Jump to topic:

Debate Quality

fire_wings
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
5/18/2016 4:32:24 PM
Posted: 6 months ago
Look at the debates in the voting section. No offense, but they are bad. All troll debates. We shouldn't have these debates. The debate quality is going down in this site. I don't think there will be any new good members in the site anymore.
#ALLHAILFIRETHEKINGOFTHEMISCFORUM

...it's not a new policy... it's just that DDO was built on an ancient burial ground, and that means the spirits of old rise again to cause us problems sometimes- Airmax1227

Wtf you must have an IQ of 250 if you're 11 and already decent at this- 16k

Go to sleep!!!!- missmozart

So to start off, I never committed suicide- Vaarka
Seagull
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
5/18/2016 4:39:11 PM
At 5/18/2016 4:32:24 PM, fire_wings wrote:
Look at the debates in the voting section. No offense, but they are bad. All troll debates. We shouldn't have these debates. The debate quality is going down in this site. I don't think there will be any new good members in the site anymore.

Ouch
Geogeer
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
5/18/2016 4:51:30 PM

What do you expect when the long term members on this site don't debate and don't initiate quality debates. People emulate what they see.

And yet there is one campaign whose main purpose is to reduce politics and actually tries to encourage debating - the one that the other campaigns are attempting to leave out of the debate.

Coincidence? We are creating our own doom and just continue down the path.
Hayd
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
5/18/2016 4:54:50 PM

wtf
ballpit
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
5/18/2016 5:15:51 PM

I'm a new member and have yet too see a debate that I am willing to take part in plus I am not really sure how to setup a debate online as I'm transitioning from in person debates.
This user is an Angel and will answer any DDO-related questions to the best of their ability. PM for help, or post in the Welcome Thread.
Before you do anything:
http://www.debate.org......
Welcome Thread:
New Members Read Me:
Argument Bingo
http://imgur.com......
I avoid fights with gay people because even when you win you lose. - Wylted
Lexus
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
5/18/2016 5:19:28 PM

looking at your own debates, eh? yikes, i thought the same when i saw. :p
Vaarka
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
5/18/2016 5:24:10 PM
At 5/18/2016 5:19:28 PM, Lexus wrote:

http://www.cute-calendar.com...
You're probably thinking right now "haha I'm a genius". Well you're not -Valkrin

inferno: "I don't know, are you attracted to women?"
ButterCatX: "No, Vaarka is mine!"

All hail scum Vaarka, wielder of the bastard sword, smiter of nations, destroyer of spiders -VOT

"Vaarka, I've been thinking about this for a long time now," (pulls out small box made of macaroni) "W-will you be my noodle buddy?" -Kirigaya
Valkrin
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
5/18/2016 5:27:15 PM
At 5/18/2016 5:24:10 PM, Vaarka wrote:

http://www.cute-calendar.com...
"So, to start off, I've never committed suicide." - Vaarka
Seagull
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
5/18/2016 5:47:27 PM

Right!
imabench
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
5/18/2016 5:54:25 PM
At 5/18/2016 4:51:30 PM, Geogeer wrote:

What do you expect when the long term members on this site don't debate and don't initiate quality debates. People emulate what they see.

And yet there is one campaign whose main purpose is to reduce politics and actually tries to encourage debating

The problem is that campaign only encourages people to make spam debates in order to make themselves king, so that campaign would only exacerbate the poor-quality debate problem the site has by basically subsidizing spammed debates
Kevin24018 : "He's just so mean it makes me want to ball up my fists and stamp on the ground"
Geogeer: "Nobody is dumb enough to become my protege."

7/14/16 = The Presidency Dies

DDO: THE MOVIE = http://www.debate.org...
http://www.debate.org...

VP of DDO from Dec 14th 2014 to Jan 1st 2015
Sam7411
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
5/18/2016 6:14:36 PM

Is my Middle Earth rap battle part of the problem?
Valkrin
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
5/18/2016 6:15:40 PM

Then make "good" debates. Simple as that. Doesn't help to whine about a problem when you won't work to fix it.
"So, to start off, I've never committed suicide." - Vaarka
ColeTrain
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
5/19/2016 10:54:22 PM
At 5/18/2016 5:15:51 PM, ballpit wrote:

I'm a new member and have yet too see a debate that I am willing to take part in plus I am not really sure how to setup a debate online as I'm transitioning from in person debates.

Look at a few of this user's last debates: [http://www.debate.org...] They should help guide as to how to initiate a good one. :)
"The right to 360 noscope noobs shall not be infringed!!!" -- tajshar2k
"So, to start off, I've never committed suicide." -- Vaarka
"I eat glue." -- brontoraptor
"I mean, at this rate, I'd argue for a ham sandwich presidency." -- ResponsiblyIrresponsible
"Overthrow Assad, heil jihad." -- 16kadams when trolling in hangout
"Hillary Clinton is not my favorite person ... and her campaign is as inspiring as a bowl of cottage cheese." -- YYW