A Modest Proposal to the Election

ChristianM
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
12/9/2010 9:41:31 AM
Posted: 5 years ago
Greetings,

As was brought up, the voting for this year's election is being planned within the confines of a strict PM vote only. However, this undermines the main populous of possible voters that would have a voice. Therefore, I respectfully request openly and publicly that a Poll started on a website where the results are accessible to all be used to conduct this years elections.
jharry
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
12/9/2010 9:53:16 AM
At 12/9/2010 9:41:31 AM, usafkid1121 wrote:
Greetings,

As was brought up, the voting for this year's election is being planned within the confines of a strict PM vote only. However, this undermines the main populous of possible voters that would have a voice. Therefore, I respectfully request openly and publicly that a Poll started on a website where the results are accessible to all be used to conduct this years elections.

Will you ensure that there will be no vote tampering on this website?

What is wrong with an open vote in a thread right here? Is anyone ashamed of who they are voting for?
In nomine Patris, et Filii, et Spiritus Sancti. Amen
ChristianM
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
12/9/2010 10:16:36 AM
At 12/9/2010 9:53:16 AM, jharry wrote:
At 12/9/2010 9:41:31 AM, usafkid1121 wrote:
Greetings,

Will you ensure that there will be no vote tampering on this website?

What is wrong with an open vote in a thread right here? Is anyone ashamed of who they are voting for?

Im just recognizing user anonymity really. But if one would insist, open voting would be nice.
innomen
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
12/9/2010 12:42:23 PM
This whole anonymity thing, i really don't get. As if there is some great reprisals that would come from FREEDO, Cody or myself. I guess i could see some embarrassment in voting for one of the three here, but hell, we are in the internet, we're all anonymous (Except you koopin, i know where you live).
Reasoning
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
12/9/2010 1:00:11 PM
Death to secret ballots.
"What we really ought to ask the liberal, before we even begin addressing his agenda, is this: In what kind of society would he be a conservative?" - Joseph Sobran