the bank. The fact that I could pay the first 6 months of rent today apparently don't matter.

We've spent the last 2 days trying to find a co-signer and now we've finally got one, so our nightmare is over.

So for everyone on the mafia that may have been thinking "where the hell is the moderator for this?!" I'm back now, and my stress and start going down.

Holy sh!t dude. Glad it worked out tho. Get better credit soon ;P
Without Royal there is a hole inside of me, I have no choice but to leave
innomen
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
12/9/2010 12:37:37 PM

Seriously? You think that's more important that mafia on DDO? Talk about screwed up priorities.
Ore_Ele
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
12/9/2010 1:46:04 PM
At 12/9/2010 12:37:37 PM, innomen wrote:

Seriously? You think that's more important that mafia on DDO? Talk about screwed up priorities.

I know better now. lol.
lovelife
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
12/9/2010 3:33:58 PM
At 12/9/2010 1:46:04 PM, OreEle wrote:

I know better now. lol.

Nothing comes above mafia :p
Without Royal there is a hole inside of me, I have no choice but to leave
Kahvan
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
12/10/2010 7:38:18 AM
At 12/9/2010 3:33:58 PM, lovelife wrote:
At 12/9/2010 1:46:04 PM, OreEle wrote:

I know better now. lol.

Nothing comes above mafia :p

Not even KFC?