Jump to topic:

How not to go about Presidential voting

1harderthanyouthink
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
5/17/2016 6:50:55 PM
Posted: 6 months ago
I've gotten some flack from a few people like Rosalie, Famous, and 16K for being in the face when I'm behind DK. They're reason for why people shouldn't support me is that I'm behind. Frankly, that's utterly ridiculous and follows no discernible logic.

This is mostly a message to pro-Presidency voters.

1. Read the platforms - don't rely on a single poll

Polls vary. I've had people tell me their private findings were that I'm closer to DK than a few people may want to admit. Cole's first poll had me way ahead of DK. Cole's second poll has me way behind. TBR's poll has me way behind, but I can honestly count the number of people who privately or publicly say they support me and it comes to a higher number.

What I've gotten out of my intersections with people is that they did not read my platform (and sometimes not even the other ones), but "they'll probably vote DK". Some people have said they'll wait to commit until the Presidential debate.

2. The election isn't tomorrow

The election is in two months. If DK's camp cannot deal with someone disrupting his entitlement to the Presidency, then they cannot be trusted to deal with the flak an administration and its supporters will get in six months.

3. Intellectual honesty

If you want to kill my campaign, kill the platform - the way of "he can't win" is blind and stupid. If you can't address raise questions to my platform, then I don't see an argument for me to drop out.

DK announced months ago. I announced a week and a half ago. Even if I'm way behind - which I don't really think is the case - ask yourself whether announcing first justifiably establishes the position as the first choice.
"It's awfully considerate of you to think of me here,
And I'm much obliged to you for making it clear - that I'm not here."

-Syd Barrett

DDO Risk King
1harderthanyouthink
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
5/17/2016 6:51:26 PM
"being in the race" auto corrected to "being in the face".

-Syd Barrett

DDO Risk King
imabench
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
5/17/2016 6:54:19 PM
Holy sh*t, DK is Hillary Clinton, 1harder is Bernie, which can only mean im fuckin Trump

Awesome ;D
Kevin24018 : "He's just so mean it makes me want to ball up my fists and stamp on the ground"
Geogeer: "Nobody is dumb enough to become my protege."

7/14/16 = The Presidency Dies

DDO: THE MOVIE = http://www.debate.org...
http://www.debate.org...

VP of DDO from Dec 14th 2014 to Jan 1st 2015
1harderthanyouthink
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
5/17/2016 6:55:55 PM
At 5/17/2016 6:54:19 PM, imabench wrote:
Holy sh*t, DK is Hillary Clinton, 1harder is Bernie, which can only mean im fuckin Trump

Awesome ;D

I will make my thread on breaking up the control over the site's content by the top tenth of one percent tomorrow.

-Syd Barrett

DDO Risk King
imabench
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
5/17/2016 6:57:06 PM
At 5/17/2016 6:55:55 PM, 1harderthanyouthink wrote:

Awesome ;D

I will make my thread on breaking up the control over the site's content by the top tenth of one percent tomorrow.

Sounds good. Should I make a thread claiming that Religious forum users are rapists the day before, or the day after?
Kevin24018 : "He's just so mean it makes me want to ball up my fists and stamp on the ground"

1harderthanyouthink
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
5/17/2016 6:57:52 PM
At 5/17/2016 6:57:06 PM, imabench wrote:
At 5/17/2016 6:55:55 PM, 1harderthanyouthink wrote:

Awesome ;D

Sounds good. Should I make a thread claiming that Religious forum users are rapists the day before, or the day after?

You should make one every day.

-Syd Barrett

DDO Risk King
Rosalie
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
5/17/2016 6:59:40 PM
At 5/17/2016 6:50:55 PM, 1harderthanyouthink wrote:
I've gotten some flack from a few people like Rosalie, Famous, and 16K for being in the face when I'm behind DK. They're reason for why people shouldn't support me is that I'm behind. Frankly, that's utterly ridiculous and follows no discernible logic.

Man, you have a thing for making "faulty accusations". I'm not supporting you because you're just behind, but there are many other reasons why I wouldn't support you, which I expressed to you in a pm. So, this is very poor conduct in you lying about why I won't support you. If you need me to, I can express why I don't support you, here.

Polls vary. I've had people tell me their private findings were that I'm closer to DK than a few people may want to admit. Cole's first poll had me way ahead of DK. Cole's second poll has me way behind. TBR's poll has me way behind, but I can honestly count the number of people who privately or publicly say they support me and it comes to a higher number.

What I've gotten out of my intersections with people is that they did not read my platform (and sometimes not even the other ones), but "they'll probably vote DK". Some people have said they'll wait to commit until the Presidential debate.

The election is in two months. If DK's camp cannot deal with someone disrupting his entitlement to the Presidency, then they cannot be trusted to deal with the flak an administration and its supporters will get in six months.

3. Intellectual honesty

If you want to kill my campaign, kill the platform - the way of "he can't win" is blind and stupid. If you can't address raise questions to my platform, then I don't see an argument for me to drop out.

DK announced months ago. I announced a week and a half ago. Even if I'm way behind - which I don't really think is the case - ask yourself whether announcing first justifiably establishes the position as the first choice.
" We need more videos of cat's playing the piano on the internet" - My art professor.

"Criticism is easier to take when you realize that the only people who aren't criticized are those who don't take risks." - Donald Trump

Officially Mrs. 16Kadams 8-30-16
imabench
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
5/17/2016 7:00:58 PM
At 5/17/2016 6:59:40 PM, Rosalie wrote:

this is very poor conduct

Meanwhile 4 minutes earlier: http://www.debate.org...

1harderthanyouthink
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
5/17/2016 7:03:42 PM

Man, you have a thing for making "faulty accusations". I'm not supporting you because you're just behind, but there are many other reasons why I wouldn't support you, which I expressed to you in a pm. So, this is very poor conduct in you lying about why I won't support you. If you need me to, I can express why I don't support you, here.

So quick to the accusations? I just called you out for not responding substantively - that was the point of this thread. If all you're going to do is dismiss the platform, then you're not being substantive.

Really, what sparked this was Famous saying Bsh should have endorsed DK because I'm "way behind".

-Syd Barrett

DDO Risk King
Rosalie
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
5/17/2016 7:04:07 PM
At 5/17/2016 7:00:58 PM, imabench wrote:

So?

Unlike 1harder, when I was running, I was telling the truth about things. 1harder is bluntly making out-right lies, and accusations, because he knows I know the truth about his campaign, and endorsement from bsh1.
" We need more videos of cat's playing the piano on the internet" - My art professor.

"Criticism is easier to take when you realize that the only people who aren't criticized are those who don't take risks." - Donald Trump

1harderthanyouthink
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
5/17/2016 7:05:44 PM
At 5/17/2016 7:04:07 PM, Rosalie wrote:

So?

Unlike 1harder, when I was running, I was telling the truth about things. 1harder is bluntly making out-right lies, and accusations, because he knows I know the truth about his campaign, and endorsement from bsh1.

Because he's my friend, he would say Bench has a less destructive platform than DK?

-Syd Barrett

DDO Risk King
Rosalie
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
5/17/2016 7:07:16 PM
At 5/17/2016 7:05:44 PM, 1harderthanyouthink wrote:

So?

Because he's my friend, he would say Bench has a less destructive platform than DK?

There is more to it....and you know it.

1harderthanyouthink
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
5/17/2016 7:07:54 PM

This is what people like Rosalie do. Her purpose here isn't to attack my campaign or anything I said in this thread, it's to get under my skin. I've dealt with much worse than her, though, even today. I'll respond, but I'm rather unaffected, personally. My reason for responding, at this point, is to make sure nobody actually falls for her act.

-Syd Barrett

DDO Risk King
1harderthanyouthink
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
5/17/2016 7:08:12 PM
At 5/17/2016 7:07:16 PM, Rosalie wrote:
At 5/17/2016 7:05:44 PM, 1harderthanyouthink wrote:

So?

There is more to it....and you know it.

Sure there is.

-Syd Barrett

DDO Risk King
Rosalie
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
5/17/2016 7:13:08 PM
At 5/17/2016 7:07:54 PM, 1harderthanyouthink wrote:

This is what people like Rosalie do. Her purpose here isn't to attack my campaign or anything I said in this thread, it's to get under my skin. I've dealt with much worse than her, though, even today. I'll respond, but I'm rather unaffected, personally. My reason for responding, at this point, is to make sure nobody actually falls for her act.

So....expressing by opinion is all an act? How does that make sense?

Some wrd if advice, if you're running don't make false accusations on people just because they don't support you.

I'm done.

1harderthanyouthink
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
5/17/2016 7:14:38 PM
At 5/17/2016 7:13:08 PM, Rosalie wrote:

Some wrd if advice, if you're running don't make false accusations on people just because they don't support you.

I'm done.

You've told me you were done several times, but you've always come back for more, whether publicly or privately. Keep trying, but be careful about how far you go.

-Syd Barrett

DDO Risk King
PetersSmith
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
5/17/2016 7:21:45 PM

Awesome ;D

No way. Your policies are the exact opposite of our Lord's. In the words of one of many "he's a fascist".
Empress of DDO (also Poll and Forum "Maintenance" Moderator)

"The two most important days in your life is the day you were born, and the day you find out why."
~Mark Twain

"Wow"
-Doge

"Don't believe everything you read on the internet just because there's a picture with a quote next to it."
~Abraham Lincoln

Guide to the Polls Section: http://www.debate.org...
imabench
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
5/17/2016 8:24:44 PM
At 5/17/2016 7:13:08 PM, Rosalie wrote:

Some wrd if advice, if you're running, don't make false accusations on people just because they don't support you.

Oh the irony XD

ColeTrain
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
5/17/2016 8:49:31 PM

Very good post.

I can vouch for this. I think you had a surplus in the first iteration of the poll because your campaign just opened up. People were excited to vote for you. After a week, I reset the votes, and now the results are much different. It's entirely subjective to timing, people's willingness to vote, and the availability/advertisement of the poll.
"The right to 360 noscope noobs shall not be infringed!!!" -- tajshar2k
"So, to start off, I've never committed suicide." -- Vaarka
"I eat glue." -- brontoraptor
"I mean, at this rate, I'd argue for a ham sandwich presidency." -- ResponsiblyIrresponsible
"Overthrow Assad, heil jihad." -- 16kadams when trolling in hangout
"Hillary Clinton is not my favorite person ... and her campaign is as inspiring as a bowl of cottage cheese." -- YYW
1harderthanyouthink
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
5/17/2016 9:01:37 PM
At 5/17/2016 8:49:31 PM, ColeTrain wrote:

Very good post.

Thanks.

-Syd Barrett

DDO Risk King
ColeTrain
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
5/17/2016 9:08:02 PM
At 5/17/2016 9:01:37 PM, 1harderthanyouthink wrote:
At 5/17/2016 8:49:31 PM, ColeTrain wrote:

Very good post.

Thanks.

No problem. :)
"The right to 360 noscope noobs shall not be infringed!!!" -- tajshar2k
"So, to start off, I've never committed suicide." -- Vaarka
"I eat glue." -- brontoraptor
"I mean, at this rate, I'd argue for a ham sandwich presidency." -- ResponsiblyIrresponsible
"Overthrow Assad, heil jihad." -- 16kadams when trolling in hangout
"Hillary Clinton is not my favorite person ... and her campaign is as inspiring as a bowl of cottage cheese." -- YYW
TBR
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
5/17/2016 10:55:26 PM

3. Intellectual honesty

They are starting to work CREEP. Don't let anyone push you based on anything, including my poll. DK support is strong, but seems vertical.
1harderthanyouthink
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
5/17/2016 10:57:28 PM
At 5/17/2016 10:55:26 PM, TBR wrote:
They are starting to work CREEP. Don't let anyone push you based on anything, including my poll. DK support is strong, but seems vertical.

So you're seeing the same BS from them I do? Good to know.

-Syd Barrett

DDO Risk King
famousdebater
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
5/17/2016 11:18:33 PM
At 5/17/2016 7:03:42 PM, 1harderthanyouthink wrote:

So quick to the accusations? I just called you out for not responding substantively - that was the point of this thread. If all you're going to do is dismiss the platform, then you're not being substantive.

Really, what sparked this was Famous saying Bsh should have endorsed DK because I'm "way behind".

I did say that. But that isn't the sole reason as to why people shouldn't vote for you. I merely put the idea forward as I wanted to know Bsh's opinion on that particlular point. Not because I thought that it was the only reason to not vote for you. Since Bsh expressed assign towards the presidency I was merely curious on his thoughts regarding the splitting of votes argument. This is another thing that you've incorrectly inferred from my writing. Stop making assumptions about what I say. I it isn't clear then ask - don't assume.
"Life calls the tune, we dance."
John Galsworthy
famousdebater
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
5/17/2016 11:21:24 PM
At 5/17/2016 10:57:28 PM, 1harderthanyouthink wrote:

The way that you've phrased the OP, I'm not surprised. It's blatantly false and untrue in regards to what others have said. You are lying about me and are misinterpreting my quotes and using it to your advantage.
"Life calls the tune, we dance."
John Galsworthy
TBR
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
5/17/2016 11:23:02 PM
At 5/17/2016 10:57:28 PM, 1harderthanyouthink wrote:

There is something afoot with Seventh/Rosalie/DK. Wait for it.
SeventhProfessor
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
5/18/2016 1:06:27 AM

Rosalie is the Carly Fiorina
#UnbanTheMadman

#StandWithBossy

#BetOnThett

"bossy r u like 85 years old and have lost ur mind"
~mysteriouscrystals

"I've honestly never seen seventh post anything that wasn't completely idiotic in a trying-to-be-funny way."
~F-16

https://docs.google.com...
Wylted
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
5/18/2016 11:59:41 AM

Awesome ;D

I didn't want to be the one to tell you that. I at one point realized I was Kasich and I threw up in my mouth.
TheGreatAndPowerful
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
5/18/2016 12:41:58 PM
This is confusing. The title of this post is how NOT to vote. Then you provide a list of ways of how TO vote.

Which is it?
1harderthanyouthink
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
5/18/2016 3:20:09 PM
At 5/18/2016 12:41:58 PM, TheGreatAndPowerful wrote:
This is confusing. The title of this post is how NOT to vote. Then you provide a list of ways of how TO vote.

Which is it?

Well, I was annoyed and was chastising a few members and their proposed reasons for supporting their candidates. That was why I made the thread...so it started with me taking shots at what I view as how not to vote, and then giving advice on how to properly do so.

So...both, I guess.

-Syd Barrett

DDO Risk King